Sea bands for Sea Sickness

kriswin1

Earning My Ears
Do these bands work? we used bonine (i think that is how you spell it) on our last cruise in Jan. No sickness, but we were so tired. I even cut the doses in half and we took them at night. I am wondering if the bands work just as good.

thanks

kris

They worked for us. DH and I are not good sailors, we used the religiously for 2 cruises. But, I had to use them and Bonine one or two days. We are going on the DVC Member cruise in less than 2 months, and plan to have the bands, meds, and ginger this time. Plus we moved as far away from the engines as possible, since it was the vibrations of the engines that seemed to bother us the most. And, it is only a four night cruise, so we are willing to give it a shot!

I am a Sea Band convert! I had always taken Dramamine or Bonine on flight, cruises and long car rides. I even tried the patch on one cruise and the side effects were terrible.. On our last cruise I decided to give the bands a try on recommendation of a friend who happens to be a boat captain. I was amazed and will never medicate again!

Was on the Fantasy in December and had >20 ft seas all the way to St. Thomas. Bonine didnt help still got sick but I brought some seabands from the gift shop and didnt have any more problems. Even the entertainers were wearing them.

Yes they work and so does Ginger Candy or cookies if you get hit with a bit of queasy.

I also wore them on our excursions (Whale watching, SeaPlane and even when I was going up the mountain to do Ziplinning in Skagway) Never got Seasick. :goodvibes

Do they work? Well, as someone who gets car sick if you go in reverse too fast, I say no. Neither does dramamine or bonnine (sp?) for me. If you are really prone to motion sickness like me, they may not work. They didn't for me. The only thing that worked was the patch and man did it work.
I will never use anything else again.
If you just get a bit of the tummy thing, you might do ok. Many people swear by them and ginger pills.

I bought some on my last DCL cruise 5 years ago. I was sooooo sick when the waves were bad, and had tried pills, the stuff you rub behind your ear, and ginger. Our stateroom host recommended them, figured it was worth a try. When I put them on according to the instructions, I had no relief. When I ran into the host again later, she asked if I was feeling any better. She had me show them to her and moved the little ball around to my pulse point. I was feeling 100% within 10 minutes.

My 18 yr old swears by them. She hates that they look sort of geeky but says it is better than the alternative.

I swear by them and on my last cruise I recommended them to a woman who had motion sickness issues on the buses. She got them and she said that they made all of the difference. They do not work for everyone though.

My 18 yr old swears by them. She hates that they look sort of geeky but says it is better than the alternative.

I purchased some called Queasy Bands on Etsy. They are great for sickness and look like jewelry. Check them out :)

I have used them on every cruise so far. The first cruise I didn't put them on til I was already feeling sick with a migraine headache. I put them on and the nausea went away so I was able to go to sleep to get rid of the head ache. Since that cruise I have started putting them on the night before we get on the ship. Most cruises I have been able to take them off after the first night of the cruise after we have crossed the meridian which makes the seas rough on the way out of port. On our cruise last August a hurricane had just gone through the area and was working its way up the Gulf coast, but the Atlantic was still rough from it having been there. We went to Remy on our second night so I took the bands off since they didn't look nice with my formal gown. By the next morning I was wishing I hadn't taken them off because I wasn't feeling good at all. I put them back on and went to brunch at Palo. Between the rough seas and too much food, between Remy and Palo, I was still not feeling well by dinner. I ordered a salad & a Coke. Our server kept putting the menu back in front of me trying to get me to order more. It took some convincing before I got him to stop. There was no way I could eat anymore. By the next morning I was feeling fine and took the bands off. I was fine the rest of the cruise.

Do they work? Well, as someone who gets car sick if you go in reverse too fast, I say no. Neither does dramamine or bonnine (sp?) for me. If you are really prone to motion sickness like me, they may not work. They didn't for me. The only thing that worked was the patch and man did it work.
I will never use anything else again.
If you just get a bit of the tummy thing, you might do ok. Many people swear by them and ginger pills.

Where can you find the patches? My ds and I get wicked car sick so I want to make sure we have help for our cruise.

where do you get, and what is it called, the ginger candy pp spoke about? i want to combine band and maybe that. want nothing with meds.

They might have the ginger stuff at local pharmacies or health food stores. I have also seen that stuff on Amazon. I got Sea Bands for all of us for our upcoming cruise, plus I'm packing Bonine and kids Dramamine.

Does anyone know if the Sea Bands work for land sickness after a cruise? My DH tends to get that instead of sea sickness and I'm kind of hoping these might work for that, too.

I got ginger gum at Rite Aid. It was in the isle with the other motion meds such as dramamine, bonine ect.

I also get really motion sick and was looking into trying the sea bands. Something I'm wondering is how tight/loose to make them?

I also get really motion sick and was looking into trying the sea bands. Something I'm wondering is how tight/loose to make them?

I was thinking about making 'slip covers' for the ugly grey ones I have already. Just trying to figure out how. That way they would be the right pressure and still look nice. Just something to wear over them to cover them. Got to get my thinking cap on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter