Sasktel Mobility cell phones at WDW

Saskmom

Earning My Ears
I started a new thread because no one on the sticky thread regarding cell phone use seems to be a Sasktel Mobility customer. I just got my bill from our trip in January. We have a month to month plan with 150 long distance minutes with Sasktel mobility. We paid 95 cents per minute total for roaming in Orlando. We made a couple of calls to each other (both Sasktel Mobility phones) and one call home. All 95 cents per minute. Our total roaming charges were $9.50 for 10 minutes of roaming. Any long distance charges and air time charges were included in our monthly package. This was exactly as Sasktel promised when I phoned before I left and I didn't have to do anything special. Just turn on my phone and use it. Hope this helps anyone else from Saskatchewan who was wondering.

Hey Saskmom! I must have missed your post in the cell phone thread. You are correct about SaskTel's 95 cent/minute charge for calls in the U.S. The 95 cents includes airtime, roaming charges and long distance so you don't use up your regular monthly minutes. I was also told that if we were making SaskTel cell to cell calls in the U.S. we would each be charged the 95 cent rate so we avoided using them for the most part. However we did use text messaging. We only have pay per use text messaging but it worked real well and only cost 10 or 15 cents per message and only for the sender. The other cell was not charged to receive the message.

Another thing to note when using a SaskTel cell in the U.S. is that calling a toll free 800 number is also subject to the 95 cent/minute charge.

Good to see another Saskatchewanian on the boards! :welcome:

We all have unlimited text so that is all we used. Thank goodness I am to cheap to pay those rates.

I copied the info from your post to the Cell PHone thread as well so the information is there for future Saskatchewanians.. :)

I somehow feel that should be Saskwatchegonians.. but that is neither here nor there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter