Second All in One Disneyland TR Thread - Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout Review 5/30-6/2

I was going to say how sorry I was to see the end of another TR but then I realised that it won't be too long to the start of the next installment.

Great pictures. Glad to see that you're working out and experimenting with different settings. :thumbsup2

It was a great trip where we did a lot at the DLR. This past trip was a nice one as well with my DB, DBGF, and her friend. But something else happened during the trip which you will find out when I do my updates.

Thank you. I am always willing to try new settings on my DSLR when I am at the parks.

You got some great pictures of the Pixar Play Parade. I usually get annoyed at this parade since it usually goes by when I'm trying to get somewhere and they block off the streets so I can't get to where I want to go and I'm forced to listen to the "5-4-3-2-1!" Countdown song the whole time!
Great F! shots!
That's great that you had lunch at BB. I think they share a kitchen with Café Orleans for the Monte Cristo sandwich so it's the same one.
Nice shots of Anna and Elsa and the Soundsational Parade
You guys did a lot! Even fit in Mickey and the Magical Map!
Wow! They are really refurbing the Sub ride!!!
You guys are packing it all in Aladdin too! We had a different Genie when we saw the show a couple weeks ago. He was not as skinny.
I love World of Color, but Fran doesn't, however, I convinced her to go see it when my parents come visit in September so that will be nice to finally see it again.
The River Belle Terrace Breakfast looks good! Sorry about the last day, but at least you are back there now!
I am all caught up now!

The Pixar Play parade is nice but just like you, it can be annoying when I am trying to go to next destinations since it goes pass by Cars Land and Paradise Pier.

It was nice to have lunch at BB during the trip. I believe you are right that the CO and BB restaurants use the same kitchen. But the Monte Cristo plates look completely different from both restaurants and are not the same.

The Frozen pre-parade float is a nice addition to the park so people can see Elsa and Anna instead of the M&G.

We did quite a lot that whole trip and was able to see MatMM after Soundsational Parade.

The FNSV has been down since early January and has been down this whole time. The ride should be up and running in late September.

I have seen different Genie's when I have watched the Aladdin shows in the past and this one was a very funny one. Everyone was laughing during his jokes. I should have videotaped it.

That will be nice for your parents to see WoC in September.

The Riverbelle Terrace breakfast is nice and one my favorite quick counter breakfast restaurants. The trip was great and also this past trip.

awesome pictures. I love that last picture of the Ferris Wheel and Dumbo in world of colour :lovestruc

Thank you Petals. :goodvibes

Hi Bret,
I really enjoyed all the great photographs from your last trip. Especially the Winnie the Pooh ride ones, Olaf, and the diving duck! We always enjoy seeing Aladdin and Mickey and the Magical Map. Your pictures reminded me so of our last trip. Good times.

Looks like you're having a blast with your DB and his DFs! LOVED the ride picture from RSR!

Thanks for sharing,:thumbsup2
TK

Hi TK

Thank you. The June trip was very nice where DAW and I were able to do a lot. I can never get tired of seeing Aladdin and Mickey and the Magical Map.

We had a great time during the trip and there was another surprise to the trip in which you will find out when I do my posts.

Thank you for following along my trip reports TK.

I want to ask you how was your trip in July and how many times did you ride TSMM?

Bret, your photos are amazing as usual and just what I needed to see during this missing Disneyland phase. :thumbsup2

I can't believe you're back already! :woohoo:

Thank you Jenny.

it wasn't too long when I was at the DLR in June and I just came back from the July trip.

Hi Bret,
We had a GREAT time in July. We went to DCA each time is was magic morning/early entry and those days rode TSMM at LEAST 6 times first thing in the morning. When the ride wait was longer than 15 minutes we'd head over to Carsland, stopping to ride CS at least once as there was never a line in the morning. I did get over 200,000 for the first time ever and DS#1 got over 400,000. :goodvibes We love that Carsland has taken the early morning crowd.

Right at the regular park opening we would get our RSR fastpasses. Like you've experienced many times in the morning the ride is down so it's best to be able to go later.

It was strange to see DL and DCA without the Christmas decorations and overlays. We found we like the HM ride more with the overlay.

I'm still thinking of doing a trip report for July so I'll keep you posted if I do. In the mean time I'll enjoy your reports!

Hi Bret,
We had a GREAT time in July. We went to DCA each time is was magic morning/early entry and those days rode TSMM at LEAST 6 times first thing in the morning. When the ride wait was longer than 15 minutes we'd head over to Carsland, stopping to ride CS at least once as there was never a line in the morning. I did get over 200,000 for the first time ever and DS#1 got over 400,000. :goodvibes We love that Carsland has taken the early morning crowd.

Right at the regular park opening we would get our RSR fastpasses. Like you've experienced many times in the morning the ride is down so it's best to be able to go later.

It was strange to see DL and DCA without the Christmas decorations and overlays. We found we like the HM ride more with the overlay.

I'm still thinking of doing a trip report for July so I'll keep you posted if I do. In the mean time I'll enjoy your reports!

Hi TK,

Nice to hear that you were able to have a great trip last month to the DLR. 6 times is a lot of times to ride TSMM. Glad that you were able to ride it a lot during the morning time. Congrats on getting 200,000 points on the ride. That is awesome that your DS got 400,000 on the ride. I have trouble of getting 200,000 lately until my trip last week where i got 245,500 points and I wasn't the high score on the car where someone got over 300,000 points.

With CL opened since 2012, it is so easy to ride TSMM in the morning where you won't see too many people until later during the day.

I would not even ride RSR first thing in the morning where RSR can be down. I always get the RSR FP's first thing in the morning and ride it later during the day.

It is a little different during the summertime where you have been going a lot during the holiday season. There are people like the original HM instead of the HM like my DB who loves the original over HMH.

I will be looking forward to hear your adventures and hope you will write a trip report. From the way you said on your post, you and your family had an amazing time.

I have't done any updates these last couple of weeks since my trip last week since I have been out of town since last Tuesday. I am on the road and went to San Antonio, Texas with DAW who has a condo in Texas. She wanted me to come along with her since we were driving. It took about 3 days just to get from Sacramento to San Antonio. That was a lot of mileage to Texas. We are on the road and going back to Sacramento.

We are now in El Paso, Texas and we will be heading on over to Las Vegas tomorrow and we will be back in Sacramento on Thursday night. I am looking forward to being back to Sacramento after all the traveling i have been doing these last few weeks.

When I get back on Thursday, I have another Anime show in Stockton this upcoming weekend and next weekend will be Fanniversary in San Francisco at the Walt Disney Family Museum. I will be very busy these next few weekends. I will start to work on my Disneyland trip report for July when I have time.

Hi TK,

Nice to hear that you were able to have a great trip last month to the DLR. 6 times is a lot of times to ride TSMM. Glad that you were able to ride it a lot during the morning time. Congrats on getting 200,000 points on the ride. That is awesome that your DS got 400,000 on the ride. I have trouble of getting 200,000 lately until my trip last week where i got 245,500 points and I wasn't the high score on the car where someone got over 300,000 points.

With CL opened since 2012, it is so easy to ride TSMM in the morning where you won't see too many people until later during the day.

I would not even ride RSR first thing in the morning where RSR can be down. I always get the RSR FP's first thing in the morning and ride it later during the day.

It is a little different during the summertime where you have been going a lot during the holiday season. There are people like the original HM instead of the HM like my DB who loves the original over HMH.

I will be looking forward to hear your adventures and hope you will write a trip report. From the way you said on your post, you and your family had an amazing time.

I have't done any updates these last couple of weeks since my trip last week since I have been out of town since last Tuesday. I am on the road and went to San Antonio, Texas with DAW who has a condo in Texas. She wanted me to come along with her since we were driving. It took about 3 days just to get from Sacramento to San Antonio. That was a lot of mileage to Texas. We are on the road and going back to Sacramento.

We are now in El Paso, Texas and we will be heading on over to Las Vegas tomorrow and we will be back in Sacramento on Thursday night. I am looking forward to being back to Sacramento after all the traveling i have been doing these last few weeks.

When I get back on Thursday, I have another Anime show in Stockton this upcoming weekend and next weekend will be Fanniversary in San Francisco at the Walt Disney Family Museum. I will be very busy these next few weekends. I will start to work on my Disneyland trip report for July when I have time.

Hi Bret,
WOW that's a lot of driving to be sure. We leave tomorrow to go from Michigan to Texas to get our son moved into his apartment to start his new job next week. 1500 miles. DH and I will fly back Sunday afternoon.

Your TSMM score is AWESOME especially by yourself. Without a partner to help unlock higher point items getting that high a score is remarkable. :thumbsup2

I've got to tell you the best I could muster on Buzz was 79,000.

Hi Bret,
WOW that's a lot of driving to be sure. We leave tomorrow to go from Michigan to Texas to get our son moved into his apartment to start his new job next week. 1500 miles. DH and I will fly back Sunday afternoon.

Your TSMM score is AWESOME especially by yourself. Without a partner to help unlock higher point items getting that high a score is remarkable. :thumbsup2

I've got to tell you the best I could muster on Buzz was 79,000.

Hi TK,

Over 1700 miles to San Antonio from Sacramento was a long time and it took forever. It is so nice to be back home these last few days and it was a great experience. A little late to respond that you are now in Texas. Hope your son is doing well in Texas.

Thanks TK. It has been a long time since I had a good run on TSMM. I was able to hit the big targets.

If you need help with BLAB, I will be glad to help you with it and I could always use good tips on TSMM.

Hope you got back safely.

Catching up. Hope you enjoyed Texas!

I did enjoy Texas except for the weather which was hot. The food was great, San Antonio Comic Con went well and did a lot of fun things in Texas which I will write one day.

The July trip report will be up shortly.

[post=51899760]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 1 –July 26th, 2014 – Part 1

Middle of the Nite Drive & a Friend Joining Us

This trip was with my DB (brother) and V (DB GF). It was exciting to go back to the Disneyland Resort after being there just less than one month ago with DAW. This was the third trip this year and it was going to be with DB and his GF while coming down to SoCal. Also there were other people that joined us during the trip which you will find out later during the updated posts. I was kind of surprised that DB and V wanted to go to the DLR in such a short time which was less than a couple of weeks until the trip. They were able to get time off while I just finished with summer basketball league with my high school team. So it was perfect timing to go back down south to SoCal.

I was so busy these last few weeks with the DLR trip. I went on a road trip with DAW all the way to San Antonio Texas just one day when DB, his GF and I left SoCal back to Sacramento. I was on the road from Sacramento to Las Vegas to El Paso and San Antonio in three days. That was the longest drive in my life and we totaled over 3,500 miles round trip. DAW is from Texas and she has a place down there and I was able to meet up with Silv and MP (which were with DAW and I during the December 2013 trip). There was a Comic Con in San Antonio during the trip and it was nice in San Antonio. I will write up a trip report later during our time in SA. And this past weekend, I worked another show which was in Stockton.

During the trip, it was nice to be at the parks with DB and V. We went together during the [post=45841399]August 2012 trip report[/post]. Which was less than two years ago and they were able to experienced Cars Land and BVS when it opened during the summer of 2012. We also were joined by other people during the trip which you will find out later.

Now let’s get to the trip report.

Mostly when I leave to SoCal, I leave around 7am and get to Anaheim around 3pm. But this time, V wanted to get to SoCal first thing when the DLR opens at 8am. So they wanted to leave around midnight on Thursday night and drive through the night all the way to Anaheim. I know that it sounds crazy to drive all the way to SoCal late at night. But she wanted to get as much out of Saturday.

But our father told us that we should go to our grandmother’s house in Livingston on Friday night so we can get a head start during the trip. So we agreed to stop at our grandmother’s house and stay there for a while and leave in the middle of the night instead of driving through it.

It was around 8pm when we left Sacramento while I picked up DB and V from their place in Elk Grove. We head straight on over to Livingston where our grandmother lives. This is where I mostly stop on the way when I go to SoCal. It was nice of her to let us stay for a part of the night so we can head on over to Anaheim in the morning time.

We got to her place around 9:30pm and we slept at her place until 2am in the morning which we left her place. Than it was a 5 and a half our drive all the way down to Anaheim. At least two of us were awake during the drive to make sure that we aren’t daydreaming when driving. I mostly droved the most down to SoCal and it was nice to have DB drive as well.

When we got to Anaheim, we head straight on over to our hotel that we will be staying which was Best Western Pavilion. This was the first time I have stayed at BW Pavilions and I never stay at this hotel since I stay at BW Park Place Inn, BW Anaheim Inn and BW Stovall’s. BW Pavilion was a block away from BW Stovall’s on Katella Ave. The reason we chose BW Pavilion was that the price was low over all the other hotels. My DB and I talked about the other hotels on Harbor that are across the street from the DLR and the price was just not right which the cheapest hotel across the street we found was at $159. That was way too much so we stayed at BW Pavilions for $109.

We got in at BW Pavilions at 7:50am. We tried to check-in at BW Pavilions & the room wasn’t ready. So we had to come back later during the day to check-in at our room. So we just left our bags in the car and we head straight on over to the DLR.

The walk from BW Pavilions to the DLR was quite a long walk which took about 15-20 minutes which was a couple of minutes longer where I have stayed at BW Stovall’s. I thought that it was a breeze but later during the trip it was just too long. I will get to that later on during the posts.

We head on over to the DLR and we were at the Esplanade around 8:20am. Just when we were about to enter the Esplanade, the security check-in area was quite busy that morning.

We didn’t go inside the parks just yet since we were waiting for someone. V has a friend that is from San Diego which she was her roommate when she went to Irvine and will be joining us during our first part of the day. It was nice that V friend was going to join us at the DLR.

Disneyland was quite busy to get in that morning while Disney California Adventure had some people going into the park.

V friend (Jen) finally showed up at 8:55am which was a little later than we have expected. But it was nice that she got here safely. The first thing we did was to head on over to DCA since they all want to ride RSR. So we head on over to DCA first thing and get FP’s for Radiator Springs Racers.

When we were in the park, we head straight on over to the RSR FP queue and we were able to secure nice times that day. It was around 9:02am when I got the FP’s and the return time was at 1:05pm to 2:05pm. It is now easy to get a FP for RSR later during the day which in the past they will be all gone by the morning time.

After we got the FP’s, they wanted to go and ride Toy Story Midway Mania. So I gathered all their Park Hopper tickets and I head on over to Grizzly River Run in order to get World of Color FP’s. I had no problem being the FP runner so they will be able to ride TSMM while I get the FP’s.

When I got to GRR, i remember seeing on the park hour calendar that WoC will only be playing once a night just like the June trip in which it was only playing once during the summertime which was kind of weird. Since it was late during the day to get FP’s, I thought that we would get the yellow section and there was only one show a night. But I was wrong and was able to secure the Blue section.

I head straight ton over to Paradise Pier to see if they are in the queue. It is nice to pass by PP and see Mickey’s Fun Wheel of Doom.

I head straight on over to TSMM and through the queue to see if they were half way or better through the queue. They were not even 1/3 through the queue and the wait time was like 45 minutes that morning.

They told me to get in the queue when it was close to the outside. I told them that it was okay and I’ll just wait for them but they insisted and told me to get in. So I did get in the queue and we waited about 20 minutes through the queue until we got on the ride.

V and Jen rode together while DB and I rode in the other.

For our scores, I had 171,500 while DB had 152,500. That was a low score for me at TSMM. But we were able to accomplish something I have never done on TSMM. The fifth mini-game scene on TSMM which is Woody’s Rootin’ Tootin’ Shootin’ Gallery, we were able to hit all the bulls-eye targets and unlock the extra points. This is one of the scenes that I have never accomplish and was able to unlock it with DB.

We didn’t have the high score on the ride in which it wasn’t a good ride for me.

After we rode TSMM, we head on over to Pacific Wharf to have breakfast. We were all hungry since we drove on Saturday night to Anaheim.

It was nice to have breakfast at Pacific Wharf. I haven’t eaten at the Pacific Wharf for breakfast in years and was nice to be able to have breakfast that morning.

I had the Breakfast Croissant Sandwich.

DB and V shared a Egg and Bacon Boule

Jen got the Sonoma Chicken & Apple Salad in a Boule

After we finished breakfast at Pacific Wharf, we head straight on out of the park until we had to use the restroom by the Wine Country Trattoria since we were able to ride TSMM and we had to come back later that day to ride RSR.

We head on out of DCA while it was not that bad that afternoon which it was a little quiet (except for riding TSMM).

The four of us exited DCA and now back at the Esplanade to head on over to Disneyland.

That will be it for this post and it will continue on the next post.

[post=52055839]Continue to the Next Post[/post]​

[post=52055825]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 1 –July 26th, 2014 – Part 2

Coaster Rides and Tsum Tsum Hunting

We were now in DL that afternoon and it was not as bad as I have thought when walking down Main Street USA. Most of the people that were at the park that morning while waiting outside of the queue when entering at 8am and they should all be in the park.

The first ride that we rode that morning was none other than Big Thunder Mountain Railroad since DB and V have never rode the new version which opened earlier this year. I have enjoyed riding BTMRR the last few trips and I was looking forward to riding it again.

When we got on over to BTMRR, I was planning on getting FP’s but the wait time was only 20 minutes and they just said to ride it with a little wait time.

While walking down the queue, I had to get some pictures on the way.

The town of Rainbow Ridge looks so amazing.

We only had to wait about 15 minutes in the standby queue of BTMRR. V and Jen rode together while I rode with my DB.

Once again during the ride experience on BTMRR, I had my GoPro on my head so I was able to video record the ride and to be able to take pictures with my DSLR in my hands.

Going into the first tunnel.

The caverns looks amazing.

Now this is the wildest ride in wilderness.

Can’t forget about the Dynamite Eating Goat after the second chain lift.

The third lift which was the dynamite mine which is about to explode.

Passing by the town of Rainbow Ridge.

After we rode BTMRR, they wanted to go on over to Fantasyland to see if they could ride on Dumbo. I was surprised that they want to ride Dumbo that morning instead of going on any of the other big rides like Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Indy, etc. But I had no problem with them for what they want to do since I am just following along with them.

The new Frontierland game was going on during the trip but it was not running that morning so I had to check back later to see it.

While we were walking on over to FL, Dumbo was not running while people were in the queue. So flying on Dumbo was no option unless we waited for a while to ride it. We also thought about riding Alice in Wonderland. It was just reopened after I left during the June trip with DAW. But the wait time was at 50 minutes which was way too long to wait. So that was no option as well.

So we head on over to the north towards It’s a Small World Plaza where the girls want to do some shopping. I had no problem with it and we head on over to IASW Plaza and at the store.

While the ladies looked at the store, they wanted to go on over to Mickey’s Toontown and look at the Five and Dime store to look for something specific at the store.

V told me that she is looking for “Tsum Tsum” plush when we were at the parks. It is a little mini plush ball of a Disney character. Without any luck, we didn’t find it at any of the stores that we have been in the parks.

While we were in Mickey’s Toontown, the three of them decided to ride Gadget’s Go Coaster. The wait time was at 20 minutes which didn’t seem too long but they waited actually 40 minutes in the queue. I decided not to ride it since I have rode it plenty of times in the past and after looking through the queue, it was going to be at least 30 minutes or longer to ride Gadget’s Go Coaster.

While I was waiting for them, I took some more random pictures at Mickey’s Toontown.

Chip ‘n Dale Treehouse

After 40 minutes waiting in the queue for Gadget’s Go Coaster, they were finally on the ride and on the lift.

When they got off Gadget’s Go Coaster, we decided to head on out of DL and go on over to Downtown Disney to do some shopping until we had to use our FP’s for RSR that afternoon.

While we were walking on out of the park, we stop at other stores in DL like the Emporium on MS to look for the “Tsum Tsum” plush in the stores. We looked in the stores to see if they have them but they didn’t. We asked the CM’s about the “Tsum Tsum”, but they didn’t know what we were talking about even though V described it to them. But they did told us to go to the World of Disney Store in DTD to see if they have it. So we head on over to the WoD in DTD to see if they have any.

The west side turnstiles was all finished after being down for a refurbishment.

We exited DL and we head straight on over to DTD and to the World of Disney store to look for the “Tsum Tsum”. We went through the whole WoD store to look for the “Tsum Tsum” and they didn’t even have it. We asked the CM’s at the store as well and they don’t even know about it as well. V was a little disappointed that the store didn’t have it.

While we were in the store, Jen wanted to get an Olaf plush. She isn’t an AP holder so I was able to help her save some money from the Olaf plush that she bought that day.

After we finished in the WoD store, we head on over other stores in DTD to see if they have it. Unfortunately, no other store in DTD doesn’t even know what we were talking about or know about it. V was a little disappointed that they didn’t have it but she told us that she will find it from somewhere.

After being in DTD for a while, it was almost time to use our FP’s for RSR. So we head on out of DTD and back to DCA.

That will be it for this post and stay tune for the next update at DCA.

I've been totally trying to avoid Tsum Tsum. I understand it is highly addictive and I've got enough addiction going on right now and really can't add another one to the list. ;)

Nice pictures. You know.....its been a while since I've spent quality time at Toontown. Love your pictures there.

Your pictures are stunning. We barely missed you in June. You arrived on the 23rd, and we left on the 22nd.

Hi Bret,
You've sure packed a lot into your day already. Your score on TSMM is a great score for me. My fellas started teasing me that I would always get the cat as my prize. I find the bulls-eye round the most challenging as well.

Breakfast looked delish. It was fun that you shared your pictures of Toontown and Frontierland. We really enjoyed riding BTMM and your pictures were GREAT!

Looking forward to more. popcorn::

I've been totally trying to avoid Tsum Tsum. I understand it is highly addictive and I've got enough addiction going on right now and really can't add another one to the list. ;)

Nice pictures. You know.....its been a while since I've spent quality time at Toontown. Love your pictures there.

I will definitely read in a bit. Thanks for the invite.

I was wondering what was Tsum Tsum when we were coming down that Saturday morning when we were driving. But when they told me about it and showed me a picture, I can understand why V wanted to get them. Anything Disney can get addicted from the pins, Vinylmations, etc.

Thank you PiO. We can go into Toontown during our trip in October. It is okay but it is amazing when Toontown is decorated during the holiday season.

Your pictures are stunning. We barely missed you in June. You arrived on the 23rd, and we left on the 22nd.

Glad to see you here Kim. It has been a long time since I have seen you on the boards. Thank you. Just one day during the June trip and it would have been great to meet you in person. Hope you have a great time for your upcoming trips to the DLR.

Hi Bret,
You've sure packed a lot into your day already. Your score on TSMM is a great score for me. My fellas started teasing me that I would always get the cat as my prize. I find the bulls-eye round the most challenging as well.

Breakfast looked delish. It was fun that you shared your pictures of Toontown and Frontierland. We really enjoyed riding BTMM and your pictures were GREAT!

Looking forward to more. popcorn::

Hi TK,

We did quite a lot from the morning to afternoon at the DLR form DCA and DL. The TSMM score is okay but I also realized that my DB was also aiming for the high targets during the ride so I lost about another 30,000 points. The more i keep riding TSMM, I am hoping for a higher score. But you already saw my score on Monday during the trip which was not that bad for a single person.

The breakfast at Pacific Wharf is okay. It is nothing special but a nice breakfast. Your welcome. V and Jen wanted to do the shopping while we were in the parks to look for the Tsum Tsum and we were able to get on some rides at DL that afternoon.

Thank you TK for following along.

The next posts will be up shortly.

[post=52055839]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 1 –July 26th, 2014 – Part 3

Let’s go for a drive.

After we went through the stores in DTD to look for the Tsum Tsum that V was looking for and with no luck, it was time to head on back to DCA that afternoon in order to use our FP’s for RSR. This is what everyone is looking forward too even me where I have been a fan of RSR ever since it opened in 2012.

We head straight on over to Hollywood Land and right on the other side of Cars Land instead of going through the regular entrance.

Passing by the Tower of Terror which looks amazing every time I see it except that I don’t like to ride it.

While we were walking on our way to Cars Land and walking in A Bug’s Land, we passed by Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train. V said that we should go on this ride and we did ride it that afternoon. It was nice to ride Himlich’s Chew Chew Train where I don’t ride it often.

After we rode Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train, we head straight on over to Cars Land in order to ride RSR.

The wait time was only 105 minutes which was still over an hour and a half. But luckily we had FP’s to avoid the long wait time. When we got the FP’s around 9am in the morning, I thought that we would have to wait longer to ride RSR in the afternoon. But with RSR now connected to the FP system, it is easier to get a FP for RSR later after the first one.

While we were in the FP queue, I noticed something new was added to Radiator Springs Racers since the last time back in June. They added some mist machines through the queue to keep the guests cool. It wasn’t there back in June and it must have been installed just when I left. It is a nice addition for the queue to keep the guests cool.

It only took about 10 minutes for us to walk through the FP queue and get on the ride. DB, V and Jen rode together up front while I was in the back. This has happen where I was in the back by myself while the rest of my party are up front. I have no problem with it but it seems like I went through the single rider line and rode it by myself.

Once again by taking pictures with my DSLR in my hands, I had my GoPro on my head.

It is so amazing to see Radiator Falls Waterfall

Passing by Van

Sheriff pulled us over.

Sally and McQueen

We went through Ramone’s House of Body Art and was able to get a picture of us.

Shining paint don’t win a race.

Great race.

Our racing picture

After we got off RSR, we passed by Luigi’s Casa Della Tires and the wait time was only 5 minutes which was a little shock at that time in the afternoon. So it was a no brainer and we went on it that afternoon.

When we got on over to ride LFT, the girls went together while the boys rode together.

During the ride, our tire wasn’t working really well where we leaned forward or any other direction, the tire didn’t really moved well. We had a defective tire while the ladies humped into us a few times while we didn’t get them once.

After we finished riding LFT, it was time to have a snack and what better place to have a snack in Cars Land none other than the Cozy Cone Motel. The girls got soft serve ice cream since it was a warm day at DCA while I got the churro bites which is my favorite snack at the Cozy Cone Motel.

The girls were enjoying the soft serve ice cream and we moved on to our next part at DCA. We head straight on back towards ABL and to Hollywood Land. While we were passing by the Tower of Terror, the girls wanted to ride it. They asked if I want to go on it as well and I told them that I will wait outside of the entrance.

I am not a big fan of riding the Tower of Terror. This is one of two rides that I don’t like to go on at DCA. The other is Grizzly River Run. So I just waited outside until they got on out of the ride. The good thing about waiting is that I can relax my legs especially carry the camera bag and my DSLR on my shoulder.

They took quite a while to get on the ride and come out of it which took them about 15 minutes to go through the queue and on the ride.

When we met up with each other, it was time to head on out of the park and head on back to Best Western Pavilions to check-in to our room. We weren’t able to check-in at BW Pavilions that morning but it was already time to check-in since it was past 3pm.

So we all head on out of DCA. It took us about 20 minutes to get on out of DCA and over to BW Pavilions. At first it wasn’t that bad but it did felt longer every time you walk back and forward to the DLR from BW Pavilions.

When we got to check-in our room around 4pm, we all rested up. But DB, V and Jen were planning on going out. They were planning on visiting V brother who is going to Irvine University which is not too far from Anaheim. They planned this out that day to visit V brother. So they took my car and head on over to Irvine while I was resting in the room until it was time to head on back to the DLR that night.

That’s it for this post and continue on to the next post.

[post=52088918]Continue to the Next Post[/post]​

[post=52088907]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 1 –July 26th, 2014 – Part 4

Solo Time & your Life Could be a Dream

I left BW Pavilions and head straight on back to the DLR while DB, V and Jen went to Irvine to see V brother. So I was by myself at the parks until I met up with them later that night since we have FP’s for World of Color at 9:45pm.

The walk from BW Pavilions to the Esplanade at the DLR is quite a long walk even though it is only less than 20 minutes but it did felt longer than normal where I walked from Best Western Stovall’s.

I went to DL to see a new show that was added in early July where I didn’t get to see it during the June trip. Since DB, V and Jen were in Irvine, it was my time to do my solo time at the parks.

I head straight on over to Tomorrowland to see the exclusive sneak peek of Guardians of the Galaxy. DL has been promoting this movie a lot from the ads and at DL. I believe at the Starcade store, they had a lot of Guardians of the Galaxy merchandise. It replaced Captain EO during the summertime and I heard that Captain EO will be back up later on sometime after the summer season.

I got to see the show and it was very interesting. You did get to wear the 3D glasses like Captain EO. After seeing the preview, I had to see it in the theaters which is always a bad thing since seeing those clips will get you to see it. I was able to watch the movie when I was in San Antonio last week.

After seeing the show, I went in the Startrader store to look at the Star Wars merchandise which they have some new stuff.

I didn’t stay too long in DL that night where I had to go on over to DCA to get our spots for the 9:45pm World of Color show. So I head on out of DL.

The work is continuing on the sides of Main Street where the former First Aid station used to be.

I exited DL and head on over to DCA. This is why I love DL over WDW so much when jumping park to park where it is only a minute away while you have to take transportations on over to the other parks.

I still had a lot of time until I get on over to Paradise Pier to get a spot for the 9:45pm World of Color show so I just roamed around the park until it was time.

The Fountain at Buena Vista Street

While passing by Condor Flats, the sign is once again changed with the characters from the new movie “Planes: Fire & Rescue”.

Since it was getting dark, I remember to head on over to Cars Land and wait until the lights came on that night. It was perfect timing to wait until the town of Radiator Springs turned on the lights and play “Life Could be Dream” just like in the movie “Cars”.

I only had to wait a while until it was time when the music played and the lights turn on.

The music started and the lights came on one after another on each building.

You can never get tired of that music like in the movie.

After being in the town of Radiator Springs, I start to head on out and on over to Paradise Pier to meet up with DB and V. I been told me V that Jen won’t be able to join us that night. But it was nice to have company during our first part of the day.

I was now in Paradise Pier and some of the guests were already in the queue for World of Color. But I didn’t have to be in the line since I was planning on being at my favorite spot. So I just walked around PP until DB and V are in the park.

That will be it for this post and stay tune what happened later that night at DCA.

[post=52114562]Continue to the Next Post[/post]​

Lovely pictures.

Seems like you're having a great time just taking pictures rather than getting on rides.
BTW - I am hoping you'll get on the swinging carousel car of MFWoD with me. ;)

Hi Bret,
Looks like another fun day. I loved your ride shot on RSR. I've never been on any rides in Bug'sLand so I enjoyed your Chew photographs.

It really is fun seeing the lights go on in Carsland. Your photos are top notch showing all the wonderful neon lights. :thumbsup2

Did you like the Best Western hotel this stay?
TK

Lovely pictures.

Seems like you're having a great time just taking pictures rather than getting on rides.
BTW - I am hoping you'll get on the swinging carousel car of MFWoD with me. ;)

Thank you PiO.

It feel like that with me more and more when I am at the DLR. During the earlier days, I have enjoyed going on the rides over the shows and pictures. Now I am mostly interested in those two things over the rides. Don't get me wrong on the rides, I do enjoy going on the rides like the Monorail, RSR, etc. but it is nice to try all new sorts of pictures. It is enjoyable to capture the moments at the parks and take all sorts of pictures from the rides, shows, flowers, etc.

You know me that I hate riding the swinging-gondola on MFWoD.

Hi Bret,
Looks like another fun day. I loved your ride shot on RSR. I've never been on any rides in Bug'sLand so I enjoyed your Chew photographs.

It really is fun seeing the lights go on in Carsland. Your photos are top notch showing all the wonderful neon lights. :thumbsup2

Did you like the Best Western hotel this stay?
TK

Hi TK,

We had a fun day at the parks and it was nice to have company along with us. It would have been nice if Jen stayed longer but she was busy and we understood that. The RSR pictures are getting better and better with every trip. I don't go on the rides at ABL but it was nice to go on it with them and riding Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train is great.

Seeing the neon lights turn on at the town of Radiator Springs is the best part of being in Cars Land where you can experience the same feeling like in the movie "Cars". Thank you TK.

For my own personal experience, I didn't enjoy this hotel as I have thought. The walk to the DLR was way longer than I have thought where BW Stovall's (which I mostly stay during the D23 Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center) was another 3-5 minutes longer walk. I was also very tired that day from the drive and didn't get any rest that day. So it did play a part of it. Also the hotel was doing some construction by installing an elevator since it is only a two story building and we were on the top. It did get a little noisy in the afternoon. There are people that like this hotel but we chose it was due to the price per night were it was about $50 cheaper than at BW Anaheim Inn where it was $159 a night and BW Stovall's was at $149. Next time, I would spend extra instead of walking more to the resort.

The next update will be up shortly.

[post=52088918]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 1 –July 26th, 2014 – Part 5

Life under the sea is better than anything they got up there

I was still roaming around DCA until I met up with DB and V so we can get good spots to watch the 9:45pm World of Color show. I was not smart of planning my time that night after being in Cars Land where I haven’t ate dinner yet and I didn’t know if DB and V have ate when they went to Irvine. This was not a great day of planning like I usually do at the parks.

I was considering eating at Paradise Garden Grill but I didn’t have time to eat around that area and the other one was eating at Corn Dog Castle but the wait time was just too long. So it was not a great day of trying to get food when I was by myself.

While I was waiting for DB and V, I went over to the Golden Zephyr to take long exposure shots of the ride.

After waiting for a while for DB and V around PP, they finally arrived at 8:40pm. I asked if they want to get in the queue but we didn’t have to worry about it since we are planning on being at my favorite spot so we decided to wait a while until it was time to head on in the viewing area.

We decided to go on the Little Mermaid ride since the wait time was a walk-on that night.

I have been going on this ride a lot these last few trips with DB, V, DAF & DAW. This is almost like one of my usual rides at DCA lately.

After we got off the Little Mermaid ride, we head straight on over to Paradise Pier viewing area for World of Color. It was around 9pm when we got into the viewing area and no surprised that our spot was not taken that night. This is why I love this spot so much with little wait time and a decent spot to watch World of Color without getting wet.

While we were waiting for WoC that night, I went on over to get dinner and I head on over to Lucky Fortune Cookery. I like to eat at this quick counter restaurant since it is fast and Asian food.

Lucky DB and V didn’t eat that night and I asked if they wanted anything and they told me a rice bowl is nice. So I ordered a couple of Asian Rice Bowl for dinner that night.

No picture of the rice bowls since it was in the Chinese box and was dark that night when I brought it back to the viewing area that night.

While I was eating, the Fun Wheel Challenge game was about to begin while I got back. The Fun Wheel Challenge game is a nice fun game where you use your smartphone and it is like a memorizing game where you match the colors like the classic game Simon. I have never once been able to control the lights on MFW and my DB took upon the challenge to do it. Unfortunately, he was not as fast enough to control the lights. He is way faster on the smartphone than me and just shows you that there are people that are so quick with matching the colors.

That’s it for this post and stay tune for World of Color that night.

[post=52114569]Continue to the Next Post[/post]​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter