Sarah & Chris - Swan - 09-01-13 - Update

Hello!

Thanks for joining in! The dress I really had in mind, and carried a picture with me where ever I went, was I swear, no where in the world to be tried on. I asked in TX, OK, MO and IL. But when I tried the dress on that I bought, it was so close to the picture and I just knew it was it. I loved dress shopping, but I am also glad it is over.

Yes, waiting is the hard part! I hope it goes by quickly for you

Thank you for the kind words about our engagement pictures. That is my favorite picture too. They were so much fun to get done.

I hope that you will keep reading along, and I will be popping over to yours :bride:

Hello!

Thanks for joining in! The dress I really had in mind, and carried a picture with me where ever I went, was I swear, no where in the world to be tried on. I asked in TX, OK, MO and IL. But when I tried the dress on that I bought, it was so close to the picture and I just knew it was it. I loved dress shopping, but I am also glad it is over.

Yes, waiting is the hard part! I hope it goes by quickly for you

Thank you for the kind words about our engagement pictures. That is my favorite picture too. They were so much fun to get done.

I hope that you will keep reading along, and I will be popping over to yours :bride:

You're so lucky you already had the dress in mind. I've tried on about 20 dresses, all of which are beautiful, but I still haven't found the dress that really shines yet. Guess I have time! :goodvibes

Hey Sarah,
I have not commented in a while. I am sorry that you can not book yet. It will come soon enough.

Can't wait to read more girl

Teresa

Hey Sarah,
I have not commented in a while. I am sorry that you can not book yet. It will come soon enough.

Can't wait to read more girl

Teresa

Thanks, I have come a little more to terms with not being able to book yet. The good thing is, by the time we do book we will have all the money saved up to pay it off all at once!

Thanks for following along!

Hello fellow Sarah and fellow Swalphin!

Your dress is gorgeous! The color looks great for you and the flower details are so very Secret garden! I say go poof or go home! :laughing: add it in Until it's exactly what you want.

Don't be too discouraged about the time. It's easy to say now, when my wedding is weeks away, but I started planning 18 months out and came up against the same things. And it killed me! But I can safely say things will flow at the right pace. And guests? They don't really care a year out. I really thought so much about working to accommodate my guests and in the end, most people didn't even book until a few months out anyway.

Work on other details and the date will come before you know it! And woot on the upcoming trip! :banana:

Your dress is gorgeous! The color looks great for you and the flower details are so very Secret garden! I say go poof or go home! :laughing: add it in Until it's exactly what you want.

Don't be too discouraged about the time. It's easy to say now, when my wedding is weeks away, but I started planning 18 months out and came up against the same things. And it killed me! But I can safely say things will flow at the right pace. And guests? They don't really care a year out. I really thought so much about working to accommodate my guests and in the end, most people didn't even book until a few months out anyway.

Work on other details and the date will come before you know it! And woot on the upcoming trip! :banana:

Thank you about my dress! I am in love and found the stock photo so I have been looking at it a ton since I don't have my dress with me. I couldn't agree more about "go poof or go home" :rotfl:

You are right about letting it go at its own pace. I am trying very hard to not let it bother me, because you are right the guests won't book until way closer to the wedding.

I have bought wedding shoes, and I am going to crystallize them and I have mini mickey soaps to make, so I have projects to keep me busy, which is good.

I am SOO excited about our upcoming trip, I can hardly wait! :yay:

Hello again. I am excited to see your dress, it's so pretty. And how nice that you all met in the middle for you to try dresses on.

I know it is such a bummer not to be able to tie something down this far in advance but I am sure it will work out. And good for you for being super productive and staying ahead of the game. I am with you on that; you don't want to be in the last few months with tons of things to do.

Congrats on your Florida trip! That's such great news. :woohoo:

I have been MIA for awhile. I am sorry. There hasn't been much happening in the wedding front, since I can't secure my date yet. The good news is, we have saved up enough money to pay for the ceremony, the harpist as well as the photographer. So, at least when we can book, we will get all the major stuff out of the way.

Moving on. We have decided that the guys will have super hero touches. My DF loves Superman. So, as I am sure many have seen something like this...
offbeat-diy-spring-inspired-california-wedding-superhero-costumes.jpg

So, we will have DF as Superman, the Best man as Batman, groomsman 1 as Green Lantern and groomsman 2 as The Flash. Along with their tee shirts, they will have their matching superhero on the boutonniere.
Something like this
bouts.jpg

But I bought these guys (bad pic)
178535_753269865839_12576650_o.jpg

Anyway, I just have to get them off their bases, but I think they are the perfect size, to add just a little touch for the guys. I just have to figure out how I want them to look. I am trying not to use flowers at all for the guys. Maybe a paper origami flower made from comic books?

A sad little update, yes. But come September when I can finally book my date, I will really get rolling'!!!

Thanks! I was trying to come up with something that would be a nod to Chris, without totally throwing off my vision. I think I have finally gotten him excited about a part of the wedding. This has been the only thing he has wanted to talk about as far as the wedding goes, at this point. He was excited when the little action figures came in.

Hopefully he will start to get more involved as time goes on.

Hi Sarah! Glad to see you back on the boards. I know what you mean about being MIA. Soooo, those superhero pictures of groomsmen: HILARIOUS! What a great idea! Truly brilliant.

Just catching up with your PJ. I love your ring & your inspiration board! Can't wait to read more!

Since there isn't too much I can do with my date yet, I have been focusing on little things that we know we want. For instance, my shoes. I got this idea from some of the girls in the DisBrides Facebook group. Of course I can't find the pictures right now, but they took regular shoes and crystallized them with Swarovski crystals. I was walking around the mall when I was bored one day and decided to go into a store I have never been in before. I was walking around and they seemed to have some good sales. I wasn't looking to buy anything, but then I saw some great sales on shoes, so I checked them out. They had 2 pairs left and one was in my size.

IMAG0068.jpg

They are a perfect height for me, as I am not too much shorter than DF and I don't want to kill myself walking around the day of the wedding. The BEST part? They were only 10 bucks!! I got the crystals in the mail today, waiting on the tool to get here, so I can start the process!

We will also be doing welcome bags for our guests. I thought a cute little addition would be to include Mickey soaps. I looked all over for a soap mold, or already made Mickey soaps, and I couldn't find anything that I liked. I was trolling ebay and found a Vinylmation ice cube tray. :idea: So, I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up my materials! It is a bit tedious but not difficult. This was from the first batch.
IMAG0067.jpg

The purple smells like wild berry and the green smells like lemon. Hobby Lobby didn't have a huge selection of scents, so I will probably buy some online. I found a place that had wedding cake and champagne, which I thought would be fun. These are going to my co-workers at the Disney Store, so we will see what they say about them

I don't get to Michael's very often, so I got Chris to take me the other night (he must have been in a good mood, he HATES Michael's) I was looking for a jewel setter for my shoes, and just started walking around. Wandered over to the wedding stuff, as I am telling DF that you can sometimes find cheap wedding invites. Low and behold! A box of 40 invites in our color, and for one 10 dollars! We bought 2 boxes, so that gives us 80 invites. So far, we have 80 on the invite list, as single people, so I estimate we will send out about 60 or so. Here they are
IMAG0069.jpg

The pic the color looks a little off, but they are the bright lime color, that we are using. I was SO excited. In my budget I had invited listed for 300, so I think that was a big savings!

So, for not really looking for wedding stuff, I have been finding great deals! Maybe it is like "A watched pot never boils". Maybe, you can't go hunting for a great deal, you just need to let it find you :)

Hey Sarah!

So I have SO much to say! I'll start with: your engagement pictures are sooo cute!! I don't think it matters at all that you didn't get to Disney for them, they're adorable as they are and when you're at Disney for your wedding it will be even more special because you'll finally have pics at Disney :flower3:

I'm loving reading your plans, don't you just love it when you get lucky like that with such great deals?! I think the superhero ideas are awesome too. I feel your pain about not being able to book your date yet, we're looking at October 2013 and I'm too afraid to ask when I can book for fear of being told no :sad1:

I'm subscribing, can't wait to read more! I love reading about Disney weddings that aren't the traditional DFTW, that's the route we're taking too (when we're close enough to book and make it official that is!). But, on a happy note, at least as you say you've saved up the money from having to wait :thumbsup2 I feel like the pressure's off us a little because we still have over a year, we'll see

Hey Sarah!

So I have SO much to say! I'll start with: your engagement pictures are sooo cute!! I don't think it matters at all that you didn't get to Disney for them, they're adorable as they are and when you're at Disney for your wedding it will be even more special because you'll finally have pics at Disney :flower3:

I'm loving reading your plans, don't you just love it when you get lucky like that with such great deals?! I think the superhero ideas are awesome too. I feel your pain about not being able to book your date yet, we're looking at October 2013 and I'm too afraid to ask when I can book for fear of being told no :sad1:

I'm subscribing, can't wait to read more! I love reading about Disney weddings that aren't the traditional DFTW, that's the route we're taking too (when we're close enough to book and make it official that is!). But, on a happy note, at least as you say you've saved up the money from having to wait :thumbsup2 I feel like the pressure's off us a little because we still have over a year, we'll see

Welcome to me PJ! Nice to have you here. Where are you planning your wedding for? If you are going through the S/D she told me to ask a year out. BUT I am going to see if we can book in August. I am getting really impatient. We decided to wait for the year so we could save up our money, I agree it feels like the pressure is off a little.

Glad to have you aboard! :banana:

Update on my shoes!

I got in my crystals and started the process of crystallizing them. I ordered, well DF ordered 1,440 crystals for me. I thought that number might be cutting it close...

Here is the heel
IMAG0093.jpg

Here is one side
IMAG0098.jpg

Here is the other
IMAG0099.jpg

As you can see, I am WAY short on crystals to finish ONE shoe. Uh-oh. DF is already giving me grief, on how expensive these are going to be. Good thing the shoes only cost 10 dollars! It hasn't been difficult, but time consuming...and it will be expensive. BUT I will have VERY VERY sparkly shoes!!!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter