Sarilas' O-fficial Pre-Trip Report (a.k.a. Vacation, Take TWO!) - Jan. 30-Feb. 8, '09

The last time I went on a vacation even remotely this long was my honeymoon, and that was 10 days. :::sigh::: That was a really, really nice Disneymoon.:goodvibes Usually we go for 6 or 7, but I thought, hey, if I'm spending this much, let me just take on that extra day.:rotfl2:

My ideal Disney vacation would be 10 days, but Charles starts twitching everytime I mention it -- I think seven or eight days is his max.

My ideal Disney vacation would be 10 days, but Charles starts twitching everytime I mention it -- I think seven or eight days is his max.

Truthfully, I don't know if I would do that until my son is older...like, around your kids' ages. I wouldn't want to take a toddler/kindergartner for that long. Although I think it'd be okay, you should see the look on his face when we get home and he "finds" all his toys again. It's priceless.:goodvibes

Truthfully, I don't know if I would do that until my son is older...like, around your kids' ages. I wouldn't want to take a toddler/kindergartner for that long. Although I think it'd be okay, you should see the look on his face when we get home and he "finds" all his toys again. It's priceless.:goodvibes

:rotfl: That sounds too cute!

I scrapbook, but my style of scrapbooking is very simple, and very quick. I don't use a ton of stickers or embellishments. I do like color coordinating the paper I use as photo mats, but other than that, I'm a very get it in the book, record my writing for posterity kind of gal. And I love my books!:goodvibes If you want to jump in, it's very easy to do this style and be happy with it.

The last time I went on a vacation even remotely this long was my honeymoon, and that was 10 days. :::sigh::: That was a really, really nice Disneymoon.:goodvibes Usually we go for 6 or 7, but I thought, hey, if I'm spending this much, let me just take on that extra day.:rotfl2:

I've never successfully scrapbooked anything but I love seeing other people's creations! I may have to pick it back up with all that's running through my head.

We DID have a 5 day vacation once... but it totally doesn't count since it was us driving a UHaul cross country! :rotfl:

Ten days! That sounds like heaven!

The bonus thing about a long trip is not having to sorry about rushing from ride to ride... we'll have plenty of time to see everything and I really do want to be able to poke into all the shops and stands.

The bonus thing about a long trip is not having to sorry about rushing from ride to ride... we'll have plenty of time to see everything and I really do want to be able to poke into all the shops and stands.

Eight days will definitely afford you a much more relaxed approach to your vacation, and that in my opinion, is totally priceless. It's one of the reaons I'm soooo looking forward to ours this year. And even though my sensible side would have stayed at Pop, I'm so glad I booked a deluxe so we can truly enjoy this splurge vacation.

::yes:: With six days, we got in all our "main" stuff, but I would've loved to have been able to go back and look at some of the queue lines, and also search for hidden mickeys. I would've loved to manage a longer trip. *sigh*

::yes:: With six days, we got in all our "main" stuff, but I would've loved to have been able to go back and look at some of the queue lines, and also search for hidden mickeys. I would've loved to manage a longer trip. *sigh*
.....coughcoughlapulapufabbyfest2009coughcough....

Well, I don't think I am going to convince Charles on the 10 days -- he really had a panicked look in his eyes when I mentioned it. 8 days is probably ideal for all of us!

Eight days will definitely afford you a much more relaxed approach to your vacation, and that in my opinion, is totally priceless. It's one of the reaons I'm soooo looking forward to ours this year. And even though my sensible side would have stayed at Pop, I'm so glad I booked a deluxe so we can truly enjoy this splurge vacation.

I am really looking forward to my 8 days. :cloud9:

8 days was long enough to slow down and relax -- I just always leave Disney feeling like I missed stuff.

Happy happy update day!

So, I had originally taken a picture of the new bulletin board and yet to be filled trip binder for you. I felt SO accomplished just remembering that I needed to be organized, whether I fulfilled the actual organization task or not! :rotfl2:

Board:
bulletinboard.jpg

Binder:
binder.jpg

Cute, right? But could I leave well enough alone?

NO.

The bulletin board today:
bboard2.jpg

That sucker has been rhinestoned by my oldest daughter and myself - not an un-sparkly spot in sight! She even rhinestoned the thumbtacks! :lmao:

Now I have to organize some interior sections of the folder, and put together a cover and spine for it... maybe I'll let the husband do those things! Let him feel involved, like he actually has a say in any of this. :rotfl:

.....coughcoughlapulapufabbyfest2009coughcough....

ahemcoughcoughLL'sRIGHTahemcoughcough...

What? I can't make out what you're saying with all that coughing. ;)

Current plan is to attend LLFF, of course, but it's kinda unlikely that I'd be able to make it into even a week-long trip. :( Still, some World is better than no World, and of course it's even better with the Lapuettes. :hug:

OOH, sparkly bulletin board! Everything's better with sparklies. :thumbsup2

Lara thanks for the update and the sparkles! There's a serious lack of estrogen in my house...it's overwhelmed by all the testosterone...so I'm lovin' the pretty things!:thumbsup2

Oh my God, oh my God you guys. (Channeling Elle Woods.)

I'm debating on changing resorts. :laughing:

I know! I know you all warned me this would happen and I can't believe it is! But here's the deali-o: The family suites at ASM are (based on 08 value rates) $184 (pre tax). Both Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs have rooms that sleep 5 (and of course the babe in her crib), at $149 a night. A $30 difference is nothing to shake a stick at when I'm looking at 7 nights, especially since that's about the difference between the regular dining plan and the deluxe plan... ACK! :eek:

The only difference is less square footage in the room, no kitchenette and only one bathroom. But how much time are we going to spend in the room, REALLY?!

Oh my God, oh my God you guys. (Channeling Elle Woods.)

I'm debating on changing resorts. :laughing:

I know! I know you all warned me this would happen and I can't believe it is! But here's the deali-o: The family suites at ASM are (based on 08 value rates) $184 (pre tax). Both Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs have rooms that sleep 5 (and of course the babe in her crib), at $149 a night. A $30 difference is nothing to shake a stick at when I'm looking at 7 nights, especially since that's about the difference between the regular dining plan and the deluxe plan... ACK! :eek:

The only difference is less square footage in the room, no kitchenette and only one bathroom. But how much time are we going to spend in the room, REALLY?!
Welcome to the DIS. Your welcome packet includes, doubting your ADR's, compulsive checking of Trip Reports, lime green mickey heads and changing your resort 50 bazillion times. :goodvibes

I think you should book whatever room will make you feel better. You know how much space your family needs to be comfy. :thumbsup2

Welcome to the DIS. Your welcome packet includes, doubting your ADR's, compulsive checking of Trip Reports, lime green mickey heads and changing your resort 50 bazillion times. :goodvibes

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

I think you should book whatever room will make you feel better. You know how much space your family needs to be comfy. :thumbsup2

I second LL. Think long and hard about what that means for you guys. Are you on the dining plan? Is it easier to have a kitchenette with so many little ones? Do you plan on doing breakfast in the room? I could come up with lots of questions, but you're so savvy, I'm sure they're all runnin' through your brain right now, too.:goodvibes Good luck with your decision, and if you need to hash it out, we're here.:thumbsup2

So, based on number crunching and the old "will we REALLY need this?" discussions, we decided to get two rooms at ASMusic instead of the family suite. We didn't want to cram into one room (my idea of hell) but we really didn't need the kitchenette either (we have a cooler that plugs into the wall and we ARE driving down!). The final seal in the deal was that it's going to save us a couple of hundred dollars in room cost, even before I find out about next year's AAA discounts. Sign me up!

I went ahead and put in for the preferred rooms up front, but I may back out of that one. I don't really care WHERE we are - I know it's a longer walk and all, but for an extra $16 a day per room, hardly worth it since we'll never be IN the room long enough for it to matter. (Plus the further from the pool we are the quieter it'll be!)

OH! Something else that must be discussed!

Why have I never heard of the 180 days PLUS 10 rule for ADRs before! WHY, PEOPLE! My lovely reservationist just told me that because we're staying on property, we get a 10 day jump on everyone else to make our ADRs! But she had me way confused beyond that - she said my 190 mark was June 26th?! I'm SO CONFUSED! According to my handy dandy coloring calendar, my 190 mark would be July 5th...

Oh, I'm going to have to call Disney Dining, aren't I. :faint:

Good for you!

You knew what was best for the fam and made a great choice!

As far as the whole dining, thing...I don't get it myself...I think one of these sites has the 180+10 calculator on it...maybe someone can point the direction?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter