Sam and Mike's(well mostly Sam's) 10/29/10 non-prof photos Glad I did/didn't Update

Which dress?

• Dress one

• Dress two

• Dress three

• Dress four

• Dress five

• Dress six

Results are only viewable after voting.
Great list! I totally hear you on the flight thing, we always take early flights because I hate have the day "wasted" but I never think about how early it means we really need to get up :rolleyes:.

And I totally agree about the Hawaii thing, we were in Disney for the week but I still felt like it wasn't enough time and we didn't get to do the things we normally do. Even DH agrees that he wishes we did more time in Disney. Hawaii is gorgeous and an amazing place, and I think we probably could have enjoyed it more if we hadn't been a little homesick. I sometimes even joke that we should have just spent that time at the Poly instead, lol.

The name change itself doesn't bother me, I pretty much have to spell my maiden name for everyone and a lot of letters sound similar so it's always "B as in boy" etc, which gets really annoying. So I'm really excited for a more recognizable name ;), but the process itself is a pain too and I still haven't really done all of it. I can see how it would bother some people though and it is weird to suddenly have a new name. I know some people when they change their names make their maiden name their middle name, and of course you could always hyphenate or still use your maiden name professionally or not change your name at all.

Love the pic with the ears and the castle, looking forward to hearing more about your big day!

Hey Sam, catching up.

I understand you completely about the name change. Where I come from it is traditional for the wife to keep her maiden name and just add the husband's name to the end, or hyphenate it.

I made it very clear to DH that it was very important to me to keep my name, I was used to it, it was my family's name and it was how it has been done forever. At first he was a bit taken aback, but he understood once he realized it meant a lot to me.

My name is now pretty long and sometimes getting it to fit forms can be a pain, but I wouldn't do it any other way. If it keeps bothering you after a while, you can always hyphenate yours, really I see it a lot lately.

Thanks so much for all your glad I did/wish I didn'ts!

Great lists of everything. I totally agree with you on the Epcot wedding :thumbsup2 Nothing is more unique than an in-park wedding. I am so glad I went that way and not the pavilion. I also totally agree on Living Seas, its too bad the main walls are kind of boring. Did you still get some good shots with the tanks in the background? It definitely sounds like it was worth all the little extras like the Mickey ears, what a nice surprise for your guests.

That's a bummer about not being able to enjoy Hawaii as much for your honeymoon. We were originally going to be going straight there from Disney too, but because of some unforeseen circumstances had to move it to 8 weeks later. After reading your comments I am glad it worked out that way for us. It is hard trying to adjust to the huge time difference and after the time at Disney for the wedding it would be exhausting!

I also understand on the name thing. I decided to keep my maiden name and was grateful that DH was totally in support of that idea. The one person that had a little bit of a problem with it was my dad, but he has come to be okay with it. Is it an option for you to hyphenate or keep your name as some of the other ladies suggested or does DH really want you to take his name? I know some men really want their wives to share their name.

Agh!!! I'm sorry it's been over a month! I've been waiting for my high resolution discs to come in to use in the trip report, now only to realize the files are too big!!! Anyone know a good site I could use to host the photos? If you are impatient, like me, friend request me on facebook to view the photos. And I promise...the TR will get written!!!!:thumbsup2

Hey Sam! I use photobucket for my pics, flikr is pretty popular too. I cant wait to see them! :goodvibes

As far as the name thing I had every intentions of changing my name mainly because my husband was all weird about me having to do it. But it turns out that it is kind of a process and I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet, oops:rolleyes:

so I have some super exciting news on my end. My husband got a awesome job in Orlando and we will be moving there shortly :banana::banana::banana:
I can't wait to be right next to my mecca! I'm so glad I have not activated my annual passes yet too.

Anyway, I hope married life is going well for you and I can't wait for your TR

She is right, Photobucket is perfect. If your files are really large you need to adjust the settings for uploads. Under "Customize Your Upload Settings" which is in small print in the box when you go to upload set the resolution to 640x480 which is a good size image for the Disboard. Looking forward to seeing more pictures. I might need to friend you in the meantime on Facebook to see pics now :goodvibes

I don't think I've posted since you put up wedding pictures, so I just wanted to pop by and say that you looked beautiful! I loved your hair and your dress, and your wedding had a real unique feel to it! Beautiful!

So this was the first planning journal I"ve read. And I read it all the way through. Whew! Your wedding was amazing and beautiful! I love your dress and your hair. And the venue was so unique and awesome!

Congrats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter