Say Good Bye to Maelstrom....A 'Frozen' Ride is Definite

For the first time in forever I'll finally have a reason to visit the Norway pavilion.

I'm glad they're making these changes because that whole World Showcase section is a bit of a fixer upper.

Frozen and Norway are both so intense put em together it just makes sense!
:rotfl:

By the way, Jim Hill states that this rumor is a fact. Now whether that makes it more likely or less is a matter of opinion. ;)

:rotfl: :lmao:

This is why my kids and I like Maelstrom. It's all so corny!! As mentioned, the trolls that lead to oil rigs?? :laughing: Yeah, I'll miss those things, but we'll all have something to joke about in our "remember when" threads.
Indeed. The ride may change, but the memories of weird murals and the troll voice "DISAPPEAR, DISAPPEAR!!!" will live forever.

I can tell you why Disney hasn't announced the changing of Malestrom into Frozen Fjord Fiesta. If they announced it now, then they would have to change the opening that says, "You are not the first to pass this way; nor shall you be the last." If they wait until the ride is closed to announce this, no one will be confused as to how they are the last to ride, but Odin (or whoever) is telling them that they won't be the last. We're tourists. We confuse easily.

This "Frozen" thing is getting out of control. I didn't like the movie at all!!!
Disney is milking it for all it's worth, which ain't much.

Wow, this logic makes me dizzy with all of the spin. Nations now have to pay money to keep their pavilions from being taken over and if they don't give in they are somehow to blame for Disney's decisions? Look out France and Germany! :rolleyes:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Last time I checked, there is no sovereign nation called 'Frozen' so it doesn't belong in World Showcase.

Frozen Fjord Fiesta

snowed_29.jpg

Oh how wrong you are....not only have I worn lederhosen before, I've worn it at the MK!! ;)
Not sure what that has to do with making Tangled a bathroom area though :confused3

DD photo-bombing me at Pecos Bills during MNSSHP

:lmao: Awesome. You win the internet today. :thumbsup2

This thread getting taken over by pun-sters is amusing me far too much. One might even think it's a bit of trolling. ;)

I think its hilarious that folks refuse to believe this is happening despite the multiple rumors from various sites and the confirmed reports that people are unable to book FP for the time in question.

It's over folks.

Okay, I'll say it. I like the idea. I don't mean to be contrarian; but, I think a little bit of "Frozen" is exactly what the World Showcase needs. I always hate to see any attraction removed; but, I have to agree with another poster in that the ride just seemed confusing and horribly dated. Epcot as a whole is in desperate need of another Tier 1 attraction. Yes, Epcot and the World Showcase are more adult oriented to begin with; but, it is still Disney. Smaller kids, particularly girls can get bored with Epcot relatively quickly. I have no doubt the Imagineers can tastefully blend a Frozen ride into the rest of the Norway pavilion and breath a little fresh air into a stale area. My guess is some people just need to work on their suspension of disbelief a little bit. The pavilions have always been Disneyfied versions of the countries they represent, not scale replicas of the country. I don't see a talking snowman and a princess or two ruining the Norwegian feel of the pavilion. Quality wise, as long as the ride is re-done along the same lines as SDMR and they don't just slap on some fresh paint and TV screens I think a Frozen ride will be a huge addition by subtraction.

Okay, I'll say it. I like the idea. I don't mean to be contrarian; but, I think a little bit of "Frozen" is exactly what the World Showcase needs. I always hate to see any attraction removed; but, I have to agree with another poster in that the ride just seemed confusing and horribly dated. Epcot as a whole is in desperate need of another Tier 1 attraction. Yes, Epcot and the World Showcase are more adult oriented to begin with; but, it is still Disney. Smaller kids, particularly girls can get bored with Epcot relatively quickly. I have no doubt the Imagineers can tastefully blend a Frozen ride into the rest of the Norway pavilion and breath a little fresh air into a stale area. My guess is some people just need to work on their suspension of disbelief a little bit. The pavilions have always been Disneyfied versions of the countries they represent, not scale replicas of the country. I don't see a talking snowman and a princess or two ruining the Norwegian feel of the pavilion. Quality wise, as long as the ride is re-done along the same lines as SDMR and they don't just slap on some fresh paint and TV screens I think a Frozen ride will be a huge addition by subtraction.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I think its hilarious that folks refuse to believe this is happening despite the multiple rumors from various sites and the confirmed reports that people are unable to book FP for the time in question.

It's over folks.

Rumors are just that, no matter how many places you read them, and the fact that FP is unavailable only confirms that the ride will be closed, not that it will be changed to a Frozen attraction.

It's over folks.

It ain't over until the fat lady issues a press release.

As much as I love Epcot and especially the old stories of Epcot Center, I have accepted that the ride was coming. Although nobody on this board can deny that it will have HUGE lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter