Secretly Plotting and PTR-ing – words from a Minnie-Come-Lately 7/7 TR STARTED!!!

Oh and DF and I love "Plesto" we were pretty bummed when it didn;t win the oscar the other night...

Hi...I'm joining in if you don't mind! Your boys are absolutely adorable!

I was guilty of the "fill every minute" philosophy on our last trip as well. This time we are going to schedule in some down time and try to enjoy the small things!:thumbsup2

The car train sounds interesting! Can't wait to hear about it!

Looking forward to reading more! :surfweb:

I think the train ride will be so much fun! I looked into that for our trip, but the rails haven't been repaired since Katrina, so in order for us to take the train we have to go from TX to DC and then transfer to another train there to get to Florida.:eek: Yeah. Not going to happen. I just thought the train sounded like a more relaxed way to travel.

Looking forward to hearing your park plans and ADRs!popcorn::

Hey!:wave2: Yes, I think it will be too... The trip starts a little early, basically! :upsidedow

I realize that I didn't actually respond to your original post, so here is that too....

1. No I don't have a Thanksgiving ressie yet... I will chat about that coming up... but it is imminent... that or Christmas, renting DVC... I'll share.

2. I am sure our paths will cross! ::yes:: Once I post mine tonight, we can compare. At the very least we are at the same resort!

3. 2 days after Memorial day is nuts for ending the school year... I am guessing at the HS level it is much less disruptive, b/c it is probably finals week and the kids dont have to come back necessarily... but for Elementary, yeah, that's nuts!

And Lastly, would you, or someone :upsidedow!, please tell me how to post "quotes" from numerous posts in one post I can't figure that out.... :confused3

Thanks!!!!

Hi...I'm joining in if you don't mind! Your boys are absolutely adorable!

I was guilty of the "fill every minute" philosophy on our last trip as well. This time we are going to schedule in some down time and try to enjoy the small things!:thumbsup2

The car train sounds interesting! Can't wait to hear about it!

Looking forward to reading more! :surfweb:

Hi! :wave2: So glad you are here! Of course you are welcome to join along... I think it is a Disney Rite of Passage, the commando tour... Ah well, a good lesson to learn!

Yeah, it sounds "interesting" to me too!!!:lmao:

More coming later....

:thumbsup2
Oh, Happydog!!! You're in big trouble!!! You started a PTR two days ago and kept mum about it!!! ;) :goodvibes

You all are so adorable and hurray for WL with bunk beds!!! I am looking forward to reading all about your planning!

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;)
Well, I am not one to draw attention to myself.... :rolleyes1

And who can compete with photos of MICKEY MOUSE EAR SUNDAES!!!??? And KING TUT?!?!???! :rotfl:

Glad you have come over! I have enjoyed your PTR, too! :thumbsup2

How to post multiple quotes:

There are three buttons in the lower right corner of every post. From left to write they are QUOTE, "+, and a quill. I don't know what the quill does.

But the "+ button is the one you push to select multiple posts to quote. Push that button on the posts you want to quote.

When you get to the last one you want to quote, you just push the QUOTE button and then the window will change to the Reply to Thread one so you can post.

If you hit "+ on all the posts you want to quote, you might get an error if you also hit QUOTE on one of those posts where you already selected "+, so then hit the REPLY button on the lower or upper left of the page.

Did I explain that well?

:thumbsup2

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;)
Well, I am not one to draw attention to myself.... :rolleyes1

And who can compete with photos of MICKEY MOUSE EAR SUNDAES!!!??? And KING TUT?!?!???! :rotfl:

Glad you have come over! I have enjoyed your PTR, too! :thumbsup2

:lmao: Yes, you can compete with MM sundaes and King Tut! As you get into it, you'll find yourself thinking -- now, this would make a great PTR update! :thumbsup2

How to post multiple quotes:

There are three buttons in the lower right corner of every post. From left to write they are QUOTE, "+, and a quill. I don't know what the quill does.

But the "+ button is the one you push to select multiple posts to quote. Push that button on the posts you want to quote.

When you get to the last one you want to quote, you just push the QUOTE button and then the window will change to the Reply to Thread one so you can post.

If you hit "+ on all the posts you want to quote, you might get an error if you also hit QUOTE on one of those posts where you already selected "+, so then hit the REPLY button on the lower or upper left of the page.

Did I explain that well?

YES! :thumbsup2 I think ...:upsidedow will try it in a bit! -- going to go be a good mother & wife now, and make dinner :rotfl:

Okay, here is what I have come up with so far for my trip plan... :thumbsup2

It was easy for me to build a tentative plan around what worked last trip, and what we want to add this time around. Last trip we were there for 7 nights, and did Epcot, DHS, and MK twice -- though the second Epcot visit was on our departure day so it wasn’t a full day. With Epcot being DS6’s favorite, we have three days there, but they are ½ days so we should have time for what we want to see and what we missed last time. Magic Kingdom and the WSC are by far my favorites, and EPCOT Futureland, DH’s so we should get something for everyone this trip, including the Resort time. Which is built in daily. We are only going to DHS once, at early EMHs so we can get in and get out in a reasonable amount of time…. this time we are doing AK two days, and of course MK for 2 days, both MK days, and the DHS day, are early EMHs, so we can beat some crowds and some heat! This brings me to my first planning question: Has anyone ever gone against the suggested days for TGM or Touring Plans, and visited a park on one of the days it was not recommended?

ADRs and What about DDP?
We did the DDP last trip. We liked it, and I think we got our money’s worth. Remember my comment about the FWF?! :) We did pay OOP for kid snacks, to save our snack credits for the FWF, but this time we will probably use a similar strategy. I’ll pay $2.50 OOP for the occasional Mickey bar, when I know I can get a $3.95 ice cream sandwich from the Mainstreet Bakery! As it stands, I am opting for the DDP, and we are paying OOP for some meals, but overall I have managed to keep everything else on the plan. We liked the deluxe, but didn’t see the dlx being cost effective for us. I still can't figure how it would be, given what we are planning for restaurants and the pirate cruise, etc. The amount OOP might be reason enough ... I have indicated which are OOP and DDP. I did do some math on this, so maybe I will need to post that specifically next time, to see if my logic makes sense. I might be missing something, but I can't see being able to justify it for the two kids and us. :confused3 That said, I am excited to try some new restaurants. Hands down our favorite meal last trip was The Wave -- can’t wait to go back. Otherwise we are trying all new choices this time, except Cali Grill. Here are the plans – I have backup second choices and third in a few cases…

Wednesday 6/17
ETA 11am
Check in to WL
Leave Bags and head to Epcot
EPCOT
QS Lunch @ WSC = Cantina de San Angel, Yakitori House
Return to WL by 4:00 and hopefully check in to room!
R & R
Dinner ADR = Le Cellier DDP
Illuminations!

Thursday 6/18
AM EMH @ MK!
DH’s 38th B-Day!
Lunch ADR = CRT @ 1pm Ressie already made OOP adults, DDP kids
Return to WL around 3:30
R & R
Boat/Monorail to Poly
Drop off Boys @ Neverland Club
Dinner ADR = Cali Grill DDP for ONE adult, OOP for second
Pick up boys – See Wishes from Poly beach or back to MK

Friday 6/19
AK
QS lunch - Yak & Yeti Market & Flame Tree BBQ
Return to WL around 3:00
R & R
Dinner ADR = Ohana’s DDP
Return to WL to watch the Boat Parade

Saturday 6/20
Leisure start to GF for Pirate Adventure Cruise
Breakfast ADR = DH and Me @ GFC OOP
We eat while Pirates cruise!
EPCOT
QS lunch - WSC = Yorkshire Fish Shop, Tangierine Cafe
Return to WL around 3:30
R & R
Dinner ADR = Chefs de France DDP
Illuminations!

Sunday 6/21
AK
LUNCH ADR = Yak & Yeti's an "extra" ADR
Return to WL around 4:00
R & R
DINNER ADR = WCC DDP
Head to FW for Campfire
Return to WL to watch the Boat Parade

Monday, 6/22
AM EMH @ DHS!
QS lunch = Beaches and Cream or DHS QS
Return to WL around 2:00
R & R
Drive to Disney Boardwalk
Pizza dinner on the Boardwalk OOP
Walk to DHS
Dessert ADR = Sci Fi OOP
Return to WL before Fantasmic crush...
Solo shopping at DTD while DH snores with the DS’s
GOOFY'S!!!

Tuesday, 6/23
AM EMH @ MK!
Brunch/Breakfast ADR = Chef Mickey’s DDP
Quick Service snack before heading back to WL = Casey's
Return to WL around 3:00
R & R
Dinner ADR = The Wave DDP/OOP for Kids
Return to MK for the last of the Magic
Spectromagic!
Wishes

Wednesday, 6/24
Check out of WL
EPCOT for a few hours
DTD walk around and QS Lunch = Wolfgang Puck Express
Head to the train station for the trip home

Sooooooooo these are the plans… I hope my scheming the past three months has been put to good use! :stir: I like that I have built in at least a 3 hr break each day. Most nights we are heading to bed by 9:30 - 10:00 … Only late nights are MK nights… But as with all things, suggestions or thoughts are appreciated! :idea: As with everything on this PTR it is subject to change!!! :lmao: But with two weeks to go, I am just trying to get it all squared away so I can make that magic phone call and hope the CM knows what she/he is doing! :scared:

Next plan is to figure out the Birthday surprise and introduce you to my binder :upsidedow

Your plan looks good. We didn't plan a single park on the same day!:sad2: Ah well. We'll probably see you hanging around the resort.

It's late and I need to head to bed. I'll probably comment more tomorrow.

The only comment I can really remember is about your AK day. If you aren't watching the parade at 3:45 you need to be strategic in your leaving. You said leave around 4. On our first trip, I left before the parade began to get something from the room while DH stayed behind with DS at the Boneyard. Then we were going to meet up at Epcot. He got caught in the parade traffic and it was a NIGHTMARE. He is pretty adamant on our upcoming trip that we be outta there before the parade for our afternoon break.

Happydog, your ADR plans look good. As far as going against TGM and Touringplans, they usually pick their best parks in part due to which parks are not having EMH in the morning or evening. We have gone against touring plans' advice a couple of times -- just be prepared for more crowds -- it probably won't bother you too much. :goodvibes

Your ADRs look great! We totally enjoyed our dinner at Sci-Fi. And how fun to have a romantic evening out with the DH! :goodvibes

Your plan looks good. We didn't plan a single park on the same day!:sad2: Ah well. We'll probably see you hanging around the resort.

It's late and I need to head to bed. I'll probably comment more tomorrow.

The only comment I can really remember is about your AK day. If you aren't watching the parade at 3:45 you need to be strategic in your leaving. You said leave around 4. On our first trip, I left before the parade began to get something from the room while DH stayed behind with DS at the Boneyard. Then we were going to meet up at Epcot. He got caught in the parade traffic and it was a NIGHTMARE. He is pretty adamant on our upcoming trip that we be outta there before the parade for our afternoon break.

Oh! Nuts!

Well, again, you are right! We will be at the resort at the same time! Maybe we can meet up at the resort? I would enjoy that! ;)

I was up pretty late last night, typing all that out.

So much depends on if we will be able to get the ADRs we want... I am a little nervous about that... :scared: Your comment about AK is a good one and I will put it into my spreadsheet -- which I have been crafting :)

Uhhhhhhhh.....

NO. No DlxDDP. Sorry! :upsidedow

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

CP, you have been known to make changes to your countdown ticker...

SO...;)

:cheer2: :cheer2:
LOOK! MY first "multi-quote" post!! :rotfl2:

Happydog, your ADR plans look good. As far as going against TGM and Touringplans, they usually pick their best parks in part due to which parks are not having EMH in the morning or evening. We have gone against touring plans' advice a couple of times -- just be prepared for more crowds -- it probably won't bother you too much. :goodvibes

Okay, I am going to be a "believer" here... okay okay... I figure the am hours will be busy, but we'll get out of there just as the reinforcements start to arrive. At least that is the "subject to change if it looks like rain" plan, plan... :laughing: And thank you for the ADR voice of confidence... I think the ADRs will work. I doubt very much (after everything we have read) That we will get Le Cellier.... you know, we have been to your beloved AK... Ate at Boma, and loved it. Did you end up making reservations at the new place, is it in Kidani Village? I remember you mentioning this on your PTR... :)

Ohh your plans look great so far.:goodvibes
Gee, Thanks! Lets hope it comes off without a hitch...

Your ADRs look great! We totally enjoyed our dinner at Sci-Fi. And how fun to have a romantic evening out with the DH! :goodvibes

Yeah, I hope so. We almost made it to Sci-Fi in Nov. We were so wiped out, we ended up just going to hang on the boardwalk instead. What I did this time is make a plan to have dessert. After the boardwalk -- we'll walk back to the park. I think it will work... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter