Which Hair Accessory?

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7176/6780518260_186f66c914.jpg[/img]

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7181/6926673779_3f3d6ff04b.jpg[/img]

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7042/6926673659_b2ea358c82.jpg[/img]

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7041/6926636353_aa4e539ae2.jpg[/img]

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sizzle

Mouseketeer
You would think that 14 months of engagement, and endless hours on this site I would have started my planning journal by now. Of course, it would have been a total cluster since I have planned and replanned the day a dozen times by now :D

Brandon and I are planning our wedding from Seattle. We are having an evening wedding with roughly 50 guests on Saturday, April 28th at the Crescent Terrace at the Swan & Dolphin hotel. We will have a seated dinner to follow at Il Mulino. After that? Magic Kingdom, baby!

I'm going to try and keep an index here as well. Let's start with ...

The Bad Report

Our Story

The Engagement

Day Of Details / Vendors

The Ring

The Dress

Invites

Flower Girl Dresses

Shoes and Streamers

Caketopper and more

Info for my hair

I had just recently moved to Seattle and was doing as much as I could to get out and meet people. A new friend Kristi and I decided to head to a "Singles Mixer" at nearby church. All day long I kept thinking "I'm going to meet someone tonight!" I just had that feeling, all day long. Something really great was about to happen.

We got all dolled up and headed to the church. To our complete disappointment, we arrived to a room full of very very young people. I don't know about you, but I didn't consider myself a "single" when I was still in High School. I swear, none of them could have been old enough to even go to a bar. And for a couple of gals in their late 20's, this just wasn't our crowd. We left quickly, feeling a bit deflated.

A Saturday night with hair, makeup and the perfect outfit couldn't be wasted, so we met up with some friends at a bar. This bar in particular is one that I swear, you can walk in, drink a glass of water and walk out trashed. I wasn't drinking water, but I did have a few cocktails ;)

We left the bar to hop to another in the area, and I took that opportunity to show everyone how good I am at running (I get a few drinks at me and decide I'm athletic, I have no idea why) While I was running ahead of the group, I looked down a street and saw two guys walking up. One of them was a lumberjack of a man who caught my eye right away. I walked right up to him, linked my arm in his and said "Hi! I'm Sarah!" He looked over at this strange girl who had her arm in his and said "Well, hi there Sarah! I'm Brandon"

We walked together to another bar where he bought me a drink and talked for hours and hours. We clicked instantly. I gave him my phone number and we had the most romantic kiss on the sidewalk as I hailed my chariot (cab) home. The next morning I called one of my best friends and told her I was in loOooOOve!! And that I met the man I was going to marry. I just knew.

Brandon kept his promise and called me the next day. We went on a date the next weekend and have been together ever since. 3 1/2 years of unabashed love.

Our very first vacation together was November 2009 to Disney World. Brandon and I were both so excited to learn that the other person loved Disney World so naturally we started planning that as our vacation within the first year of dating. The trip was amazing, and apparently sparked an idea with Brandon. One night we had dinner at the California Grill and were able to watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom from the rooftop deck. It was very romantic and he decided right there "I have to propose to Sarah here!" Well, of course he didn't have a ring so the planning started.

One year later, we were taking the same trip back to Disney. We nicknamed the trip "Upgrades!" because I kept getting surprised along the way of plans Brandon had secretly made. Like when we got on our plane from Seattle and I found that were were in first class! Brandon smiled and said "Upgrade!". Then I was reviewing our itinerary for the hotel and wanted to call and confirm something. Brandon panicked a bit and told me not to. Then he confessed that he had secretly changed our booking from Pop Century to Coronado Springs. Upgrade!

Well, I started to get the hint. This was a special trip. Don't get me wrong, there was a big part of me hoping that there would be a ring on my finger by the end of the week, but I also was afraid of being disappointed. This was going to be a great vacation and I wasn't going to be bummed out if he didn't propose.

I had made reservations again at the California Grill on one of our last nights of the trip. A few months before then, Brandon made a stink about changing the reservation to earlier in the week. I got a bit ticked since I had worked hard on our DNR but changed it anyway. (Of course I had no idea it was because he realized he wouldn't be able to get through the whole week without popping the question!)

The night of the dinner at California Grill I was not feeling well at all. We had been in the hotel for a few hours with me in bed and I was not terribly motivated to get ready. No makeup, lazy hairdo and a jacket I had bought in the gift shop when the weather was colder than I had anticipated.

The plan was, we would check in for our reservation but head to the deck to watch the Wishes display, then have dinner. I went to the deck and waited for Brandon to get us drinks. Just a few minutes on the deck and the table buzzer goes off. Well, I had a "told ya so!" moment since the reservation was all screwed up from my original DNR. I walk in and motion at Brandon at the bar. He looked SO frazzled! grabbed our drinks and we head to our table. Brandon asks our server if he can speak to him for a moment. They walk off and come back, he says they will hold our table while we go out on the balcony.

By the time we get to the deck, it was pretty full. We tried our best to poke our way up to the front, but there were a lot of kids all over. Brandon was freaking out and trying so hard to ask Moms to take their kids away so he could have his proposal. It didn't matter, because the fireworks started and the music swelled. He was standing behind me and tapped me on the shoulder. He said "Sarah, I have something to ask you before this starts" He got on one knee and proceeded to say a string of lovely words that I'm sure were a cohesive sentence but I didn't hear a word. I burst into tears and started fanning my face saying "Oh my gosh oh my gosh" over and over and over. He finally had to remind me to actually *answer* to which I said YES! Over and over and over!

We watched the fireworks and cried, hugged. It was beautiful. I hadn't even noticed that during the proposal there were pictures being taken. And thats one of my favorite parts...so let's back up to Brandon getting drinks before dinner.

While he was at the bar, he was transferring the ring from the soft pouch to the hard box. A gentleman was at the bar as well and saw the transfer. "You're popping the question tonight?" he asked and Brandon with a big grin on his face said yes, he was asking me to be his wife tonight. He wished Brandon luck and they parted ways. Well, he decided to capture that special moment for us himself. He stood behind Brandon and snapped tons of pictures on his camera. Then after the fireworks as we were all walking back into California Grill, he handed Brandon his business card and said to e-mail him for the pics. He wishes us the best and said he hoped to see us there again someday with our future children. Cue more crying! It was one of the most amazing moments of my life and this stranger caught it on film for me! Can't believe it

6662062971_84ed3ac8c0.jpg
[/url]

Date:
April 28th, 2012 @5:30pm

Where:
Crescent Terrace at the Swan and Dolphin Hotel

Picture1.jpg

We actually went back and forth on several different locations at this venue. We finally picked the Terrace due to the privacy and the foliage which will provide free decor!

I'm not really going to be decorating much, since I'm planning this from Seattle. We're going to honeymoon in Disney for 2 weeks so I will have 0 extra space to drag things down (plus part of the appeal of the destination wedding for me was not having to stress over decorations and other details)

I will be doing an arch though and I decided on one big cluster of flowers at the top, like this other Swan Bride did here

BLOG-first-pic.jpg

Reception
Il Mulino. It is next door to the Crescent Terrace and they have been amazing to work with. Really excited!

Photography
http://vitalicphoto.com/

Videography
http://vimeo.com/vitalicphoto

Music
String Trio - suggested by S/D coordinator, they play for Seaworld

Officiant
Rev Phil McCullough

Flowers
I actually don't know the name of the vendor! Karen at Just Marry has me booked for someone. I want my bouquet to look like this
color-ispiration_peach.jpg

That also shows my colors. I opted out of having a wedding party. Our total guest list is 41 people and most of those are immediate family. It felt weird to have a ton of people up front with such a small ceremony. Just my preference. We will have corsages and boutonnières for our parents. The flower girls have streamers they will be holding.

oh yeah, I am having flower girls and a ring bearer :D My two nieces who will be respectively, 3 and 5 during the ceremony will do the honors of cute relief during the ceremony. And my 7 year old nephew will be the bearer of rings.

Congrats to another Swan bride! I love the story of your meeting and proposal!

Always good to see a new PJ from a S/D bride!!! Keep up the good work sweetie!!!

Thank you ladies!!

The planning is in full swing. I won't get into how much I am a moron and screwed up booking our trips....(waiting until a "better deal comes along" bit me in the @ss) but as of last night, everyone is booked! Brandon and I have two weeks at the Contemporary for our wedding and honeymoon. /me faints. I never thought I would get to stay there, so I'm jazzed!!

I also ordered a necklace I found online that is so unique. I'm hoping it looks as nice in person to use for the wedding.

Congrats and welcome! What a lovely story. Thanks for sharing. We're having our VR at Crescent terrace a month before you. I can't wait to hear more about your plans :)

Your story is too cute! I love it! :laughing:

Your proposal story is so so sweet! How luck you are to have that photo!! :hug:

The floral bouquet is gorgeous and I adore your colors!! The necklace is so unique-- pretty!

YAY for another S/D bride!

Thanks so much for all the sweet comments! It's so great for the date to finally be in reach =)

And GREAT NEWS! I switched the reception and so far I couldn't be happier with Il Mulino! I had been working with the Blue Zoo since May of last year and had nothing but problems. The last straw was an e-mail from November that had never been answered, a follow up to the unanswered e-mail over a week ago still not being answered. I can't plan a wedding from out of state if the contact won't get back to me.

Il Mulino looks like it's going to be an even better option. We knew the menu at Blue Zoo was much more our speed and might not be as much of a crowd pleaser (for those picky eaters like my FMIL who hates fish!) but Il Mulino really will be more of a crowd pleaser. And the coordinator there has me feeling so very taken care of.

Next up: Menu Selection, Wine Selections and Seating Charts!

Yay for switching to Il Mulino! You know what, Bluezoo was my first choice too but they would. not. get back to me. It drove me nuts and when I visited Il Mulino the manager Brian was so amazing and wonderful that we booked on the spot. Erica is so great to work with! They even let us come up for a menu tasting and we were able to switch out a salad that we didn't like and choose wines. I've been thrilled with them so far and another S/D bride just had her reception there and raved about it too. I think you'll be happy with your choice!

Congratulations, your story is lovely!

I love the necklace, and think it will look beautiful on your special day! xx

Well, I got the necklace. It is totally unique and beautiful, but I don't think it's going to be right for the wedding. whah whah. It's just a bit too long with no way to adjust the length. SO! Onto more jewelry brainstorming (there are worse things to do in life I suppose lol)

We ordered our invitations! WOOHOO! And B did great work on our wedding website coding in an RSVP field that sends right to our wedding email. So happy he's technical. I'll get them in the mail in a week or so and send them out shortly after. We're requesting a March 1st RSVP (not what the wedding books say to do, but this is destination. And we sent out STD's in October so this isn't news to anyone)

Now I'm really debating about Welcome Bags. I go back and forth on it pretty much by the hour. On one hand, I keep reminding myself to keep it simple (or KISS as Dwight says) and that the whole point of this destination wedding was to make things easy on myself and not get hung up on details. Then the other side of me thinks it would be so cool and I should just do it LOL. I also really want to do a group Tshirt. I've always wanted to be one of those groups that has matching shirts but my family would *never* go for that. This is the one chance I have to really FORCE them because it's my wedding. mwa ha ha. totally evil reason, but this may be my only opportunity for matching shirts at Disney. I just can't imagine the logistics of getting everyone's sizes. Then deciding who to make shirts for and who not to (this is destination with our closest family, but there will be additional guests that are not going to necessarily be in the parks with us the whole time. I just am afraid of leaving anyone out, but wouldn't want to make shirts for everyone. Ehh, this is already sounding too complicated!! :P

I also need to pick out what we're doing for a guest book. My most recent inspiration was the idea of using a coffee table book and have people sign in it. Here's a few ideas

http://www.amazon.com/Animation-Walt-Disney-Studios-Archive/dp/1423117166/ref=pd_sim_b_20

http://www.amazon.com/Tale-Old-Time-Making-Beauty/dp/1423124812/ref=pd_sim_b_1#_

http://www.amazon.com/Fantasia-2000...135?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326655361&sr=1-135#_

Three different Disney type books. It's just hard to know how much sigining space there will be when I can't see it in person. So we'll see.

Sorry that the necklace won't work, but hey now you get to do some more jewelery shopping!

Congrats on ordering the invitations and getting a wedding website.

I went back and forth with the welcome bags too and in the end I decided to do simple ones. I knew I wanted to do some kind of welcome letter with info on the ceremony, transportation, etc so a welcome bag seemed like a good place to put it. I feel like it will make my guests feel special and since they're travelling far to be with us it seemed worth it to me. We're not going overboard or anything though, I think each bag total will cost around $3 including all of the contents.

I like the shirt idea and I totally think you should take advantage of your bride power and make them all wear the shirts. Then take lots of pictures because it will probably never happen again. If you don't want to go through getting everyone's size maybe just order some iron on's and send them out to everyone? Etsy has some really great ones. I'm probably gonna order from this seller: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MissMorgan?section_id=7664112&page=1 She does custom designs too.

I've never seen any of the books in person but based on looks I like book #1 best.

Jillian, I'm still rolling about the beef jerky suggestion I made on your PJ. The best part is that I love beef jerky and Brandon HATES it LOL! So it was hilarious to hear it is the opposite at your house!

Thanks for the weigh in on the books, I think I like the animations one best too. I'm still back and forth on whether or not I want to do that, or something else. At times I think I'm going to skip it all together. *shrug*

And you are my hero for the iron on idea and vendor suggestion!! I seriously squealed when I saw them! And I think I will exert my bride power and make a group tshirt! ahh the blackmail! mwa ha ha ha!

Well, I got the necklace. It is totally unique and beautiful, but I don't think it's going to be right for the wedding. whah whah. It's just a bit too long with no way to adjust the length. SO! Onto more jewelry brainstorming (there are worse things to do in life I suppose lol)

We ordered our invitations! WOOHOO! And B did great work on our wedding website coding in an RSVP field that sends right to our wedding email. So happy he's technical. I'll get them in the mail in a week or so and send them out shortly after. We're requesting a March 1st RSVP (not what the wedding books say to do, but this is destination. And we sent out STD's in October so this isn't news to anyone)

Now I'm really debating about Welcome Bags. I go back and forth on it pretty much by the hour. On one hand, I keep reminding myself to keep it simple (or KISS as Dwight says) and that the whole point of this destination wedding was to make things easy on myself and not get hung up on details. Then the other side of me thinks it would be so cool and I should just do it LOL. I also really want to do a group Tshirt. I've always wanted to be one of those groups that has matching shirts but my family would *never* go for that. This is the one chance I have to really FORCE them because it's my wedding. mwa ha ha. totally evil reason, but this may be my only opportunity for matching shirts at Disney. I just can't imagine the logistics of getting everyone's sizes. Then deciding who to make shirts for and who not to (this is destination with our closest family, but there will be additional guests that are not going to necessarily be in the parks with us the whole time. I just am afraid of leaving anyone out, but wouldn't want to make shirts for everyone. Ehh, this is already sounding too complicated!! :P

I also need to pick out what we're doing for a guest book. My most recent inspiration was the idea of using a coffee table book and have people sign in it. Here's a few ideas

http://www.amazon.com/Animation-Walt-Disney-Studios-Archive/dp/1423117166/ref=pd_sim_b_20

http://www.amazon.com/Tale-Old-Time-Making-Beauty/dp/1423124812/ref=pd_sim_b_1#_

http://www.amazon.com/Fantasia-2000...135?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326655361&sr=1-135#_

Three different Disney type books. It's just hard to know how much sigining space there will be when I can't see it in person. So we'll see.

I think using one of those books would be such a great idea for a guest book! Have you thought about seeing if a local library has one, that way you can see the insides? Or if there's a seller on ebay that might show more of the inside pages?

And sometimes, you just have to use your Bride Powers for evil in addition to for good. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter