• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Secrets of the third attraction revealed

It doesn't look like we have the movie nailed down yet. How about any thoughts on the "new technology" to be employed?

Earl, was your comment about "don't believe everything that you read" in reference to the HP rights or some aspect of the original interview? Sounds as if Diller might be a good owner if Universal entertainment is separated from Vivendi. At least he seems to be a big fan of the parks.

I could imagine an attraction based on "The Matrix".
This is because of the planed attraction for the park in Germany. On the masterplan, which I have, it is called "Matrix: The Simualtor" (I think they'll change the name though:smooth:)
As far as I know, there are no details leaked so far.
Maybe they "copy" that ride, and they built in in Oralndo and in Germany ?

only time will tell.................... or perhaps Earl :D

(hidden call for Earl:jester:)

This link might help -- assuming it's based on a Universal release:

http://movies.yahoo.com/upcoming/bydistrib/universal/

Fast and the Furious 2 is definitely intriguing, but where the heck would you shoehorn that in IOA to make the theme stick? I'm assuming we're talking about the spot of land between Jurassic Park and Dudley. Maybe there's something inspiring in JP4?

I think I'll give another 2 cents ;)

I doubt that attraction is going to IOA, if it is not based on an upcoming JP movie. We know that the next big expansion project at IOA will tale place over at JP. So if its not an JP "thing" it will go to the studios.

This makes sense, as IOA has already THE state-of-the-art-attraction. But USF needs something cutting-the-edge and thrilling again(!).

So, if they close Kong for good we'll know "it's happening".

I expect IOA to get something in 2003-05 time-frame, as they really need something new. I think from time to time, IOA is Universal greatest child , but its parents did not start making even an bigger, stronger boy from it. But I'm sure this will happen soon!

If they really built the attractions as I imagined above, USF would get another one in 2006. Screamscape says they are looking for a sort of flume ride behind BTTF.

This would mean that Universal starts building in foreseeable intervals (every 2 years or so) as they did before; and not have a break for years.

(Dont get my wrong I love UO but these are some points the people who go there and just keep an eye on the parks while off-vacation see. They see Universal doesn't get anything new for years, you know.)

So you think that US will get three new attractions before IOA gets another one...and one of those attractions is going to be a flume ride. Where they already have two at IOA?

UMMMM...

...well actually screamscape.com says the thing about the flume ride after 2006. But I would take this rumor with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure IOA gets something, too. But perhaps its not so state-of-the-art, that Bob Gault did not tell about it in the interview. I guess I'll read the interview again and then re-think my theory.

BTW, did Gault say exactly that he ment the "sucko and buffo attraction" when he told about the "spidey-like-attraction."

I know it seems to be logical that he ment the same thing, as we didnt hear anything about the reported 2003 attraction for IOA. But what if he was talking about TWO different attractions ? :smooth:

...well actually screamscape.com says the thing about the flume ride after 2006. But I would take this rumor with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure IOA gets something, too. But perhaps its not that state-of-the-art, that Bob Gault did not tell about it in the interview. I guess I'll read the interview again and then re-think my theory.

BTW, did Gault say exactly that he ment the "sucko and buffo attraction" when he told about the "spidey-like-attraction."

I know it seems to be logical that he ment the same thing, as we didnt hear anything about the reported 2003 attraction for IOA. But what if he was talking about TWO different attractions ? :smooth:

Boy I'm having trouble understanding what your saying... but I'll give it a shot.

Don't compare anything that Screamscape says and what happens becuase they are not the same.

"sucko and buffo " ????? :confused:

As far as the Spiderman Attractioin he said
We think we'll get a green light within a month for a new blockbuster attraction. It will be on the state-of-the-art level of our Spiderman ride. It'll be a thrill ride based on new technology and a completely different type of experience than Spider-Man. It'll be based on a movie you've seen before. There may be a sequel to that film franchise come out the year we open the ride

He only brought up Spiderman to show the level of Technology they were considering. Not as a comparison to something that is going to be built.

Not sure that I would look for a ride that is just as Technologically advanced as Spiderman to be built and running in a little over a year.

It will probably go in IOA, so let's leave the Mummy & Fast & Furious out of this for now.

Harry Potter? No, he said a thrill ride, Harry Potter would be a family ride.

X-Men 2? No, that comes out in 2003.

Jumanji 2? After all, it would make a great LC attraction, but the movie hasn't been green-lighted...

JP4? Most likely yes. I've read the movie is in the scripting stage and Spielberg has already confirmed it will be made saying, "You're talking to the guy who has got to decide, and at this point I've pretty much decided to do a Jurassic IV." I'm looking for a JP ride, and I don't think we have the faintest clue of what the experience will be like.

This is the point in this saga where the buzzer goes off.....

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Or is it...

You have banked nothing, you are the weakest link! :)

We all want it. It is produced by universal and I know everyone would be in on it.

BILLY MADISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!

A whole ride where you chase the penguin then after you catch teh penguin, you both go to Old man clemens house and light some bags on fire, then run away. I tell you it would be gold.

The only sequel I know of coming out would be JPIV, both Speilberg and Stan Winston have confirmed it. It's the only thing that makes sense to me as the next thing

Originally posted by Earl
This is the point in this saga where the buzzer goes off.....
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Or is it...
You have banked nothing, you are the weakest link! :)

So... are you saying it's not JP4?

Is GREEN light the clue? WHat about a 4D ride to do with SHREK?
Twinz

Originally posted by Thumper1
What about another ride based on the Green Hulk?:rolleyes:

That's not a sequel. The interview said it would be a movie we've seen and has a sequel due out the same year.

Universal is coming out with a sequel to Pitch Black.

That could be a possibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter