Second star to the right and straight on til morning *TR Started*

Hi! Just found this report today and I loved reading all the planned details of your trip. I hope this isn't repeating a question...but do you mind sharing what apps you are using to help earn the money for your trip? I use swagbucks but I would love to learn about others! TIA
:welcome: Thanks for reading. No problem, I don't think its been asked. I really only do Swagbucks as it seems to be the most lucrative but other good ones I have used are Ibotta, perk/perk tv, and field agent. HTH

I did this on some trips before we had Izzy. Just brought a gallon sized ziplock full of cereal and milk can be easily obtained at the resorts. I don't remember where I got the bowl and spoon? Maybe brought some disposable ones? Worked great, though.
That's exactly what we are planning to do and then I am going to buy those take and toss bowls which we can either decide to keep or toss if we need the room.

Izzy really loved playing in the real cars inside the showroom. :car:
I know they'll love it that's the problem :sad2:. Did you have a hard time leaving with Izzie? Who knows maybe James will just be excited to move onto to a ride next and he'll do fine.

Thank you for this reminder! I'll be in DHS enough that I should look into doing this - maybe when Dug's seeing all his package shows. :scratchin
I am not sure they do this during SWW days :guilty:

That sounds like a really fun evening! I hope they do well for Fantasmic - I have heard the dinner package seats are really good, but not sure what the exit situation is like.
Thanks, I am pretty excited to see it. I think Connor and James will be fine and if I can get the baby to sleep it should be a non-issue.

I'm sorry on both counts! :sad2:
Thanks, at least I'm sick before Disney and not during.

I am really glad that Izzy is young enough to (hopefully) not mind us skipping the Baymax/Hiro meet. She has seen the movie (twice) and enjoyed it, but I can't imagine waiting that long for a meet. I hope you can find something to keep your guys entertained. Maybe coloring or a new toy? Or having them help you write up a trip journal so far with their favorite memories and such? Just brainstorming...
A new toy is a great idea, thanks:worship:. I need to make another trip to the dollar store anyway.

Cute clothes/costume, by the way! :thumbsup2
Thanks

Love the outfits! That nemo one is adorable! Glad that the boys get a day to join the dress up fun. ANd then you have it for home play as well.

I know they'll love it that's the problem :sad2:. Did you have a hard time leaving with Izzie? Who knows maybe James will just be excited to move onto to a ride next and he'll do fine.
I don't think we had trouble, but she was only 14 months back then and pretty cooperative. The nice thing at WDW, though, is that you are almost always leaving to go to something else they will like, so we used that to our advantage a lot - just telling her what we were doing next.

I am not sure they do this during SWW days :guilty:
Oh, really? Oh, well, I'm sure we'll have plenty of other character meets anyway.

Thanks, at least I'm sick before Disney and not during.
I was just thinking this earlier, as both Dug and Izzy are sick right now (sore throats, colds). Feel better! :goodvibes

Love the outfits! That nemo one is adorable! Glad that the boys get a day to join the dress up fun. ANd then you have it for home play as well.
Thanks, that darn Disney store is trouble. I went on to get a picture of the Nemo outfit and they have about 10 more I wanted but, I did restrain myself.

I was just thinking this earlier, as both Dug and Izzy are sick right now (sore throats, colds). Feel better! :goodvibes
I am sorry they are sick. Hope they feel better soon.

19 days until Disney!! Disney's 19th animated movie, The Sword and the Stone.

I am so glad I have detailed our finalized plan. One thing became very clear to me as I once again typed about getting up super early; its TOO much :sad2:. I have been viewing these days independent of each other and not seeing the whole picture. These are 7 consecutive days of waking up earlier than normal and getting to sleep later is going to be rough for the two little ones, even with midday breaks. I know Joe, Connor, and I will be okay because we can always take a nap to get some extra sleep but, the little ones always take naps so that won't be any different for them. For this reason, at less than 3 weeks out, I have once again switched things up. I really think it is important to build in a more relaxing day. It was hard to finagle because ADRs are set and I don't want to spend the next three weeks hunting down what I would need. Here are the changes:

May 11, Day 3 Hollywood Studios/Epcot

We will be keeping our Kona ADR at 7:30 and hopefully make it to HS close to opening time. The first thing we want to do is meet Woody and Buzz so we don't need to be at the front of the pack. Then we will ride RnR with riderswap and then line up to meet Baymax. If we line up before 10, I am hopeful that we can be one of the first families to meet them. We will then to Disney Junior, RnR, and ToT with our FPs. I would like to be out of DHS by 12 for our break. We'll head back to DHS at 4 for our last FP for the frozen sing-a-long and then head to Epcot for dinner at the food booths and Illuminations.

May 12, Day 4 Epcot/Hollywood Studios
This day is pretty much unchanged. We won't have to be at DHS as early this day since I moved Disney Junior to day 3. This will give us a longer break.

May 13, Day 5 "rest" day

As you can see, I had to cut JTA out of our DHS morning. This is still a top priority for Connor and I don't want to deal with the madness of this during SWW. We also have a lunch ADR here that I don't want to have to change so the day will not be completely restful especially for me. Connor and I will wake up at the usual time to head to DHS for EMH. We are literally going to go just to sign him up for JTA. Since this day is pretty open there are a lot more times that would work for us but we still would like the 11:50 show. After we sign up, we might try to get on TSMM and then head out back to the hotel. I had to cut out Animal Kingdom which, I am sad about but it just doesn't work for us this trip. Unfortuntely, I still made the shirts so the boys will be wearing them ::yes::. The whole family will head to DHS for our Disney Junior lunch and JTA. This is the day that I won't have advanced Fp until I am able to add a day to our tickets upon arrival. I will try and get FPs for at least TSMM but if I can't we are fine just doing lunch and JTA. We'll do DTD this night and have a early night to bed. This day now will allow the two little ones to sleep on their normal schedule and probably be much need at this point in our trip.

Now that all that business is out of the way, I will move on to our day 6 plans.

May 14, Day 6 Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom has EMH this morning. We will have another early morning but, everyone should be good to go after an early night. I will probably feed the boys their cereal even though we have breakfast planned but not until later in the day.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rt1Fa8]
I definitely want to be here for the :welcome:show. This is one of my favorite things and is sure to make me tear up:sad:, I may have the good morning song as my alarm :rolleyes1. We will do Fantasyland this morning. Stopping for a break at BOG for breakfast at 9:45. I read that you can split meals so, we will probably split two entrees and the pastry plate. It will be more of a mid morning snack. We will also do the TTA and have a FP for Buzz and then head out by 11. We won't have too long of a break because we need to be back by 2:30 for the FoF parade. We will probably get our much anticipated Dole whips to enjoy during the parade which we have a FP for. After the parade, we will try and do a M&G with Peter Pan before we head out for our dinner ADR at Ohana. I am hoping we won't have to long of a wait since our ADR is at 5. This is the meal I am most looking forward to especially now that they put chicken back on the menu. After dinner, the boys will get another early night. I am hoping to go back to the Magic Kingdom for some solo time. I know Joe will be fine with the boys but I also know that I will feel extremely guilty leaving them to enjoy the park without them.

If I can get over my guilt to go to the park, I am not sure what I will do:confused3. I know I want to do HM if Connor has chickened out on Mother's Day and CoP because I think this beyond what the boys can do right now. I will also probably to TTA just to relax and take in the atmosphere. I know I definitely want to watch Wishes from Fantasyland and maybe if I can I will get on a rollercoaster or two. Besides Wishes, my other solo must do is see the Kiss Goodnight. The park closes at 11 so hopefully I can last until then. Any idea for solo park touring are welcome :listen:.
[/url]

I went through and quoted a bunch of your plans and then I saw the last post that basically said you're re-arranging things, so I'll just touch on a few main points.

First of all, with your cereal packing plans, I'm always opposed to hauling more crap on the plane than absolutely necessary. I just wanted to mention that you could swing by one of the Hess Stations on property and grab stuff for breakfast without leaving property or paying Garden Grocer prices. We hit the one right outside the DHS entrance one evening on our way back to the resort and it didn't take 5 minutes for DW to run in and grab what we needed.

As for you plans changing... I understand why you're doing it. I hope that it isn't as difficult as you think it will be. I really hope you get there and the boys handle things better than you expected. I know our kids have always seemed to handle Disney a little bit better than other similar things, so I hope that you find this to be the case with your kids and you can handle the early mornings and late nights a little bit easier than it looks like you'll be able to.

This should be a lot of fun. There's no guilt at all. Just go and enjoy yourself. I know I can't resist an opportunity to go to the park for a couple of hours on my own. My biggest advice for solo park touring is just go and do what feels right. Don't over plan it. Just show up at the park and do whatever it is you want to do at that particular moment. You don't have to take anyone else into consideration. Want to sit with a Dole Whip and people watch for a while? Do it! Want to ride TTA 5 times in a row? Nobody's stopping you. You're by yourself at night. Lines will be what they are. Of course, certain attractions will have waits. FP+ may or may not be an option (I'd grab the boys' bands before heading to the park if I were you just in case they might be helpful), but just go with what feels right at the time and enjoy yourself!

I went through and quoted a bunch of your plans and then I saw the last post that basically said you're re-arranging things, so I'll just touch on a few main points.
:blush: sorry, I swear I'm usually not this indecisive.

First of all, with your cereal packing plans, I'm always opposed to hauling more crap on the plane than absolutely necessary. I just wanted to mention that you could swing by one of the Hess Stations on property and grab stuff for breakfast without leaving property or paying Garden Grocer prices. We hit the one right outside the DHS entrance one evening on our way back to the resort and it didn't take 5 minutes for DW to run in and grab what we needed.
I was only planning on packing three suitcases so I think it will be okay. You have given me a great idea though. I was planning on picking up a few things at the food court that won't travel well but, the Hess station is a way better idea. There is one in the MK parking lot right? We could stop there on the way out the first night.

As for you plans changing... I understand why you're doing it. I hope that it isn't as difficult as you think it will be. I really hope you get there and the boys handle things better than you expected. I know our kids have always seemed to handle Disney a little bit better than other similar things, so I hope that you find this to be the case with your kids and you can handle the early mornings and late nights a little bit easier than it looks like you'll be able to.
I don't know maybe I am over thinking this :confused3. I am just trying to put myself in their shoes. I know I will be beat after this and then to put that on a 10 month old and 2 1/2 year old seems like a lot. I know James did amazingly well last time so I am hoping you are right and they all have a great time, this is for them after all right :rolleyes1. Okay, a little for me too :blush:.

This should be a lot of fun. There's no guilt at all. Just go and enjoy yourself. I know I can't resist an opportunity to go to the park for a couple of hours on my own. My biggest advice for solo park touring is just go and do what feels right. Don't over plan it. Just show up at the park and do whatever it is you want to do at that particular moment. You don't have to take anyone else into consideration. Want to sit with a Dole Whip and people watch for a while? Do it! Want to ride TTA 5 times in a row? Nobody's stopping you. You're by yourself at night. Lines will be what they are. Of course, certain attractions will have waits. FP+ may or may not be an option (I'd grab the boys' bands before heading to the park if I were you just in case they might be helpful), but just go with what feels right at the time and enjoy yourself!
Thanks, I am actually really excited to have no plans and just wander. I love people watching so I think this could be fun. I honestly could care less about riding a single thing, well TTA is a must, but everything I else is fine. I just want to be able to take it all in you know? It is so hard to do that when you are rushing from one thing to the next and pushing a stroller and hoping you don't loose a kid :rotfl2:. Thanks for easing my mind. I feel a little bad about ditching everyone on a family vacation to explore by myself but, I think somehow, I will find the strength to power through :rotfl:.

18 days until Disney!! 18 towers on Cinderella's castle

So my husband claims to not be excited about our trip. It is super frustrating, as I'm sure you guys can understand, because I want to talk about our plans and he has no interest. I know based on his reactions when we went last time that he does secretly enjoy WDW but doesn't show it. Here's a conversations we had two days ago that's shows me at least how much he actually really does like WDW:

Me: I think we are going to have to cut AK out of our plans this time.

Joe: What?! I really like that park.

Me: Since, when?

Joe: Well, it was one of my favorites. First, MK. Then DHS, then AK. Oh wait, I really like Epcot too.

Me: Well, they can't all be your favorite.

Joe: Ok, fine we can skip AK.

:rotfl2: he likes them all so much he doesn't want to miss out going to one :bitelip:. See, he secretly love Disney as much as I do. Okay, maybe not as much as I do but still.

Day 6 Plans- SWW

This is the day, I think, everyone but me is most looking forward too. I am super stressed out by this day because there is so much I can't plan for. Everyone will have to be up earlier this morning so we can be to the park by 7am. The boys Tinkerbell gifts go along with the theme. Star wars candy and a slinky and yoyo for trading with the Jawas at breakfast.

For our outfits, we each chose a side. Dark side:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rXzeZB]
Me

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ri2fAU]
Connor

[url=https://flic.kr/p/scJsBq]
James

Rebel side

[url=https://flic.kr/p/seYzSn]
Nicholas

[url=https://flic.kr/p/scJsEb]
Joe
[/url][/url][/url][/url]​
[url=https://flic.kr/p/ri2fAU][url=https://flic.kr/p/scJsBq][url=https://flic.kr/p/seYzSn][url=https://flic.kr/p/scJsEb]
They should be letting people in by 7:30 and have the Storm trooper pre-show at 7:45. Along with it seems every DISer going to the first day, we will go to the Chewbacca M&G. This is my number one meet priority and we have an hour to get it done which is doable. Ultimately, I would like to be done early so we can check in early for our breakfast and it will give me a chance to nurse the baby. Our breakfast is at Sci-fi for the galactic dine-in breakfast. We will get to meet Darth Vader and Boba Fett. This is the thing Connor and James are most excited about. I can't wait to see how they react. I will have to race through breakfast to get out to Min & Bill's to check in for the premium package. I booked this breakfast on the assumption that the motorcade would be at 11:30 like last year. Of course, it is at 11 this year and too late for me to get a new ADR. I check periodically for an earlier time but I am not very hopeful I will find one. Anyways, if I check in at 10 I am hoping I can at least get a second row view of the motorcade because I know other people will be lining up at 9:30 to check in. The thing that is frustrating is that if you are lining up at 9:30 to get a spot for the parade it would have been cheaper i.e. free to do the same thing for a normal parade spot :confused3. It kind of makes the thing useless but whatever. I will also try and get a spot for Connor and Joe to watch the behind the force:Star Wars rebels show. The PP included one show but it is a first come first served basis on what you get. I think the Stars of the Saga is what everyone will be going for so it should be easy to get this show. We will watch the motorcade from the PP spot with ice cream treats and drinks.

After the motorcade, James, Nicholas, and I will leave. Joe and Connor will probably try to meet some characters and get lunch at some point. The show will be 1:45 for them. Meanwhile, I will head back to the room CBR for lunch and a nap. I will also be packing up for our departure the next day :guilty:. I considered doing some laundry but, I honestly don't want to do laundry on vacation and would rather just deal with it when we get home. Depending on the boys mood and their nap will depend on if when we go back to DHS. I have FPs for us all to see the Stars of the Saga show. I think this will be really boring for the boys save for the Stormtooper pre-show. I really want to do this because the celebrity guest our weekend is Ian McDiarmid, Emperor Palpatine , which would be pretty cool. The FP is for 2:50 and I don't really care about getting the best seats so we will show up as late as possible if we even go.

After the show, we will go somewhere to get an early dinner. I was thinking Backlot Express but right now it looks like that is going to be a new Star Wars dining experience there. No one knows if it will be a walk up, ADR, CS, TS, or lounge :confused:. If it is taking ADRs I will try to get one for this time but, if not we will just eat at a different cs place. After dinner, I want to go to Darth's Mall for some shopping and then meet any characters we can from 5-7. We have FP for ToT & Star Tours. We should have a little break after the rides where I will use the baby care center to feed Nicholas and get him to sleep. I read reports of cm not allowing strollers into the dessert party area. There are also no seats which is going to make it almost impossible to enjoy if I am standing for an hour holding a baby, I won't be able to eat or drink anything. I am hoping they will take pity on me if I have a sleeping baby in the stroller and allow it in. The dessert part looks like a lot of fun with a dj, yummy star wars treats, and drinks. I am anxious to finally see some fireworks at DHS and even better without the hat obstruction. Symphony in the Stars will wrap our last full day at Disney.
[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]

:rotfl2: he likes them all so much he doesn't want to miss out going to one :bitelip:. See, he secretly love Disney as much as I do. Okay, maybe not as much as I do but still.
Baby steps. Just like I've had to do with DW, gotta slowly get them there.

Our breakfast is at Sci-fi for the galactic dine-in breakfast. We will get to meet Darth Vader and Boba Fett.
That just looks like it would be a LOT of fun!!!!

I know other people will be lining up at 9:30 to check in. The thing that is frustrating is that if you are lining up at 9:30 to get a spot for the parade it would have been cheaper i.e. free to do the same thing for a normal parade spot :confused3.
::yes:: Pretty much. And this factor does frustrate me with a lot of the "value added" things Disney offers.

"You can pay extra for a reserved spot, but if you want a prime reserved spot, you still have to be here an hour early. So for $50, we'll save you about 15 minutes."

And we still line up to give them our money. I'm as guilty as the next guy. :sad2:

Depending on the boys mood and their nap will depend on if when we go back to DHS. I have FPs for us all to see the Stars of the Saga show. I think this will be really boring for the boys save for the Stormtooper pre-show. I really want to do this because the celebrity guest our weekend is Ian McDiarmid, Emperor Palpatine , which would be pretty cool. The FP is for 2:50 and I don't really care about getting the best seats so we will show up as late as possible if we even go.
I don't blame you at all for not wanting to do laundry. Especially having to haul it to the laundry facilities with the 2 younger boys in tow. No thanks.

I hope they nap and you're able to go back for an evening at DHS. That show looks like it will be fun to see, so I hope it works out for you!

I read reports of cm not allowing strollers into the dessert party area. There are also no seats which is going to make it almost impossible to enjoy if I am standing for an hour holding a baby, I won't be able to eat or drink anything. I am hoping they will take pity on me if I have a sleeping baby in the stroller and allow it in.
Oh yuck. I can understand them doing that as a way to save space, but that certainly isn't consumer friendly for any of the parents. Absolutely brutal. I hope this isn't the case and you'll be able to take the stroller in.

Baby steps. Just like I've had to do with DW, gotta slowly get them there.
Definitely, based on his demeanor before I never thought I would get him there but once he actually went everything changed. pixiedust:Disney magic!

That just looks like it would be a LOT of fun!!!!
I think it will be. I can't wait for this one.

::yes:: Pretty much. And this factor does frustrate me with a lot of the "value added" things Disney offers.

"You can pay extra for a reserved spot, but if you want a prime reserved spot, you still have to be here an hour early. So for $50, we'll save you about 15 minutes."

And we still line up to give them our money. I'm as guilty as the next guy. :sad2:
Ugh I know! I have no intention of lining up at 9:30 and if everyone would just do that it wouldn't be too bad. Where I really see the value is in the dessert party. I mean compared to the new Wishes its about 15 more I think and you get alcohol but again value is lost if I can't even get in with the baby in the stroller :sad2:.

I don't blame you at all for not wanting to do laundry. Especially having to haul it to the laundry facilities with the 2 younger boys in tow. No thanks.
Yeah, I would be more inclined to do it if I had Joe there to watch the boys but this is a perfect excuse to have it wait until we get home.

I hope they nap and you're able to go back for an evening at DHS. That show looks like it will be fun to see, so I hope it works out for you!
I would really hate to miss this one so I am hoping it works out too.

Oh yuck. I can understand them doing that as a way to save space, but that certainly isn't consumer friendly for any of the parents. Absolutely brutal. I hope this isn't the case and you'll be able to take the stroller in.
Yeah, me too. I just don't see how we can juggle holing the baby, and desserts and drinks for the four of us if we can't have the stroller. Unfortunately, there is no way to know beforehand because this is the first night and there will be no previous reports to go off of.

Yeah, me too. I just don't see how we can juggle holing the baby, and desserts and drinks for the four of us if we can't have the stroller. Unfortunately, there is no way to know beforehand because this is the first night and there will be no previous reports to go off of.
Yuck. That stinks. Do you have a baby carrier you could take to use if you had to?

I'm guessing that they probably don't work for you and the baby though since you haven't mentioned it as an alternative.

17 days until Disney! 17 Cherry Tree Lane from Mary Poppins

I woke up to snow today :mad:. I can't wait to get out of this cold tundra :cold:. This is my last daily post for our upcoming trip. I don;t know what I am going to do for the next 17 days :sad2:. I made a list of chores to do to keep myself busy and distracted but we'll see how well that works.

Day 7- Departure Day:sad1:

This is the one day that really hasn't changed since the beginning. We will sleep in and then pack all our stuff into the car and then head over to Chef Mickey's for our 10am ADR. Shirts this day will be Frozen theme for the boys as well as the Tinkerbell gifts.

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/s91kg5']

We all really liked this buffet last year. It has an amazingly large spread and everything we had was fresh and delicious. We decided this would be out last meal every trip as a way to say goodbye to Mickey. I am not sure how the rest of the day will go. If we can't get the baby to sleep in the stroller, I foresee some cranky moments. We don't have any plans at MK except for our FPs and BOG which look like this:

We should be out of MK by 2:30 at latest which will give us 3 hours to make our flight. Is it weird this is making me sad and it hasn't even happened yet? I just don't wanna leave :sad:. And that's all folks. Now we'll see if everything goes according to plan :rotfl2:[/url]

Last edited:
Yuck. That stinks. Do you have a baby carrier you could take to use if you had to?

I'm guessing that they probably don't work for you and the baby though since you haven't mentioned it as an alternative.
I don't know we have a moby wrap and mei tei carrier. Nicholas hated them both as an infant and I don't even know if you can use them with an older baby do you have one you suggest? I know the baby bjorn would probably work better for him but I am having a hard time with justifying the cost to use it for one evening.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

We all really liked this buffet last year. It has an amazingly large spread and everything we had was fresh and delicious. We decided this would be out last meal every trip as a way to say goodbye to Mickey.
Great idea! :thumbsup2 :rotfl: It is a good buffet and a fun way to see the characters. I don't know that it will be an every trip thing for us once the kids get older, but for now it definitely is!

We should be out of MK by 2:30 at latest which will give us 3 hours to make our flight. Is it weird this is making me sad and it hasn't even happened yet? I just don't wanna leave :sad:.
Not weird at all. I feel your pain. I get that way leading up to the trip. In the same way that we excitedly count down to "single digits" before the trip, I always get that sinking feeling when I reach those milestone points before the last day of the trip.

Of course it will!!!! :rolleyes1

I don't know we have a moby wrap and mei tei carrier. Nicholas hated them both as an infant and I don't even know if you can use them with an older baby do you have one you suggest? I know the baby bjorn would probably work better for him but I am having a hard time with justifying the cost to use it for one evening.
I really don't have any good suggestions. DW had a sling type carrier that she used for DD, but I don't recall what it was called. It worked well for her, but then again, it was probably only used up until DD was about 9 months old. She coached volleyball and cheerleading at a high school and would take DD to practice and wear her in the sling while she was there.

So apparently I've missed a few posts.:confused3

I have been viewing these days independent of each other and not seeing the whole picture.
I had that problem before posting my first round of plans.

I really think it is important to build in a more relaxing day.
Yeah DH and I discovered that on our Adult only trip in 2013.

We won't have to be at DHS as early this day since I moved Disney Junior to day 3. This will give us a longer break.
Longer breaks are always good.

I had to cut out Animal Kingdom
Bummer. We almost had to do that early on.

Unfortuntely, I still made the shirts so the boys will be wearing them ::yes::.
:rotfl: Hey it works!

May 14, Day 6 Magic Kingdom
Our plans still match for this day I see.

Love the shirts!
I definitely want to be here for the :welcome:show.
We will have to have a round of I Spy because its our goal as well.

We will probably get our much anticipated Dole whips to enjoy during the parade which we have a FP for.
That Just might be our plan as well. Excited we get to Dismeet at the Parade FP! :thumbsup2

I will also probably to TTA just to relax and take in the atmosphere. I know I definitely want to watch Wishes from Fantasyland and maybe if I can I will get on a rollercoaster or two. Besides Wishes, my other solo must do is see the Kiss Goodnight. The park closes at 11 so hopefully I can last until then.
SOunds like some great solo time.

So my husband claims to not be excited about our trip. It is super frustrating, as I'm sure you guys can understand, because I want to talk about our plans and he has no interest. I know based on his reactions when we went last time that he does secretly enjoy WDW but doesn't show it.
:rotfl:
he likes them all so much he doesn't want to miss out going to one :bitelip:. See, he secretly love Disney as much as I do. Okay, maybe not as much as I do but still.
::yes::
I woke up to snow today :mad:.
:crazy2: Yuck! So glad we aren't dealing with that!!!
I can't wait to get out of this cold tundra :cold:.
I don't blame you!
Is it weird this is making me sad and it hasn't even happened yet? I just don't wanna leave :sad:. And that's all folks. Now we'll see if everything goes according to plan :rotfl2:
Nope I feel the same way about my departure day.

I have been viewing these days independent of each other and not seeing the whole picture.
That's what I find really valuable about doing these posts - it somehow highlights things that you don't see otherwise. I've noticed some of the same issues in my plans too. Glad you were able to revise without too much trouble.

I had to cut out Animal Kingdom which, I am sad about but it just doesn't work for us this trip.
That's a bummer to cut something out, but I understand. We were going to skip it entirely this time too, but I finally managed to work a short morning into the plans to hit the highlights. If one park has to go, though, that's the one (at least for a SWW trip).

I definitely want to be here for the :welcome:show. This is one of my favorite things and is sure to make me tear up:sad:
I really miss the welcome show. I haven't seen it since before Izzy was born. And we won't this time either. :sad1: Whenever she actually does see it, I'm sure I'll be :sad: too. And I LOVE that your alarm is that Good Morning song! :thumbsup2

I am hoping to go back to the Magic Kingdom for some solo time. I know Joe will be fine with the boys but I also know that I will feel extremely guilty leaving them to enjoy the park without them.
Don't feel guilty! Mom needs time to recharge and refresh. They'll just be sleeping anyway. And it's not like you're going to ride all of their favorites or something (well, unless the TTA is their favorite :confused3). I think this will be valuable time for you - I know it will be for me and I only have one kid - I'd really need that non-worrying time with three! :faint:

If I can get over my guilt to go to the park, I am not sure what I will do:confused3. I know I want to do HM if Connor has chickened out on Mother's Day and CoP because I think this beyond what the boys can do right now. I will also probably to TTA just to relax and take in the atmosphere. I know I definitely want to watch Wishes from Fantasyland and maybe if I can I will get on a rollercoaster or two. Besides Wishes, my other solo must do is see the Kiss Goodnight. The park closes at 11 so hopefully I can last until then. Any idea for solo park touring are welcome :listen:.
I think this sounds wonderful! I cannot wait to have some solo time myself to just wander and do whatever I please! ::yes::

See, he secretly love Disney as much as I do.
:cool1: Keep it up!

They should be letting people in by 7:30 and have the Storm trooper pre-show at 7:45. Along with it seems every DISer going to the first day, we will go to the Chewbacca M&G.
See you there! :wave2:

I read reports of cm not allowing strollers into the dessert party area. There are also no seats which is going to make it almost impossible to enjoy if I am standing for an hour holding a baby, I won't be able to eat or drink anything. I am hoping they will take pity on me if I have a sleeping baby in the stroller and allow it in.
For what it's worth, I did the Frozen Premium Package in August and they asked us to park strollers as we came into the dessert party area. However, as the time went on, I saw multiple families with strollers at their tables and sleepy children in them. I don't think they were unreasonable about it. So, hopefully that is the case and you'll be fine. Otherwise, throw in a carrier as a back-up, I guess. I have brought my Ergo to WDW before, but I just didn't use it a lot, so leaving it home this time (otherwise, you could borrow it).

I don;t know what I am going to do for the next 17 days :sad2:. I made a list of chores to do to keep myself busy and distracted but we'll see how well that works.
I think I'm the weird one on the DIS. It seems like everyone else has everything all together and is bored and I'm like, "Wait?! I have so much to do! This trip is coming up too soon!" :scared: Every time. :sad2: It will be here before you know it, though!

Great idea! :thumbsup2 :rotfl: It is a good buffet and a fun way to see the characters. I don't know that it will be an every trip thing for us once the kids get older, but for now it definitely is!
I think I just like the idea of having a tradition while we are there. Not sure if we will continue it forever but it is fun for now.

Not weird at all. I feel your pain. I get that way leading up to the trip. In the same way that we excitedly count down to "single digits" before the trip, I always get that sinking feeling when I reach those milestone points before the last day of the trip.
Its so hard because we spend so much time planning and it all goes by in the blink of an eye.

Of course it will!!!! :rolleyes1
No plan every goes astray at Disney :rotfl:

I really don't have any good suggestions. DW had a sling type carrier that she used for DD, but I don't recall what it was called. It worked well for her, but then again, it was probably only used up until DD was about 9 months old. She coached volleyball and cheerleading at a high school and would take DD to practice and wear her in the sling while she was there.
Thanks to your helpful suggestion I did some research and found a cheaper version. Not the best quality but should do the job for this event and maybe some other things at Disney. Thanks!

Longer breaks are always good.
Ain't that the truth. I want to make sure we have a couple of days to do a nap and a swim so we need the longer breaks.

Bummer. We almost had to do that early on.
I'm really sad about. Trying to find some way to get over there for just a little bit. I just hates missing it.

Our plans still match for this day I see.
Yup

Love the shirts!
Thanks, these are the ones I am most proud of.

We will have to have a round of I Spy because its our goal as well.
Yes! I'll be on the look out.

That Just might be our plan as well. Excited we get to Dismeet at the Parade FP! :thumbsup2
Me too, can't wait!

SOunds like some great solo time.
I am really excited about it.

:crazy2: Yuck! So glad we aren't dealing with that!!!
Its the worst, I mean it almost May for goodness sake.

Nope I feel the same way about my departure day.
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

That's what I find really valuable about doing these posts - it somehow highlights things that you don't see otherwise. I've noticed some of the same issues in my plans too. Glad you were able to revise without too much trouble.
Yeah, it has been so helpful. And, its all thanks to getting the idea to do this from you.

That's a bummer to cut something out, but I understand. We were going to skip it entirely this time too, but I finally managed to work a short morning into the plans to hit the highlights. If one park has to go, though, that's the one (at least for a SWW trip).
I know it really pains me but I would rather skip out on it to keep from wearing the boys out.

I really miss the welcome show. I haven't seen it since before Izzy was born. And we won't this time either. :sad1: Whenever she actually does see it, I'm sure I'll be :sad: too. And I LOVE that your alarm is that Good Morning song! :thumbsup2
It is a really great way to wake up in the morning

Don't feel guilty! Mom needs time to recharge and refresh. They'll just be sleeping anyway. And it's not like you're going to ride all of their favorites or something (well, unless the TTA is their favorite :confused3). I think this will be valuable time for you - I know it will be for me and I only have one kid - I'd really need that non-worrying time with three! :faint:
Oh you are so right. It is hard because I'm a stay at home mom living in a town far away from family and friends my whole life is about them. I forget its okay to take time for myself and this is my golden opportunity.

I think this sounds wonderful! I cannot wait to have some solo time myself to just wander and do whatever I please! ::yes::
I'm not even sure I will know what to do with myself :rotfl2:

:cool1: Keep it up!
I'm trying and I think succeeding

See you there! :wave2:
I hope so :goodvibes

For what it's worth, I did the Frozen Premium Package in August and they asked us to park strollers as we came into the dessert party area. However, as the time went on, I saw multiple families with strollers at their tables and sleepy children in them. I don't think they were unreasonable about it. So, hopefully that is the case and you'll be fine. Otherwise, throw in a carrier as a back-up, I guess. I have brought my Ergo to WDW before, but I just didn't use it a lot, so leaving it home this time (otherwise, you could borrow it).
Thanks, I am hoping they will take pity on us with three little boys but if not I will have a back up carrier for the baby.

I think I'm the weird one on the DIS. It seems like everyone else has everything all together and is bored and I'm like, "Wait?! I have so much to do! This trip is coming up too soon!" :scared: Every time. :sad2: It will be here before you know it, though!
:laughing: I do this every trip get everything done way ahead and then have nothing to do. I decided I am going to read a book to pass the time :thumbsup2

13 days until Disney!! 13 stories on the Tower Of Terror.

I can't believe our trip is so close :goodvibes. I have spent the last couple of days finishing up some projects for the trip. I decorated our magicbands and made Mickey glow ears. Here is the final result.

Doesn't look very pretty but you won't be able to see the band in the dark

[url=https://flic.kr/p/skn9q4]
Much better, huh:thumbsup2?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/skn9jc]
My Ariel band

[url=https://flic.kr/p/s3PmES]
Star Wars Rebels for Connor

[url=https://flic.kr/p/skn91B]
Star Wars Rebels for James

[url=https://flic.kr/p/s3QuG3]
And more Rebels for Joe

[url=https://flic.kr/p/roAN6F]
Mickey for Nicholas. He probably won't wear it but I think its my favorite one.
[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/skn9q4][url=https://flic.kr/p/skn9jc][url=https://flic.kr/p/s3PmES][url=https://flic.kr/p/skn91B][url=https://flic.kr/p/s3QuG3][url=https://flic.kr/p/roAN6F][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/skn9q4][url=https://flic.kr/p/skn9jc][url=https://flic.kr/p/s3PmES][url=https://flic.kr/p/skn91B][url=https://flic.kr/p/s3QuG3][url=https://flic.kr/p/roAN6F][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/skn9q4][url=https://flic.kr/p/skn9jc][url=https://flic.kr/p/s3PmES][url=https://flic.kr/p/skn91B][url=https://flic.kr/p/s3QuG3][url=https://flic.kr/p/roAN6F][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]​
[url=https://flic.kr/p/skn9q4][url=https://flic.kr/p/skn9jc][url=https://flic.kr/p/s3PmES][url=https://flic.kr/p/skn91B][url=https://flic.kr/p/s3QuG3][url=https://flic.kr/p/roAN6F]
We have also been doing movie nights as a family to watch movies we haven't seen or haven't seen in awhile. I was down to my last movie, Snow White, and I can't find it :confused3. Its not on Netflix instant or dvd, not on Youtube (I was desperate), I can't even buy it for less than $50 on Amazon:eek:. I mean really Disney. I will try to see if they have it at our movie rental place, can you believe we still have that but no actual grocery store in my town :cool:. If I can't get it I will be really sad. I thought it would be really fun to watch before we do the Mine Train. Also, in an awesome turn or events Disney moved the Star Wars show to tier two FPs so I was able to move the Saga of the Stars to a 2 and pick up another TSMM :cool1:. We will have a lot of time to kill between dinner and the dessert party so a spin on TSMM should be perfect. I was also able to snag a BOG lunch FP on Mother's day which is awesome because that is what I was really hoping for all along. Now I have to go make FPs for BIL's family for the next three nights at midnight :faint:.
[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter