Sat Jan 30, 2016 7-Night Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay From Port Canaveral

This is our first cruise, first "airplane" trip with our kids, and first experience with Disney (neither my hubby nor I went to Disney as kids). Like the poster above, this vacation will be a much needed break from the wicked Canadian winter that we'll be in the grips of come February. Cruise is a christmas gift for our two little guys (7 and 5).

This is our first cruise, first "airplane" trip with our kids, and first experience with Disney (neither my hubby nor I went to Disney as kids). Like the poster above, this vacation will be a much needed break from the wicked Canadian winter that we'll be in the grips of come February. Cruise is a christmas gift for our two little guys (7 and 5).

That is awesome!! Congrats to your first! So will this trip include WDW as well?

I originally booked a nov cruise but we had to change due to a little addition to our family. I(32) will be cruising with with my wife(31), our two daughters; Anastasia(3) and Felicity(7 months) along with my mother(68). We are celebrating my mother retiring and it will be the first Disney cruise for all of us. Any suggestions to make this trip amazing?

I originally booked a nov cruise but we had to change due to a little addition to our family. I(32) will be cruising with with my wife(31), our two daughters; Anastasia(3) and Felicity(7 months) along with my mother(68). We are celebrating my mother retiring and it will be the first Disney cruise for all of us. Any suggestions to make this trip amazing?

Just be super excited and don't expect to fit everything in, there is sooo much to do! It will be a blast! If you want to dive a bit into the DCL culture, not all first timers do, but you could join the Fish Extender exchange (kind of like a secret gift exchange; lots of sites and threads can explain in good detail with pics), there are a couple groups going for our cruise. Also you can decorate your door with magnets. That is always a lot of fun, it makes the stateroom feel a little bit more like your home! Additionally you can plan to get all dazzled up for formal night or dressed up for Pirate night! Great times for all ages! :yay:

True words happycruiser! But if I just stay on *****, I don't get a chance to drool over my ticker! If I squint really hard I feel like my balloon marker is 25% towards my trip, ha ha ha ha! 5 months, 2 weeks and 3 days is sooo far away for an impatient gal like myself!

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings, fellow cruisers!

This will be the first Disney cruise for my wife and I. We're both Disney fans, (how could you not be when you live in Orlando, right?) And we can't wait for January. We booked several months ago but just found this forum. Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome WildcatMike13! It looks like were gonna have a full cast of amazing people! So excited for this trip!!

Hi! My family and I are on this cruise. We have friends renewing their wedding vows on board. We are getting ready to do the Western Caribbean on board the Fantasy in a week (2nd Disney Cruise). Guess we caught the Disney Cruise bug!

{edited by a moderator}

Hi! My family and I are on this cruise. We have friends renewing their wedding vows on board. We are getting ready to do the Western Caribbean on board the Fantasy in a week (2nd Disney Cruise). Guess we caught the Disney Cruise bug!

{edited by a moderator}

Ooooh congrats to your friends and you on your second cruise! The Disney Bug is probably one of the most expensive bugs to have unfortunately! Ha ha! Woo! Crazytown time! Welcome to Jan 30 Cruise!!

Hi everybody :wave2: It will be my mom and I cruising. We are cruising buddies. This will be her 6th, and my 7th, all DCL. We've been on all four ships and like them all. I can't remember when I booked this one, only because I moved it from May 2015. We went on the Magic instead in May. We're very excited about Tortola, planning on going to see The Baths at Virgin Gorda.

Happy planning :)

Has any one gone to Brewers Bay in Tortola? We aren't really planning any excursion's through the cruise ship but would like to go snorkeling. Really looking forward to our cruise.

Excited for this upcoming cruise. It will be our first as "Platinum". Anyone else from the Hartford, CT area. Anyone else taking their first platinum cruise?

We booked our excursions! Bought a new bathing suit! It'll be here before we know it.

Excited for this upcoming cruise. It will be our first as "Platinum". Anyone else from the Hartford, CT area. Anyone else taking their first platinum cruise?

Congrats! That's awesome!!! I'm no where near Platinum, but my next cruise after this will be Gold....so one day, ha ha! Can't wait for this cruise! It's so close, yet so far away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter