Saying goodbye to Max

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WebmasterPete, Dec 22, 2012.

1. keri125

keri125 Mouseketeer

I'm so sorry. It just doesn't seem fair that those wonderful furry family members are with us for such a short amount of time. Hugs.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bannermouse

bannermouse Mouseketeer

I am so sorry for your loss.

Bannermouse

4. goofeyken

goofeyken Mouseketeer

Pete and Walter, tears are running down my face. Letting our beloved dogs go is one of the hardest things to do in this life. He may be gone but you will carry the memories forever. I often think back to dogs that have been gone for years now and smile. They will always be in my heart.

When the time is right, there will be another dog waiting for you. They need you, the good home and the love that you can provide. Bonding will happen again, and you'll have another best friend that will always be there for you.

The love of a dog is a beautiful thing. Hang in there.

5. Quicklabs

Quicklabs DIS Veteran

Reading this with tears in my eyes. I am so, so sorry, Pete. The pain of losing an animal companion is almost unbearable for me, so I understand completely how much this hurts right now. Keeping you and all who have lost loved companions close in prayer.

6. Disney Anna

Disney Anna DIS Veteran

Hi Pete, Walter:

I am very sorry for your loss.

I am blessed with three great fur babies (Pumpkin (kitty), Diego (cockapoo) and Gidget (dachsund, rat terrier). They are our children.

I have lost three beloved pets/children in the last four years (Winston, our tuxedo cat and first pet; Duchess, beautiful girl kitty; and Pepita, my little Petey who is my eternal soul mate).

You are good pet parents and did the right thing. It helps me to look forward to the day when I will be reunited with my babies again.

You are all in my thoughts.

7. Disney Anna

Disney Anna DIS Veteran

My signature still reflects my original pet family of Petey, Winston, Duchess and Pumpkin.

I have not had the heart to change it.

8. Iggipolka

Iggipolka <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I am so sorry for your painful loss. Saying goodbye to pets is so incrediably hard. My extreme sympathy.

9. tolemommy

tolemommy Princess who runs with pugs and loves to find hidd

Longtime Diser and Podcast listener but an infrequent poster. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I read your post. (((Hugs))) It is never easy to say goodbye to a part of the family. Please know a candle is burning in Max's memory at the Washington Pug Palace & know that our beloved Pudgie met Max at the bridge and that he brought his favorite ball to share with him. I know you and Walter have a huge hole in your heart right now... Please find comfort in knowing that Pudgie and so many more of the Dis's beloved pets will take good care of Max.

10. Mndisneygirl

Mndisneygirl DIS Veteran

Pete and Walter - I'm so sorry for your loss. Pete, you said it so well, how so many of us feel about our "pets". They are so much more than that - friend, companion, etc. I hope your good memories of the love he brought you help see you through this tough time.

11. DisneyDame27

DisneyDame27 Going to my happy place - Disneyworld

When I first read of your loss on FB I felt your pain and said a prayer for your both. It wasn't until I read this that I fell apart. It has taken me this long to compose myself enough to send my thoughts & prayers to you.

I understand when you talk about the unconditional love that Max gave you and how it helped you through your dark times. I have an english bulldog who is my strength right now. The looks she gives me sometimes I have to wonder what she must be thinking and ......well sometimes they just make me laugh out loud!

I hope that your heart will not be heavy long from the loss of your dear friend.

12. MouseBrayden

MouseBrayden Walt Disney World YouTuber (MickeyViews), WDW Ride

I am sorry for your loss, Pete. Max sounded like a great a loving dog.

13. Leigha

Leigha DIS Veteran

Bless your hearts! I was so sad to read about Figaro and now Max. You were certainly blessed by their love.

14. disney dog lover

disney dog lover Mouseketeer

Pete and Walter,
    I remember when Max was sick a while ago. Scott was so concern, and even though we don't live in Fl. we still wanted to help.
    I cried reading this on facebook and here as well.
    It is so hard to lose your heart dog. We love all our dogs, but every once in a while an extra special one comes into your life. Max was that dog. I can't say how long the pain will last, It's been 6 yrs since I loss my Stella, and it still hurts, less but still hurts. Take comfort in knowing that Figaro was waiting for him, and you will see him again.
    I know John and the rest of the pod cast team will miss him as well.

15. FigmentKrazee

FigmentKrazee Second star to the right, you will find, the child

I know there are no words that make it better, but I am so, so sorry for your loss.... I've been there too many times but it never gets any easier. It's the price we pay for loving them isn't it? So incredibly worth it.

16. IWISHFORDISNEY

IWISHFORDISNEY <font color=darkorchid>Cant get enough of the mous

I am so deeply sorry for your loss of Max "the dog" We will miss him on the podcasts but no one will miss him more than you. I know how difficult that decision was because I have been there. Much love and hugs from us. Hang in there.

17. kaligal

kaligal DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry about Max. He must have been a very special dog to bring out the great deal of love you had for him. My heart broke a little reading your post. :(

I hope that when my cat's time comes that I am strong and kind enough to do what is best for her, like you did for Max. It had to be terribly hard for you.

I will say a prayer for you all.

18. drakethib

drakethib <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Sorry to hear that Pete.

Pets become just as much part of the family as people do.

Hang in there.

19. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

I can definitely relate, Pete.

One of our cats, Brutus, got very sick on Dec 28th and passed away from acute pancreatitis on New Years Eve. It was awful & terrible. He passed away while they were trying to "fix" him & we were on our way to visit him. We miss him dearly.

Our thoughts are with you for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

20. dizzyblonde

dizzyblonde Earning My Ears

New DISboards member & podcast listener here - had to stop by to say I'm so sorry for your loss. It's such a tough thing to go through since our pets are such a part of our families & lives.

21. PaDisneyCouple

PaDisneyCouple DIS Veteran

I'm catching up on podcasts, and just heard the news. And I looked over at our Max, sleeping next to me as I had some DIS time. I'll give him a hug from you, Pete, when he wakes up from chasing that bunny.

A friend sent us this quote, to forward to my parents, when their retired racing greyhound Dodgie died. I thought it might bring some comfort:

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my
    heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with
    a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my
    heart will be Dog, and I will become as generous and as loving as they
    are."--Unknown