School's Closing Early? Let's Do Disney in December! 12-10

I got some Mickey and Minnie window clings at walmart! :goodvibes Christmas themed of course! I think they were only 1.50? I think I'm going to go back and get some more! I just Love them! And your classroom is awesome! And Smartboards are cool. My school got them as I was leaving. Oh well....:confused3

So it was a great Disney Friday...(when I play Disney music at the beginning of my classes while the kids do their warm-up...) At one point Soarin was playing, and the kids asked about it. I closed my eyes and explained that at that point in the song, I am Soarin over the water, smelling pines, trying to kick the water with my feet...:goodvibes One of my students had a wide grin as she knew exactly what I was talking about!

I think they need to find a way to spray a light mist at our feet when we go over the ocean waves. :thumbsup2 That would be so cool!

I am headed to both Walmart and Target today. I have the large red Mickey head bowl, and I use it throughout the year for school and church things and for our Disney parties at home, but I might have to grab a new item this year. I am sort of leaning toward the glove plates, since they could be used not just seasonally. I may look and leave with nothing, though, since I know I would rather have the money for some Christmas things from the 'real' Disney World next month.

Back to update, I ended up going to Kroger instead of either Target or Walmart, and they had some Disney Christmas items. I bought two rectangular trays and a tree skirt. I'll put pictures up on the TR later.

Love all the Target Mickey Christmas items! :thumbsup2 Yay on being strong and not purchasing anything.

Your description of Soarin had me right back at Epcot on the ride. Yay on getting a smartboard...I have used one quite a few times and they sure are the best!

Love the pictures of your classroom! I loved your description of Soarin...took me right there!

I cried when you were talking about your smartboard and wanting to call your dad:sad1: I did the same thing the day I found out about my promotion...how many times we go to pick up the phone....I wonder how long that lasts:confused3 I sometimes wonder if it ever goes away:sad2:

I can't believe in 35 days you're back at our happy place! I am really looking forward to all the new TR's that will be coming up...as you know, no trip for us until 2013:sad2:

Hope you're having a great weekend:hug:

I got some Mickey and Minnie window clings at walmart! :goodvibes Christmas themed of course! I think they were only 1.50? I think I'm going to go back and get some more! I just Love them! And your classroom is awesome! And Smartboards are cool. My school got them as I was leaving. Oh well....:confused3

I will have to check out Walmart this week before the clings sellout!
Thanks...technology is awesome and ever so quickly changing.

I think they need to find a way to spray a light mist at our feet when we go over the ocean waves. :thumbsup2 That would be so cool!

I am headed to both Walmart and Target today. I have the large red Mickey head bowl, and I use it throughout the year for school and church things and for our Disney parties at home, but I might have to grab a new item this year. I am sort of leaning toward the glove plates, since they could be used not just seasonally. I may look and leave with nothing, though, since I know I would rather have the money for some Christmas things from the 'real' Disney World next month.

Back to update, I ended up going to Kroger instead of either Target or Walmart, and they had some Disney Christmas items. I bought two rectangular trays and a tree skirt. I'll put pictures up on the TR later.

We don't have a Kroger. DH send me a picture of a caroling Mickey at our Giant. If it had a Minnie too, I might have told him to buy the set.

I'll report on my finds at Walmart later this week; I also heard Walgreens has some items, so I will have to head there too.

Love all the Target Mickey Christmas items! :thumbsup2 Yay on being strong and not purchasing anything.

Your description of Soarin had me right back at Epcot on the ride. Yay on getting a smartboard...I have used one quite a few times and they sure are the best!

Soarin :cloud9: I have limited cabinet space and can't stand clutter so refraining was easier than you might think.

I am enjoying the smart board and will be really excited when I totally know how to use it!

Love the pictures of your classroom! I loved your description of Soarin...took me right there!

I cried when you were talking about your smartboard and wanting to call your dad:sad1: I did the same thing the day I found out about my promotion...how many times we go to pick up the phone....I wonder how long that lasts:confused3 I sometimes wonder if it ever goes away:sad2:

I can't believe in 35 days you're back at our happy place! I am really looking forward to all the new TR's that will be coming up...as you know, no trip for us until 2013:sad2:

Hope you're having a great weekend:hug:

It sucks...but then I try to just think of what his reaction would be. Then, I can smile. I am so blessed. I was blessed to have him as a dad. My parents made it a point to tell me how proud of me they were especially as an adult. (I don't think I did too many things for them to be proud of as a teen...:rolleyes1) (okay, clean up the tissues...;)

We did have a great weekend...more on that soon.

Finally, the girls' soccer team put a W in their column! A big one at that. They finally came together as a team and won 4-0! :thumbsup2

Then, they had another game Sunday and tied 1-1. Our goalie totally bungled and the ball rolled in...in. slow. motion. Both of my girls played so well. They found their mojo. This game was much tougher. They began with one sub. Then, one of our goalie's popped her knee, and off to the hospital, she went. (poor kid just returned from a broken foot - non-soccer related.) Then, the girls had no subs for the second half. They played hard, and it was the last game of the season...we are super excited for indoor!

i-w4VMQSr-M.jpg

Okay, so 32 days ---I have much planning to do!

I was able to work in all of the holiday details into my touring plan. I will tell dh and the girls, my plan is to do this now, if you want to join me okay, if not I'll meet the three of you. This was the agreement dh and I decided would work best.

Now, I still need to work in when I am going to run. I can't take six days off, and what better place to run than Disney?

Although the USPS and I are not on the best of terms right now (they delivered a package to Texas instead of Tennesse, and they are overworking my dh!), they did bring me a bit of magic the other day...

i-2hTCQfG-M.jpg

My gf and I worked out her dining- I was able to score 1900 for her. (It is more exciting than mine as she has a nearly 5 year old!) She is doing 1900 Park Fare dinner, Tusker lunch (they start characters on 12/4), Cinderella's Royal Table, Hollywood and Vine (Einstein characters), and Tony's.

Our dining is 1900 Park Fare dinner, Tusker lunch (w/ characters) but I am still trying to change this to breakfast, and Cape May buffet. I still need one more table service, but I am having a hard time fitting it in! Even if we use this table as a counter service, I know we will still be ahead with the dining plan, so I am okay with it.

Well, it is getting late, and I better turn in...the morning comes rather early around here!!

:woohoo: on the girls winning a game!!

Yay on getting some Disney magic - hope that helped in your relationship with the USPS!

Finally, the girls' soccer team put a W in their column! A big one at that. They finally came together as a team and won 4-0! :thumbsup2

They played hard, and it was the last game of the season...we are super excited for indoor!

Although the USPS and I are not on the best of terms right now (they delivered a package to Texas instead of Tennesse, and they are overworking my dh!), they did bring me a bit of magic the other day...

Congratulations on the big win! :cheer2:

Indoor is fun - so fast and exciting, lots of scoring, and best of all when the cold wind is blowing.....indoors. :upsidedow

Texas instead of Tennessee? :sad2: Interesting.
We will have to put jenjolt on the super sleuth path to find it. She's from Texas. I'm sure she can find it. :thumbsup2 If you never track it down, I sure hope they compensate you for your postage.

:woohoo: on the girls winning a game!!

Yay on getting some Disney magic - hope that helped in your relationship with the USPS!

The plot thickens with USPS...I do have a fondness for them; they do help fund our Disney vacations....

You got your ME stuff already?! :scared1: I havent gotten mine!! :scared1: Ohh no.

ruh-roh... 1-866-599-0951

Congratulations on the big win! :cheer2:

Indoor is fun - so fast and exciting, lots of scoring, and best of all when the cold wind is blowing.....indoors. :upsidedow

Texas instead of Tennessee? :sad2: Interesting.
We will have to put jenjolt on the super sleuth path to find it. She's from Texas. I'm sure she can find it. :thumbsup2 If you never track it down, I sure hope they compensate you for your postage.

Thanks - the win was sweet...the girls are back to playing like they were in the rec league (when they won all the time...:rolleyes1) Hopefully, the team will do well in indoor. And the indoor winter weather should make for good cheering...:cheer2:

Okay, so dh talked to a clerk at the post office. He said it was delivered to a business in Texas...so I asked if they had the number so I can call and ask where they put my package ...:lmao:

Then, I thought something was strange because the zip codes are so different. I did not mix it up that much! I looked at dates, and I decided that something else was mailed to Texas. (Something that should have been...:confused3) The date of shipping was 9/22. I didn't have them wrapped to go until after the final voting for the Disney classroom was complete.

Dh didn't mail them right away either, so now I am trying to figure out what day he mailed them...:thumbsup2 I think I was worried they might arrive while you were away.

Therefore, I would say, they should arrive soon!:wizard::lmao: I am so smart...:sad2:)

Dh didn't mail them right away either, so now I am trying to figure out what day he mailed them...:thumbsup2 I think I was worried they might arrive while you were away.

Therefore, I would say, they should arrive soon!:wizard::lmao: I am so smart...:sad2:)

Well at least now, with school having calmed down a bit, I will have the brain to know when they do get here. I'm telling you, for a couple of months there, and especially for about three weeks of that two months, I think a big, wrinkly, gray elephant and maybe a baby elelphant or two could have been roaming around in my house and I wouldn't have even noticed. I was totally fixated on/obsessed with everything having to do with evaluations. I told Jill I was going to feel like a complete fool if that box had come and I had stuck it somewhere and didn't even know it! :upsidedow

Great picture of those two dolls!!

:woohoo:for posting a win.....:thumbsup2

Nothing I love seeing more than Mickey Mail! Your trip will be here before you know it!!;)

Hurray for the girls winning a game!

Love the pics of your classroom -- all of our math teachers have Promethean boards, and they love them.

He he! Those stormtrooper and Darth mugs are something else! I wonder how I would feel drinking out of them. :laughing:

Well at least now, with school having calmed down a bit, I will have the brain to know when they do get here. I'm telling you, for a couple of months there, and especially for about three weeks of that two months, I think a big, wrinkly, gray elephant and maybe a baby elelphant or two could have been roaming around in my house and I wouldn't have even noticed. I was totally fixated on/obsessed with everything having to do with evaluations. I told Jill I was going to feel like a complete fool if that box had come and I had stuck it somewhere and didn't even know it! :upsidedow

I can't imagine the stress of all of it. I am fortunate because my principals don't need to do those types of evaluations. I will only be sad if the package doesn't arrive because I know they would be an asset to your classroom.

Great picture of those two dolls!!

:woohoo:for posting a win.....:thumbsup2

Nothing I love seeing more than Mickey Mail! Your trip will be here before you know it!!;)

27 days!!!

Hurray for the girls winning a game!

Love the pics of your classroom -- all of our math teachers have Promethean boards, and they love them.

He he! Those stormtrooper and Darth mugs are something else! I wonder how I would feel drinking out of them. :laughing:

The win was sweet!

The shape didn't seem conducive to drinking, but the mug might make a great pencil holder!

Our trip is fast approaching, so what have I been doing to prepare?

Disney Friday showed up in class again (upon request, actually...I get so wrapped up in what we need to do, I forget to turn it on.)

I went and had my roots touched up (which I will probably need again before Disney...those darn grays!) and on my way home, I hit Walgreens to see what Disney offerings they had!

I picked up these beauties for my bff's 4-1/2 year old...

i-MXMxSv6-M.jpg

I also found this for her to wear during an evening event or two...

i-Bdvcksv-M.jpg

I found fun window clings to decorate our resort windows...

i-GF2npTF-M.jpg

I saw these adorable little talkers, but I had to say no to something...

i-V5JvWWg-M.jpg

But the big purchase of the evening was the 4-1/2 foot blow up Mickey... I text this picture to dh and said, Mickey or both. He replied Mickey...

i-ZKSPhWJ-L.jpg

This morning the girls and I went to the eye doctor to pick up my new glasses...

i-HtGpD6h-M.jpg

Enjoy the picture, you won't see me wearing them very often. I don't see well, so contacts are my friend. Since my other pair is six years old, it was time to get a new pair for when my contacts and I aren't speaking...

In the car, I was playing Disney music, and O Canda came on. My one daughter complained about the music, and when I told her that it was from the Canada movie, she quickly changed her tune. :rolleyes1 (what a great pun) (Both girls adore that movie!) She listened and then asked, "Mom is she singing Canadian??" :rotfl2: I told her no, it was French. In Canada some people speak French and others, English. (But the French speakers most likely all speak English too.)

Tonight, I am headed to nearby outlets (30 min) away. The Disney store is opening there tonight! My bff was supposed to come, but she isn't feeling well (kidney stone is lodged...and she is having surgery on black Friday.) I'll check with her after dh comes home to see if she feels any better. I hope she is so she can go with me. If not, it's okay. I have some Christmas shopping to do since I am trying to get it all finished in the next 26 days! (We fly out on day 27, so no time to shop or wrap then!)

Yay for Walgreens goodies!!!

My mom picked me up a light up Mickey to hang on the window of my apt :)

I'll have to go look at those clings..but since we're staying at AKL, I'm not sure if it's worth it but I could still put them up in my apt!

Love those ears! Sure beats the ones I got at MK for $8 (CM discount price)!!

We got our DME stuff as well but we're still waiting on the MYW package with luggage tags and we're under the 30 day window so I'll be calling by Wed if it doesn't arrive!

LOVE the new glasses...but then, you always look gorgeous!:hug:

That inflatable Mickey is so cute! The people across the road from us went all out this year and have a 10 foot inflatable snowman and a helicopter with Santa in it...I just love those things!

I am so happy your friend is getting her surgery....fingers crossed all goes well.

"Is she speaking Canadian":lmao::rotfl2:that cracked me up! Too darn cute!

Love the things you picked up for your bff's child - hope she enjoys them :cutie:

Yay on getting the window clings and Mickey!

I think the new glasses look great - hope you had fun Christmas shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter