Sat Jan 30, 2016 7-Night Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay From Port Canaveral

Do we need an excursion to enjoy Tortola?

As i"ve never been there before I can't exactly speak from experience BUT research says you could have a perfectly lovely time without an excursion, especially if you like a beach. It seems there are a few beaches to choose from and you can likely hire a taxi when you get off the ship or ask the taxi driver to take you on a short tour (probably best to negotiate cost before you get in the taxi). Either way I'm sure there's lots to do.

We personally are taking the disney excursion "Tour to Virgin Gorda" only because its on another nearby island and if weather or unforeseen circumstances hamper our way back to the ship, its guaranteed that the ship will wait for us. We're getting excited!

Luggage Tags and Cruise Book came in the mail today, won't be long now.

So many fun things to do! Can't wait! Going to be an exciting cruise! Tortola and all the places will be awesome! I also can't wait to see Star Wars again! Force Awakens was really really good!:yoda::yoda::yoda:

We are waiting to see Star Wars on the ship for "free", I know we are crazy. :dance3: We joke that this is going to be the most expensive movie date ever!

Dan and Danny saw SWFA the day it came out. But I am defintely going to see it on the ship. :) I am sure Danny will want to see it again.

My kids would love to join a FE group if it isn't too late. I have NO CLUE what I am doing here so please bear with me! We are sailing on the Fantasy January 30...my kids are 13, 11, and 9

Got my cruise documents mail yesterday! We leave home 3 weeks from today!

:eek: I'm not ready!! But we ARE super excited. :cool1:party:

Still need to figure out autograph books and make our custom t shirts. But I did clean out the hall closet. :upsidedow

Sorry for the rambling, it still early. See you all soon:sail:

Hi all!!! {edited by a moderator} I just forgot to come here and chat with all of you about the cruise!!! I feel very behind getting ready for this cruise! My husband has a work trip in Zurich next week, so we are leaving the toddler with grandma and spending a few days in Paris before his meeting. Meanwhile we aren't prepared for Paris or the cruise. Ahhhh. It will come together, it always does. I will go back and read through some of your posts. Traveling will be myself, my husband, my 2.5 year old and my mother. She likes to hang out with my kiddo and it gives my husband and I some date nights/days :)

I too am waiting until I'm onboard to see Star Wars. (If I like the times.)

Crap- I just realized we get on a plane in 3 weeks to go on this cruise. Yikes- lots to do!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all!!! {edited by a moderator} I just forgot to come here and chat with all of you about the cruise!!! I feel very behind getting ready for this cruise! My husband has a work trip in Zurich next week, so we are leaving the toddler with grandma and spending a few days in Paris before his meeting. Meanwhile we aren't prepared for Paris or the cruise. Ahhhh. It will come together, it always does. I will go back and read through some of your posts. Traveling will be myself, my husband, my 2.5 year old and my mother. She likes to hang out with my kiddo and it gives my husband and I some date nights/days :)

I too am waiting until I'm onboard to see Star Wars. (If I like the times.)

Crap- I just realized we get on a plane in 3 weeks to go on this cruise. Yikes- lots to do!

You have a lot of stuff happening! This cruise is coming up fast for me too. It does always come together, I can't wait :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:banana: 2 weeks today !!!! :cool1:

I need to start packing, alter a couple shirts, locate the snorkel gear, make our custom iron on t-shirts, clean up my shoes that I haven't worn since summer and double check we have all our papers and stuff together.

I'm getting a pedicure this week in prep. Yay! :dancer:

We've been waiting more than 400 days do you think I can wait 14 more?

Unfortunately, posts have once again been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Hi everyone! This will be our first Disney cruise. My husband has been on one other cruise line before. Our 2 small kids will be joining us as well as our best friends who have been on DCL before! I am so excited and am interested in joining a FE group if it's not too late! I've searched and searched this site, but can not find a link. Thanks in advance for any help in the right direction

Did you end up joining a FE group? This is our first cruise but we are interested as well... just curious.

We are excited. This will be our first cruise... we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and will be bringing our almost 5 year son with us. Can't wait!:)

We are excited. This will be our first cruise... we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and will be bringing our almost 5 year son with us. Can't wait!:)

This is our second cruise celebrating our 20th anniversary!:love:

We are excited too! My daughter made a little countdown out of construction paper last night (she's 12) so I guess she's excited as well. :woohoo:

I'm sure you'll have a great time! And since you're new here :welcome:

This is our second cruise celebrating our 20th anniversary!:love:

We are excited too! My daughter made a little countdown out of construction paper last night (she's 12) so I guess she's excited as well. :woohoo:

I'm sure you'll have a great time! And since you're new here :welcome:

My family and I just signed up for a VERY last minute cruise...can't wrap my head around the fact that we leave in a WEEK!!! I know its probably entirely too late to sign up for a FE group...but i still thought i'd ask. It will just be for my 2 boys 3 & 5.

I own an ETSY shop that specializes in FE gifts...would love to be about to use them myself!!

My family and I just signed up for a VERY last minute cruise...can't wrap my head around the fact that we leave in a WEEK!!! I know its probably entirely too late to sign up for a FE group...but i still thought i'd ask. It will just be for my 2 boys 3 & 5.

I own an ETSY shop that specializes in FE gifts...would love to be about to use them myself!!

Welcome!!! All the FE groups are closed but you could sign up to get pixie dusted! What's your Easy shop link?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter