Second All in One Disneyland TR Thread - Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout Review 5/30-6/2

[post=51795774]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 1 –June 23rd, 2014 – Part 4

Pixar Play Parade Part 2 & Dinner at the Plaza

We are watching the 5:15pm Pixar Play Parade in Hollywood Land right across from the Tower of Terror and we are part way through the parade.

A Bug’s Life Units

Heimlich

Atta and Flik

Slim at the rear

Toy Story Units

Little Green Men Soldiers

Little Green Alien

Buzz Lightyear float

Mr. Potato Head in a dump truck

There are a lot of Toy Story characters

Woody

Cars Units

It’s nice to see Lightning McQueen during the parade.

We can’t forget about Mater.

While the parade was going down on Hollywood Land, we were trailing the parade going down all the way towards Buena Vista Street so we can get out of the park and head on over to DL that day.

It took quite a while to walk behind the parade and head on out. I always have to get some pictures of BVS while we were walking on out of DCA.

We exited and now over at DL. It was quite a little busy that time around 5:45pm to enter DL where the turnstiles took a few minutes to get through.

There were people staking out a spot for the 6:30pm Mickey’s Soundsational Parade on MS. I talked to a CM to talk about the new Frozen pre-parade float. I read on the threads that the Frozen pre-parade float is only available before the 4pm parade. Unfortunately since we got stuck at our hotel where the ECV came later that day, we weren’t able to see the float. Just as I expected, the float is only available before the 4pm parade.

When we were walking down MS, DAW was getting hungry as well as me. We didn’t eat a meal on the road when we came down to Anaheim. It is rare that we don’t stop for food on the way. While we were in MS, there was a restaurant that I haven’t ate for a while and it seems like a good place to eat. There was something for DAW as well. The restaurant was the Plaza Inn. We have ate at the Plaza Inn during character breakfast with Minnie & Friends and I haven’t ate there during lunch in ages. So it was nice to be able to eat at the Plaza Inn for dinner.

I have read from another trip report about their experience at the Plaza Inn during lunch/dinnertime and saying how good the food at the Plaza Inn was at that I should consider eating there one day where I haven’t eat there in ages.

Current Menu at the Plaza Inn during lunch/dinner.

We were able to eat inside the Plaza Inn and it was really crowded inside where it was warm outside. Luckily it wasn’t that hot that time and good thing that we didn’t need a jacket.

I had the Plaza Inn Specialty the three pieces of chicken, with mash potatoes & grave with a biscuit and vegetables. I was so stuff eating all the plate that I couldn’t even finish it all. It was so nice to be able to eat the chicken at the Plaza Inn that I don’t know what I have missed over the years that I have passed by the Plaza Inn.

DAW had the glazed salmon with couscous, salsa and vegetables. When we got our food, the salmon was not on the menu when we entered the Plaza Inn. It was a little surprise and also not a big surprise since the different websites that don’t have the salmon on the menu. There are times when there are special dishes during the seasons from the Halloween, Christmas, summertime etc. She was glad that she had a dish that she could eat. She did say that the salmon was a little overcook. It could have been when the salmon was sitting out in the warmer.

After we had our dinner at the Plaza Inn, we started to move on to our next destination that night. Since it was around 6:30pm, the second show of Mickey’s Soundsational Parade just started and is coming from Main Street Town Square. There was no way we were going down on MS, so we head on over to New Orleans Square.

Walking right by the Hub as we are trying to avoid getting stuck during the second show of Mickey’s Soundsational Parade.

We were in NOS and DAW had to use the restroom so we had to walk the other way towards the NOS Railroad station since the alleyway towards the restroom is closed off due to Club 33 construction. It will be nice when the alleyway in NOS is completed.

After we used the restroom, we started to go to our next destination. But that will be on the next updates.

[post=51818814]Continue to the Next Updated Post[/post]​

Great pictures, Bret. Love the close-ups of the parade.

Seems like it's universal consensus that the fried chicken at the Plaza Inn is delicious!

Great pictures, Bret. Love the close-ups of the parade.

Seems like it's universal consensus that the fried chicken at the Plaza Inn is delicious!

Thank you PiO. It was nice to be able to use the telephoto lens for the Pixar Play Parade that afternoon in which i can't get up close pictures with the other lenses that I have.

The Fried Chicken at PPI is very nice and it is more juicy when you bite into it. It was nice that DAW found a restaurant that she can eat and it will be nice to eat there again in the future.

The next posts will be up shortly.

[post=51795780]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 1 –June 23rd, 2014 – Part 5

Staking a Spot and Fantasmic! Part 1

After we sued the restroom at NOS, we head straight on over to the sit down viewing area right next to the Rivers of America to watch the 9pm Fantasmic! show. It has been a long time since I stake out a spot in the sitting area for F!. This is DAW first time waiting with me for the 1st show of F! at 9pm. F! is one of my favorite nighttime shows at DL just like the fireworks and WoC. Alright, they are all my favorite activities to do at the DLR over the rides.

When we got the viewing area, the middle section of the viewing area was mostly filled up but I mostly watch it on the left hand side since there aren’t too many people in that area. We got our spot with 2 hours to go until the first show started at 9pm.

This is my favorite spot to watch F! every time I see the show. We were at the back area of the rope off area since DAW was using her ECV. This is a good spot to watch the show where if you have a ECV, wheelchair or stroller, you won’t have to break it down or being asked by the CM to move. There were a couple of people that were asked by the CM’s that they couldn’t have the stroller up during the show.

We both got settled in until we waited for the 9pm show of F!. DAW rested in her ECV while I took some pictures with the telephoto lens while we were waiting in the viewing area.

I turned around and looked at the second level at NOS which is the balcony for Club 33 restaurant. It won’t be too long until Club 33 is reopened after a lot of work is being done since earlier this year.

The Columbia started to move to its position for F! and the crew are hard at work getting it ready for the show.

All of the barges for F! are already set up for the shows.

The ducks are enjoying on the barge before F! starts.

While we were waiting, DAW wanted me to get her a drink at the Mint Julep Bar. She wanted to get a Mint Julep so I went on over to the stand and got her a Mint Julep. But while I was at the stand, I decided to get the Mickey-shaped Beignets. It has been ages since I had the Mickey-shaped Beignets.

Times goes by really quickly and with 30 minutes to go until the first show of F!, the viewing area is all filled up on our right hand side.

As well as the left hand side.

It was now 9pm and Fantasmic is about to start. I used the 70-300mm lens mostly for this show which I mostly use my standard lens for this show in the past. It was nice to be able to get the up close shots of the characters instead of the wide shots with the other lenses.

I also used my video camera and also attached my GoPro on top of the video camera with an extension so I can have two items at once. I put it on the tripod which I had my hands on my DSLR.

Mickey Mouse

Kaa the snake from the Jungle Book

King Louie and his monkey folloers

Pinocchio and the two female marionettes

Now it was the Peter Pan scene with the Columbia as the Pirate ship. This is where the telephoto lens come into play where I was able to get up close pictures with the characters.

Peter Pan vs Captain Hook

Wendy at the end of the ship battling two pirates.

Tick –Tock Crocodile

Captain Hook swinging around

That’s it for this post and continue on to the next post.

[post=51818814]Continue to the Next Updated Post[/post]​

[post=51818814]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 1 –June 23rd, 2014 – Part 6

Fantasmic! Part 2

Belle and the Beast

Ariel and Eric

Snow White and her Prince

The Wicked Queen

The old hag

Mickey

Versus Maleficent

Murphy finally arrived. As why I call it Murphy it is called Murphy by fans after the Murphy law when the dragon went through delays back in 2009 when it debut where it had some problems and it didn’t run during F!. I remember those days in 2009 when Murphy wasn’t running and just seeing Maleficent way high up. It is nice to see it work consistently after every show.

It’s getting hot here.

The Mark Twain is approaching.

There is Steamboat Mickey

Eric, Ariel, Beast and Belle on the bottom floor of the Mark Twain.

Cinderella

The Toy Story characters on top end of the Mark Twain

Sorcerer Mickey atop the tavern.

Mickey says “Some Imagination, huh?”

After F! was over and playing it’s exit music, we were still in the viewing area to wait for Magical: Disney’s New Nighttime Spectacular of Magical Celebrations. DAW enjoyed F! and she was glad that we waited for the first show where she got to take a nap and to be able to see F! that night.

[post=51818849]Continue to the Next Updated Post[/post]​

[post=51818835]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 1 –June 23rd, 2014 – Part 7

Magical Fireworks by the RoA

After the 9pm Fantasmic! show ended. In just a couple of minutes. The 9:25pm show of Magical: Disney’s New Nighttime Spectacular of Magical Celebrations started. I was behind on the first part of Magical since I was taking apart my video camera that was on the tripod and put my DSLR on so I can get the firework trails. I must have missed the first couple of minutes with Magical fireworks that night but I had the Tamron lens already to go for the fireworks with a Neutral Density 0.9 filter.

Watching from the RoA is okay where you can still see some of the fireworks from SB Castle but you will not be able to see Tinker Bell or Dumbo fly in this area unless you can see clearly through the trees.

Here are pictures from Magical that Monday night.

After the Magical fireworks was over, it was time for us to head on out of the park and call it for a night. I would have stayed a little longer that night to get more nighttime pictures but I was tired from the driving that morning to the afternoon.

We head straight on out of DL that night instead of stopping at my favorite place for dessert at the Tiki Juice Bar. When we went by it, there was quite a long line to get one that night and it was tough to wait that long that night since we were still a little worn out that day.

There were quite a number of people leaving DL that night just like us. It was nice to go back to the room and get some rest.

When we were heading on back to Fairfield Inn which is our hotel for the trip in which I mostly stay at the Best Western hotels. The only thing I didn’t like about FFI is that the elevators do take time even though there are four of them (three of them worked during our trip). It had so many young kids running around from the bottom to the upper levels. Even though we did enjoy the park view that we got during our visit, this might be the last time I will stay at FFI.

We called it for the night around midnight which we desperately needed.

The first part of the day got off to a rocky start with the ECV issue where we did miss the first show of Mickey’s Soundsational parade at 4pm in which we wanted to see the Frozen pre-parade before the 4pm parade. But at least it made it up with riding RSR that afternoon in which we didn’t even wait over 30 minutes. We were able to watch Pixar Play Parade which was nice. We got to eat at the Plaza Inn during lunch/dinner in which we haven’t done in quite some time.

The first part of the day is complete and will be the fun day on Tuesday.

[post=51851297]Continue to the Next Post[/post]​

Great close-ups of Fantasmic! I think I definitely prefer the telezoom for this show than the wider lenses.

You did really well with your pictures.

Interesting position for the fireworks. I miss the castle; but they are still great from this angle.

Bret, your shots of F! are the best I have ever seen. :thumbsup2 I am so impressed.

Is that the first time you've tried the Plaza Inn's fried chicken? Isn't it amazing?! Its my family's favorite meal. We just feel like we are in Disney while eating it. Only 150 days until we get to again. :faint: Your photos make me happy, I miss Disneyland so much. :goodvibes

What an action packed day you had! I agree your pictures of F! are Fantastic! We had the Plaza chicken this week too. Yummy.

TK

I'm finally caught up with the tail-end of your April trip and the beginning of the June one. Your pics are amazing. I loved the GoPro of BTMRR.

Great close-ups of Fantasmic! I think I definitely prefer the telezoom for this show than the wider lenses.

You did really well with your pictures.

Interesting position for the fireworks. I miss the castle; but they are still great from this angle.

Thank you PiO. The telephoto lens is the right choice of lens to use for F! unless you want to get some wide angle shots of the Columbia and Mark Twain during the show. Even though the telephoto lens is nice to use but it did come at where I can't even go as low as 70mm with it and it shows.

Thank you.

I have watched, videotaped and taken pictures from this spot for the fireworks. It is not the same where you watch the fireworks in front of SB Castle but at least you can still see the fireworks from backstage and from the castle.

Bret, your shots of F! are the best I have ever seen. :thumbsup2 I am so impressed.

Is that the first time you've tried the Plaza Inn's fried chicken? Isn't it amazing?! Its my family's favorite meal. We just feel like we are in Disney while eating it. Only 150 days until we get to again. :faint: Your photos make me happy, I miss Disneyland so much. :goodvibes

Thank you Jenny. It was nice to use the telephoto lens for this show.

I have eaten at the Plaza Inn during lunch/dinner. The last time I have ate there was about over 10 years ago. I was surprised that I haven't ate at the Plaza Inn for lunch/dinner during those times. But I have tried all sort of different quick counter restaurants at the DLR. The fried chicken was so good and I can't believe i waited that long to eat it again. It won't be too long till your trip in December.

What an action packed day you had! I agree your pictures of F! are Fantastic! We had the Plaza chicken this week too. Yummy.

TK

Nice to hear from you TK and hope you had a great time at the DLR.

Thank you TK. Glad to hear that you were able to eat at the Plaza Inn during your trip and like the fried chicken.

I'm finally caught up with the tail-end of your April trip and the beginning of the June one. Your pics are amazing. I loved the GoPro of BTMRR.

Nice to see you caught back up on the trip report Angela. Thank you. It was nice to get decent video of BTMRR with the GoPro and i have experimented with other rides like RSR and many more to come if I ever do it again on the other rides.

The next updated post will be up shortly.

[post=51818849]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 2 –June 23rd, 2014 – Part 1

Going down the River with the Children of the World

It was now the second day of the trip and it was our full day. We had a fun time on Monday where we were able to go on some rides that night and to be able to watch the nighttime shows at DL. Now it is a new day for the two of us at DL during the summertime.

It was around 6:45am when I got up but DAW was still tired from last night since she didn’t go to bed until 3am. She was still a little tired from last night where I was able to get enough rest. So I had no problem letting DAW sleep so I just relaxed until she got up later that day.

She got up around 7:15am and was all dressed up until 7:50am. It was a little late for us to get to the park during rope drop at DL or DCA.

We exited our hotel room on the sixth floor of FFI and headed straight on over to DL that morning.

A view from the 6th floor from FFI

The view photo of the rooftop Mickey Mouse.

Just when we were walking through the bus loading/unloading area, there was some work being done by the security check point area. Looks like some new paint is being added.

It was a little late that morning to get to the parks but it wasn’t that bad when walking into DL that morning.

Over at the alley right across from Café Carnation was the old location for the MS Lockers where it was closed down and being converted into the First Aid station.

Even though the first aid station was located right at the Plaza Inn as its original destination. But it will be here at the former locker area. The old first aid station location will be a new area when the park is busy and will be used as a new route when walking down MS is busy during the nighttime.

It will be sad to see the old location for the locker area at MS to go away but it will be used for a real purpose.

We were walking down on over to FL and we were walking by Alice in Wonderland and see that there is a lot of work being done that morning on the ride. The ride has been down for a while since it was under refurbishment since the April trip.

While walking on in FL, DAW wanted to ride It’s a Small World. She loves IASW and sometimes she also drives herself nuts with the ride. The good thing about riding IASW in the morning is that there is barely anyone to go on this ride first thing where it is a walk-on. There are times when riding IASW Holiday during the Christmas season that it can get really busy in the morning.

The wait time was only 5 minutes and we walk-on it immediately.

We were fortunate to get the front where it will be easy to get pictures during the ride.

[ur=https://www.flickr.com/photos/42656047@N06/14617217575/in/photostream]
14617217575_c81d919b7f_b.jpg
[/url]

After we got off IASW, we started to go onto our next destination. You would have guess that we would do something at DL that morning but we decided to go opposite of DL and head on over to DCA. Some of you are wondering why are we heading on over to DCA where we could do something at DL that morning when it was quiet. But we plan on getting some FP’s at DCA that morning where it will benefit us later that day.

So we jolted on out of DL and over to DCA. DL started to get some more guests in the park but we were heading on over to DCA instead.

[post=51851345]Continue to the Next Post[/post]​

[post=51851297]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 2 –June 23rd, 2014 – Part 2

Collecting FP's on the Railroad

After we left DL that morning after riding IASW, we are now heading on over to DCA that morning in order to get a pair of FP’s for World of Color and Radiator Springs Racers. It was nice to be able to watch WoC that night and to be able to ride RSR. But this time, we are getting our FP’s later that day in order to ride RSR when it is at night so DAW will be able to experience the ride at nighttime where she has experienced it during the daytime. We had to time it right since WoC starts at 9:45pm that night.

It wasn’t that busy heading on into DCA that morning where DL has a long line of people waiting to enter the park.

DCA is all decorated for 4th of July week which is about a week until our trip is over. It would have been nice to go back during Fourth of July week and see Disney’s Celebrate America: a 4th of July Concert in the Sky. I will consider that in the near future of when to see that firework show. I haven’t see it since 2007 on Fourth of July.

We first head on over to Grizzly Peak in order to get the WoC FP’s. Just like the April trip, WoC was only showing one show a night and it was the same time at 9:45pm. It was weird that WoC was only playing once a night instead of showing two shows a night. I can understand that the DLR is cutting the show down to one a night instead of two to cut the costs of using the fountain jets of WoC. There could be a lot of reasons why the DLR is cutting WoC to one show.

Even when coming around 9:25am and we were able to still get the blue FP for the 9:45pm show.

The Rushin’ River Outfitters store.

After getting the FP’s we head straight on over towards the RSR FP queue in order to get the RSR FP’s for later that night. When we got there, the return time was from 6pm to 7pm. It was not late enough to get the FP’s. From yesterday when we were waiting for Fantasmic!, it didn’t get dark till 8pm. So we decided to wait around the area until it got closer to 8pm return time for RSR.

While we were waiting, we head straight on over to Golden Vine Winery right next to the Blue Sky Cellar so we can used the restroom.

It has been a while now for the Blue Sky Cellar to be closed since the last update was about the New Fantasyland Faire at DL. It has been over one year since it closed and wondering what will the DLR do with this building since they could use it for something really neat.

We did wait a while until it was time to get the FP’s. It was around 10am when the return time was till 8pm. So we waited quite a while in DCA that morning to get the FP’s for RSR at 8pm.

After we got the FP’s for both RSR and WoC, we head straight on back to DL. We could have stayed a little longer in DCA but we did most of the rides yesterday and we had lunch at DL that afternoon.

Back over to DL in which we didn’t stay too long over at DCA.

It wasn’t that busy walking up on MS but it will get busy after 10am today.

We head straight on over to New Orleans Square to ride PotC until it was time for lunch. Unfortunately, the wait time for PotC was at 20 minutes and the extended queue was already out by the walkway. So PotC was put on hold that morning where there was quite a line to get on the ride even though it is the fastest loading ride at the DLR.

So we head on over to the NOS Railroad Station to ride the DLRR. It is one of my favorite rides at DL and still never gets old.

The Water Tower

The Ward Kimball Engine #5 along with the Excursion Car Set is pulling up to NOS station.

We rode the DLRR all the way around the park.

To Splash Mountain

Fantasyland

All the way to the Grand Canyon

To the Prehistoric era land of the dinosaurs

Arriving in Main Street Railroad Station

Across is DCA and passing by is Monorail Mark VII Blue.

And all the way back to NOS Station

After we got off the DLRR, we started to go onto our next attraction that day at the park. But that will be on the next update.

[post=51881197]Continue to the Next Post[/post]​

Great update Bret. Looks like you're all set for the night at DCA. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to during the day.

The lenses are really showing off your skill as a photographer. :thumbsup2

I have some more news. I just talked to my DB and his GF today. They are planning on going down south to SoCal to visit some friends, DB GF relative (who is going to Irvine) and going to the DLR later this month on the 26th to 28th. They ask if I wanted to go and I said yes. So I will be making another trip down south later this month. This is very exciting to go back down south to the DLR. This will be the third trip in four months (April, June, & July). We will still be planning on what to do those days. We will be staying at Best Western Pavilions which I have never stayed. It is on Katella Ave which is a few buildings down from BW Stovall's.

Wow, you're putting your AP to go use this year. Yay for a spur of the moment trip to DL.:thumbsup2

I have some more news. I just talked to my DB and his GF today. They are planning on going down south to SoCal to visit some friends, DB GF relative (who is going to Irvine) and going to the DLR later this month on the 26th to 28th. They ask if I wanted to go and I said yes. So I will be making another trip down south later this month. This is very exciting to go back down south to the DLR. This will be the third trip in four months (April, June, & July). We will still be planning on what to do those days. We will be staying at Best Western Pavilions which I have never stayed. It is on Katella Ave which is a few buildings down from BW Stovall's.

Yeah! It will be fun for you to visit DLR again this summer. Fun for us too because you share your adventures with us :goodvibes

Great update Bret. Looks like you're all set for the night at DCA. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to during the day.

The lenses are really showing off your skill as a photographer. :thumbsup2

Thanks PiO. Everything was all set up that night where we will get to watch WoC and ride RSR at night. It was a little tough that morning where we didn't get up early enough to get the RSR for for the morning. But since DAW never experienced RSR at night, this was the perfect opportunity to ride it. We did lose some minutes that morning just to get the right time for RSR. But it was worth it.

The telephoto lens that I rented was nice but it is not as powerful as the f/4 or f/2.8. I will try those out one day and I might get one of them.

Wow, you're putting your AP to go use this year. Yay for a spur of the moment trip to DL.:thumbsup2

Last year AP from June 2013 to 2014, I went on 7 different trips and the AP paid for it. It is just a start and many more to come in the near future. It will be nice to go back next week, now I need to start on planning on what to do.

Great news! Looking forward to your trip.

Thanks PiO. We are looking forward to this trip.

Yeah! It will be fun for you to visit DLR again this summer. Fun for us too because you share your adventures with us :goodvibes

Thank you TK. It will be nice to visit again but I would still prefer the holiday season over the summertime where it can be quite warm.

The next post will be up shortly.

[post=51851345]Last Installment on the Trip Report[/post]

Day 2 –June 23rd, 2014 – Part 3

Lunch at the Bayou & Frozen

After we rode the DLRR all around the park that afternoon, it was almost time for our lunch reservation. It was nice to be able to eat lunch at a specific restaurant at DL. DAW and I have ate at this restaurant in the past. For the DISers that have followed my trip reports in the past, can you guess what restaurant I am talking about? If you have guessed Blue Bayou you are correct.

We made the reservation a few weeks ago until the trip and we decided to have lunch at BB. It has been years since I ate at the BB during lunch where it was nice to have dinner. I also wanted to try a dish that was on the lunch menu at BB where it is not available during dinnertime. Also we got the earliest reservation time at 11:30am so we are able to get a waterside view of Pirates of the Caribbean. I have never got a spot right next to the waterside so this was going to be special to have lunch at BB.

While we were waiting for our reservation time, we went a little early to BB so we can guarantee our table at the waterside of PotC. It was around 11:15am when we head on over to BB. There were quite a number of people making reservations or checking-in. For people that want to eat at BB, I would recommend a reservation or you will be waiting a long time in NOS until you are seated.

Work continues on the exterior of Club 33

When we check-in at BB, we only had to wait 3 minutes outside until the CM took us in the restaurant. Luckily, we were able to get the waterside table at BB. It was nice to be able to get the table waterside during our lunch.

When we decided what to eat, DAW can only eat certain ingredients. So the manager came out and asked her what she can have in her dish and can’t have. That was nice that the manager at BB came out and took her order. The last time we ate at BB back in June 2013, the Sous Chef came out and took the order. This time it was the manager that took in the order.

Seeing the boats go by at PotC was very nice. We have watch boat after boat passing by the restaurant that afternoon.

It didn’t took too long until our food came out that day. I had the New Orleans Gumbo while she had the Blue Bayou House Salad which was ordered specifically for her.

For lunch, I had the Le Special de Monte Cristo Sandwich. I really wanted to try this version of the Monte Cristo at BB since I have eaten the Monte Cristo a lot at Café Orleans. When you look at the visual presentation of the Monte Cristo at BB, it looks completely different in presentation than at CO.

When I looked at the price between BB and CO, BB costs $8 more dollars eating at BB over at CO. But BB comes with the NO Gumbo where it costs $6 at CO. So if you get the Gumbo at CO, you are paying almost the same price for the Monte Cristo at BB.

DAW had the Royal Street Seafood Jambalaya. But it was changed dramatically. Instead of the Cajun-style dirty rice in the Jambalaya, it was changed with Pasta in it. I forget what else it was changed but that was the big difference.

The Monte Cristo at BB was so good and it reminded me of the one at Café Orleans. It was nice to be able to have the Monte Cristo at BB that afternoon. The Monte Cristo can easily fill you up quickly that I was only to finish half the plate. DAW enjoyed her custom Jambalaya that afternoon. She really loves the service at BB where the manager came out and took her order since she can eat certain ingredients.

After we finished lunch at BB, we decided to head on back to the room and get some rest since we have a lot of plans late that afternoon and night.

It wasn’t that full that afternoon when walking on out of the parks but the ride wait times were still high in the afternoon. When passing by Indiana Jones ride, the wait time was at 50 minutes. Even Jungle Cruise was in the 20 minute wait time while there were people on the second level of the queue.

We were out of the parks so we can get some rest until we head on back later that day. Monorail Mark VII Orange passing by on Harbor Blvd.

We got back to Fairfield Inn around 1pm and we took our afternoon nap until we head on back to the DLR. We plan on going back to DL later that afternoon in order to see the Frozen pre-parade float before the 4pm Mickey’s Soundsational Parade. We weren’t able to see the Frozen pre-parade float on our first day since we had trouble with the ECV. But this time, I was determine to see the float no matter what.

It was around 3pm and we started to get ready to head on back to the DLR and see the Frozen pre-parade float just before the 4pm Mickey’s Soundsational Parade. I packed all my equipment with me since we weren’t coming back later that night. So I brought my video camera, lenses and tripod with me.

We got in DL before 3:15pm and there were some people waiting on the curbs on MS for the 4pm Mickey’s Soundsational Parade.

The spot that we were planning on watching the parade was at IASW Plaza. We have watched the parade at IASW Plaza in the past and this is a nice spot to watch the parade when it comes from IASW. There are few people in this area when you compare to Main Street where people waited over an hour to get a curb spot. We only had to wait about 40 minutes at our spot. Since DAW had her ECV, we were able to get a good spot in the handicapped section.

We had to wait until it was almost time for the parade and the Frozen pre-parade float. So I tested out more pictures with the telephoto lens.

Mark VII Monorail Orange

Mark VII Monorail Blue

It was 10 minutes before Mickey’s Soundsational Parade, the announcement was made and the Frozen pre-parade float is now arriving. The music was “Let It Go” from the movie Frozen. It was just the music and without the words.

Here are pictures of the Frozen pre-parade of Anna, Elsa and Olaf that day while I used the telephoto lens.

Anna

Elsa

For some of you that know this float, it did look familiar at first. I knew about what float it was before it was converted to the Frozen pre-parade float. Yes, it was Mickey and Minnie Ice Rink float during “A Christmas Fantasy” parade during the holiday season at DL. I first was surprised that DL converted the Ice Rink float to the Frozen pre-parade float. I thought that they would create a new float instead of using an existing float while it is backstage until it was time for the holiday season at DL. It did make sense to use it where it is backstage somewhere with the other floats during the holiday season.

DAW was excited to see the Frozen pre-parade float and told me that DD4 would have enjoyed watching the float and seeing Anna and Elsa.

After the Frozen pre-parade float left, it was almost time for the 4pm Mickey’s Soundsational parade. I accomplished what I wanted to see that afternoon but DAW told us that we should stay around and see the parade while we have a great spot. It was perfect to use the telephoto lens and get up close pictures of the characters.

That will be it for this post and stay tune for the next update.

[post=51881212]Continue to the Next Post[/post]​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter