Scared Silly But Loving It

Wow, that water looks rough! Glad you were still able to have a good time :)

Nice that you saw Frozen on the ship, I wasn't too sure of it in the beginning but it turned out to be a great movie.

I too am partial to the nose nuzzling picture, very cute :)

The new show in AP sounds beautiful.

I am really enjoying your trip report! My husband and I will be on The Fantasy 4 weeks from today and your report is adding to my excitement. I love all the photos. We are going on this cruise without our daughter. I think I have decided to purchase the photo book instead of the cd. Did you see any of those at Shutters? If so, did you notice if they were a good quality?

I hope you will have a wonderful time on the Fantasy. We have yet to experience the two new ships.

I did not see the photo books, but then I did not look for them either. I prefer having my photos in digital format.

Wow, that water looks rough! Glad you were still able to have a good time :)

Nice that you saw Frozen on the ship, I wasn't too sure of it in the beginning but it turned out to be a great movie.

I too am partial to the nose nuzzling picture, very cute :)

The new show in AP sounds beautiful.

That water was quite something on that day.

I was not sure about Frozen either, but I absolutely loved it.

The new Animator's Palate Show is wonderful. You are in for a real treat on the Transatlantic Cruise. You will also get the second show on that cruise.

Corinna

Day 16

All over sudden our last day on the Magic was there. We had a bit of a lie in as we did not really have any plans until our Palo brunch. We got up shortly after 9:30 and got ready. Graham wanted to go around the ship and take some photos. I wanted to see Stitch and then Santa. We both went our separate ways and agreed to meet back at the cabin before our Brunch.

I headed straight to deck 4 where Stitch was due out shortly. I was not sure if he would still have a photographer with him so I brought my own camera just in case. This was just as well as there was no photographer in sight. There were not many people around either so I got some real quality time with Stitch.

Once I had said goodbye to Stitch, I headed down to the atrium. I took a few photos and then got in the line for Santa. The line was probably the longest line I had encountered all cruise and did not move very quickly. They had set up ropes with various switchbacks. This is something that I had never encountered on a cruise before. There were also some totally out of control children in that line with parents who did nothing to rein them in. Eventually it was my turn to get my photo with Santa and despite the hassle getting it, this makes a nice souvenir.

I went back up to deck 4 and took some photos of the atrium from the little balcony by the midship elevators. I then headed towards the shops and the theatre to take some photos of this area. I really like what they have done with the shops and also with the area between the shops and the theatre.

By the time I was done with this, a line had started to form for Captain America. That line was much shorter than the previous day, but again there was no photographer present. The cast member that was with Captain America was only too happy to take photos with my camera.

I still had plenty of time so I took a wander around deck 9 to take some photos and then did a second Fish Extender run. I had made tie clips with gold Mickey heads to go with the cuff links for the men, bookmarks with crystal Christmas trees for the women, bookmarks with crystal snowmen for the girls and zip pulls with crystal snowmen for the boys. After I had finished my delivery, I headed back to the cabin to put some shoes on. Graham was already there getting changed for Palo.

We went to Palo a little early, but our table was ready. As soon as we were seated, Susanna came to offer us a complimentary drink. Graham had some Prosecco and I had a Kir Royal. We also both had some iced water with lemon. Susanna asked if we wanted the guided tour and we declined. We had brunch at Palo often enough to know how it works. Graham headed for the seafood and had some crab legs, scallops, shrimp and tuna. I had some melon with Parma Ham and some sweet nut bread. We then ordered a pizza to share with half Spicy Italian Sausage and half Red Grape and Cambozola. I also ordered a chilled strawberry soup and Graham headed back to the buffet for some cold cuts, bread and cheese. I then ordered my favourite, the Chicken Parmigiana with Risotto. Even though I had paced myself, I could not finish this. Graham ordered the Seared Tilapia with Asparagus Risotto and really enjoyed this. He had some Panna Cotta and some White Chocolate Covered Strawberries for his dessert. I had not really room for dessert, but could not resist the White Chocolate Covered Strawberries so I had a couple. We also both had some coffee.

I knew that they had made some changes to Palo, but could not figure out what they were. I asked Susanna and she pointed out that Palo finally has been given some of the Venetian poles that it was named after and they also changed the floor. Now that she pointed it out, I realized that it was absolutely stunning. I took a few photos and then we paid.

We were so stuffed that we decided to have a nap. When we got back to the cabin, there were a lot of goodies on the bed. Michelle must have given them to our stateroom host. We got two Mickey head bowls that are now used as fruit bowls in our house, Mickey hand side plates, a recordable Disney Story book, some Christmas decorations that went on our tree as soon as we got home, two money boxes that you can use in the water, a keyring lanyard and some great Christmas socks. I am sure there was more as well. This was such a lovely surprise. Once I had admired everything, we settled down for a nap.

We had set a wake up call for 16:30. When we woke up, we had to take care of my least favourite part of the cruise: the packing. Still, this did not take to long. We pretty much just made sure that everything was in a suitcase. Graham was going to do some laundry at the Beach Club Villas so we put all the laundry and odds and ends in one case and all the clean stuff in another and planned on reorganizing everything at the Beach Club. When I stepped out of our cabin, I found a Magical Moments Certificate and a folder with some stock photos behind our fish. This was from the Shutters photographers. This really made my day.

Once we were all packed, we had another wander around deck 10. I was still toying with the idea of trying out the Aquadunk, but it was quite cool and windy and this was a welcome excuse to chicken out. We then went to Shutters. Graham had not seen all the photos yet. I wanted to make sure that they were all on the kiosk and would therefore make it onto the CD. We also needed to choose two prints that we got as a Platinum perk. This was so difficult this time round as they were all so fabulous. We made two piles: one for the photos that definitely were not going to make the cut and a shortlist. Most of the character photos did not make the first cut, as I wanted some photos that were specific to this cruise. We then went through the shortlist and selected one photo from each set. That still left us with a bunch. Eventually we just went with our gut feeling. At one point I decided to go and take some more photos. I really wanted some photos of the chandeliers at After Hours and there were some other things that I wanted to photograph as well.

By the time I came back, it was nearly time for dinner. We put our suitcases outside for collection and then headed for dinner. Dinner that night was at Carioca's. I was really excited about the menu beforehand, but at closer inspection, I loved the starters and soups, but none of the main courses really grabbed me. We both started our meal with the Empanadas Panzudas de Carne: Argentinean Beef Empanadas with Red Chimichurri. I had expected little Empanadas the size of ravioli, but this was about the size of a Cornish Pasty and very tasty. I then had the Sopa de Frijoles Negros Habanera, a Havana-style Black Bean Soup with Olive Oil, which was delicious. Graham passed on a soup or salad and enjoyed the Warm Banana Bread with a Mango-Mint Mojo instead. For his main course, he had the signature dish Jose Carioca’s, which consisted of skewered and Grilled Brazilian Sausage, Adobo Chili, Crusted Lamb, and Tenderloin with Mexican Tomato Rice, Jumbo Shrimp, Chimichurri, and a Lime-Garlic Orange Mojo. The presentation of this was amazing and he enjoyed it, too. I really liked the sound of the Slow-roasted Pork Belly, but did not like any of the sides that came with it. So I asked if I could have this with the sides that normally come with the Swordfish, which were Black Bean Puree, Roasted Corn and Boniato Fries. This worked very well. I had Carioca’s Ice Cream Sundae, which consisted of Dulce de Leche Ice Cream, Caramelized Apples and Churros for my dessert. Graham passed on dessert. At the end of the meal, Edward brought out a plate with the word Bye written with Mickey sprinkles.

One thing I did miss at this dinner. I suspected that we would not get this as a third of the ship would be having the show at Animator's Palate that night, but I was still hoping. I really like the little show that they normally have at the last dinner where all the kitchen and dining room staff come out waving flags to a Caribbean version of It's A Small World. Unfortunately this did not happen during this cruise. After dinner, we gave the tip envelopes to our serving team and said good night. We then headed up to deck 4. I still have not managed to see the Till We Meet Again Show, but I always make a point of seeing Stitch one last time. He always hangs out in the same area and I am usually waiting for him when he gets there. This means that I get a bit of a head start and get some quality time with him before others even realize he is there. This worked like a charm again. I had plenty of time to say goodbye to Stitch.

When more people arrived, we made our way to the cabin. On the way I managed to get a photo of the Christmas decorations by the Walt Disney Theatre. For the most part of the cruise this area was hidden by one backdrop or another. We then headed back to our cabin one last time. I took a photo of our towel animal and then we settled down for the night.

Love the sundress you wore to brunch! Another very full day; glad you were able to fit so much in.

Another great update. Pity it was the last day!

Nice pictures with Stitch and Santa. It really is a pretty dress you've got on.
So Disney is starting to have Marvel characters on their cruises. Wonder how long it will be before they work out a way of having characters in their parks?

Another great update. Pity it was the last day!

Nice pictures with Stitch and Santa. It really is a pretty dress you've got on.
So Disney is starting to have Marvel characters on their cruises. Wonder how long it will be before they work out a way of having characters in their parks?

It is not long now until get to go on the next cruise. The time flew and we are rather used to longer cruises by now, but this was only ever meant to be a quick bonus cruise and I made every second count.

They won't be able to have the Marvel characters at Walt Disney World as Universal Studios has the rights for the use in the parks in Orlando. Captain America will however appear for meets and greets at Disneyland from 7th March.

Corinna

It is not long now until get to go on the next cruise. The time flew and we are rather used to longer cruises by now, but this was only ever meant to be a quick bonus cruise and I made every second count.

They won't be able to have the Marvel characters at Walt Disney World as Universal Studios has the rights for the use in the parks in Orlando. Captain America will however appear for meets and greets at Disneyland from 7th March.

Corinna

I was speculating how long it would take for Disney lawyers to work out a way around the specific terms and conditions of the Universal contract. Afterall, they did use the monorail to promote some of the Marvel movies when theoretically it shouldn't have been but technically met the specific wording of the contract.

It may be a case of "softly, softly". First Cruise ships, next Disneyland. Who knows? I guess we will all be watching this space and waiting. ;)

It looks like you and Graham had a wonderful day in Grand Cayman. I love all the character photos that you got.

During this cruise we had a stronger feeling than usual that Disney Cruise Line keeps a very detailed file on their guests. People seemed to know stuff that there was no way they could remember from the previous times we met them. For instance our server Edward knew straightaway that Graham liked his steak medium rare. There is no way that he had remembered this from 2009 with the thousands of people he would have encountered since.

I have totally believed this for at least the last four years. We had an experience at Steakhouse 55 that got me thinking. The Manager started talking with us about dining experiences that we never talked to him about.

If you know who podsnel is, she took a cruse with one of her sons and they paired them up with PERFECT table mates. All had cruised before and they were so perfectly matched it helped to set that pin in my mind about the dossiers that Disney keeps on us. Your suspicions further confirm this.

One of the ladies in the department that takes in the mail said to me: "You do know that Mickey is not real?" Well, if I am in the parks or on the ships, he is as real to me as my husband is and I will fight to keep that magic alive.

Well that is just not true!!!!! Mickey is just as real as our spouses, our news anchors and our television stars!

I got caught up on the Chakunaab day and thought I was all caught up, and found out you have your last day posted, I'm too tired to read up the next day right now, but I will catch up later!

I was speculating how long it would take for Disney lawyers to work out a way around the specific terms and conditions of the Universal contract. Afterall, they did use the monorail to promote some of the Marvel movies when theoretically it shouldn't have been but technically met the specific wording of the contract.

It may be a case of "softly, softly". First Cruise ships, next Disneyland. Who knows? I guess we will all be watching this space and waiting. ;)

I am pretty sure that this is a battle Disney could not win. Universal and associated companies have gained a lot of influence over the last few years and they could not afford to lose the rights to use the Marvel franchise in their parks.

It looks like you and Graham had a wonderful day in Grand Cayman. I love all the character photos that you got.

I have totally believed this for at least the last four years. We had an experience at Steakhouse 55 that got me thinking. The Manager started talking with us about dining experiences that we never talked to him about.

If you know who podsnel is, she took a cruse with one of her sons and they paired them up with PERFECT table mates. All had cruised before and they were so perfectly matched it helped to set that pin in my mind about the dossiers that Disney keeps on us. Your suspicions further confirm this.

Well that is just not true!!!!! Mickey is just as real as our spouses, our news anchors and our television stars!

I got caught up on the Chakunaab day and thought I was all caught up, and found out you have your last day posted, I'm too tired to read up the next day right now, but I will catch up later!

Yes, we had a magical day in Grand Cayman. I am so glad that I got to enjoy the sea that day as Cozumel was a different matter entirely.

For all there keeping files, there is one thing they just can't get right. One should think that after the Hawaii cruise when we adopted some table mates after they gave us a table of our own, they would have realised that we prefer to sit with other people. Yet on the last three cruises we had a table to ourselves again. I really hope that they don't give us a table to ourselves again for the next cruise.

Corinna

Great update but you should have said last day on The Magic..for now :-) that's the only way I am able to deal with leaving any park of Disney :-)

The Magic looks a really amazing ship. Never sailed her but I love the bronze Mickey statue in the atrium. Is that new part of the refurb or has that always been there?

Does Stitch talk? I bet it's hard to get the voice right! I love Stitches voice :-) I would rather characters mute than get the voice wrong. The character photos are great. What a shame re no photographer though!

Oh Palo brunch oh I adore thee! I got addicted to these sticky buns in this apple type sauce. Omg yum! How nice of Michelle to send you gifts!

Your dinner sounded lovely. What a perfect way to end the cruise. I hate the packing! Lucky for me my Jo does it.

Wow the water sure did look rough but glad you still had a good time. I'm another fan of your Palo brunch dress.

Is your house just wallpapered in your photos :goodvibes

Great update but you should have said last day on The Magic..for now :-) that's the only way I am able to deal with leaving any park of Disney :-)

The Magic looks a really amazing ship. Never sailed her but I love the bronze Mickey statue in the atrium. Is that new part of the refurb or has that always been there?

Does Stitch talk? I bet it's hard to get the voice right! I love Stitches voice :-) I would rather characters mute than get the voice wrong. The character photos are great. What a shame re no photographer though!

Oh Palo brunch oh I adore thee! I got addicted to these sticky buns in this apple type sauce. Omg yum! How nice of Michelle to send you gifts!

Your dinner sounded lovely. What a perfect way to end the cruise. I hate the packing! Lucky for me my Jo does it.

You are so right, but I will be cheating on her with her slightly younger sister in the not too distant future. I can't wait to see the Wonder again.

The Magic is an amazing ship. The Mickey statue was always there, but they moved it from the middle of the staircase to the side.

Stitch does not talk, but he has no trouble communicating in other ways.

I love the sweet nut bread (formerly known as Stollen Bread). I would make a reservation at Palo for just that and the Chicken Parmigiana.

Wow the water sure did look rough but glad you still had a good time. I'm another fan of your Palo brunch dress.

Is your house just wallpapered in your photos :goodvibes

The water was quite something.

Actually, we have next to know photos on the walls. I have most of my photos in digital format.

Corinna

What a fabulous last day :) thank you for all those gorgeous pictures, I can not wait to see the Magic in person.

A second show in AP, I'm intrigued.

Omg the stollen bread at Palo brunch! I fell in love with it! I would make the ressie alone for that. I tried to find some and tried it from Asda, Sainsburys, Marks and Spencer, John Lewis food court, Waitrose, Lidl, Ikea...nowhere near. They must have blended a unique recipe!

Trouble is our cruise in September is 3 nights no day at sea so no brunch option :-( how will I get my fix lol.

Is there a difference between Aquaduck on The Dream and Aquadunk on The Magic? Wondered why they had similar but different names.

What a fabulous last day :) thank you for all those gorgeous pictures, I can not wait to see the Magic in person.

A second show in AP, I'm intrigued.

You will probably have seen the second show at Animator's Palate already. It is the same show that they have on the Fantasy where you draw something and it comes to life as part of the show.

Omg the stollen bread at Palo brunch! I fell in love with it! I would make the ressie alone for that. I tried to find some and tried it from Asda, Sainsburys, Marks and Spencer, John Lewis food court, Waitrose, Lidl, Ikea...nowhere near. They must have blended a unique recipe!

Trouble is our cruise in September is 3 nights no day at sea so no brunch option :-( how will I get my fix lol.

I had not realised that there was even something similar available in the UK.

What a shame that you won't get the chance to have brunch on your next cruise.

Is there a difference between Aquaduck on The Dream and Aquadunk on The Magic? Wondered why they had similar but different names.

They are completely different slides.

Aquaduck is a tube slide and Aquadunk is a body slide. Aquaduck is a water coaster and Aquadunk is a free fall slide where you are dropped on top of the slide. Aquaduck is much longer and can be done with two people. Aquadunk is strictly one person only and lasts just seconds. The only thing they have in common is that a section of both slides goes out over the side of the ship.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter