Scott & Vinny: 13 days of Magic..UPDATED *NEW* 3/4 (The End)

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by scottny, Oct 21, 2012.

1. mickeyfan71

mickeyfan71 Mouseketeer

I'm still not sure I can stomach the balloon. Neat that you saw the fireworks though! I was looking at the video and thinking it must have been a really clear sky-I could see the stars in the sky. Then I realized it was just dust on my screen. :blush:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

I'm so glad the balloon is back. I Wii kd love to ride it again at night.

4. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

I am glad, thought you forgot about me. :)
    I would have bought her a walkman or discman or something.
    I love seafood. I could it any day and be so happy. Mostly scallops and shrimp.
    Yeah we did. I think we go back again later. LOL
    I am glad I did too being it was a goal to go up at night. It was pretty but it was high up there and I never let go of the railing. :lmao:
    You would have been fine.

I am sure you could. I have a fear of heights and it is just a matter of getting over it. Once on there is nothing that can be done. :rotfl2:
    It was.

it was fun a tnight.
    No the music was a cover band playing down below.

Thanks for looking. I was really happy I got to see the fireworks.
    I am going to miss it being we have now banned october for how busy it was. :lmao: Now though if Taylor Dayne is announced I might fly down.

I would think so but i could only make 1. :sad1:
    :lmao: Come on go try it.

You too.
    :woohoo:
    Night Ranger would be fun to see. :thumbsup2

You never know till you try.
    :rotfl2: that is funny. It was a clear night though.

me too.
    it was a fun experience.

5. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

All caught up! I cannot for the life of me understand how I missed those chocolate creations at the festival center. I was there at least 3 times I think.

WOW!

I agree that the concerts are a bit short, but so much fun. Glad you both enjoyed Cape May, what did you think of the Turf Club? I want to go on the balloon...hmmn I bet a bunch of my crew would be up for that on the next trip. Hmmmnn...cheaper than a fireworks cruise!

Were you not able to get her the DVC PAP as she was an adult and not living with you? I'd heard they were pretty strict on the same household aspect. Still, the FL AP is a very nice gift!!

6. scottny

:thumbsup2
    They were tucked in the back by the Chase lounge away from things so maybe that is how. They were incredible.
    They are fun.
    We love the Turf Club. Great place to eat and relax. On warm nights it is really nice outside to eat.
    Well you have to time it right for the fireworks and you won;t see them all.
    They were very strict about the PAP.

7. scottny

This was my most annoying day. We had a very important date to keep today and it would be a first for us all, Keys to The Kingdom Tour.

We got to the stop at 7:38am.
    [​IMG]

Family pic time.
    [​IMG]

At 8:19 we were passing this.
    [​IMG]

Now this is where I became frustrated and embarrassed. I really wanted to bury my head in the ground but it really was not my fault. I wish I could remember the name of the CM I spoke to on the phone.

Not sure of where to go Vinny went inside to ask. He came out and said they had no reservation for us. WHAT???? We then all go inside and the CM cannot find it. Then another CM came over (supervisor I assume) and took my name and left. She was back in a few minutes and said the tour was for tomorrow (Wednesday). I said that is not correct and I specifically made it for Tuesday because Wednesday we had tea set up and I was afraid of being late and it was the only time slot all week I could get for it. She said it was for then and said we could do that one or get a refund. I chose the refund and this turned out to be a good thing too. So we did not do the tour and I was really upset over it. I was so looking forward to it. They should really email you a confirmation of the tour and she agreed.

So what to do now? It is now 8:33 and MK opens at 9 so let’s head towards New Fantasyland and see how far we get. Lots of street and castle pics coming up.

8:34am on 10/16/2012
    [​IMG]

Next up. Wish the crane was not there.
    [​IMG]

Same for here too and the 2 people in it. LOL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shall we go inside the castle?
    [​IMG]

Looking back at Main Street.
    [​IMG]

Zoomed in look.
    [​IMG]

The moat around the castle.
    [​IMG]

Then I took some pics of the inside of the castle.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bippity Boppity Boutique.
    [​IMG]

Nice of him to let us know.
    [​IMG]

Now we were on the other side of the castle and here is a look at it from the back.
    [​IMG]

Get that photo. LOL
    [​IMG]

At this point we have reached the area that they blocked off. We waited but it really wasn’t too long before they let us in.

A look at Fantasyland deserted.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is one of my favorite pics.
    [​IMG]

Then they let us loose. Okay we had to follow them in an orderly fashion but along the way we saw.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was the first time I saw them. We did not stop as we had other places to go.

Like here.
    [​IMG]

Up next,

Again we go under the sea.

8. nowellsl

nowellsl <font color=purple>my car finds out everytime I ha

Great shot! You got some really good pictures!

9. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

We went the chase lounge but did kind of skip thru the chocolate part before it, bummer! I'm excited to try Turf Club.

10. tazdev3225

tazdev3225 <font color=darkorchid>I sucked my thumb up with t

Vinny's granddaughter is very cute and he looks like a happy Grandpa.

That really stinks about the tour and they should email confirmations for all resies. I worried that there would be a screw-up with BBB and Pirate League when we went down in August. I wrote the numbers down and the times but you never know if they have it right on their end.

The missed tour gave you a chance to get some really great empty park pics though. :thumbsup2

11. Lesprivate

Lesprivate DIS Veteran

That is a bummer you would have liked the tour but there is always the next trip.

12. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

What a shame that you weren't able to do the KTTK tour!! Unfortunately, that is a good cautionary tale to always have your confirmation numbers with you though!

13. AnnaS

AnnaS DIS Sponsoor/Veteran

Too bad you missed the tour Scott. Something similar happened to us about 10 years ago when I thought I had reserved horse back riding and when we got there, found out it was the wrong day. Next time. You have to do it!

14. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

oh how frustrating about the tour! I agree, the lack of email confirmation really bugs, annoys and terrifies me all in equal measure as I"m never convinced things are actually booked.

I've had several of these now and while all have been fine (Wild Africa Trek, Backstage Safari and a few of the culinary seminars) it still seems crazy that they can't generate an email. I know MS is a middle man, which is why I don't do dining through them but if you want your DVC discount, you have to use them

I'm terrified there will be an issue with my PAP. I know I was charged but all I have is a number and the assurance it's noted with my member number when I go to pick up.

NEXT December.

Ugh.

15. PrincessAlways

PrincessAlways DIS Veteran

Next trip for the KTTK Tour.....reason to go back!! :rotfl:

Never too many castle pics!!!!!!! :goodvibes

16. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Fabulous pictures in this update!

Too bad about KTTK tour, but you will be able to enjoy it on your next trip. It's a really great tour.

17. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Sorry about the KTTK mixup Scott :hug: I would've freaked :eek: Next trip for sure, right? ;)

18. FauntleroyFAN07

FauntleroyFAN07 Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

what nerve of people getting in your castle picture i would have smacked them upside the head.:)

sorry to hear about the reservation confirmations...to bad they couldnt just add a few more to the tour wonder if they were that booked for it.

19. scottny

Thank you.

That is too bad. I hope you enjoy the restaurant. If it is nice out sit outside.

She was called Princess a number of times and she is 18. :rotfl2:
    Even if I had the number would not have mattered as the mistake was done on the phone a month before going.
    Yes it did.

Yeah. I think maybe in December.

Yeah but we will do it soon.
    Having the number would not have mattered as the problem was with the booking done a month earlier. Either way it would have had the same result.

We will do it soon.

If I had an email with a date and day I would have been fine. I did send them an email asking them to fix it and send emails.
    :lmao: my PAP is fine being we used it there. Did you get a voucher?

:thumbsup2 so true but I think it will be December.
    :)

Thank you.
    We will definitely enjoy it soon.

It annoyed me and embarrassed me more.
    Definitely.

20. scottny

:lmao: my feelings exactly.
    they would have put us in but it was all booked up for the day.

21. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

No. I bought it over the phone from member services. I couldn't buy it online as I wanted to use a gift card. Member Services just gave me a confirmation number and assured me it's attached to my member number but it freaks me out, you'd think they could email a confirmation, send you a link to download the voucher, something. I have the number, my method of payment and proof that they took the payment off of it but it makes me incredibly nervous.