Scotland Meets Thread (formerly Scotland: A Brave Adventure)

Yes, can I please put in an order for NO RAIN during June ;) Looking forward to Edinburgh but especially the Highlands. And for those in Scotland, are these 'midge' things I have been reading about bothersome in June?

Midges are lethal! Bit like Mozzies. When my daughter went to school camp, we recommended Avon So soft spray

Had a look on the US version and you seem to be able to get something similar. It definitely stopped her getting any bites. Will need to order some for my son in the Summer when he goes.

Yes midges are very annoying little creatures! As previously mentioned Avon skin so soft works great for keeping them away

Midges are lethal! Bit like Mozzies. When my daughter went to school camp, we recommended Avon So soft spray

Had a look on the US version and you seem to be able to get something similar. It definitely stopped her getting any bites. Will need to order some for my son in the Summer when he goes.

Thanks! I will look for some.

Can't believe we are almost at the 3-month mark for the Aug. 4 departure. I booked a private tour of St. Andrews and the fishing villages of Fife for one of our pre-days. Getting so excited.

Can't believe we are almost at the 3-month mark for the Aug. 4 departure. I booked a private tour of St. Andrews and the fishing villages of Fife for one of our pre-days. Getting so excited.

We started doing the happy dance once we hit double digits to departure :banana: Oooh! That sounds pretty cool! I'm looking forward to hearing about your pre trip tour since we are on the same departure date.

I knew it was close when I received my final payment reminder email--ugh. Once I get over the pain of "d-day," I'm sure my excitement will start ramping up, LOL. We also booked a private tour of Fife/St. Andrews/Scone, but for after the tour.

Can I ask who you guys are doing the private tours with? We are on the fence about just renting a car to go out there or finding a tour for a day trip to the area.

Our tour starts one month from today!!!! Getting really excited :banana::banana: Just have a few post-tour details to finish up, then it's time to start thinking about what to pack!!! :yay:

Our tour starts one month from today!!!! Getting really excited :banana::banana: Just have a few post-tour details to finish up, then it's time to start thinking about what to pack!!! :yay:

You are so lucky! You have to promise to report back here ASAP, LOL. I haven't seen any trip reports so far, and I'm *dying*!

So excited for you! Please don't forget to post here and tell the rest of us impatiently waiting all about your trip!

I'll try to post some thoughts during the tour and do a trip report afterwards. We are going to Ireland for a week after Scotland so I won't be able to do a report right away but as soon as we get back I will get it done :)

I'll try to post some thoughts during the tour and do a trip report afterwards. We are going to Ireland for a week after Scotland so I won't be able to do a report right away but as soon as we get back I will get it done :)

Wonderful! Can't wait to hear all about it. Thanks :)

Would also love to know what you think of Ireland. We are seriously contemplating an Ireland trip in the next couple of years.

Hi everyone, I'm another Scot so I thought I'd just pop in and say that if anyone has Q's etc I'm more than happy to help. I live on the West Coast of Scotland now, but am originally from the East Coast :)

Has anyone else received the package yet? I'm looking at our guide and noticed the change of Stirling Castle instead of Edinburgh Castle for certain dates in July and August in the details of the itinerary. Our tour is in June but its still listed as Stirling castle of the itinerary. I was curious if it was just a typo on mine....

Mine says the same thing too. I was excited to see Stirling Castle but I think from the dates listed we will probably have our farewell dinner at Edinburgh Castle.

Hi everyone, I'm another Scot so I thought I'd just pop in and say that if anyone has Q's etc I'm more than happy to help. I live on the West Coast of Scotland now, but am originally from the East Coast :)

Thanks!

Has anyone else received the package yet? I'm looking at our guide and noticed the change of Stirling Castle instead of Edinburgh Castle for certain dates in July and August in the details of the itinerary. Our tour is in June but its still listed as Stirling castle of the itinerary. I was curious if it was just a typo on mine....

I'm a little confused by the changes in the itinerary--we are on the August 4th tour. Could you give a little more info about what the guide says?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter