Secret Green Club - whatever number thread

Well, back to work from my week of mini vacations. We had a good time at dinner at the Black Fire Brazilian steakhouse, though the food was only so-so, and at $40 per person, not including your drink, we won't likely be back there. Still, it was fun to experience it, and enjoyed seeing my nephew and his girlfriend while they were here.

Friday was not a fun day, our dog Lucky, who we had for going on 10 years, and who was 13 years, had been declining very badly, late summer he started sneezing all the time with bloody nasal discharge, then in September he suddenly went blind over less than a week. Vet said they thought the blindness was glaucoma and the sneezing was related to needing his teeth cleaned, so we had that scheduled for the end of September, which they did, but when they cleaned them the vet who did that said she thought that he had a tumor behind his sinuses which was causing the bleeding. But also they discovered that he had a block in his heart causing ridiculously low heart rate. So we gave him until last Friday, but the bleeding was getting worse, and he literally slept 22-23 hours a day, as he had no energy, so we took him back on Friday, and the vet agreed that it was time to let him go, we had them put him to sleep that morning. Needless to say we were (and largely still are) very sad, he was my children's childhood pet, Katie was 5 when we got him and she's 15 now. It was just heartbreaking, but really nothing else could be done, and I just couldn't live with letting him suffer.

So Friday night we drove up to Orlando and stayed with my family till Monday, which was great, as it got our minds off our sadness for awhile. We took my mom to Animal Kingdom for the first time on Saturday, did the safari and the Lion King show, which were wonderful. Then Sunday and again Monday we hit Epcot for Food & Wine.

OH and i forgot to add, I'm so sad to hear about Lucky :( i know how hard it is to let go of our loved furry babies. I've been thinking about you all since i saw the sad news. Hugs

OH and i forgot to add, I'm so sad to hear about Lucky :( i know how hard it is to let go of our loved furry babies. I've been thinking about you all since i saw the sad news. Hugs
Thanks, its been a tough transition. Our cat passed in September, which was heartbreaking enough, and we'd only had him 3 years, but Lucky, he was a whole other level for all of us.

How awesome is that! Congrats. Which FP did you book?
Well since John equates Disney with Soarin and Sunday Jan 3rd is the last day .. darn tooting that was my 1st selection. Then we all know that every other one in EPCOT is basically a toss .. i don't even remember :P For our 1 MK day I've picked HM, Thunder Mountain & Pirates. All 3 of those are *must dos* And for our final day in EPCOT Test Track and again i forget the other two :P
Gonna be there for a week but with the stupid exchange just 3 day base tickets set us back almost $800.00!!! The plan is a very low key trip full of lots of "Disney Transit Roulette" Go to whatever stop and get on the next bus/boat/monorail and go wherever it's headed! Lots of resort wandering and tons of sitting doing NADA

Well since John equates Disney with Soarin and Sunday Jan 3rd is the last day .. darn tooting that was my 1st selection. Then we all know that every other one in EPCOT is basically a toss .. i don't even remember :P For our 1 MK day I've picked HM, Thunder Mountain & Pirates. All 3 of those are *must dos* And for our final day in EPCOT Test Track and again i forget the other two :P
Gonna be there for a week but with the stupid exchange just 3 day base tickets set us back almost $800.00!!! The plan is a very low key trip full of lots of "Disney Transit Roulette" Go to whatever stop and get on the next bus/boat/monorail and go wherever it's headed! Lots of resort wandering and tons of sitting doing NADA
I think that sounds like a great plan. I keep telling David that we need to do a resort only stay, just go to all the different resorts, have a drink or eat and wander around, ride the monorail, just relax and enjoy, but he always want s to do EPCOT...

I started my new job last week and I am hoping that I have more time for the DIS but the one ad thing is they block facebook. :(
How rude!! I'm recovering from hand surgery that's left me with 3 open incisions on my hand so ... i can see but not interact much. how's the job other than that?

Oh and they block all gossip sites, and youtube. Ughhh.

Other than that the new job is going very well.

Hope your recovery is going well, what kind of hand surgery did you have?

Good Morning everyone.

We might get sunshine today, not sure how well I am adjusted for that kind of shock, and 30 degrees warmer.

OH-EM-GEE! There are actually other people out there who still use the boards???

I'm still on and very active, safely on the other side of the border in the Canadian Forum :rotfl2:

I think i stumbled on this amazing group just as we were starting to think about a trip for our 25th anniversary. Right now? Almost at my 60 day mark for the trip to celebrate our 35th!!

OH-EM-GEE! There are actually other people out there who still use the boards???

I'm still on and very active, safely on the other side of the border in the Canadian Forum :rotfl2:

I think i stumbled on this amazing group just as we were starting to think about a trip for our 25th anniversary. Right now? Almost at my 60 day mark for the trip to celebrate our 35th!!
Hi Jacqueline! I haven't been on in so very long! We are going back in December, for about a week and that is what made me come back to the boards to check things out a bit. We went for our 35th in April! Hope you are all doing well!
Good afternoon...
Good afternoon...
Good afternoon...
How are you? I'm assuming you and your husband are getting ready to do a great activity to honor Veterans on Monday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter