Scared Silly But Loving It

Love the pictures of the ship with the rainbow. How awesome to get that shot!

Sorry that you cut yourself and that it has taken so long to heal. Hope its better now. Are you using anything to help the scar?

Your pictures with the characters are just fantastic. I really love how you dress up to suit the theme. Another great dress and accessories!

Great photo of the ship with the rainbow.

Ouch your poor leg, well done on keeping going.

Love the pictures of the ship with the rainbow. How awesome to get that shot!

Sorry that you cut yourself and that it has taken so long to heal. Hope its better now. Are you using anything to help the scar?

Your pictures with the characters are just fantastic. I really love how you dress up to suit the theme. Another great dress and accessories!

Those photos were a bit of a happy accident. I had no idea what I had there until I downloaded the photos after the trip. I love the texture of the wall with the Magic in the background and the rainbow just pulls it all together.

Yes, the leg is fine now. The scar looks a bit angry, but is not giving me any trouble. I did not know that there was anything that can be used to help a scar. I just figured it will fade over time.

Being able to dress up is one of the big attractions for me as far as cruising is concerned. I am essentially just a big kid and I am just happy to be able to play dress up and spend some time with the characters. I think people at work are utterly bewildered about this. I get all my packages delivered at work and I got some Porcelain markers delivered the other day. I mentioned that I had bought a white plate with Mickey in the middle and would have this signed by the characters on the ship. One of the ladies in the department that takes in the mail said to me: "You do know that Mickey is not real?" Well, if I am in the parks or on the ships, he is as real to me as my husband is and I will fight to keep that magic alive.

Great photo of the ship with the rainbow.

Ouch your poor leg, well done on keeping going.

Thanks. I am so glad that I kept going. I would have bitterly regretted it if I had not as you will see in the next installment.

Corinna

I don't care what anyone says. Just like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tag Fairy and the Great Pumpkin...Mickey Mouse IS Real. :rotfl:

Have you considered using vitamin E oil for the scar? The best way I've found for this is to get some carrier oil (like baby or olive oil) and get some vitamin E capsules. Pierce the capsule with a pin or a needle and squeeze the contents into your palm with a little carrier oil. Rub it in the scar for a bit. It seems to help.

Thanks so much for sharing about getting to the beach. I'm sorry you got a wound and had a long walk though.

Beautiful birthday present!

How cool they keep records of people's favorites, definitely adds to the magic.

After lunch, we took a wander along deck 9. We bumped into Michelle and her family who had stayed on the ship that day and made good use of the Aqua Dunk. We chatted for a while and then moved on.
30 times on the Aqua Dunk whoot whoot!!!! in a matter of a fews hours. If you ever get to do it, go for it!! It's a thrill!!

We had done it again. Yet again we had won Pirate Trivia. I so wished that Graham had been there to share this moment with me.

That is awesome!!:cheer2: Nelia and I played our first game show in 5 cruises..."So you think you know your family" And we won! We got 6 out of 8 questions guessed right. It is played like the Newlywed game. Nelia was happy we won a keychain, a luggage tag, a DCL hat.

This is one of the nicest birthday presents I ever received.
That is a beautiful bag

My girls had fun with Stitch too at the dance party!! I love always reading your trip reports but even more fun when I was on the cruise with you.

I don't care what anyone says. Just like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tag Fairy and the Great Pumpkin...Mickey Mouse IS Real. :rotfl:

Have you considered using vitamin E oil for the scar? The best way I've found for this is to get some carrier oil (like baby or olive oil) and get some vitamin E capsules. Pierce the capsule with a pin or a needle and squeeze the contents into your palm with a little carrier oil. Rub it in the scar for a bit. It seems to help.

Thanks, I will try this. I have some monoi oil, which is my secret weapon for all kinds of things. I wonder if this would work as carrier oil for this purpose.

Thanks so much for sharing about getting to the beach. I'm sorry you got a wound and had a long walk though.

Beautiful birthday present!

How cool they keep records of people's favorites, definitely adds to the magic.

I could have done without the cut, but other than that I rather enjoyed the walk. We happened upon some wildlife that we would otherwise would not have seen.

We have know for a while that they do keep a file. We had a few surreal experiences over the years where people that we had never met before actually knew a lot of stuff about us. This time it was just more obvious than previously. I have to say I would love to see my Disney file.

I so love that bag.

My girls had fun with Stitch too at the dance party!! I love always reading your trip reports but even more fun when I was on the cruise with you.

I had not realized just how often you managed to do the Aqua Dunk. Well done to Nelia and you winning the game show. Stitch is so much fun. I can't wait to see the little rascal again. We just have to make sure that it won't be too long until we get to cruise together again.

Corinna

I love the color of the green dress.

Thats awful about the cut. I would've fear sharks after me. LOL But I am a baby sometimes on things like that and probably would've went back to the ship.
That hotel looks so nice. Did you pay for a package of some sort to do all that?

Pirate night looks pretty darn fun!

And of course I am loving all the pictures of the Magic too since I will be seeing her in a little over a month.

That rainbow with the Magic at the end is wonderful!

I love the color of the green dress.

Thats awful about the cut. I would've fear sharks after me. LOL But I am a baby sometimes on things like that and probably would've went back to the ship.
That hotel looks so nice. Did you pay for a package of some sort to do all that?

Pirate night looks pretty darn fun!

And of course I am loving all the pictures of the Magic too since I will be seeing her in a little over a month.

That rainbow with the Magic at the end is wonderful!

I don't think there were any sharks about. The water was too shallow for that. This is actually not a hotel, but a beach resort with a restaurant and a couple of bars. Normally it is $2 to get in as I found out afterwards, but we were never asked for any money. We would have happily paid had we known.

Corinna

Another fabulous outfit Corinna! You look a million dollars with no change! Was this the same dress maker? What glorious photos. Do you have to buy cruise photos or do they count as part of the Photopass+ deal? Graham looks great too! Sorry about your leg.

Isn't Palo's just the most. We love that place. I think they keep records also. That was our feeling. They even remembered what to clear room for my rollator in Palo's :-)

Love you D & B bag that is the nicest one I have seen and such a good size.

Btw Gliterberry J20 back in my local Sainsburys :-)

We thought there must be an English chef in Cabanas. One day in addition to bread and butter pudding they did a wonderful trifle. In fact we liked Cabanas so much we ate lunch there every day! Wishing it would open buffet style for dinner. Jo said folks would do their MDR and go there lol rather than instead of it. Maybe that's why they don't :-)

Another fabulous outfit Corinna! You look a million dollars with no change! Was this the same dress maker? What glorious photos. Do you have to buy cruise photos or do they count as part of the Photopass+ deal? Graham looks great too! Sorry about your leg.

Isn't Palo's just the most. We love that place. I think they keep records also. That was our feeling. They even remembered what to clear room for my rollator in Palo's :-)

Love you D & B bag that is the nicest one I have seen and such a good size.

Btw Gliterberry J20 back in my local Sainsburys :-)

We thought there must be an English chef in Cabanas. One day in addition to bread and butter pudding they did a wonderful trifle. In fact we liked Cabanas so much we ate lunch there every day! Wishing it would open buffet style for dinner. Jo said folks would do their MDR and go there lol rather than instead of it. Maybe that's why they don't :-)

I am not so sure if this was the same dress maker or not. It was a different seller on Ebay, but I often have the feeling that the same factory is selling under different user name on Ebay.

I always get the photo CD. It is more expensive than Photopass, but I think considering all the memories I get with this, it is worth every Cent. For an extra $50 you can also get all the prints, but we did this once and they weighed a ton. Realistically I don't have a use for all the prints anyway. Now that we are Platinum Castaway Club members, we get a couple of free prints with the purchase of the CD and that is enough for me.

That particular bag is my absolute favourite. It is just perfect in every way.

I have to pay Sainsbury's another visit. I just treated myself to one of the J2O Glitterberries that are left over from Christmas.

Corinna

Day 15

This was another port day, but we did not have to be up quite so early as we were not due to arrive in Cozumel until 9:45. I had planned to do the Royal Dolphin Swim that day with Michelle and some of her family and we all headed to Chankanaab together. We had arrayed to meet in the atrium at 9:30 on the off chance that the ship was cleared early. We got up at 8:15 and got ourselves organized. We then decided to get some breakfast at Cabanas. We needed to get some towels from deck 9 anyway. Breakfast was also gorgeous. Graham had some fruit and then some Scrambled Eggs, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Sausages and Bacon. I also had some fruit and then was delighted to spot Eggs Benedict that were very nice. I also had Sausages, Hash Browns and Biscuits that were light and fluffy. We both had coffee and juice and I also had some chocolate milk. Breakfast was definitely a hit.

We went back to the cabin to get our stuff. I had spotted that Captain America would be out at 9:15. I am not into all this super hero stuff normally, but I figured as Disney now owns Marvel, I should get a photo. We arrived a bit early, but the line was quite long and when Captain America arrived, it did not really move at all. About 10 minutes into the set, I gave up as I was very aware that we were due to meet 5 minutes later and there was no way I would be done in time. In the meantime I had lost Graham who had been waiting nearby, but had wandered off. I went down to the atrium as I figured he would be waiting for me there. I bumped into some of Michelle's family and Graham turned up shortly afterwards. Pretty much as soon as I arrived at the atrium, the announcement came that the ship was cleared. Shortly afterwards the whole group was assembled and we headed down to deck 1 to get off the ship. We did get turned around and for some reason we went downstairs midship so we had to cross over on deck 2, as deck 1 does not go all the way through. Still, this did not matter and soon we were off the ship.

This day was a polar opposite of the day before. It was grey and dreary and quite windy. We walked towards the exit of the port. Just before we reached the shopping centre that we had to walk through, we saw people standing there advertising transport for larger groups. There were 11 of us so that sounded great. They quoted us some silly amount. So we decided to stick with the original plan and just share a couple of taxis. They also tried to convince us not to go to Chankanaab saying that everything would be closed because of the weather. Most of us had reservations for one thing or another and we stuck to our guns. We had no problem getting two taxis. The price was a bit higher than I had remembered, but it was still very fair. We soon were on our way and had a clear run to Chankanaab.

Once we got there, we had to check in and were given our wristbands. Graham went to get his admission as he was just going to snorkel and some of Michelle's family booked the Sea Lion encounter there and then. One of the girls was too young to book it in advance. Once we were all sorted, we headed into the park. This had changed quite a bit since the previous year. They have added a new restaurant and a zip line course.

We headed over to the lockers to get changed and store our stuff. Then Graham headed off towards the beach. I caught up with Michelle's family again and those of us doing the dolphin swim checked in for this. We were told to wait on some benches nearby. The people that were not doing the dolphin swim headed off to go for a swim and the rest of us sat down. It was not very long until we got called. We were split into smaller groups and then we were given an introductory talk. They laid down some ground rules and taught us the hand signals that we would need. Then the photographer who was assigned to us took us over to get life vests and then walked us to the interaction area. There we met the trainer we were going to work with that day.

Dolphin Discovery uses ocean pens for the dolphin interactions. The platforms on which you stand are made from metal and are covered witH algae. They are therefore quite slippery at the best of times. Because it was so windy that day, the water was very choppy making it quite challenging to stand on those platforms. There is a fence at the back and for the most part we hang on to this for dear life. We had agreed that when one of us had to step forward for the hug and the kiss, somebody else from our group would hold on to the strap at the back of the life vest to provide some stability. It was still a challenge in this rough water. Pretty much us soon as we were in the water, we started with the deep-water stuff. One person at the time swum a little way out and then held out both arms for a flipper shake. Then this person swam out further. The first behaviour was meant to be the foot push. I had done this once before at Discovery Cove and really hated it as it hurt my feet. There were some other people in the group that were not too keen on the idea either so we were offered to do two dorsal rides. This is something I have always enjoyed so I was happy with this. I was one of the last people to swim out. While people took turns to swim out and the trainer was waiting for people to get into position, the dolphins swam by us and we were able to touch them. We also did the hugs and kisses in between the deep-water interactions. In the end it was my turn to swim out. I did the flipper shake first and then swam out further. I held out my arms when I got in position and the dolphins came to get me. It was a pretty thrilling ride and I did enjoy it, but one of the dolphins kept slapping my leg with his tail fluke. So when we were supposed to swim out for the second time, I decided to be brave and try to foot push. I think in the end everybody did the foot push. This actually worked OK and did not hurt at all. Once everybody had done all the different components of the programme, we got to touch the dolphins a few more times and they showed off for us. Then it was time to say goodbye.

We were told that we would get to meet some of the manatees next. I had done the manatee encounter the previous year and thoroughly enjoyed it. So I liked the sound of that. We were told that we would have a chance to touch and feed a manatee. We went to another interaction area. We got down on the platform, but one of the dolphins in the interaction area next to the one we were in was more interested in us than in the people that he or she was supposed to be interacting with. So the trainer that was with us told us to go back up to the boardwalk and we would go to the platform that was on the other side of the interaction area. There were two problems with this: there was no fence on that side, but a wall and therefore nowhere to hang on to. The waves also were longer coming from behind us, but straight at us and I know I swallowed a fair amount of water. In the end we just abandoned this exercise and went back up on the boardwalk.

They offered us to go and see our photos, but I wanted Graham to be there. So we arranged when we would meet for the trip back to the ship and then I headed out towards the beach. As I walked up to our usual snorkeling spot, I realized just how rough the sea was as the ocean pens are somewhat sheltered. Graham was walking towards me. He had managed to snorkel since he had said goodbye to me, but had enough by this stage. I had no wish to get into this rough water. We decided to check out the inlet swimming area, as this is sheltered. To our surprise this was colder than the open water even though this is quite shallow and therefore I would have expected it to be warmer. We saw a bunch of small fish. After a little while we decided we had enough and headed towards the pool. As we got to the pool, the heavens opened. We did not mind the rain as we were in our swim gear and we were in the water anyway.

After we spent a while in the pool, we got showered and changed. We had a look at the photos and I was thoroughly disappointed. I had budgeted for the Photo CD, but the photos just were not very good. Part of the problem was that my life vest kept riding up, but even other than that the photos were nothing to write home about. So I decided to pass. It is a shame that I have nothing to document this part of the trip, but the photo CDs are not precisely cheap and they were definitely not worth the cost.

We headed towards the exit. They have added some sculptures and other artwork and I wanted to take some photos. I also had a look at the zip lining area. I can't imagine ever trying this myself, but it is fascinating to watch. We then went over to the entrance plaza where we waited for the rest of the group. Once everybody was there, we got into taxis and headed back to the port. This time round we had one person less in the taxi and the price dropped quite dramatically. I assume that there is one flat rate for up to 4 people and if you have more than that, you are charged per person. As soon as we got in the taxi, the heavens opened again, but fortunately it had stopped raining by the time we arrived at the port.

When we got to the port, there was a rope across the path just in front of the Magic's dock. A ship had arrived at the dock opposite and they were in the process of tying the ship up. They did not do a very good job with getting the ropes ashore. In the end it took multiple attempts and we had to wait about 30 minutes until we were allowed to get back on the Magic.

We dropped our stuff back at our cabin and then I headed back down to deck 4. Chip and Dale were due to be out and I had not managed to catch them yet this holiday. Graham came with me as we were going to get some lunch afterwards. The line was not long and we were on our way again very quickly. I was very pleased that Chip and Dale were wearing their holiday outfits.

Once I had said goodbye to Chip and Dale, we headed up to deck 9. Cabanas was already closed, but there was plenty of choice at the quick service outlets near the pool. Graham got a Roast Beef Sandwich and some fruit from Daisy's D-Lights and also got some Fries from Pete's Boiler Bites. I had a Cheeseburger with Fries. We got some drinks from the drink station. I had some Coke and Graham had some Pomegranate Lemonade. We also both had some ice cream. I had Chocolate and Vanilla Swirl and Graham had Strawberry and Banana Swirl.

We headed back forward and were going to go back to the cabin when I spotted Stitch coming out of the lift. This just made my day. I got a nice cuddle and then he headed outside to cause some mischief I went back outside to watch him and they were setting up some pool games. We decided to watch this. It was kind of a cross between musical chairs and a scavenger hunt. They started out with 6 chairs and 6 willing victims. They then had to get some stuff and every time they were sent to get something, a chair was removed and the person who did not have a chair was eliminated. I cannot remember everything that they needed to bring, but a magazine was one task, a handbag was another, a pair of swimming trunks and a bikini top was a third. I also remember that they had to get a dollop of sunscreen and a slice of fresh pizza, but I can't remember the 6th one. Anyway, this turned out to be very funny as some of the contestants were very competitive.

Even though the area around the pool was quite busy, the pool itself and even the hot tubs were empty. So we decided that a swim was in order. Graham went into the pool, but I decided that I did not fancy a swim after all and headed straight for the hot tub. I had a whole hot tub to myself and Graham decided to join me shortly afterwards. We stayed in there for quite some time and then headed back to the cabin to get showered and changed.

We normally don't bother with the shows. Graham only ever has been to one during our Transatlantic cruise in 2010 and I think that show was the last one I went to as well. We normally use this time to have a swim or on previous cruises we headed for the Rainforest Room. However, that night there was something in the Walt Disney Theatre that we both wanted to see. They were showing Frozen in 3D. As we both were curious about the film, we figured we may as well watch it for free on the ship rather than pay for it back home. I grabbed my blanket with sleeves as I am often cold in the theatre and we headed back downstairs.

When we got there, the theatre was still closed. Princess Anna was out again and I suggested to Graham that we should go and see her. She recognized me straightaway and asked me who this was with me. I told me that it was my prince. She then asked me if we were love experts. This did not make a great deal of sense at the time, but it did by the time the day was over.

By the time we were finished with Anna, the theatre was open. We collected our 3D glasses and found a seat. We got some pretty good seats. There were some trailers and a Princess "advert" that portrait Princesses as strong, intelligent, courageous, loyal and caring. I found this quite moving and it definitely was giving out a great message. Then the film started and this is definitely one of Disney's gems. I think I still like Tangled a little more, but this film had a great story, some wonderful characters, beautiful music and some very funny elements. It was also wonderful to watch it in a theatre full of other Disney fans. This definitely added to the atmosphere.

Once the film was over, we headed back to the cabin to drop off my blanket, which had proven to be very useful and to get changed. As I had not worn the gown that I had brought for Palo the previous night, I decided to wear it for dinner that night. The gold gown with the green faux fur jacket looked very festive. As we came back down to deck 4, Princess Anna was out again and she had no line to speak off so we got another photo. She made the mistake to ask if my jacket was real fur. Graham proceeded to tell her that this was genuine reindeer. She did not like this at all.

As we walked across the atrium, I spotted something I had never seen before. Belle was out in her red winter gown. I have plenty of photos with her wearing her yellow gown and also a few photos wearing her blue dress, but I would have loved to get a photo with her wearing the red gown. Still, her line looked huge. While I was standing there trying to make up my mind, I could hear a voice saying, "Come to Dinner". I looked around, but could not see who was saying it. I turned towards Belle again and the voice said, "Come to Dinner" again. This time I spotted Edward who was just ducking behind the doorframe of the Vista Gallery. Well, if I am asked that nicely, who am I to refuse. Belle had to wait for a future cruise. We walked to Animator's Palate with Edward.

There had been some changes to the menu here as well. Be both had the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes: Pasta Purses filled with Truffle scented Cheese and coated with a delicate Champagne Sauce for our starter. I absolutely loved them and they are one of my favourite starters. Graham then had the Creamy Butternut Squash Soup garnished with Chives and drizzled with Sour Cream. I had the Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup with Bacon Bits and Chives. We both had the Herb Crusted Veal Chop for our main course. This was a Roast Veal Chop brushed with Dijon Mustard and crusted with Herb Breadcrumbs served with Sun-dried Tomato Risotto and a Barolo Wine Sauce. For dessert, I decided on the Cookies 'n Cream Sundae, which consisted of Cookies and Cream Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce and Chocolate Chip Cookies. Graham had the White Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake with Whipped Cream and Raspberry Coulis. Unfortunately the base of this was dark chocolate, but he still enjoyed the top of the dessert.

Those of you who have followed my trip reports for a while know that I have always been very cynical about the so-called "show" at Animator's Palate. For the most part, we have made a run for it as soon as we had finished our main course in order to avoid it. This time round, I was determined to see it. I knew that they have brought the Animation Magic show from the Disney Fantasy to the Magic, but shortly before we left for this trip, I found out that this was just being shown on cruises of 7 nights or longer. On the shorter cruises they were showing a different show called Drawn to Magic. This initially sounded just like a spruced up version of the old show. Still, I loved the idea behind this, but it just never had worked how it was intended to. What I got to experience that night was very different and much more immersive than the old show. When we sat down, the picture frames near our table just had plain canvasses in them. Shortly after we sat down, lines started to appear in them slowly forming characters. I was utterly captivated by this. I had great fun guessing what characters were forming right in front of my eyes. Once a character drawing was finished, it stayed on the screen for a few seconds and then the process started all over again with a new character. I was in heaven when I was treated to three different Stitch drawings. For most of the meal, the drawings were black and white. Towards the end of the main course, some splashes of colour were added and eventually the drawings became animated. This then neatly let to the next part of the show. The walls came to life in all the colours of the rainbow and the frames lit up. This was the introduction to the film sequence, which had been updated. It now includes some newer Disney films like The Princess and the Frog and Tangled; Pixar films like Finding Nemo, Brave, Toy Story and Ratatouille and also some of the older Disney films that I cannot remember featuring before like Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh. The last scenes are fireworks and as those go off, the artist palates on the ceiling and the paintbrushes come to life and Sorcerer Mickey comes into the room. The whole thing is extremely well thought out and very well put together. It is truly magical. The only thing that I miss from the old show was Walt Disney's quote "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

Once the show was over and we had finished our dessert, we said goodnight to our serving team and headed down to the atrium for some photos. This was the last night for portraits. We were spoiled for choice that evening. They had the white backdrop out, the backdrop with the ship and the Mickey sunset and they were doing photos in front of the Gingerbread House and the Christmas tree again. I actually had very few photos of just me from this trip that does not involve characters so I asked for some photos of just me in front of the Christmas tree.

When we had finished doing the rounds of the photographers, we headed back to the cabin. I took a photo of our towel animal and then we fell into bed. This had been a very long, but fun day.

I did the dolphin swim there years ago and remember being afraid I would slam into the dock at the end of the foot push! I didn't enjoy it as much as Discovery Cove.

I love the pic of you and Graham nuzzling noses!:lovestruc

ok so after looking at your photos of the waters, yep that explains why we couldn't stand still..=) Yeah I thought the life jackets given out were to big on you and mom.

Another beautiful evening dress and more amazing pics of you and Graham. I love the M&G pictures with Anna as well. How cool to get a picture with her and then get to see Frozen 3D afterwards.

I did the dolphin swim there years ago and remember being afraid I would slam into the dock at the end of the foot push! I didn't enjoy it as much as Discovery Cove.

I love the pic of you and Graham nuzzling noses!:lovestruc

It was a challenge staying on the platform, but the deep water interactions went really well. Discovery Cove is very special, but I do enjoy Dolphin Discovery, too.

ok so after looking at your photos of the waters, yep that explains why we couldn't stand still..=) Yeah I thought the life jackets given out were to big on you and mom.

It was definitely lifely. Still, I have no regrets about this day other than maybe the messed up photos. Then again I have plenty of dolphin photos. It was really strange with the life jackets. On dry land mine seemed to fit just fine, but in the water it was a different story.

Another beautiful evening dress and more amazing pics of you and Graham. I love the M&G pictures with Anna as well. How cool to get a picture with her and then get to see Frozen 3D afterwards.

Meeting Anna was really cool. She is so much fun and seeing her just before going to watch the film was definitely a bonus.

Corinna

I am really enjoying your trip report! My husband and I will be on The Fantasy 4 weeks from today and your report is adding to my excitement. I love all the photos. We are going on this cruise without our daughter. I think I have decided to purchase the photo book instead of the cd. Did you see any of those at Shutters? If so, did you notice if they were a good quality?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter