SB:Adhesive ??

The new Hermafix name will be Dotto, I believe?

I use many different adhesives depending on what I'm putting down.

*3L Photo Fixes for my pictures and mats. (Similar to the CM photo splits, I think.. although they are permanent, if I'm careful and need to rearrange, I can)
*Xyron X for letters I've cut out
*Hermafix (repositionable) for things too big to go through the Xyron X
*Glue dots for my metals

I think that's it... LOL!!

This is so funny! An old thread but a goodie!
I use a variety of adhesives. I was sold on hermifix but the last 2 rolls I purchased don't seem to stick like they use to and some of my matted items pop up. I love the CM tape runner but hate the new style love that is is refillable but hate the long run of paper. The CM mini is great too
I also like the hermifix tabs and I use the mono glue for small things. I think assortment is best! HAHAHA

I have been a long time hermafix user (tabs and dots) and have noticed my last roll of tabs were NOT as sticky as before. for embellishments, metals etc. I like glue dots.

OMG-has this post been ressurected or what!! I usually am a thread killer-LOL!!!
So two years later do ya'll want to know what I am using??? LOL
I mostly use the photo splits and sometimes an adhesive that is a herma knock off-not sure what it is called and my forever clogging glue pen!
I have also started on my second box of glue dots-love em!
Grover in Winnipeg

I use regular old Scotch double sided tape. It is acid free, and easy to use. It is permanent, but you can usually pry it up gently and move stuff around. UnDo works on it too. It seems to be the cheapest way to go. I have a hermafix, but it seemed to run out very quickly and I always had trouble loading it (all thumbs). I also use a glue pen and Xyron for the small stuff.

I like the photo splits too but have also used the tape runner.
Try them all and see what works best for you!
Karen aka TN Traveler

HOLY COW
talk about pulling up an old thread from the past!
I must say I have used cm runner (loved it but no rep=find something else) so then I tried, zig, hermi, splits, and various others -
well I went back to CM tape runner - it really stood the test of time!
:grouphug:

I use CM tape runner too. Haven't tried anything else so I don't have anything to compare it to.

I Love my mini tape runner. It was something I thought I would never need until one day when I needed to adhere something small and well, the sections of adhesive from the regular tape runner were to big. Got the mini and LOVE it.

:cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2:
lol-sorry just had to pop in and say hi...still using the same adhesives as I was in my last update :rockband:
Grover in Winnipeg :cool1:

Another CM girl here. And believe me I have tried just about all of them. I do use glue dots for heavy embellishments. And my trusty xyron for die cuts/sizzix letters. Pop dots for dimensional items, but I wouldn't trade my cm tape runner ( including the mini ) for anything.

Cyndi

Tried it all here too... I use the zig or the xyron for little things that the tape is just too big for. I used to love the tombo, but i went through them too fast, and the refills are expensive. I really like the scotch rolling thing, but it's not refillable and again, didn't last long. So, now I am trying the hermafix and zots seems to be working out better. It's funny how we get about our adhesives! Once you find what works for you, you never want to give it up :)

--heather

I too have tried it all and like CM the best. I always seemed to have a problem getting the hermafix to work correctly. I also like the mini dots & pop dots for embelishements.

Kathy

CM tape runner is by far my favorite. I also love my little "X" and it's a must for all crops. CM photo splits are good for large things.
Lisa
Tiger Fan

I use Hermfix dots & the tabs, and also the CM tape runner. I don't like the tape runner as much because it seems to bunch up a lot on me. Having said that, I also have to say it's probably user error because DD, who's 6 1/2, has no problem with it. :blush:

tigger2esq - I noticed that about my tab refill too, I thought maybe I got a bad box or something. That stinks.

An old thread, but a great resource! I use the Scotch Double Sided tape, and for small stuff or vellum, I use the Xyron Adhesive Stamper, which stamps little glue dots that can be rubbed off if you make a mistake.

I have tried so much - most are sitting in a big bicket on my shelf :rotfl:

I use my CM tape runner most of the time. Also have 2 differnt size Zyrons, 3 differnt size glue dots and I have a pen I rarely use.

But I cant scrap without my tape runner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter