Saratoga Springs Manager contact information

r5moores

R5moores
Hi all-

Would any of you happen to know how to contact the manager of Saratoga Springs? We just came back from an 11 night stay and I am frustrated to say the least. We had numerous issues with our room with no resolution. I went to the front desk multiple times and called Maintenance as well. Some are not so big issues but all together made for an extremely frustrating experience.

Upon arrival we called and requested additional pillows and blankets. I rented a 2 bedroom and there were 8 of us. 6 adults and 2 kids. We called two additional times, 12:30 am being the third time, us being assured they were on their way. 7:30 am a stop to the front desk and we were advised they would send them right over. They arrived 11:30 am.

Room issues: Inside front door knob/handle fell off and the front plate that you need to scan your magic band continuously fell off causing issues getting inside the room

2nd bedroom- NONE of the drawers would open and I mean NONE. One was missing all its hardware. How that gets by with no one noticing is beyond me. The closet door was broken and hanging off its hinges, light bulbs burnt out, Tub spout loose and hanging out of the wall. Water would come out from BEHIND the spout instead of through the spout. The whole thing felt like it would fall off if it touched it. Not a good thing when you have two small children that take a bath. They had to shower them instead of giving them a bath since water sprayed all over coming out of the back of the faucet/spout.

Kitchen- Garbage disposal broken. Fridge- second rack completely fell and dumped all the food out of the fridge. Then the rack on the door completely cracked on both sides when I opened the fridge door a few days later and everything on the door came out, some bottles as well and broke on the floor. So had to clean the glass up.

Vacuum was broke, smelled like it was on fire when you plugged it in and tried to run it. The dryer took FOREVER to dry. I pulled the lint rack out and the dryer was filled inside under the lint rack. I stuck my hand down as much as I could and could pull out a handful of lint. Have no idea how long its been since that dryer was professionally done.

Living room……1 drawer worked the other was stuck. The HDMI cable was literally melted into the dvd player.

Main bedroom- ALL drawers stuck. Could not get one to open. My husband is a big guy and could not pry them open. I’m still not understanding how ALL drawers but one in the whole place was sealed closed. Drain in the main bedroom was clogged nothing went down. The jetted tub had black mold around EVERY jet. Literally black around every jet. The shower in the main bathroom had mold, lots of it. Above the mirror in the main bathroom there was a spray of dead bugs on the ceiling. I understand its Florida and there are bugs, but I would expect live bugs not a spray of dead bugs above the mirror. NO WAY housekeeping didn’t see them. Both fans in the main bathroom looked like they had fur growing on them. Looked like Chewbacca and Fozzy bear coming out of the vents.

I went to the front desk to complain. Housekeeping was sent over. We came back to the room. The front inside door knob was fixed and hardware was put onto the drawer in the 2nd bedroom and that drawer was fixed and the drain worked. That was it. None of the other drawers worked. We got in late so I went back down the next day. I advised what was not fixed and I was told maintenance would be sent over. A lady from maintenance came by. She said she came the day before and why did we call again. She really did act like we were bothering her. I told her none of the other drawers worked etc. told her about the fridge. All she wanted to know is if we had her red screwdriver, she thought she left it in the room the day before. We told her we didn’t see any screwdriver and she acted like we stole it. Like I need her red screwdriver. She then sits on the floor, takes one of our towels and wraps it around each handle and puts both of her legs braced against the bureau and pulls to shimmy the drawers loose and then said that’s all you had to do. I wouldn’t think to wrap a towel around each handle on the bureau, sit on the floor and brace my feet on the furniture and pull. That’s not something I should HAVE to do. She then goes to the fridge and pulls out the bottom shelves a little and rests the rack on it. That was her way of fixing the fridge. At that point the shelf on the door hadn’t broken yet.

Housekeeping never came to fix any of the cleaning issues. Never even came during the whole 12 days to clean. Both times we got up, on the 4th and 8th day and there was a basked waiting outside my door. I figured she put it there and would come back. NOPE…..NOTHING. I called and was told they would come the next day. And guess what NOTHING. Went to the front desk…..told me sorry for the inconvenience and that they could load 1 fast pass for everyone in my party due to having to come down some many times with no resolution.

UMM>. I don’t want your fast pass…..People can get a free fast pass for complaining about nothing in a park. I want you to CLEAN my room and fix everything.

I then called DVC member services to see if they could do anything the agent transferred me over to her supervisor based on all the issues. The supervisor put me on hold to call over to the resort. The call was disconnected while I was waiting. While I was calling back, they left a Voicemail for me stating she had spoken to the resort and a maintenance manager would be calling me right back. Wanna guess what happened……NO CALL. Nothing. I finally gave up with two days left of our 12 day trip trying to get anything resolved while on site. I wasn’t going to waste anymore of my vacation time, calling or visiting the front desk. I think I did enough of both.

Also as a side note, the sofa looked like it came from a frat house. The cushions literally pointed downwards. They were in such bad shape. Felt like there was no stuffing in the center of them. Same thing with the cushion that is on the banquet. It had more stains then a crime scene. Sometimes they just need to replace things that are that worn out and not wait for a refurbishment.

I’d like to send a written complaint to the manager of Saratoga Springs and have it dealt with. I used a lot of points (405) for this crap room and I need a resolution.

Sorry for the long post. Once I got started I just needed to vent it out. I have NEVER had a room this bad. This is supposed to be your “home” away from home. I can tell you MY home doesn’t look like this. This was no better than a 2 star hotel. I’ve stayed here before but have never had a room this bad. This was room 1135 in Congress park.

Thanks!

So sorry all that happened to you. Completely unacceptable!!!! (I think after the first few issues I would have camped out in the lobby until they gave us a new room).

Anyway, instead of the SSR manager, I'd send your letter to WDW Guest Services and copy it to DVC Member Satisfaction. It will get to the manager and probably to a few other people who need to know.

So sorry all that happened to you. Completely unacceptable!!!! (I think after the first few issues I would have camped out in the lobby until they gave us a new room).

Anyway, instead of the SSR manager, I'd send your letter to WDW Guest Services and copy it to DVC Member Satisfaction. It will get to the manager and probably to a few other people who need to know.

Thanks. New room wasn't an option. Some kind of special was being offered at Saratoga while we were there (We went 8/26-9/6). Apparently rooms were being offered for I think they said $212 or $218 or something like that so to drum up some business so another room wasn't an option. Maybe because it was a 2 bdr and no more available, which I find doubtful. I sent off the emails so I'll wait to see what happens.

Sorry that this happened to you, many of the rooms across property are like this, it's just that DIS posters haven't stayed in them and others feel that it's just their bad luck.

The reality is, Disney knows about these rooms, they just choose not to take them out of service to fix them.

I would send emails to Bob Iger, cc Bob Chapek, Karl Holtz and Ken Potrock. One of them might take note and do something.

Good luck

:earsboy: Bill

The jetted tub had black mold around EVERY jet.

New room wasn't an option.

With black mold on the tub, a new room would absolutely positively be an option. DH would not have left the front desk without a new room anywhere. He's seen me react to mold/mildew (at SSR), he dealt with me (in my reaction haze) decide to stick it out for one night and THEN move to another 2 bedroom (instead of moving to the Grand Villa they offered that night), and we've all decided that I don't get to make those decisions anymore when under the influence of mold/mildew (or off gassing of new furnishings/carpets), and there would have been a new room.

Definitely write to DVC.

In our case we somehow got the Housekeeping Manager to come (the next morning as we were waiting for our new room), and he was dubious until he got 2 feet into the room and smelled it. In your case, the sight of the tub should have caused the same reaction; one of "clear out, put up the hazard tape, let's fix this".

In our case, and IMO in yours, this was a room slated to be worked on that somehow got opened up. So it had been closed up for a bit (hence the mold etc) and no one had looked at it in awhile.

You left... now they don't care.

Seriously, I don't think sending a complaint to the hotel manager is going to work. I would complain to Member Services. Hopefully you have pictures etc... Just call them and calmly explain what was wrong and what you want. I would just start with "return my points" Keep pressing!

Next time go to the Lobby and make a scene! Do not leave the lobby until the Manager is going with you. (Another great option at SSR is to go over to the sales center, ask to see your guide and when they ask why start loudly going through the issues with your room in front of the customers LOL!) Trust me it's the only way Disney hotel management responds. LOL! I realize you didn't want to waste any more time, but if you make a big enough scene at the Front Desk until you see the manager in charge you won't have to. I had to do that once at OKW and once at Coronado (that one was classic, my room had no power and the idiots thought I should still stay there overnight... Uh, it's Florida in the summer and I am in a room with no power and Disney thinks that's "OK" LOL!)

Disney's hotel management is not professional and this is what happens. It's sad but it's not just DVC. (ONe of my worst hotel stays ever... GF!)

I would have demanded free AP's or I am going on 60 Minutes ! :jester:

In our case, and IMO in yours, this was a room slated to be worked on that somehow got opened up. So it had been closed up for a bit (hence the mold etc) and no one had looked at it in awhile.
It doesn't excuse the behavior, but it makes a tiny bit of sense that support groups may not immediately service an out-of-commission room, when they think other issues in guest-occupied rooms are more important (or that responsibility falls to a different group)

Seriously, I don't think sending a complaint to the hotel manager is going to work. I would complain to Member Services. Hopefully you have pictures etc... Just call them and calmly explain what was wrong and what you want. I would just start with "return my points" Keep pressing!

Next time go to the Lobby and make a scene! Do not leave the lobby until the Manager is going with you. (Another great option at SSR is to go over to the sales center, ask to see your guide and when they ask why start loudly going through the issues with your room in front of the customers LOL!) Trust me it's the only way Disney hotel management responds. LOL! I realize you didn't want to waste any more time, but if you make a big enough scene at the Front Desk until you see the manager in charge you won't have to. I had to do that once at OKW and once at Coronado (that one was classic, my room had no power and the idiots thought I should still stay there overnight... Uh, it's Florida in the summer and I am in a room with no power and Disney thinks that's "OK" LOL!)

Disney's hotel management is not professional and this is what happens. It's sad but it's not just DVC. (ONe of my worst hotel stays ever... GF!)

DVC doesn't control Disney resorts in fact they have the same impact as you do. I was once told by member satisfaction that they would call the resort about my issue but that I might have better luck if I called the resort manager.

DVD, the sales center has zero to do with Disney resorts and little to do with MS. You guide might not even work there, they may work from home or from the DVD/DVC building in Celebration. Making a scene there might get you removed from Disney property by security.

Sorry that this happened to you, many of the rooms across property are like this, it's just that DIS posters haven't stayed in them and others feel that it's just their bad luck.

The reality is, Disney knows about these rooms, they just choose not to take them out of service to fix them.

I would send emails to Bob Iger, cc Bob Chapek, Karl Holtz and Ken Potrock. One of them might take note and do something.

Good luck

Thanks for the information....do you happen to know their email addresses? Or would I just do the first name.last name thing?

I def. have pictures. Here are a couple as an example: The first pic is dead bugs on the wall. I expect some live bugs, it is Florida after all, but I don't expect to see a trail of dead bugs. The second pic is one of the jets....you can see the crud inside of the jet as well. The third pic is one of the other jets with the black mold around it, the fourth pic is disgusting scum left behind from I can only imagine a previous guest and the last picture is some of the black mold growing in the shower. That was all over in the shower.

The sad thing is I DID speak to a manager at the front desk. The agent, Anthony, offered me a set of free fast passes, one each for all guest on the reservation for that day. He said he had limited authority over what he could do so he called his manager over. HE was the one who said he could give us any fast pass but Frozen, fireworks or parades. Like a fast pass was going to fix it. I told him I wanted the room cleaned/fixed or moved. I was told over and over it would be fixed while we were at the parks.......come back nothing.....start again at the desk. It felt like 50 first dates or ground hog day. You are right though, I probably SHOULD have made a scene. I was trying to just get it fixed so the other 7 people in the party could enjoy the vacation. We had a great time when we were out of the room. We were out more than in but its the point that it SHOULD have been rectified and I shouldn't have to camp out at the front desk to make them do the right thing. Maintenance did come to my room, twice, and both times were supposed to come back to make everything right. I have come to the conclusion they just don't care. There is NO way they were not aware of all those issues in that room.

FYI, I did contact member services when I was getting nowhere with the resort itself. I spoke to a supervisor names Lacie. She told me there wasn't anything they could really do that my best recourse was to deal directly with the resort. She did place me on hold and told me she was going to call over to the resort for me to get it worked out. While on hold the call disconnected. I tried calling back but at the same time she called me back and went straight to VM. Her message stated that she spoke to the manager of Housekeeping and they were going to contact me back shortly to resolve it. I never got that call or any contact from them.

bugs.jpg jets.jpg jets3.jpg jets4.jpg shower mold.jpg

I am so sorry this happened to you. Having experienced the same kind of thing back in 2011, I can sympathize with what you went through on vacation. We actually had a toilet that was rocking back and forth and leaking sewer gas in the room (amongst other issues) and were told there were no rooms to move to. So sad to see that they are still letting rooms like this be rented. We were in congress park as well.

We did end up getting some points back, but I had to really keep on it. You can read the thread here http://www.disboards.com/threads/ssr-room-a-hot-mess-updated-with-pictures.2844938/

Very sorry to read about all these problems, OP. Completely unacceptable. I hope you get a resolution quickly. This also makes me nervous about the 1 bedroom at SSR I have booked for DSis and her hubby in a couple of months. There is no other availability or I would try to switch the reservation.

Very sorry to read about all these problems, OP. Completely unacceptable. I hope you get a resolution quickly. This also makes me nervous about the 1 bedroom at SSR I have booked for DSis and her hubby in a couple of months. There is no other availability or I would try to switch the reservation.

Thanks. We've stayed there three previous times in the last two years as well as other DVC resorts and have had no issues. I really do like it there, I'm hoping this was just a fluke room that was supposed to be out of commission and it was an oversight and was released into inventory by accident. I have already received a call back from the GM of Saratoga, he left a VM, I didn't get to the phone in time. He seemed extremely sincere with his apology and resolution. I will be speaking to him directly later today, but I feel confident it will be resolved to my satisfaction. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will keep you updated on the outcome.

Thanks. We've stayed there three previous times in the last two years as well as other DVC resorts and have had no issues. I really do like it there, I'm hoping this was just a fluke room that was supposed to be out of commission and it was an oversight and was released into inventory by accident. I have already received a call back from the GM of Saratoga, he left a VM, I didn't get to the phone in time. He seemed extremely sincere with his apology and resolution. I will be speaking to him directly later today, but I feel confident it will be resolved to my satisfaction. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will keep you updated on the outcome.
Sounds like things are finally moving in the right direction. I'll be waiting to read your update!

UPDATE: I spoke directly with the manager, he was extremely sincere and apologetic. I really felt he meant it. I have been made whole and I am satisfied with the outcome. Thank you all again for your words of wisdom :flower1:
Wonderful news! Thanks for posting this update!

UPDATE: I spoke directly with the manager, he was extremely sincere and apologetic. I really felt he meant it. I have been made whole and I am satisfied with the outcome. Thank you all again for your words of wisdom :flower1:
I don't know what the outcome is, and frankly it's not my business, but...

How can they possibly replace an experience like that? For me that would have wrecked the entire trip.

Their remedy is to charge outrageous prices so they can comp people who complain, instead of fixing the room.
I'm betting the room is still in the same condition and they are pawning it off on someone hoping they don't complain. If they do, they'll start with fast passes and hope for the best.

MG

I am glad you are satisfied with the outcome. You however did not speak to the GM of SSR if it was a male. The GM is female.

My guess would be manager of guest relations which honestly is better than speaking to the GM.

Those nasty jets are why the tubs are being removed. If you think it's bad on the outside I can assure you it is worse on the inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter