Sam and Mike's(well mostly Sam's) 10/29/10 non-prof photos Glad I did/didn't Update

Which dress?

• Dress one

• Dress two

• Dress three

• Dress four

• Dress five

• Dress six

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sam you looked gorgeous! Can't wait to hear all about it and see more pictures!

Thanks Sam! I can't wait to have more photos!

I just wanted to say congratulations! Work has kep me away from the boards for a while, so I was excited to see your sneak peek shots. It looks like you had a beautiful wedding. I love seeing shots from the Epcot ceremonies, the parasols looked great with your bridesmaids. The drummers had to be so cool for your guests and the pirate Mickey and Minnie. I enjoyed following your plans and can't wait to hear your full report :bride:

It's ok Vanessa. I've been MIA lately. I do love Epcot ceremonies! And I totally stole the parasol idea from you! I'm glad you liked it. The drummers were really fun and everyone loved Mickey and Minnie!

You were a stunning bride!

Cannot wait to see more photos.

Thanks Claire!!

Beautiful teaser pics!!! :) <3 the umbrellas at the ceremony and the pirate mickey and minnie were great!!

Can't wait to see more of your special day! Congrats again!! :)

Thanks Amber! I'm glad you liked it! The umbrellas were great and I think we got a lot of cool pictures with them!

love love your teaser pics!! you look amazing, can't wait for your TR and pro photos! :goodvibes The Mickey/Minnie pirate outfits were awesome - I've never seen those before!

Thank you so much Wendy! You can totally claim the billy balls in the bouquet! You were the inspiration. :flower3:

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes Thank you Joanne!

Your ceremony looked absolutely beautiful!!!! It was so unique I haven't seen any other like it! You looked great and DF's outfit for the MK photo shoot is awesome... I can't wait to see how those pic's turned out!

Thank you Amy! I can't wait for the better pictures! And Mike's outfit was SUPER AWESOME! And it was his idea!

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with all reviews. I want to do them...but when I sit down to actually do it I procrastinate! :headache: Hopefully I'll have the energy to do it tonight

Ok so I'll try to start the reviews.

Disney Wedding's Pam Pearce (consultant) and Carol Mikles (planner):

Pam- A was always quick to respond and usually had answers to most of my questions. She showed us around in January for a site visit, and took my parents last November as well. Very nice and efficient.

Carol - A-93 Why the 93? She received an A but a lower A. And here's why. Carol was always very nice and super sweet. She was always quick to respond as well, when she wasn't on vacation, and usually then her assistant responded. Carol got the lower A because of the rehearsal and the wedding itself. The rehearsal was confusing. We were there....it was hot and we kind of rushed. But we didn't really rehearse the stuff that needed to be rehearsed. We went through the ceremony but didn't really practice the entrances...and my 3 year old niece REALLY needed practice. And then on the wedding day, there was a little confusion about the schedule. Amy had us running behind trying to get all our awesome pictures so when Mike and I showed up at LSS, it was 11:15, not 10:45 like we assumed because that's when the reception started. Carol figured we'd be running late, but never really filled us in (Yes we were naive about the timing) so our music planning (calculated play lists for the time) got a little messed up. And then they were ready serve the food and I really wasn't. I wanted out a little later and then really don't like having the food out for that long so it got put away before I really got a chance to enjoy it. But that's more of a confusion issue and my stomach's issue than Disneys. I did really like Carol and Pam, don't get me wrong. Most of my issues were based of miscommunications which were probably on my part anyway.

DPS: Amy and Ali A++ While I only received 2 teaser photos, Amy and her assistant Ali were awesome. She was so open to my ideas and really ran with them. I sent her probably like 50 photos and her printed them all out, clipped them together, and tucked them in her pants. She really thought out the shots. I think she enjoyed having some new inspiration. We had them both for all 3 events, the wedding, the DP, and the MK shoot so we got comfortable with each other. Ali complimented our ceremony both to us and to my mom. They both were very nice and talented. I can't wait to see the photos. I know this is preemptive but some of the photo setups were great!

Disney Floral: Laura Kidd A- Flowers weren't our main focus. But my bouquet was gorgeous. It wasn't really what I expected but it was great. I don't even remember the centerpieces from the reception but I liked the ones from the DP, which were the same ones with LED lights. The pieces for the table at the ceremony had this blue gel in it which wasn't what I was expecting and a little weird but honestly didn't bother me that much. What did bother me was one protea fell out during the photos after the ceremony and it didn't get fixed during the floral refresh for the MK shoot. The bouquet was mostly succulents for I don't think they replaced anything, and that protea must has fallen out 30 times during the photo shoot so it got really irritating.

I have more reviews but this is only part 1

congrats! Everything looks amazing! You looked gorgeous, I loved how you had your hair. The parasols were such a cute idea. And Pirate Mickey and Minnie, that is awesome! Glad everything went well, great reviews, I'm sure they'll help future brides. Looking forward to hearing more.

:cheer2: Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

I'm so excited that you had the taiko drummers! They were a highlight of our ceremony, and I recommend them to everyone considering Japan!! :thumbsup2

LOVE the idea of "dressing up" for the MK shoot. Can't wait to see pics!

Congrats again!! :goodvibes

:umbrella: I'm glad you enjoyed the parasol idea.

Its good to see the detailed reviews for future brides. I had Laura Kidd and loved her work too.

We did have a few flowers in several of my bridemaids bouquets that fell out. I wonder if it depends on the type of flowers and how they attach them? That is wrong they didn't fix it for your MK refresh.

congrats! Everything looks amazing! You looked gorgeous, I loved how you had your hair. The parasols were such a cute idea. And Pirate Mickey and Minnie, that is awesome! Glad everything went well, great reviews, I'm sure they'll help future brides. Looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks Sara! I'm hoping to be honest with my reviews. I think that's a big help to everyone
:cheer2: Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

I'm so excited that you had the taiko drummers! They were a highlight of our ceremony, and I recommend them to everyone considering Japan!! :thumbsup2

LOVE the idea of "dressing up" for the MK shoot. Can't wait to see pics!

Congrats again!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the info on them! They were awesome. I was a little disappointed the music didn't change for my entrance, but in the moment I didn't care, and it went with our informal/casual theme. I didn't need a big entrance, but I think it's something that future brides would want to know.

:umbrella: I'm glad you enjoyed the parasol idea.

Its good to see the detailed reviews for future brides. I had Laura Kidd and loved her work too.

We did have a few flowers in several of my bridemaids bouquets that fell out. I wonder if it depends on the type of flowers and how they attach them? That is wrong they didn't fix it for your MK refresh.

Thanks Vanessa. The parasols were perfect. And we took a lot of interesting photos with them. The first few times the flower fell out it didn't bother me, but considering I spent $75 for a refresh and nothing was done, it annoyed me by the end.

congrats! your dress is stunning! :cool1:

Thank you! I loved the dress. I knew it was my dress the moment I saw it on David's website. And it was the first one I tried on. We bought it right then and there. I do regret not trying on more dresses or going to different stores. I felt wrong doing it after I bought the dress. But I don't regret my choice, just that I missed out on more shopping. :laughing:

cant wait to read more!! :thumbsup2

Thank you Sarah! I'm trying to write...and also procrastinate.

Well since I'm sitting at work during a break I'll try to write some. It's just busy since we're having everyone over our house for Thanksgiving this year. We're doing both families. I'm not the main cook, just offering our house, so we're trying to get it ready. And we're trying to also do some x-mas lights since this weekend is Thanksgiving, after that it's my birthday, and the next weekend after that we are going to my brothers for the weekend so there's not much time. Plus we're doing color-changing blue and white lights so they can be Hanukkah lights as well. :thumbsup2

Anyway...on to the reviews:

Disney Food Services: A- Now let me start off: The food was amazing. Everyone loved what they ate. So why the minus? First off, since we arrived late to the reception, they wanted to put the food out right away. We had some munched on some of the cocktail hour fruit and I wasn't ready. But then we had a music snaffo (which I'll get more into later) and so we ate as soon as we were all announced in and after the first dance. I barely ate anything, figuring I could eat more later...which was not so. My mom had to argue with them to keep the food out for 30 more minutes and for them to pack up some food for Mike because he spent the whole day before our wedding vomiting :sick: WAY more on that later. Also they didn't give us the Le Cellier breadsticks I requested and which was in our BEO. We got rolls. Not bad...just not what I asked for. The cake was wonderful and delicious. I'm still craving it, but somehow all the cake was gone, when there were only 35 guests, and it said it would feed 55. So no leftover cake :headache: (I love cake :love:)

Then at the DP, we thought we were getting coffee and tea along with our bar...not so. And we had discussed doing an antipasto display with breads and meats and salads. We got some cheese and meat. And our one salad: mushroom artichoke, our BEO said salads, not 1 salad. And no bread..no crackers. Luckily they did bring out some crackers but we had wanted more of a more substantial spread, not light snacking. Now the bread was NOT in our BEO so I recommend reading it very carefully and not assuming anything.

I'm not sure if my issues with the food was my fault, misunderstandings, their fault, or some combo. I'm not blaming them, just stating I wasn't 100% satisfied with my experience and I recommend double checking your BEO and not to make any assumptions. They still get an A, just a low A...like a 92.

(this is the teacher in me coming out)

I can definitely understand why you were upset on those things. The Le Cellier breadsticks would be enough to make me mad because bread is one of my favorite parts of a meal and those are delicious! I also agree on the cake, you need to have extras to indulge in afterwards. We had a replica made of our top layer during our 1st anniversary trip, maybe you could do something like that to have more to enjoy. Our cocktail hour food was completely picked up by the time we arrived which made me mad because I at least wanted to see and possibly try some of the items. I finally saw them once we got our video back from the videographer.

Thanks for the info on them! They were awesome. I was a little disappointed the music didn't change for my entrance, but in the moment I didn't care, and it went with our informal/casual theme. I didn't need a big entrance, but I think it's something that future brides would want to know.

We didn't have them drum for every entrance, so I had my own entrance song, but if you don't do it that way, that's an excellent point for future brides!

As for the food, it doesn't sound like your fault to me! If it's in the BEO it should have been there for you!!

SAM I have been away for a couple months and missed everything! I just caught up and you guys looked so great! Love the oragami birds, and mikes long jacket. His Prince outfit is amazing too! I totally wanted my DH to wear a long jacket and bow tie but he wouldnt go for it. Your dress and hair were so pretty, and the minny and mickey pirate outfits were really neat too. What an awesome wedding, congrats to you and Mike!

don't know how I missed the food reviews, but I don't think that was your fault at all. And we had no cake leftover either! I wonder if you have to ask them to box up leftovers now? I would have been upset with them taking away the food so quickly too. Ooh I would have been really annoyed by the bread thing, it's just something I bet you were looking forward to and having for your guests and that is disappointing that it wasn't there.

I had issues with my food too. While everything tasted good, there were things that we didn't get that were in the BEO, which I wasn't happy with, but didn't want to spend time stressing about on my wedding day.

It sounds like overall you were happy with all your vendors which is great :goodvibes

my problem was the opposite, they boxed up our cake and we were staying for 2 weeks so we kept this giant cake in our mini fridge and after a couple of days it was pretty dried out. So at the end of our vacay we just left it in the fridge. Everyone in the family was saying how we have to pay to get it shipped back home because it is so important to eat the top on our 1 year anniversary but I just thought if it is this stale now just think what it will taste like after a year in my freezer so we just left it. I know it sucks because it is a nice tradition and all that but I cant say that I really feel any remorse over it.

Sorry about the food issues, and thanks so much for sharing this info. so us future brides can be prepared. I wouldn't be too happy about the bread sticks since you specifically requested them, but I'm glad to hear the food was great anyway!

I can definitely understand why you were upset on those things. The Le Cellier breadsticks would be enough to make me mad because bread is one of my favorite parts of a meal and those are delicious! I also agree on the cake, you need to have extras to indulge in afterwards. We had a replica made of our top layer during our 1st anniversary trip, maybe you could do something like that to have more to enjoy. Our cocktail hour food was completely picked up by the time we arrived which made me mad because I at least wanted to see and possibly try some of the items. I finally saw them once we got our video back from the videographer.

We are planning on going back next year so I was thinking of having an anniversary cake made. Our planner had made a plate of the cocktail hour food but it wasn't a really big suggestion.

We didn't have them drum for every entrance, so I had my own entrance song, but if you don't do it that way, that's an excellent point for future brides!

As for the food, it doesn't sound like your fault to me! If it's in the BEO it should have been there for you!!

I didn't think of that! They never mentioned about having another source of music for my entrance.

SAM I have been away for a couple months and missed everything! I just caught up and you guys looked so great! Love the oragami birds, and mikes long jacket. His Prince outfit is amazing too! I totally wanted my DH to wear a long jacket and bow tie but he wouldnt go for it. Your dress and hair were so pretty, and the minny and mickey pirate outfits were really neat too. What an awesome wedding, congrats to you and Mike!

Welcome back Amanda! I've been MIA for a while too. Thank you so much. Mike was very into his outfit so that made it easy! He loves bowties too...he wears one every wednesday to work. :confused3

don't know how I missed the food reviews, but I don't think that was your fault at all. And we had no cake leftover either! I wonder if you have to ask them to box up leftovers now? I would have been upset with them taking away the food so quickly too. Ooh I would have been really annoyed by the bread thing, it's just something I bet you were looking forward to and having for your guests and that is disappointing that it wasn't there.

I wasn't super annoyed and in the moment I didn't eat much anyway, but looking back on it, I wish I had a chance to eat more.

I had issues with my food too. While everything tasted good, there were things that we didn't get that were in the BEO, which I wasn't happy with, but didn't want to spend time stressing about on my wedding day.

It sounds like overall you were happy with all your vendors which is great :goodvibes

I was overall very happy. There were a few hiccups, but there always is. I agree with you on not wanting to stress about it on the wedding day...I had plenty to stress about.

my problem was the opposite, they boxed up our cake and we were staying for 2 weeks so we kept this giant cake in our mini fridge and after a couple of days it was pretty dried out. So at the end of our vacay we just left it in the fridge. Everyone in the family was saying how we have to pay to get it shipped back home because it is so important to eat the top on our 1 year anniversary but I just thought if it is this stale now just think what it will taste like after a year in my freezer so we just left it. I know it sucks because it is a nice tradition and all that but I cant say that I really feel any remorse over it.

Oh that's no fun! I'm glad we didn't have a TON of food, I just wanted a little more.

Sorry about the food issues, and thanks so much for sharing this info. so us future brides can be prepared. I wouldn't be too happy about the bread sticks since you specifically requested them, but I'm glad to hear the food was great anyway!

I hardly even noticed it during the wedding. They had "multigrain rolls" instead which just weren't the same. In hindsight it's more upsetting, but honestly there's so much going on on your wedding day, little things slip by and there will be mistakes.

OK, so new year and I finally got the hard copies of all my pictures so I can finally post! :cool1: Now I just need to not procrastinate about it. I hope everyone had a lovely holiday season and happy new year!

Now onto the Glad I did section:

GLAD I DID:
1) Have a Disney Wedding. I know this is a lame one, but looking back on the pictures and thinking of the memories, it was just such a unique and awesome venue that allows for SO many choices. I hands down recommend it to anyone. And price-wise, it's not that much more than a local wedding here in NJ
2) Have an Epcot wedding. I'm a big fan of Epcot, it's probably my favorite park. I loved having Japan as the ceremony site, and the Living Seas is awesome as a reception site. One small negative- the sweetheart table had no real back drop for it (just the blue wall panels) and the pictures of us sitting there look a little lame). If you choose it, you may have to put something to spice it up a little
3) Had a dessert party. While I was a little underwhelmed with the food choices, it was such a fun time. Everyone loved it and we got really awesome photos. We had everyone come back with their Mickey ear hats and there are some great photos.
4) Went with Mickey ear hats as the favors. At almost $20 a pop, they were expensive. And my mom and I debated on what to do. I suggested giving Food and Wine festival giftcards (the little wristlet ones) instead for like $5 but my mom felt $10 was more appropriate. In the scheme of things a couple hundred more dollars, since we only had 34 guests, was not a big deal, we both caved, and we are both glad we did.
5) Requested Amy. Awesome photographer! Love her!
6) Brought along flip flops. My feet killed me!!!!
7) Had a MK photo shoot. The experience was wonderful and fun...not the early morning part. And the photos are wonderful. It's expensive, but to me it was worth it.
8) Had Minnie and Mickey I wasn't sure if this was going to be lame or not. But it was wonderful and everyone got into it. They spent most of their 1/2 hour taking photos with everyone

Glad I didn't
well there wasn't much I didn't do but here goes...
1) Didn't use the wedding pavillion :headache: Please don't hate me. I'm just not a fan and I know it's the traditional choice, but I'm definitely not traditional. I just can't get over the carpet. :confused3
2) Didn't give the girls flowers I'm glad I was the only one with a bouquet (wow that sounds selfish) and the parasols were much cheaper and made for some great photos)
Use a normal officiant Our moms married us and we (meaning I) wrote the whole ceremony. It was really wonderful and it was apparent that a lot of effort was put into the ceremony as well as the reception
Spend a lot of money on floral/centerpieces I can't even remember what they looked like...

Wish I did/didn't
Here's the section for the things I would have changed
1) Rehearse more at the rehearsal I would have made my niece practice her flower girl duties, and I would have changed where everyone was entering...which I would have known if we practiced it.
2) Take a later flight down we always rush rush rush around Disney in our normal manner, we took a 7 am flight, which meant a 4 am wakeup call. Normally we wake up about 5:15-5:45 so not that crazy....but then I had a 4 am wake up for the wedding, and again for the photo shoot and again for the flight to Hawaii...:headache: which leads me to
3) Stayed in Disney and delayed our honeymoon to Hawaii We arrived in Disney on Tuesday, figuring we'd have park time together and get little things down, had the wedding on Friday, party in Epcot on Saturday, photos on Sunday, then leaving for Hawaii monday, staying until Saturday, catching a red eye and getting home Sunday at 4 PM to which we planned on going to work the next day.... Well we arrived Tuesday, met up with my aunt and uncle a little, then hung out just the 2 of us. Wednesday families arrived, so we hung with them running around to see them all. Thursday was rehearsal, we separated...oh yeah Mike got super sick and vomited all day :sick:. Friday wedding...afterward I left Mike to finish recovering, and the weekend we spent time with our families, often separating so we didn't get a lot of US time. I was not ready to go to Hawaii. I felt a little ill and I just didn't enjoy as much as I would have if it was the "start" of our vacation. I would have staying in Disney until like Wednesday, then headed home and enjoyed sometime at home before going to work on Monday. And then would have gone to Hawaii during the summer. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed it, but it took me a little getting used to. I missed the cats, and missed home.
4) Realized how much getting married would affect me Don't take this the wrong way. I love Mike and I love being with him. This more of the name change thing. I felt weird! I didn't like it at all, like I was losing part of myself but losing my name. It's a weird feeling to describe but it put a knot in the pit of my stomach that took a while to shake. I was happy to be husband and wife...I just wanted my name. :sad2:

Um....I know I had a long list but I can't think right now. And very soon with come the start of the official report!

I love your list of glad/wish, etc!

1) Have a Disney Wedding. I know this is a lame one, but looking back on the pictures and thinking of the memories, it was just such a unique and awesome venue that allows for SO many choices. I hands down recommend it to anyone. And price-wise, it's not that much more than a local wedding here in NJ
2) Have an Epcot wedding. I'm a big fan of Epcot, it's probably my favorite park. I loved having Japan as the ceremony site, and the Living Seas is awesome as a reception site. One small negative- the sweetheart table had no real back drop for it (just the blue wall panels) and the pictures of us sitting there look a little lame). If you choose it, you may have to put something to spice it up a little

I definitely agree with both of the above! I love that I got married somewhere so surreal (to me anyway) and nobody else I know will probably ever get married there! The same goes for Epcot, I think that was the best decision I made when it came to the wedding, because like you, I just love, love, love Epcot!

7) Had a MK photo shoot. The experience was wonderful and fun...not the early morning part. And the photos are wonderful. It's expensive, but to me it was worth it.
8) Had Minnie and Mickey I wasn't sure if this was going to be lame or not. But it was wonderful and everyone got into it. They spent most of their 1/2 hour taking photos with everyone

I wish I would have done both of these and cut back on other areas (like welcome party maybe) to do this. I'm glad you were able to do them both!

4) Realized how much getting married would affect me Don't take this the wrong way. I love Mike and I love being with him. This more of the name change thing. I felt weird! I didn't like it at all, like I was losing part of myself but losing my name. It's a weird feeling to describe but it put a knot in the pit of my stomach that took a while to shake. I was happy to be husband and wife...I just wanted my name. :sad2:

I totally understand what you are saying, and I think this is good to say for upcoming brides to think about, and I am glad you brought it up. I didn't really think too much about changing my last name, and just did it because I knew DH really wanted me too (although he would never have made me..). Anyway, I totally regret it now. I think I might change it to be hyphenated, because I can't stand it. The only reason why I haven't gone back and changed it is because I just got my passport redone with my married name (and I go to the US a lot) and I just got new business cards at work :lmao: I would highly advise all brides to think this through a lot

I know how you feel about changing your name. By the time we get married I will be 32 and I've gotten quite used to my name. I told DF I would adopt his name "gradually" but I wasn't running to the DMV the following day to get everything changed! He totally understands.

/I totally understand what you are saying, and I think this is good to say for upcoming brides to think about, and I am glad you brought it up. I didn't really think too much about changing my last name, and just did it because I knew DH really wanted me too (although he would never have made me..). Anyway, I totally regret it now. I think I might change it to be hyphenated, because I can't stand it. The only reason why I haven't gone back and changed it is because I just got my passport redone with my married name (and I go to the US a lot) and I just got new business cards at work :lmao: I would highly advise all brides to think this through a lot

You girls are right. When dh and I got married, at first I was thrilled to get rid of my maiden name. It was very ethnic, very long, and impossible for people to spell or pronounce correctly (it starts with "Uu"). Dh's last name is Irish, simple and short, and I was thrilled!

HOWEVER -- almost 20 years into this, I sometimes wish I'd kept my maiden name. It was unique (our family is literally the only one in the U.S. with the name) and it was mine. My new last name is still misspelled and mispronounced, and if I'm being completely honest, while I love sharing a name with dh and our son, I'm not equally in love with sharing it with some of the members of dh's family. :rolleyes1

So definitely, definitely give it a lot of thought. I know it's tradition, I know lots of guys expect it, but it's going to be with you the rest of your life ... make sure it's what you really want!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter