Sarah & Brandon's Swan/Il Mulino 04.28.12**The not so good stuff**

Which Hair Accessory?

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7176/6780518260_186f66c914.jpg[/img]

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7181/6926673779_3f3d6ff04b.jpg[/img]

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7042/6926673659_b2ea358c82.jpg[/img]

• [img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7041/6926636353_aa4e539ae2.jpg[/img]

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just caught up and I am so glad to have another S/D sister.

*glad you are more happy with il mulino
*love the dresses
*love the succulents in the bouquet.

looks like grand slam planning so far.

can't wait for more

Teresa

She is so cute! It made me laugh that she thought you and her were getting married. Kids says some funny things. The dress is really unique and looks adorable on her. Nice pick!

Just catching up sweetie!! The invites and STDs are awesome and the flowergirl is just too cute!!! It all seems to be coming together very nicely!!!

Super cute (and great price)!!

She is adorable!

Thank you!!

Hey!

1st your ring is beautiful! such a good choice!! :) very pretty! :love:

Your STDs are cool too, bless Brandon for making these!!! and your invitations are simple and elegant! :)

Your flower girl is sooo cute, the dress is very sweet!

Happy Planning!!!

X X X

Thank you so much, Fay! Brandon has been such good help, I'm lucky he's creative. You don't want to know how terrible and ghetto my first draft was :rotfl:

Super adorable! And what a great price! :goodvibes

Yes, I'm a sucker for a good deal!!

What adorable dresses. I love them!

Thank you!

I just caught up and I am so glad to have another S/D sister.

*glad you are more happy with il mulino
*love the dresses
*love the succulents in the bouquet.

looks like grand slam planning so far.

can't wait for more

Teresa

Thanks, Teresa! You are a great Swan Sister bride, I have loved following along with your PJ!!

She is so cute! It made me laugh that she thought you and her were getting married. Kids says some funny things. The dress is really unique and looks adorable on her. Nice pick!

She cracks me up, Jilian. She is so much like me as a kid, Brandon and I often call her our Practice Child.

Just catching up sweetie!! The invites and STDs are awesome and the flowergirl is just too cute!!! It all seems to be coming together very nicely!!!

Thank you so much! I loved quietly watching your planning last year, so glad you're here for my PJ too!! :)

Your flower girl dresses are so cute and I love your ring, it is so pretty and sparkly.

Those two little girls make any dress look cute ;) It is cute though, thank you for the comment!

I've been hitting the pavement pretty hard since January hoping to shape up a bit for the big day. And I got the call that my wedding dress is already in! :eek: It wasn't supposed to be here until March. Good thing it's early, but I'm not completely ready to see my body in that dress yet (don't get me started, but I ordered the dress a size smaller so there's a good chance it doesn't fit at this very moment)

I postponed the fitting until the end of the month and I'm pretty close to the correct measurements so hopefully it works out. I do need to get a corset or some type of smoothing strapless undergarment though. Any good suggestions for plus size/bigger busts?? I will still be losing up until the week before the wedding so I will need one that will also adjust some as time goes on.

Ok now onto more good stuff. I got my shoes today!!!! I had been spending *hours* online looking at shoes. I really wanted pink or orange to go more with the bouquet colors. And I wanted something fun, with a bit of my personality. Everything else I'm wearing is pretty traditional but I do have a big colorful tattoo on my arm so I wanted a splash of that personality in my shoes too. The downer was that I needed heels. The dress was ordered in a petite so that no hemming will be required as long as I wear a 2" heel. Being thrifty I chose that option, but ideally I wanted flats. Just don't trust myself not to flip my ankle :lmao: But these are really comfortable and the heel hits my arch in just the right spot, so I think they will totally be doable for the day. And they are now my "something blue"!

I found these on heels.com and they are everything I wanted!! It was my first time using the site and I have to say it was an excellent experience. Highly recommend. So here they are!

6883259513_83d52225ba.jpg

And I also got these great custom made ribbons! I will be using these in place of flower girl baskets. This will be a great alternative, since I didn't really want to have to travel with baskets. And the girls will love to play with these after the wedding. I bought them through Etsy store ThePurpleTangerine. They were great to work with! I sent them a photo of my bouquet and they custom dyed the silks to get a nice color match! These are exactly what I wanted.

6883259773_5ec6c7587b.jpg

They seemed small to me at first, then I realized that the people holding them are really small :rolleyes1 so it made more sense.

Just waiting now for all of the RSVPs to roll in so I can firm up the seating chart and dessert party plans. (And hopefully the rep from Disney will actually send me my packet for the dessert party) I know the Invites were only sent out a few weeks ago but I'm so anxious for them to all get back in!! So excited with how things are coming along. Oh, and I need to decide on a guest book. Decisions, decisions.

Very cool shoes! I've never seen them before, I like how different they are. It is really cool when brides bring their own personality into their weddings.

The ribbons are a cute idea. I've been trying to figure our whether or not I want my daughter to drop petals or do flower girl type stuff.

Good luck with the fitting! I hope it goes well. I'm not help on the large bust question, I have a non-existant bust. Most wedding shops have lots of different options for undergarmets though, so maybe you could see what they have available and if the price is insane you could shop online for your own? That way you can try on their different options with your dress. That is what I did and I ended up buying my bra at my wedding shop. I think it was $70 or so?

Thanks Jilian! Appreciate the advice for my underoos! I think I'm going to head to te mall this weekend and see what I can find. If nothing there, can always go the online route. My wedding store didn't have any and the seamstress I'm going to for my fitting doesn't look to have any either, so we will see!

Other flower girl ideas I looked at...

* here comes the bride signs
* big bubble wands
* passing out candy like Hershey's kisses
* Pom poms

Those might be fun things for your daughter to do!

Love love love the shoes and the ribbons are an excellent idea - lovely!!!

Hey Sarah,

Shoes are LUSH! They are irregular choice right? I have the black pair with the bow across the middle... very minnie mouse! :) Love them! and you are right about how cofy they are!

My dress isn't even in yet! At least yours is at the shop! Im a little scared how mine will look... I've lost 2 stone and a bit but I still have 13 pound to go! Its hard but we'll do it! :)

Love your ribbons too! Very cute idea!

Muchos Love

XXX

Love love love the shoes and the ribbons are an excellent idea - lovely!!!

Thank you!! I'm so glad my sister suggested ribbons. Will be much easier than lugging baskets there and back.

The shoes are awesome and I love the ribbons-- so pretty!!

Thanks so much, Faith!

Hey Sarah,

Shoes are LUSH! They are irregular choice right? I have the black pair with the bow across the middle... very minnie mouse! :) Love them! and you are right about how cofy they are!

My dress isn't even in yet! At least yours is at the shop! Im a little scared how mine will look... I've lost 2 stone and a bit but I still have 13 pound to go! Its hard but we'll do it! :)

Love your ribbons too! Very cute idea!

Muchos Love

XXX

Hey Fay! Yes, they are Irregular Choice shoes. My first pair and I absolutely love them. This is going to be an expensive shoe habit I suspect :lmao:

And we totally have each others back's in the dress fitting, weight loss department! You're doing so well, I know we can both reach our goals! Girl support! :banana:

Yay!!! Fat fighting power!!!

Here's to slimmer more beautiful brides we shall be!!!

Mwah

Xxx:cheer2:

Yay!!! Fat fighting power!!!

Here's to slimmer more beautiful brides we shall be!!!

Mwah

Xxx:cheer2:

You know it, girl! Ran my first 5K (at home lol) and I'm shooting to complete an official one before the wedding! Wish me luck! :banana:

Awesome shoes. I love the ribbons!

Thank you! I think the girls will go crazy over them

:love: ur shoes & ribbons!

Thanks! You can't totally tell but they have just a tiny bit of bling on them. Know you love that! :goodvibes

Well today I finally got the official contract for the Dessert Party on Sunday at Grand Floridian, Sago Cay. Its been a bit of a PITA but glad I can get that ball rolling. And I am so lucky, my Mom agreed to bring in our professional photographers and videographer to capture the Dessert Party too! I'm really excited about this because I feel like it will be much more "reception like" than our seated dinner after the ceremony will be. So having the pro photos and videos is going to wrap everything up so nicely! I just need to get a good headcount so I can decide which menu to go with. I have a more expensive one now, but as the head count goes up, the menu $$ will need to go down. Especially since I lost the battle of being cheap and using an ipod instead of spending $500 :scared1: to "pipe" the music in (which especially irks me since the equipment is already there, they are basically flipping a switch for 500 bucks.) But everyone wanted it and I can't say I won't love having it too :rolleyes1

I went to Nordstrom yesterday and fell in love with a purse! But it is $80 and I feel like the budget keeps growing and growing. Seems like latley everything is "Why not? It's your wedding! Go for it!" which is becoming expensive. So I am going to try to hit some antique and thrift stores and see if I can find a vintage one that I might like just as much. For reference, these are the two that I am debating about. The first is the one I saw in person at Nordys (Which in person it is much bigger and fluffier. Like a marshmallow flower lol)

Nordstrom Purse

Etsy Purse

Any favorites between the two??

I've been debating about jewelry, hair, makeup for awhile. I think I'm pretty sure I'm going to do big earrings, no necklace, hair up with my veil (and blusher veil) and maybe small flower pins in my hair. I don't normally wear earrings and my ears are very sensitive, so it will be a bit of a challenge to find just the right pair.

We need to sort out who is getting a Tshirt since DF just informed me that several of his Aunts and Uncles won't be coming into the parks at all :confused3 Kinda bummed me out, but I guess I get it. (well, I don't but to each there own) So I need to get the head count to my relative who will be making them. That will also determine how many welcome bags we make. And we are still deciding if we should try to assemble them ahead of time and deal with bringing them there, or buy all of the stuff once we have arrived. It will mostly depend on how many bags we do.

I have my first dress fitting on Sunday!! :cheer2: I'm a bit nervous about the fit since I ordered it a size smaller than the size I was when I bought it. According to the measurements of the dress though it should be pretty close, so we will see. I need to make the appointment for the bustle and fingers crossed, if I can stick to this current work out and diet routine I just might need it taken in. I also am making an appointment at Nordstrom for a bra fitting. I was going to do a corset type thing, but I think I have been talked out of it for the pure comfort factor of a strapless bra with spanx. So we will see!!

Oh and one final thing. If I can squeeze a few more dimes from the budget, I'm considering buying these soaps for our welcome bags. I saw them on Kathie Lee and Hoda this morning. You can get a sample pack and customize the wording on it! Looks so cute!

Valsey and Me Soaps

68 more days!!!

Hi Sarah! Loving all your stuff and it's coming up soooooo soon. I like the first clutch--the one from Nordstroms. Its so feminine...

Hi Sarah, I've just started following along your trip report. We are just waiting for Erica at Il Mulino to get back to us on a few things then we should be good to book our swan wedding in!

I would like to know, if you dont nond at all, which menu & wine you have decided to go with. I think we are looking at the $55 pp meal. I'm a little bit concerned about the cost of the wines so I'm waiting to hear back if we can just pay on the night by the glass?

I really love both purses that you posted but I love the etsy one. Don't they have some great stuff on there!
I can't wait to keep following along with your wedding plans :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!