SDFP... Here now. Works! *Read Post #48 and Post #671*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I went to the MK with three SDFP bands. I made two FP reservations each at the City Hall kiosks immediately after the park opened. Used one but not the second, and was unable to make any more reservations for the three SDFP bands at any point on the MDE app, which asked if I wanted to attach tickets. What did I do wrong?

Yesterday I went to the MK with three SDFP bands. I made two FP reservations each at the City Hall kiosks immediately after the park opened. Used one but not the second, and was unable to make any more reservations for the three SDFP bands at any point on the MDE app, which asked if I wanted to attach tickets. What did I do wrong?
You have to use a kiosk to add SDFPs. The app only allows FP additions for Profiles where tickets are linked.

You have to use a kiosk to add SDFPs. The app only allows FP additions for Profiles where tickets are linked.
Ah. Good to know. I thought that once we initiated the bands at a kiosk we could use the website. Is that not true? I also assumed that with the MDE update we could use the app instead.

just so I'm clear: the only way to make any FP reservations for SDFP bands is through a kiosk?

Last edited:
the only way to make any FP reservations for SDFP bands is through a kiosk?
Correct. You can Modify or Cancel a SDFP by using the app or website; but, you can only book a SDFP via a kiosk.

Thanks! Good to know for next time. I still got two more fast passes than I would have otherwise had, and that alone was worth the effort!

I have an extra set of MagicBands that I'm planning on using for SDFP. If I use these three SDFP in MK, will I be able to go to a kiosik in HS and get another FP or does it have to be the same park?

I'm hoping the abillty to use SDFP continues to be available for our trip in October. When I planned to use old room and ticket cards under the old FP system years ago, they fixed the loophole right before our trip. Keeping fingers crossed that this is not a priority update on Disney IT's checklist.

I'm so glad I read this - I was able to rebook our trip this fall under a new MDE account so we can try to get SDFP with our old bands. Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread for all the info! :thumbsup2

I have an extra set of MagicBands that I'm planning on using for SDFP. If I use these three SDFP in MK, will I be able to go to a kiosik in HS and get another FP or does it have to be the same park?
As far as I know, yes. You will not be able to book while in MK for HS (it will show you need tickets) but should be able to go to a kiosk for the 4th (I have not actually tried this in another park because I rarely park hop but have tried booking a 4th after using 3 in the same park and gotten a 4th at a kiosk in the same park). Since my SDFP's then show in MDE, I'm fairly confident you would only be able to get 1 at a time in HS (not book 3 more) since it would know you had FPP's already that day. If anyone tries this, let us know!

Thank you! I plan on trying this, but won't be there until July. Maybe someone will test it before then.

I have an account with some old RFID (key to world) cards for the 4 profiles (family of 4).

I am trying to see if there's a way I could use this account (and the 4 existing profiles) for the phantoms, instead of a 2nd MDE account.

I'm thinking what I need to do is make the 4 current profiles the phantoms (change the names) and create 4 new profiles, with our correct names, to be the main ones (that will hold the hotel reservation as well as the park tickets).

My concern however is that now the primary (account holder) profile would not be a real person (would essentially be one of the phantoms).

What problems would that create? I believe I can still make a hotel reservation under someone other than the primary name (assign the profile that has my full/real name as the primary one on the reservation?). But given that profile isn't the one staying at the resort and will not have a ticket assigned to it, will that create issues with any of the MDE selections, room charges, FP app use for selections/changes, etc? What about if I need to contact guest relations for anything?

Last edited:
I'm late to the party! Is there a thread that explains SDFP's for clueless people such as myself? Planning a trip in late Sept. I understand the 4th FP after using up the first 3 but how do I get these other extra FP's being discussed?

Hi! I'm new to the SDFP but I have read the threads multiple times (including the original info thread many many times!) and I just want to clarify some things. I'm sorry if this has been asked, I just really want to make sure I do this right. We are going in June and my husband is already telling me it's not worth the headache (but I disagree!!!).

We went last June with family members. My parents, my brother, and my SIL all had separate rooms and tickets. My SIL is the only one who made an MDE account. Otherwise both my parents and my brother we managed on my main MDE account by me. They never made an MDE account. I just found (after much searching) the original ticket CARDS -not magic bands- that I had to link to their reservations. I can't find the magic bands and my mom is pretty sure she threw them away.

First, and most importantly, will these cards (not magic bands) work for SDFP?
Do I need to make a separate MDE account for them? Is it a problem that they are linked to my MDE account through friends and family?

On a related note, if this scenario doesn't work out and we purchase MB's and 'link them later' to a 2nd MDE account, will it still work for SDFP even though they are not linked to tickets? I know the original thread said it would work, but recently some people have been having problems and seeing an error message? I want to be sure it works before buying new MB.

Thank you so much for any help. I truly appreciate it.

My parents, my brother, and my SIL all had separate rooms and tickets. My SIL is the only one who made an MDE account. Otherwise both my parents and my brother we managed on my main MDE account by me. They never made an MDE account. I just found (after much searching) the original ticket CARDS -not magic bands- that I had to link to their reservations. I can't find the magic bands and my mom is pretty sure she threw them away.
First, and most importantly, will these cards (not magic bands) work for SDFP?
Do I need to make a separate MDE account for them? Is it a problem that they are linked to my MDE account through friends and family?

This is exactly how I do SDFP's. Mostly people who I've bought tickets for (friends, relatives, my sons' GF's, etc.) and I just keep their card and use it later to make a SDFP. Since they were at some point on my account I can then make changes through my MDE. The ones who you managed would be the same for you and the cards would work and you could make changes. For your SIL, you'd need to make sure that she changed her MDE account under Friends and Family to allow you to see "All" plans, not just "Shared" plans for you to be able to change hers through your MDE (once you made them at a kiosk). In my opinion, cards are much easier to carry and deal with than an extra set of MB's.

On a related note, if this scenario doesn't work out and we purchase MB's and 'link them later' to a 2nd MDE account, will it still work for SDFP even though they are not linked to tickets? I know the original thread said it would work, but recently some people have been having problems and seeing an error message? I want to be sure it works before buying new MB.
The issues with error messages are for bands that aren't linked to any MDE. You could either buy bands if you wanted (but no real reason to if you have the cards) and attach them now to the people already in your account (parents, brother, even SIL through her account) or you could attach the bands to an entirely new account with a new email - if you did this then you'd have 2 sets of possible SDFP's - the cards you already have and a set through the new bands. If you already have enough for the number of people in your current party to get regular and SDFP's though, a third set can be very confusing and not necessary at any park other than MK. In any case, there would be no real reason to buy the bands until right before you went (to make sure the loophole is still working) - you could create the extra MDE beforehand and add the band numbers to them either right before you left or even in the parks if you decided to buy them say after the first day.

Thank you so much for your quick reply!!

I am so excited this will work out! It doesn't even sound like it will be much hassle (no need for a second MDE or phantoms etc). :) My SIL's account shows up as
'can view all your plans.'
'can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos.'
which I'm pretty sure is what it needs to be at right? So that's it? These cards will be ok even though they aren't MB's? Awesome. :) Now to hope they don't close the loophole in the next 43 days. ;)

As for purchasing MB's that was just a thought if the cards don't work out. I definitely have no need for 3 sets of 3 FP's LOL. My kids want printed MB's, but IF I buy them I'll just link them to their normal accounts.

Thanks again!! I'm so appreciative!

I used two sets of 5 bands yesterday at AK to get SDFP for our party of ten.

Will share that the cast member manning the kiosk by Kali River Rapids did ask what I was trying to do. I just vaguely said trying to set up same day I just vaguely said trying to set up same date that messes. FP+. He didn't interfere, but watched me the whole time.

They worked great.
THANK YOU for all the info here.
Pulling up to HS right now.

:) My SIL's account shows up as
'can view all your plans.'
'can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos.'
which I'm pretty sure is what it needs to be at right? So that's it? These cards will be ok even though they aren't MB's?

Just making sure - the settings above are when you look at your SIL in your account? Or when she looks at you in hers? Because it's the latter that needs to be that way. It doesn't matter if you let her see all your plans; she needs to let you see all of hers.

Just keep following this thread to see if anything changes or feel free to shoot me a PM if you don't see updates since I'm in the parks fairly frequently and willing to test. I don't use SDFP's that often (mostly when someone is visiting and has only one day for example in the MK) but I'm always willing to check and see if it's still working. I'm sure if there is a major overhaul, there will be a ton of threads and comments in this subforum about it. But I am certain the cards will work - I've probably used SDFP's on 50 different days and never once used a MB for it. If you want to be triply sure, you can go in your Friends & Family and look and confirm that the cards you have for each person under their "MB's & Cards" match up in number (I write each name in Sharpie on the back if it isn't already). Good luck and have a great trip!

Just making sure - the settings above are when you look at your SIL in your account? Or when she looks at you in hers? Because it's the latter that needs to be that way. It doesn't matter if you let her see all your plans; she needs to let you see all of hers.

Those are the settings I see in my account. I will make sure to have her change hers so I can see all her plans. Thank you!!!

Do CM's say anything when you use a card for a FP+ when you're already wearing a MB? Should we take our bands off? Or do they not care? I've not seen many people using cards so I wasn't sure if it was something that made it super obvious what we were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter