Sam's Super Pop Century Fridge Swap!!!

I think it's safe to say there won't be a possibility of standby for that time period--that is the time that Sam himself has the fridge!!:thumbsup2

Hello, everyone I'm back! The refridge was wonderful!! It kept all bottles frozen. It was really nice to have cold ice tea when we came back from the parks. It was hot hot hot. Loved having frozen ones in the parks.

I feel really sorry for summickeyfans(i thinks its her name)she did not get it.
I had no problem picking up the refridge. Make sure you tell them it has nemo fish on it.That helped a lot. The box was soaked. I let it dry out for 5 days. I found a peice a carboard and tape to the inside bottom of the box. (there are some holes) The box dry out really nice. It is kind of weak(bottom)( side of the boxes are good). I cleaned up the box. I took old names off and cut off loose tape and retape everything up. I put 2 sleeves on the box, on different sides, so everyone can slide in their papers in with the info. This might help keep the box more intact. I left blunt scissors to cut the tape because the tape depenser was broken and could not use it. So, I through it away. I did hand it back in to luggage area. I did call Cepmom twice and explaining everything to her.
Also, I left some mickey head decorations in ziplock bags inside the refridge. so if you want decorate your window.

The night before I left, I unplug the refridge and put a towel inside with door open to defrost it. This workout great.

I seen 2 group of people recieved the dream reward...sleeping in the castle. both times at epcot at the land. One on living with the land on a weds. and the other on(week later) soarin on a tuesday. Both early in the morning between 9:30 and 10:30 am. I congradulated the one group they just finish up being video tape.

Thanks so much Sambaramba for organizing the swamp. You made us have a extra magical trip with cold cold drinks!
ang

Ang, I'm so glad that you had a great trip :goodvibes
I'm starting to get butterflies at the moment. I'm not too good at flying and 9 hours on the plane is a long time!:scared1:

I am trying to get in touch with dis ms who has the frig before me to exchange info. Are you out there lurking around these boards?
Please check your PM. Thanks!:thumbsup2

I'm here, I'm here. Call of the search party! :teeth:

Sorry, I've just been really busy and haven't been on the DIS much lately. I got your PM and replied yesterday. Did you get my PM?

Hi guys ~ we're back!! Had an awesome, but exhausting trip! We won Dream Fastpasses early in the morning on Rock & Roller Coaster on Saturday and then on Monday, we were picked for "family of the day" on Soarin, where we got to ride Soarin all by ourselves on the first flight of the day!! Never did see anyone picked for the castle reward though.

I got the fridge from luggage assistance without any problems. I called when we got to our room and had them deliver it to the room for me. When we got back from the pool, it was waiting for us. It was great to be able to put milk in it for our cereal every morning and to keep our drinks icy cold!

The box was repaired nicely by ang....I had packed a large piece of cardboard and packing tape in my luggage, so I added the cardboard to the bottom to reinforce the box a little. I wrote down the box measurements for the poster that inquired earlier...once I unpack and locate the paper, I'll post again, just in case someone can pick a up a new box for it in the future.

ang was kind enough to pass on her window decorations which my kids had a blast hanging in the window...thank you!! When we left, I put the decorations back in the fridge for NEWEARS2006 to use as well. I put a small box of baking soda in a ziploc bag in the fridge also.

On Monday evening I called luggage assistance to arrange a pick up of our luggage and the fridge as we were checking out on Tuesday. I explained that they were going to hold our bags until 3:00 when we needed to take ME back to MCO and the fridge was to be left for NEWEARS2006. I asked the CM if they could leave a message for NEWEARS2006 when the fridge had been picked up so she could go get it. The CM said no problem, but then when I arrived at luggage assistance Tuesday at 2:30, they had not yet picked anything up out of the room:headache: . I feel bad because NEWEARS2006 should have been able to get the fridge earlier in the day. I hope she was able to get it by last night at least.

Thanks again Sam for organizing the swap :flower3:

Hi guys ~ we're back!! Had an awesome, but exhausting trip! We won Dream Fastpasses early in the morning on Rock & Roller Coaster on Saturday and then on Monday, we were picked for "family of the day" on Soarin, where we got to ride Soarin all by ourselves on the first flight of the day!! Never did see anyone picked for the castle reward though.

I got the fridge from luggage assistance without any problems. I called when we got to our room and had them deliver it to the room for me. When we got back from the pool, it was waiting for us. It was great to be able to put milk in it for our cereal every morning and to keep our drinks icy cold!

The box was repaired nicely by ang....I had packed a large piece of cardboard and packing tape in my luggage, so I added the cardboard to the bottom to reinforce the box a little. I wrote down the box measurements for the poster that inquired earlier...once I unpack and locate the paper, I'll post again, just in case someone can pick a up a new box for it in the future.

ang was kind enough to pass on her window decorations which my kids had a blast hanging in the window...thank you!! When we left, I put the decorations back in the fridge for NEWEARS2006 to use as well. I put a small box of baking soda in a ziploc bag in the fridge also.

On Monday evening I called luggage assistance to arrange a pick up of our luggage and the fridge as we were checking out on Tuesday. I explained that they were going to hold our bags until 3:00 when we needed to take ME back to MCO and the fridge was to be left for NEWEARS2006. I asked the CM if they could leave a message for NEWEARS2006 when the fridge had been picked up so she could go get it. The CM said no problem, but then when I arrived at luggage assistance Tuesday at 2:30, they had not yet picked anything up out of the room:headache: . I feel bad because NEWEARS2006 should have been able to get the fridge earlier in the day. I hope she was able to get it by last night at least.

Thanks again Sam for organizing the swap :flower3:

I so glad you had no trouble getting the refridge. I was worried about it. They don't do any comfirmation no. so, you just rely on them...
I am glad you enjoy the window decorations.;) I hated to through them away. I put time into them. My Kids got kick out of it too.
Glad to hear you won dream fasspasses and soarin family of day. :yay:

How long is this Pop Century Fridge Swap going on for? We will be there 4/5-4/12. I would be interested if it is still going on then.

finally finished unpacking and found the notes with the box dimensions....

19 1/2" x 19 7/8" x 19 7/8" (WDH)

hopefully someone can pick up another box from a walmart or supermarket. Despite being repaired nicely for the time being, the current box isn't going to last forever!

Hello everyone. My family is planning a last-minute trip to the World. Anyone know of an available fridge to swap from Sept. 20th to Sept. 30th? I'm there for 10 days and could use a fridge for some if not all those days. Thanks for your help.

I see that 30-4th is available and Jan 5th is unconfirmed...I would love to confirm myself in these dates Dec 30th to Jan 5th if available.

TIA

Dan

Sam

Wasn't sure if you got my PM, I see my name is still on the list for Oct 8-13. Turns out now we are staying at music. Wasn't sure how (or if) I could get a fridge from POP and schlep it over to music and then back to pop so I am looking into a swap at music, so if someone else is looking for my dates, they are officially open.

Thanks for all your time and work with this thread.!

Maefly

I'm back:goodvibes Had the most amazing time and had no problems at all collecting the fridge from luggage services. Hope everything was ok when lynn got there.
OK, I'm about to update the list but I am looking for someone to take the swap over. I'm afraid that now the holiday is over I just won't have the time to keep on top of it and it seems a shame to just let it go. Any volunteers?:confused:

Hi-
Are your dates open for Oct 11-18? I was on another fridge swap but that fridge has mysteriously disappeared.:sad1:

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter