Sam's Super Pop Century Fridge Swap!!!

Hi Sam!
Great you had a nice trip!
Oh I've seen that the one before me on the list quit. I should get it from Jadyson now.
Might there be a problem because of the long time the fridge is at Guest Service?

Hi-
Are your dates open for Oct 11-18? I was on another fridge swap but that fridge has mysteriously disappeared.:sad1:

Lori

Hi, those dates are free and I've added you on to the list. Can you PM me your name, dates and a contact number or email address please :goodvibes

Toony, Lori is filling some of those dates so hopefully there shouldn't be a problem.

Jadyson can you please note that you now need to swap details with disneyfanatic1. Thanks

Still looking for someone to take over the swap from me:goodvibes

Hi I will not need the fridge from January 10th-18th you may take my name off your list so someone else may use it at that time, Thank you so much!!!!

I just got home tonight and wanted to let everyone know that I was not able to pick up the fridge on 9/27 as planned.

I was on the list after lynnmci, who followed Sambaramba. We had set it up for Lynn to leave the fridge at luggage assistance that morning. I checked three times that day and evening, but no fridge was left in my name or matching the description of our box.

I tried to call Lynn's cell, but couldn't reach her. I checked with luggage assistance twice the next day, but still no fridge. At that point, I considered it a lost cause. Reading back, I see that Sam was able to pick up and drop off the fridge as planned. Since I couldn't reach Lynn, I don't know if she ever picked it up. But, according to their records, luggage assistance said that no one by Lynn's name dropped off a fridge.

When I re-read my PM from Lynn tonight, I realized she's probably still at Pop; she's checking out on 10/4 (but she was only scheduled to have the fridge for part of her stay since I had already signed up for 9/27 to 10/2). Jadyson, who is on the list after me, checked in tonight. She's going to try to get Lynn's room # from Guest Services to see if she can get any more info on the fridge's whereabouts.

Sam, even though it didn't work out for me, thanks for organizing the swap!

I am so sorry that it didn't work out for you. It sounds as though she still has the fridge :confused: Lets hope that Jadyson can get it sorted out, as obviously Lynn doesn't have their details to label the fridge up.
Apart from the fridge, did you have a great holiday?

I am so sorry that it didn't work out for you. It sounds as though she still has the fridge :confused: Lets hope that Jadyson can get it sorted out, as obviously Lynn doesn't have their details to label the fridge up.
Apart from the fridge, did you have a great holiday?

Sam, no need to apologize. You did a great job putting together the swap. I'm sure it hasn't been easy. We hadn't bought any groceries yet, so I wasn't out anything ... other than some time wasted in line at luggage assistance and on the phone trying to track down the fridge.

I hope the fridge resurfaces for the others waiting in line. Half of me hopes Lynn has it so it's not lost, but the other half hopes not because that would be pretty inconsiderate to keep it when others were scheduled to use it.

Anyway ... Yes, we had an awesome time, but I'm exhausted. LOL! Glad to hear you had a great trip, too. :sunny:

I am interested in using the fridge Oct. 18th - 22cd if available. Let me know, Thanks!

If Jan. 4-10 Mousiemom (unconfirmed) does not work out (I see she has a fride reserved on another page) I would like to be in on your swap. I will be at POP from Jan 1 -Jan 12. Please let me know if this becomes open dates.

Thank you:wizard:

3 MORE DAYS!!!! :woohoo:

I am a little nervous becasue we have not heard if Jadyson was sucessful in getting the fridge and dis ms was unable to retrieve it.

Can someone who has had the fridge lately tell me what the box looks like- Does it still have nemo stickers on all sides? I just want to make sure I can describe it if they can't find it.

3 MORE DAYS!!!! :woohoo:

I am a little nervous becasue we have not heard if Jadyson was sucessful in getting the fridge and dis ms was unable to retrieve it.

Can someone who has had the fridge lately tell me what the box looks like- Does it still have nemo stickers on all sides? I just want to make sure I can describe it if they can't find it.

Hopefully it will get all clarified and you'll have a great stay! I cross my fingers! Only two weeks for me ...

Question @ all: do they have an internet place at/near Pop (with computers, not only wireless access), where I could post if there are problems with the fridge? And if - how much do the internet surfing costs?

It's a square box, still has the nemo stickers on it and has 2 clear a4 pockets taped to it. Sorry - I can't remember any more than that. Hope it all works out for you and have a great stay!

Jadyson - how was your trip?

It's a square box, still has the nemo stickers on it and has 2 clear a4 pockets taped to it. Sorry - I can't remember any more than that. Hope it all works out for you and have a great stay!

Jadyson - how was your trip?

Sam, jadyson left on a cruise Sunday, but I imagine she'll update us on the fridge when she gets home.

I'm surprised that lynnmci hasn't posted anything about the fridge. When I logged on a few mornings ago, I saw that her green light was on, so I know she's been on the DIS since she returned from her vacation. I, for one, am anxious to hear whether or not she had the fridge. And if she did have it, I would love to know what happened between the time she picked it up for her turn and when I attempted to pick it up for mine.

Just back last night with the bad news.

Because Lynn never left the frig for Ivy it is gone forever.
It is now the property of Pop Century. They have no way of telling which frig is ours because it was not labeled. I'm guessing Lynn kept it for her whole stay and went back to England and just left it unmarked in the room.

Thanks sam for putting this together. I'm sure it was great while it lasted. Your job is done.

And another side note...luggage assistance said they are having a lot of problems like this...the days of frig swaps are almost over unless it can go hand to hand.

Make the most of your trip, we did without the frig. We kept our milk on ice in the recycle garbage can. Also, if you can get a foam cooler from Target for $1.99

HAVE A GREAT VACATION!!!!! (we did!)

Too bad that the fridge is gone.:sad2: :grouphug:
But now i know and can buy a foam cooler beforehand!! I won't let that spoil anything.

Thanks Jadyson for the info!

Thank you Sam for all your efforts and work for this swap!!

I'm flying in two days to Florida! 8 days till WDW! :yay:

I wish all of you a fantastic trip!!!

Just back last night with the bad news.

Because Lynn never left the frig for Ivy it is gone forever.
It is now the property of Pop Century. They have no way of telling which frig is ours because it was not labeled. I'm guessing Lynn kept it for her whole stay and went back to England and just left it unmarked in the room.

Thanks sam for putting this together. I'm sure it was great while it lasted. Your job is done.

Sam, Cindy is right. You did a fantastic job coordinating the swap. It's too bad that, for whatever reason, one person managed to put a stop to it.

I really didn't want to assume that Lynn kept the fridge, but it's pretty hard not to because she hasn't bothered to post since returning from vacation (even though she has logged in). I hope a few extra days of using the fridge was worth denying countless other DISers the opportunity. :sad2:

I'm really sorry that this has come to an end. It was going so well too. Like others I feel that someone decided to keep the fridge for longer than planned and thats where it all went wrong. I have sent a PM to the person but no reply as of yet.
Thanks to everyone that helped keep the fridge going for this long, and sorry to allthose that havn't had their trip yet - hope you have a fab time :)

Just back from a wonderful trip. Toony if you get this ( I know you have left) I left you a case of water at luggage services, I hope you can use it!!!

As you all knew I was not able to pick up the fridge but luggage services did say that if we can figure out who's name the fridge is under they can maybe try to locate it. Lynn.... any ideas on whose name it might be under????

Any ways, Sam thanks for all your hard work!

I left it labelled up for Helen Green, Lynns Mum. May be worth asking for that name incase the original label was not changed by Lynn?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter