• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Santa pants. Santa Claus's pants."~A November 2012 PTR!*NEW TR LINK pg 23! 11/20!*

Paid in full=YES! Such a great feeling. I have my pre-trip hotel room booked for the late Friday night that I arrive... now for the flights... least favorite thing about planning a Disney trip!

I know, I love being paid in full, now I'm stalking the mailbox for Mickey Mail! :rotfl2: Ugh I know, trying to find flights is awful! I'm trying to find a decent rental car rate for my trip and they're like $400! :sad2: I managed to grab a premium car for like $250, but I don't need a premium car, I just need a little compact car to get me to the parks! Ugh! Hope you find a great flight! :thumbsup2

Congrats on being paid in full! :cool1:

Thanks!!! :dance3:

Arrival Day!

Hi everyone! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to update again, I didn't have much DIS time last week, I was dog-sitting while my sister was on her cruise, and they took up most of my free time! :rotfl: I know I have to get caught up on many of your TR's and PTR's, so I'm planning on doing lots of DIS'ing this week!

I thought I should get started on our day to day plans since our trip is only 6 weeks away! However, the day after arrival day, our plans are so up in the air, that I have to really work on our itinerary before my next update! Brandon was supposed to help me this weekend, but of course, he forgot! :rotfl2: I'm having such a hard time planning the Food and Wine weekend! But arrival day is pretty set in stone, so here you go! :thumbsup2

Thursday, Arrival Day!

This trip begins like most of our other trips, with us getting up around 3 and trying to get out the door by 4. Actually, this flight is a little later than the ones we've been taking lately, I think it's at 7:30? Our last few flights have been at 6:30 so we get a whole hour to sleep! Of course, I'm sure I'll be up because I'll be SO excited! :dance3:

When we arrive at MCO, we'll grab our luggage and get our car and head over the Art of Animation to check in! :cool1:

art-of-animation.jpg

Hopefully our room will be ready, but if it's not, no big deal! As soon as we check in, we'll head over to Downtown Disney. I know we'll be starving by then, and I HAVE to go to Earl of Sandwich for THIS:

earlholiday1.jpg

The Holiday Sandwich! I've been dreaming about this since I had one last year in December, it is SO good! It's like Thanksgiving on a sandwich!

Hopefully by now our room will be ready, if it's not when we check in, so we can shower and everything. I'd like to walk around AoA for a little while, and maybe even go in one of the pools!

0711zy_0043ms.jpg

When we're finished exploring, we'll head over to...you'll never guess...

2012-Epcot-Food-and-Wine-Festival-Planter-350x455.jpg

EPCOT for some food and wine fun!

I'm probably going to make a little detour to the Land to see if there are any FP's left for Soarin'

soarin.jpg

but mostly this night will be all about the Food and Wine booths! We don't have any ADR's for this day, so I'm hoping we can hit a lot of different booths!

tumblr_m814bdu0TF1r3zdz8.jpg

(That's a belgian waffle from the Belgium booth...yum!!!)

I'm guessing we will end our night with...

mp_illuminations_st.jpg

Illuminations! I don't think there is a better way to end arrival day, do you? (Except maybe seeing Wishes! :dance3:)​

Up next...Day 2!

Ooohhh, the holiday sandwich. Megan got it when we saw each other in November and she loves it! I'm normally the kind of person that will eat anything, but this I'm not sure about. It's just so.....much. :lmao:

Mmmmm, Belgian Waffle.....good choice!

Sounds like some awesome arrival day plans :) we are planning to see illuminations tonight for the 30th anniversary!!!! So excited!!

Sounds like a great arrival day! I hope you guys like AoA, I really loved it there. Which section are you in?

I forgot about the holiday sandwich! I had it in 2009 but I think I need to give it another try, it wasn't bad but it is just so much.

You need to explore AoA. I want to stay there!

I am getting so excited for the Food & Wine fest. Can't wait to eat, eat, eat!

Jen!! In my super-bad DISing, I missed you starting a PTR! But I am here now :)

Love that you are getting a night at AoA! I am in LOVE with the Cars wing... please take lots of pictures if you can!

Jen, we are back from our trip, and I'm catching up on my threads and I am now all caught up on yours.

I don't think poor Brandon wil ever get to stay at the AK. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Mark wants to stay in a Mermaid room when we go in April for one night during his business trip and I think I'll let him since it is only one night.

Since I won't start my TR for at least a week (we have the engagement party this weekend), I will give you a little heads up on two of our meals (you already know we've lost interest in LeCellier and won't be back for a long time). Cape May was only okay...the crab was NOT that good and Mark informed me he will NOT go back to 50's Prime Time after our meal there two weeks ago (I'd go with Sci Fi).

Wohoo first day plans! I can't believe you are leaving in 6 weeks! That's going to fly by! I love Earl! Jealous that you get to eat there soon!

Day 1 looks like a keeper....and a whole extra hour to sleep! :cool1: You mean you normally get up at 2am? :faint:

It's like Thanksgiving on a sandwich, you say?

But does it include a moist-maker?

DOES IT?

MY SANDWICH?????

Had to.

That definitely looks really good!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ILLUMINATIONS! One of my favorite things ever. :love: Sounds like such a great day!

Ooohhh, the holiday sandwich. Megan got it when we saw each other in November and she loves it! I'm normally the kind of person that will eat anything, but this I'm not sure about. It's just so.....much. :lmao:

Mmmmm, Belgian Waffle.....good choice!

Haha, you're right, it is a lot, but it's just SO good! I love stuffing...if it was just a sandwich of stuffing and gravy, I'd be happy! :rotfl2:

Yum, I can't wait for those waffles again!!!

Sounds like some awesome arrival day plans :) we are planning to see illuminations tonight for the 30th anniversary!!!! So excited!!

Thanks! Yay, Illuminations! Did they do anything special for the 30th? I would hope they would add some special fireworks or something! :woohoo:

Sounds like a great arrival day!

Thank you, I think so! :thumbsup2

AOA! So excited I can't wait! What section are you staying in... or do you know yet? :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Yep, we'll be in the Little Mermaid section, there's not really much point of us getting a family suite when it's just the 2 of us! :rotfl: Although I'd love an excuse to stay in a Lion King room someday!

Sounds like a great arrival day! I hope you guys like AoA, I really loved it there. Which section are you in?

Thanks! I am sure I will love AoA, I love Pop and it seems like AoA is even better! We'll be in the Little Mermaid section, I can't wait to see the rooms!!! :cool1:

I forgot about the holiday sandwich! I had it in 2009 but I think I need to give it another try, it wasn't bad but it is just so much.

You need to explore AoA. I want to stay there!

I am getting so excited for the Food & Wine fest. Can't wait to eat, eat, eat!

OMG I cannot wait to get a holiday sandwich! Our arrival day is pretty much going to be timed around going to DTD and getting one...maybe we'll just stop there before we even check in! :rotfl:

I am definitely going to explore AoA, it looks so cute!

I know, I cannot wait to eat and drink my way around the world!! :cool1:

Jen!! In my super-bad DISing, I missed you starting a PTR! But I am here now :)

Love that you are getting a night at AoA! I am in LOVE with the Cars wing... please take lots of pictures if you can!

Haha, that's ok, glad you're here now! :goodvibes

I will definitely take pics of the Cars area, it looks really cute! I've never seen Cars though, so I don't know what I'm looking at, I just know it's cute! :rotfl:

Jen, we are back from our trip, and I'm catching up on my threads and I am now all caught up on yours.

I don't think poor Brandon wil ever get to stay at the AK. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Mark wants to stay in a Mermaid room when we go in April for one night during his business trip and I think I'll let him since it is only one night.

Since I won't start my TR for at least a week (we have the engagement party this weekend), I will give you a little heads up on two of our meals (you already know we've lost interest in LeCellier and won't be back for a long time). Cape May was only okay...the crab was NOT that good and Mark informed me he will NOT go back to 50's Prime Time after our meal there two weeks ago (I'd go with Sci Fi).

Yay, welcome back! :goodvibes

Haha, we will definitely stay at AKL, but I want to rent points whenever we end up staying there. We're not supposed to be doing any Disney trips next year (well, except for my trip with sister and niece, of course!) but IF we do, I'm definitely renting points and staying in a savanna view studio! :thumbsup2

Haha, that's so funny that Mark wants to stay in a Little Mermaid room! I am wondering how Brandon is going to react to this very princess filled trip...both rooms we will be in are both princess themed! :scared1:

Huh, that's the first time I've ever heard anyone say anything bad about 50's! I'm starting to rethink the Brown Derby now...I might just book it and surprise Brandon, I'm sure I could find something on the menu I will like!

Wohoo first day plans! I can't believe you are leaving in 6 weeks! That's going to fly by! I love Earl! Jealous that you get to eat there soon!

I know, it seems like it's forever still, but as of tomorrow, we're down to 5 weeks!!! :cool1: I can't wait to eat at EoS!!!

Day 1 looks like a keeper....and a whole extra hour to sleep! :cool1: You mean you normally get up at 2am? :faint:

Haha, yes actually...I do at least...Brandon just rolls out of bed, grabs his luggage and gets in the car! I have to get up and give myself at least an hour before we have to leave for the airport to pack last minute things and then obsess about things I might forget! :rotfl:

It's like Thanksgiving on a sandwich, you say?

But does it include a moist-maker?

DOES IT?

MY SANDWICH?????

Had to.

That definitely looks really good!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ILLUMINATIONS! One of my favorite things ever. :love: Sounds like such a great day!

What are you doing...GET OFF MY SISTERRRRRR!!!!!

Oh Ross, you and your rage! :rotfl:

But no, actually, there's no moist maker...just turkey and stuffing and gravy and cranberry sauze...(yes I spelled that with a z)! It's perfection on a sandwich!

I love Illuminations too, I can't wait to see it again! :woohoo:

Sounds like a great arrival day!!! I forgot about the Holiday Sandwich, maybe this time we'll FINALLY try one!! :laughing:

Thanks! OMG yes, try the Holiday Sandwich, it is amazing!!! :yay:

Unfortunately rylan was not cooperating and super tired so we didn't end up watching illuminations :( I was sad, but what can ya do right? I sill have many more days to get to see them!

Unfortunately rylan was not cooperating and super tired so we didn't end up watching illuminations :( I was sad, but what can ya do right? I sill have many more days to get to see them!

Oh, that's too bad! You're still there? For some reason I thought you were back already! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter