"Santa pants. Santa Claus's pants."~A November 2012 PTR!*NEW TR LINK pg 23! 11/20!*

14 days left!!!! YEAH~~ are you packed yet??
I would definitely be checked out of work! lol

Your list of food & drinks looks sooo good...I'm getting thirsty and hungry..lol
Can't wait to read your list for MVMCP!

What do you think of Farrell?? I just hope things change and they keep Papi!

Why. Is. Time. Moving. Soooooo. Slowly?? Sixteen more days for me, fourteen for you. I can't wait any longer! And yeah, my work days for this next couple of days will not be fun either. I'm working 13 hour overnight shifts that actually end up being more like 15 to 17 hour shifts with all the paperwork! Anyway, best not to think about it! We can do it! Only two more weeks!!

It's so hard to narrow down choices when you have that many food and drinks to pick! :confused3 But all your wish list items sound delicious! That apple strudel from Germany and the iced coffee from belgium look so good.

Your trip is getting so close! I bet work feels like forever when you know you're just about to leave for Disney...

Food and Wine Festival Wish List!

F&W was AMAZING, you'll have such a great time! We pretty much tried everything and had no complaints except the Mung Bean Pancake from South Korea was an EPIC FAIL!

Of the things you listed, I thought the pierogies and kielbasa and cheese fondue were "eh"--we've certainly had waaay better. The ravioli and hand roll were really good, but the chocolate thingy at Ireland was off the charts!

I loooved Ireland's fisherman's pie--it's basically my perfect food--but our other group favorites were:
China: Mongolian beef in a steamed bun
Singapore: Beef Rendang (WARNING--SPICY!)
Singapore: Mahi mahi
Hawaii: Tuna Poke
South Africa:Fillet of beef with smashed sweet potatoes
Argentina: Beef skewer and boniato puree (the puree might be THE best thing at F&W--it's like the best garlic mashed potatoes you have ever had)

It was really hard to go wrong wherever you stop, and you're an F&W veteran, so I'm sure you've got it covered...:thumbsup2

...I just had lunch but writing about F&W is making me hungry...:rolleyes1

14 days left!!!! YEAH~~ are you packed yet??
I would definitely be checked out of work! lol

Your list of food & drinks looks sooo good...I'm getting thirsty and hungry..lol
Can't wait to read your list for MVMCP!

What do you think of Farrell?? I just hope things change and they keep Papi!

Haha, no, I don't pack until the day before my trip, I always take the day off of work before I go so I have the entire day to pack! I like waiting til the last minute!

Thank you! I'm so excited for Food and Wine! :cool1:

I'm so excited about Farrell! They wanted him last year, I think he's going to be really good, the players all seem to love him! I think Papi is about to sign a one or two year contract, so I'm hopeful for next year! :cool1:

Why. Is. Time. Moving. Soooooo. Slowly?? Sixteen more days for me, fourteen for you. I can't wait any longer! And yeah, my work days for this next couple of days will not be fun either. I'm working 13 hour overnight shifts that actually end up being more like 15 to 17 hour shifts with all the paperwork! Anyway, best not to think about it! We can do it! Only two more weeks!!

Ugh, I don't know! I can't wait any longer either! Ugh I'm sorry you have to work such long days before your trip, that must make the time go even slower! :hyper: I have one full week of work left, next week, and then only 2 days after next week, but I have a feeling next week is going to drag since we have that stupid hurricane coming to CT and it's going to rain for like, a week straight! Ughh!!! I want to goooooo!!! :rotfl2:

It's so hard to narrow down choices when you have that many food and drinks to pick! :confused3 But all your wish list items sound delicious! That apple strudel from Germany and the iced coffee from belgium look so good.

Your trip is getting so close! I bet work feels like forever when you know you're just about to leave for Disney...

Thanks! I really need to try that apple strudel, it looks awesome! And the iced coffee is one of my favorites, I just hate how expensive it is! :rotfl:

We're getting close now! I just have to get through next week and then 2 days of work the week after, so 7 work days all together then I'm officially on vacation! I can't wait! SO ready for Disney! :banana:

F&W was AMAZING, you'll have such a great time! We pretty much tried everything and had no complaints except the Mung Bean Pancake from South Korea was an EPIC FAIL!

Of the things you listed, I thought the pierogies and kielbasa and cheese fondue were "eh"--we've certainly had waaay better. The ravioli and hand roll were really good, but the chocolate thingy at Ireland was off the charts!

I loooved Ireland's fisherman's pie--it's basically my perfect food--but our other group favorites were:
China: Mongolian beef in a steamed bun
Singapore: Beef Rendang (WARNING--SPICY!)
Singapore: Mahi mahi
Hawaii: Tuna Poke
South Africa:Fillet of beef with smashed sweet potatoes
Argentina: Beef skewer and boniato puree (the puree might be THE best thing at F&W--it's like the best garlic mashed potatoes you have ever had)

It was really hard to go wrong wherever you stop, and you're an F&W veteran, so I'm sure you've got it covered...:thumbsup2

...I just had lunch but writing about F&W is making me hungry...:rolleyes1

Yay I'm so glad you guys liked F&W, although how could you not? :rotfl:

Ugh I'm sure that pancake was awful, it just sounds gross! I've had the fondue and pierogie, and while they're not the best ever, they're still really good! Brandon actually hated the fondue but I loved it! I just love dipping bread in cheese, even if it's not the greatest, it's still good!

Your list looks very adventurous! See, I'm not very brave when it comes to trying exotic things, but I am intrigued with Argentina now...hopefully I'll try to be more open to trying new things this year! :thumbsup2

Haha, well, we'll see about that...this last weekend of F&W is going to be crazy I think, in terms of crowds, so we'll see how much we actually get to do! I'm not too worried though, I'm just happy to be going back to Disney!!

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Must Do's!

Hi guys! Since I only have 13 DAYS left before my trip, I figured I should get moving with these updates! I just have my MVMCP and Epcot must do lists left, and then it will probably be just 10 days of me posting random "OMG I'M SO EXCITED" updates here! Haha, no, not really, I do have some things in mind, (like a whole update about Minnie Ears...seriously!) so stay tuned! :rotfl2:

Oh, speaking of Minnie ears...I finally joined twitter! I'm @minnie_ears if any of you are on there and you want to follow along! I just got started yesterday, so I haven't done much yet, I'm still trying to figure it all out, but I'm hoping I will be doing lots of tweeting from the parks when I'm there! :thumbsup2

MVMCP Must Do's!

(All pictures were borrowed from the Disney Tourist Blog)

DSC_3171.jpg

It's kind of hard to do this list, since the parties haven't actually happened yet, and I don't have a map or schedule or list of characters. But I've been to MVMCP twice, so I kind of know what to expect and what I want to see!

DSC_7802.jpg

I'd like to see the castle show, if there is time! We always skip it and it would be nice to try something new, I'm sure it's adorable!

121210254.jpg

We HAVE to see the Once Upon a Christmastime parade, it is my absolute FAVORITE Disney parade in all the land! It is so perfect, Disney and Christmas, my 2 favorite things! :dance3: Could I be any more excited???

DSC_9720.jpg

We also have to see Holiday Wishes! Just picture regular Wishes, with Christmas music, and fireworks that are like, 1000 times better and that's Holiday Wishes! It is SO perfect!

DSC_2649.jpg

I want to try to watch the parade from Main Street, to see the beautiful castle all lit up in the background, and to see the SNOW on Main Street!

I'm sure I will want to meet some characters, I like seeing Mickey and Minnie in their little holiday outfits, and if the line isn't too crazy for the dwarfs, I'd like to see them again, but I don't have a specific list of characters that I have to meet, just whoever we see that doesn't have a line that's too long! And if the FLE is open, I'm sure we'll go in there for a little while, since it seems like our chances of seeing it on a regular day are slim to none now, since they are doing AP previews all week now. :sad2:

I just want to enjoy my time at the party and take in all the Disney Christmas magic that MK has to offer! I loved going for Halloween and MNSSHP last year, but I'm a Christmas girl, and this is my favorite time of year to go to Disney! :goodvibes

DSC_3043.jpg

Up next...finally, my EPCOT must do's!

Oooh, I look forward to your Minnie ears update!

Not much to say about MVMCP since I've never been and don't know much about it. Looks fun though!

YAY for twitter!

I would highly recommend the castle show! It seriously is too cute.

The character offerings at the Christmas party aren't as exciting as the Halloween ones. Last year I just had EUGENE AND RAPUNZEL on my radar, and after that... (well, I got sick, but even if I hadn't I think I wouldn't have been in a hurry to see too many other characters.) :laughing: I mean, they're all great, but I think Christmas Minnie and Mickey are good ones to see!

Yay! I'll look for you on twitter :D

Christmas and Disney are awesome desperately and I'm sure even better together!!!!

My wish is to go to WDW someday around Christmas time! :)

After doing MNSSHP, I'm looking forward to the Christmas Party...probably in 2015 or so for us...:rotfl:

Joyce and I aren't parade people, but we saw the Halloween parade and it was awesome! We also did the Keys to the Kingdom tour and saw people practicing for the Christmas parade off far behind Splash Mountain. Back there we got to see all the floats for Christmas, so that was pretty cool. The CM pointed out two Hidden WALTS on the floats, so if you want me to try to describe them, just let me know!

Man, I am so jealous you get to go to the Christmas party. I like MNSSHP but MVMCP is better since I'm a Christmas girl too. :) One of these years I'll finally get to see the decorations again...

Also added you on twitter (I'm mugirl0307)!

Omg the Christmas party! I'm so jealous, I love that so much. Holiday Wishes is so gorgeous! And the parade too! It's my favourite parade by far!

Girl, I would SO rock those Minnie ears at the airport! Who cares about what Brandon thinks? DO IT! :) (That reminds me, I think I might have a pair tucked away somewhere...)

If Greg and I ever make it back during the 'official' Christmas holiday season in Disney, I think we have to give MVMCP another try. I was so less than impressed when we went. I didn't care for the parade. It was drizzly, though and we were tired and it was one of less memorable trips in general. I'm not sure any parade could beat the Boo to you parade in my books, though!

I'm realllllllly hoping they are going to do the first castle lighting while we are there next week. I think we have a pretty good chance. I'm hoping that we'll really be able to see a lot of the xmas decor up before we leave. That would be amazing to have food and wine and xmas in one trip!

P.S. Did they update the park hours for your trip again? I checked tonight and the hours at MK have been extended again! It's now open until 1am on Nov. 6 and opening at 8am everyday! SO EXCITED! (Making me a little worried about my no ADR thing I have going on, though!)

Love, love, love!! I am so so excited!!! What party are you guys going to?

Ahhhh I know, I'm so excited too, I just want this stupid hurricane out of my life! I feel like if the power goes out for a few days, it's going to make this time DRAG even more than it already is! :crazy2:

I want to say we're going to the Thursday party, the 15th? But I'm still not 100% sure, I don't know if I want to wait that long. I'm going to wait until we're closer, so I can start stalking the weather and see what they're saying about the week, I don't want any chance of rain on whatever day I'm going to the party! :santa:

Oooh, I look forward to your Minnie ears update!

Not much to say about MVMCP since I've never been and don't know much about it. Looks fun though!

Me too! :rotfl2:

MVMCP is so much fun! A lot of people like MNSSHP better, and while it is fun, I like Christmas so much more than Halloween so this party is amazing to me! :thumbsup2

YAY for twitter!

I would highly recommend the castle show! It seriously is too cute.

The character offerings at the Christmas party aren't as exciting as the Halloween ones. Last year I just had EUGENE AND RAPUNZEL on my radar, and after that... (well, I got sick, but even if I hadn't I think I wouldn't have been in a hurry to see too many other characters.) :laughing: I mean, they're all great, but I think Christmas Minnie and Mickey are good ones to see!

Yay! :cool1:

I'm definitely going to try to fit the castle show in...if New Fantasyland is open though, forget it, all of my time will be spent there! :rotfl2:

Yeah, I know the characters at MVMCP aren't as exciting as MNSSHP, but I pretty much just want to see Mickey and Minnie. If I can find Pooh and Friends, I might want to see them. I've heard Belle and the Beast won't be out this year, which sucks, because I've always wanted to meet Belle in her Christmas gown. I'm just going to keep my eye out for characters with short lines! I'd LOVE to meet Rapunzel with Eugene, if they are around, I'll definitely look for them! :yay:

Yay! I'll look for you on twitter :D

Christmas and Disney are awesome desperately and I'm sure even better together!!!!

My wish is to go to WDW someday around Christmas time! :)

Yay! :yay:

There's nothing better than Christmas and Disney. I wish the F&W festival went until December, because I'd rather go in December, but I'll take what I can get! You should definitely try to go around Christmas someday! :cool1:

Jen, since we've never done a Christmas trip and, hence, have never done the Mickey's Christmas Party, I am counting on you to give me lots of info before we go (you may have to PM it to me since I doubt you'll be done with your TR by that time).

Your pictures are making me very excited for the party.

After doing MNSSHP, I'm looking forward to the Christmas Party...probably in 2015 or so for us...:rotfl:

Joyce and I aren't parade people, but we saw the Halloween parade and it was awesome! We also did the Keys to the Kingdom tour and saw people practicing for the Christmas parade off far behind Splash Mountain. Back there we got to see all the floats for Christmas, so that was pretty cool. The CM pointed out two Hidden WALTS on the floats, so if you want me to try to describe them, just let me know!

The Christmas party is so much fun! It's not as crazy as MNSSHP, with everyone running around in costumes, but still, it's fun!

I'm not a big parade person either, but I love the Christmas parade, and Boo to you! I can't believe you saw them practicing for the parade, that's amazing! YES tell me where the hidden Walts are!!! :thumbsup2

Man, I am so jealous you get to go to the Christmas party. I like MNSSHP but MVMCP is better since I'm a Christmas girl too. :) One of these years I'll finally get to see the decorations again...

Also added you on twitter (I'm mugirl0307)!

I feel the same way, I loved MNSSHP but I prefer MVMCP just because I love Christmas so much! :goodvibes I hope you get to go soon!

Yay! :yay:

Omg the Christmas party! I'm so jealous, I love that so much. Holiday Wishes is so gorgeous! And the parade too! It's my favourite parade by far!

Holiday Wishes is my favorite fireworks show! I mean, Hallowishes is amazing, but Holiday Wishes is just so beautiful, with all the Christmas music! And the parade! So much fun! OMG I seriously cannot WAIT!!! :yay:

Girl, I would SO rock those Minnie ears at the airport! Who cares about what Brandon thinks? DO IT! :) (That reminds me, I think I might have a pair tucked away somewhere...)

If Greg and I ever make it back during the 'official' Christmas holiday season in Disney, I think we have to give MVMCP another try. I was so less than impressed when we went. I didn't care for the parade. It was drizzly, though and we were tired and it was one of less memorable trips in general. I'm not sure any parade could beat the Boo to you parade in my books, though!

I'm realllllllly hoping they are going to do the first castle lighting while we are there next week. I think we have a pretty good chance. I'm hoping that we'll really be able to see a lot of the xmas decor up before we leave. That would be amazing to have food and wine and xmas in one trip!

P.S. Did they update the park hours for your trip again? I checked tonight and the hours at MK have been extended again! It's now open until 1am on Nov. 6 and opening at 8am everyday! SO EXCITED! (Making me a little worried about my no ADR thing I have going on, though!)

Haha, well, I'll think about it, I don't want to look like some freak in Minnie ears at our little airport in Hartford...maybe when we get to MCO I'll put them on! If you have Minnie ears, bring them! They are so much fun!

Aww, I love the parade at MVMCP, but if you were in a bad mood, I can see how it would be annoying! I actually didn't like our first MNSSHP at all, because it was sold out and we had to deal with those jerks behind us at the parade, but I loved the second one we did later in the week! So maybe you need a re-do of the Christmas party!

I think you should see the first castle lighting...I think they usually do it right after Halloween, maybe that weekend? :thumbsup2

I saw they extended the hours for MK, I think MK is open until 1 every day now when we're there, except on MVMCP days. That's annoying, they did that for the AP Fantasyland previews, which means my only chance of seeing new Fantasyland is during the Christmas party. It BETTER be open! :rotfl2: I don't think that will affect your ADR's, it's not because of crowds, it's because of the AP previews. Lame. :sad2:

Jen, since we've never done a Christmas trip and, hence, have never done the Mickey's Christmas Party, I am counting on you to give me lots of info before we go (you may have to PM it to me since I doubt you'll be done with your TR by that time).

Your pictures are making me very excited for the party.

No problem! It's so much fun, this will be our 3rd Christmas party and we love it! The same rules apply as MNSSHP, the 2nd parade is much less crowded than the first, and you HAVE to see Holiday Wishes! I have a feeling this year's party will be a little different than the last ones we have been to, so I will definitely keep you posted if you need to know anything!

Thank you, me too! I can't wait!!! :banana:

Hello!
did you guys make it thru the Hurricane ok? we lost power for 1.5 hours...that goodness it came back on! My co-worker lost power from 6:30pm to 4:30am! I don't think I could have survived!

We only went once in December, back in 2001...and we didn't do the party...It was in my pre-DIS days, so I didn't know what I was missing...lol
next year we are going for our Anniversary in Nov...so we will definitely have to go to the MVMCP then!

I will look for you on Twitter!

Food and Wine Festival Wish List!

Neige-Premire-Apple-Ice-Wine.jpg

-Apple Ice Wine
-I'm sure I'll have to sample the cheddar cheese soup and Filet...you know, since I NEVER go to Le Cellier...:rotfl2:

Can I just say that I thought the ice wine was the biggest rip of everything I tasted. $5 for a thimble full. Ok, maybe I am exaggerating, but it wasn't even a full shot glass size. Tasty, but come on?

I had the other thing in LeCellier - was it some kind of chicken? I forget, but it was really good.

Hops and Barley

-Pumpkin Mousse
-I'm sure Brandon and I will be getting many glasses of Sam Adams...mmm, Cherry Wheat, that is my favorite beer in the entire world!

Cynthia said the pumpkin mousse was outstanding and for $1.50 it was definitely a best value. Sorry I never made it through the line to try it. boo! Next year!

Italy

Ravioli-Di-Formaggio-AllEmiliana-Baked-Cheese-Ravioli-with-Creamy-Beef-Bolognese-Sauce-Parmesan-Cheese-Melted-Mozzarella.jpg

-Ravioli (I didn't write down the fancy name for that, sorry!)

This was really good. Lots of cheese and yumminess. Plus a nice sized portion and very filling. Definitely a good value for $4.75 or $5 or whatever it was.

Karaage-Hand-Roll-Crispy-Chicken-Breast-with-Sushi-Rice-and-Spicy-Mayonnaise2-468x625.jpg

-I'm not a huge sushi person (Brandon is, so I'm sure he'll be getting one of each) but this roll pictured is the Karaage Hand Roll, and it's made with chicken. It sounds really good!

The sushi hand roll was OUTSTANDING! That and the mongolian beef were probably my two favorites. I could just buy 3 or 4 of those hand rolls and be a very happy person.

The other thing I really liked was the berry beer at the Beer Crafters (from Wisconsin) and the schonefeld grapefruit beer. That was amazing.

I loved F&W. So fun! How great that you are getting F&W and Christmas all in one trip. I really wanted to do that next year, but I am going a week too early. Unless I decided to change it. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter