Sea lice or Jelly fish spray

We purchased the smallest bottle for our trip and had plenty for 2 people. Personally, I'd purchase before you go. Maybe do a free trial of prime on amazon for 2-day free shipping?

Nope. I already attempted that route. It's not an amazon prime item. It will arrive the day we board. I procrastinated too long. :blush:

It directs you to apply before entering the water so you would not be able to return an unused product. our past two trips were in mid May and we never experienced a problem at Serenity Bay.

I wouldn't return an open and partially used bottle! I'm talking about returning if we decided not to use it nor open extra bottles we purchse. That shouldn't be a problem at stores that have decent customer service. We might need more than one bottle too but I don't know for sure.

I have a boy that seems to always be the one to get into this sort of stuff, so I'll buy on the ship or port if I can't find a store the day before we leave.

Last edited:
It looks like the 2 pk of bottles of the spray is Prime delivery on Amazon, if that helps anyone. The regular lotion isn't Prime.

We ordered some from a FL online supplier and had it shipped to our resort. It never arrived. :( I will say that we swam all day at CC and luckily didn't have any issues. This was in April.

I ordered some from Amazon before our May cruise. Then I noticed they sold in on board (Fantasy) and on CC. If I remember correctly it was $8.99 a bottle. I am glad I had it though. On CC I got in some sealice and they got me in the one spot on my leg that I apparently didn't put Sea Safe on. Be careful not to miss a spot and put it under your bathing suit too! It is thick and a little hard to rub on.

They sell it onboard and on CC now? That's great to know. Thanks for the info, and so sorry that you missed a spot but it sounds like it was really good that you had some. I was very worried and so I ordered it, and I wasn't happy that it never arrived.

I am not finding this by searching Sea Safe spray. I only find one bottle and it isn't prime shipping.
I just went back to look for the link and it now shows as "currently unavailable." It was in stock when I posted earlier. I think this discussion may have generated some sales!

It comes up with either search on mine because I thought that was the problem but I get the same results as the order doesn't matter in searches. How I found the Prime shipping was by clicking on the quantity button under the price. I wanted to order two in the first place. If I don't use it all, I'll pass it onto some other cruisin' friends.

Heard it was not a problem on Castaway Cay if you stayed in boundary. My guess is they sweep or do some preventative measures to keep them out, not just for the guests but for the stingrays that live there.

No way to prevent sea lice because they are too small. As far as stingrays there are plenty in the Serenity Bay area. We had two swimming around near us close to the sandbar. I was snorkeling and following a fairly large one to get a photo.

They sell it onboard and on CC now? That's great to know. Thanks for the info, and so sorry that you missed a spot but it sounds like it was really good that you had some. I was very worried and so I ordered it, and I wasn't happy that it never arrived.

Yeah I felt a "stinging" feeling and got out of the water. When I got back to the ship to shower I had a few red spots and I could feel something on my skin (only on that spot I missed), almost like sand but not. I didn't use soap cause I was scared it would cause them to "fire" and sting me more so I rinsed real well with cold water and they come off fairly easy. No problems after that. :goodvibes Oh and this was in the snorkel area. We had already been in the water for a while looking for the sea turtles so we were tired and ready to get out anyway - this was just a incentive to do that. :laughing:

There were other jellies in the water too but I think they were just small moon jellies and I don't think they sting. You never know though.

Last edited:
Just got off the Dream this week. Snorkeled all day at CC and never had any issues.

I never have any issues when swimming in the carribean but my dd-21 gets so bitten and welty just sitting at the edge of thte water in a chair or on a float no matter what island we go to visit. I never saw this and Im going to buy it for our upcoming cruises.

Thank you.

We go in a few weeks on a Douple-Dip cruise at Castaway Cay. How long does the Safe Sea stay on? Do you have to reapply? I was stung/bitten last January on my wrists. I had no idea what it was until reading about sea lice (yuck)!

Last June we bought the Sea Safe from amazon and used it at Castaway. 45 minutes into the day people of all ages were complaining of being itchy, burning, etc. One ma had to go back to the ship for first aid in his eye. $16 was worth it for my kid to not have to go through this. It's also a sun block and as we are a pale family, the double duty made it worth it.

We go in a few weeks on a Douple-Dip cruise at Castaway Cay. How long does the Safe Sea stay on? Do you have to reapply? I was stung/bitten last January on my wrists. I had no idea what it was until reading about sea lice (yuck)!

It's like sun screen so you'd reapply it about every 80-90 minutes or depending on how much you are in the water.

Last June we bought the Sea Safe from amazon and used it at Castaway. 45 minutes into the day people of all ages were complaining of being itchy, burning, etc. One ma had to go back to the ship for first aid in his eye. $16 was worth it for my kid to not have to go through this. It's also a sun block and as we are a pale family, the double duty made it worth it.

Just ordered it! Got to love Amazon!

Can anyone verify if they do sell it on the ship or on CC? My one shipment to a resort never was delivered, so I'm reluctant to order from Amazon. And we travel with carry-ons only, so I can't take a bottle of liquid. And info would really be appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter