Sea bands for Sea Sickness

I was thinking about making 'slip covers' for the ugly grey ones I have already. Just trying to figure out how. That way they would be the right pressure and still look nice. Just something to wear over them to cover them. Got to get my thinking cap on.

i was looking at one's on etsy where they decorate a strap type. think they are cute. still debating which ones to get.

I also get really motion sick and was looking into trying the sea bands. Something I'm wondering is how tight/loose to make them?

The regular Sea Bands are much like sweat bands. They're elasticized and will tighten themselves appropriately on your wrists. I'm not sure there's a way to make them looser or tighter, unless you stretch them out or something.

Do these bands work? we used bonine (i think that is how you spell it) on our last cruise in Jan. No sickness, but we were so tired. I even cut the doses in half and we took them at night. I am wondering if the bands work just as good.

thanks

kris

I was amazed at how well they worked for us. The meds did not. I always recommend sea bands to anyone who asks.

I was thinking about making 'slip covers' for the ugly grey ones I have already. Just trying to figure out how. That way they would be the right pressure and still look nice. Just something to wear over them to cover them. Got to get my thinking cap on.

I saw someone mention queasy beads that are quite stylish and still do the job http://www.queasybeads.com/. I plan to get a few for my upcoming trip. I am very susceptible to motion sickness and am worried about getting sick. Bonine makes me drowsy and I don't want to feel drugged during the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Ordered my set of queasy bands today for Aug 24 cruise. They actually have instructions on how to measure right on the site.

Ordered my set of queasy bands today for Aug 24 cruise. They actually have instructions on how to measure right on the site.

Did you order off Etsy or their website? I'm wondering if there is a better deal on one versus the other.

I think I'll get psi bands for my DH. He would prefer them over beads or sweatbands.

100AcreWood said, "......Where can you find the patches?...."

As a PP said, they are presciption only, but I had no issues having my doctor provide a prescription for 10 patches (Transdern Scop). My DH and I both use them with great success. The only side effect we experience is extreme dry mouth (primarily at night), but that's WAY better then being sea-sick!

We've used Dramamine & Bonine, but get "medicine head" and are very drowsy. We don't seem to have good luck with the sea bands either.

100AcreWood said, "......Where can you find the patches?...."

As a PP said, they are presciption only, but I had no issues having my doctor provide a prescription for 10 patches (Transdern Scop).

Wow! That's a 30-day supply right there. For those that are going to talk to their Dr. about it... Each patch lasts 3 days. I put the first one on the day before we sail and I take the last one off the night we get get ashore.

Stay well hydrated and the effects aren't as noticeable. They DO work well. Also, they aren't cheap. I have good prescription coverage and they cost me $10 per patch with insurance. They're not on most plan formularies. But they are the only thing that work for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter