SDMT Soft Opening Lookout Post

Well the whole CM thing is to practice loading and unloading etc. No doubt the "soft opening period" begins tomorrow. The next two weeks will be hit and miss I bet. I would miss for sure-because that is my luck:).

No doubt it starts tomorrow?

So that doesn't sound hopeful for soft openings while we are there. Sounds like tops of 4-5 days before opening....:(
he said they are scrambling to get to the 28th. Basically management set a date to light some fires and get it finished

he said they are scrambling to get to the 28th. Basically management set a date to light some fires and get it finished

I asked a CM last night (there were about eight of them standing at the ride's entrance), and that was pretty much what she said. She made it sound like there was still a lot to be done.

I asked a CM last night (there were about eight of them standing at the ride's entrance), and that was pretty much what she said. She made it sound like there was still a lot to be done.

That's not what you wanna hear! Reminds me of when we were waiting on soft opening for new Stat tours. It was running late for the announced date. BUT they still had soft openings. In I want to say the very last week before the official opening date.

We went for the opening but road it two days before during a soft opening.

Really anything goes. Because just like they needed to test with CMs they will want to train with some real guests at some point before the big opening date.

I'll be at MK Wed the 21st and Fri the 23rd for the 24 hour event. Crossing my fingers that they offer an AP or DVC event while I'm there!

If they are doing cast previews now (2 weeks prior to opening), I'm sure they are on schedule.

I'll be at MK Wed the 21st and Fri the 23rd for the 24 hour event. Crossing my fingers that they offer an AP or DVC event while I'm there!

If they are doing cast previews now (2 weeks prior to opening), I'm sure they are on schedule.
OOH yeah! I hadn't thought of that! We will be in the MK on the am of the 22nd and then for about 20 of the 24 hour party. We're DVC and AP holders too....I'll have to keep an ear to the ground for that. (besides reg. soft opening).

I'll be there May 20-24 so I'm really hoping for a soft opening. I did the AP soft opening of Toy Story Midway Mania but if I remember correctly that info was sent out to passholders way in advance. If not open, at least I will be back at the end of September!!!!!!

I'll be there May 20-24 so I'm really hoping for a soft opening. I did the AP soft opening of Toy Story Midway Mania but if I remember correctly that info was sent out to passholders way in advance. If not open, at least I will be back at the end of September!!!!!!

Same here... if it's not in soft open next week, I can look and drool.. then I'll be back in Oct for 2 MNSSHP and I'll definitely get to ride it then :)

We leave for our trip tomorrow so I am hoping to be able to ride it before the 28th (we leave on the 28th but have a FP+ and will visit MK that morning just to ride it).

:goodvibes

Here now. Only select CMs going in, but it's shut down right now so they are only going in to see it.

Looking at SDMT now. People are riding. I saw 2 empty trains followed by 2 trains of people followed by an empty train followed by more people. I am on the Be Our Guest bridge watching. The riders are screaming and smiling. I took pics of the people. Haha. One of the guys riding was wearing a suit.

Looking at SDMT now. People are riding. I saw 2 empty trains followed by 2 trains of people followed by an empty train followed by more people. I am on the Be Our Guest bridge watching. The riders are screaming and smiling. I took pics of the people. Haha. One of the guys riding was wearing a suit.

Haha! I was on that bridge too!!

Well I'm seated in the Grand Ballroom in the back wearing a gray Mickey shirt with DBF whose wearing a Star Wars shirt. Come say hi!!

Saw a photo of a CM with his ticket for Mine Train and was captioned that all riders on his train had to be evacuated. So, testing continues...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter