Sam and Mike's(well mostly Sam's) 10/29/10 non-prof photos Glad I did/didn't Update

Which dress?

• Dress one

• Dress two

• Dress three

• Dress four

• Dress five

• Dress six

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for six- it looks great on you! Perfect for your frame. I actually have dress 5- in red! There are pics of it in page one of my PJ if you'd like to see it in red just to see. It is very heavy and a pain to lace, you are right, LOL! I'm quite worried about the lacing actually!! But I do love the dress.

Congratulations on your engagement, look forward to seeing the rest of your plans!

Thanks! I think the BM dress compliments dress 6. Similar lines, but not dominating. I don't want strapless or halter dresses. I originally wanted the girls in different dresses, but DF wants them all in the same...perhaps I can talk him into different colors though.

I'm thinking just moving it up a year to October 28th 2010.

The BM dress is really cute. I love the idea of different dresses/colors, I would have done the same, but I'm only having a MOH. That dress would look really cute in the different deep colors you are thinking. To compromise with your DF you could find a dress with a waist sash and alternate those colors, but have the body of the dress be the same color.

Yeh for moving it up! :woohoo:

The BM dress is really cute. I love the idea of different dresses/colors, I would have done the same, but I'm only having a MOH. That dress would look really cute in the different deep colors you are thinking. To compromise with your DF you could find a dress with a waist sash and alternate those colors, but have the body of the dress be the same color.

Yeh for moving it up! :woohoo:

Thanks Belle! I also saw this dress with the accent colors: http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/D418/

I just feel like I'm going to have many I want some variety. I do like the waist sash idea as well. Dessy has some really nice dresses! Sometimes I feel like I'd rather have 1, but I want to include people and want to be included at theirs!

I voted for six- it looks great on you! Perfect for your frame. I actually have dress 5- in red! There are pics of it in page one of my PJ if you'd like to see it in red just to see. It is very heavy and a pain to lace, you are right, LOL! I'm quite worried about the lacing actually!! But I do love the dress.

Congratulations on your engagement, look forward to seeing the rest of your plans!

Thank you!! I loved 6. Wow, I can't imagine dress 5 in red...so dramatic! Did you get it from Davids Bridals? Dress 5 was on sale when I tried it on...but all that lace! It was so beautiful, but just too much for me. I do love it though. It will be my #2. I'm looking forward to reading your VR!

A fall wedding will be amazing. Especially at Epcot since that will be during the Food & Wine Festival. I was also an Epcot bride with a LSS reception; you'll love having pictures in the World Showcase :goodvibes For the dresses, I can't really decide. I went to 14 shops and tried over 100 before I picked mine, so I'm probably not the biggest help. If you aren't leaning towards one specifically I would keep looking evening trying out other shops. That is what I found helped me narrow my options. :bride:

Yay Vanessa! I have totally read your PJ and it made me love LSS so much more! And I'm totally stealing your snowglobe idea! I hope my wedding is half as beautiful as yours!! Thanks for trying to help with the dresses. I'm usually indecisive...or its more like I don't like deciding and pick 2 and want both, haha. I put on dress 6, and felt like it was the one. I'm still open to looking...it certainly is fun! But it's my bar to set the others against.
I'm new to this, so still a little confused. I hope this posts correctly! I voted for dress four, but dress six is beautiful too..actually, they all looked great on you! I totally understand how you feel about moving the date up and planning before you were even engaged! Either way I'm sure you'll be happy, but it seems like you are already so prepared that doing it in 2010 wouldn't be difficult. Plus, I think a year and a half engagement is a perfect length!

Whoops almost miss ya! You posted perfectly! First off welcome to the boards!!! And I finally got a chance to talk to my mom (she brought it up, not me) and she said she thinks we can swing that. I'm nervous and anxious about the date. I don't want to build up my expectations too much (i have a tendency of doing that) and I get impatient...plus with price raises--weekday for premium season jumped up 150%! Plus having my grandmother (who I lovingly call Oma) fall...it made me nervous. She's 85. My Opa (grandfather) passed away last year and I want her there. That extra year may seem like a lot.

Congratulations on moving the date up!!! I also love the bridesmaid dressing they are such a cute length!!

Thanks Ann!! It's not definite yet but I want it! And I love tea length!

Oohh a fall wedding would be lovely!! There is so much you can do!!

I'm hoping for a fall...just upset about the cost. That's why I'm thinking of a Thursday, because friday is $25000!!!!! :scared1:

Yay Vanessa! I have totally read your PJ and it made me love LSS so much more! And I'm totally stealing your snowglobe idea! I hope my wedding is half as beautiful as yours!! Thanks for trying to help with the dresses. I'm usually indecisive...or its more like I don't like deciding and pick 2 and want both, haha. I put on dress 6, and felt like it was the one. I'm still open to looking...it certainly is fun! But it's my bar to set the others against.

Thank you so much; I know my wedding would not have been half as nice without all the help of Disney brides who gave me inspiration during my planning process too :goodvibes The snowglobes were a huge hit with our guests; everyone loved going around looking at the different tables. I actually stole the idea when we were down for our PS. We went on a site visit to Ariel's and they were setting up for a reception. The bride had used snowglobes and I thought it was a great idea! I still have like 5 of the snowglobes in my house and a couple more that are still in the boxes. Maybe I need to sell the ones that aren't on display on eBay and save the money towards our next Disney trip :rotfl:

Hey Sam! I like dresses 1 and 5-i know 5 is a pain but it looks beautiful on you. i love the BM dress also-good choice. i totally think if you want to move the wedding sooner than do it! you can move the wedding sooner because you still have so much time even if you do it in fall 2010 and disney around that time will be so festive with halloween ending and thanksgiving and the other holidays starting! :goodvibes

Def dress 5. I love it because it looks so much like Belle. =o)

I just found your PJ - congrats!!! I think we are doing a dinner at LSS and a DP too, we are going for site visits next week. LSS looks like a fun place!

Def dress 5. I love it because it looks so much like Belle. =o)

I just found your PJ - congrats!!! I think we are doing a dinner at LSS and a DP too, we are going for site visits next week. LSS looks like a fun place!

Haha Cassie, I knew you'd like that one!! :thumbsup2 Very cool on the site visit, you'll have to take lots of pictures for me! hehe. LSS does seem really fun. We did the dive there last time (not full scuba, just floating on top) and we were just certified so we want to do the full dive. It was awesome. We could see the window with the piano and I totally pointed it out to Mike. He's love marine bio and that stuff, and works at an aquarium so its right up his alley. I love the drama!! I think we're going to the brunch/lunch, but dinner would be SOOO nice!

Hey Sam! I like dresses 1 and 5-i know 5 is a pain but it looks beautiful on you. i love the BM dress also-good choice. i totally think if you want to move the wedding sooner than do it! you can move the wedding sooner because you still have so much time even if you do it in fall 2010 and disney around that time will be so festive with halloween ending and thanksgiving and the other holidays starting! :goodvibes

Why thank you Stephie. I really like all the dresses. And I talked with the bank (aka my mom) and she ok'd 2010! :banana: And our districts are now getting the whole first week off in November so we'll only be skipping days the week of the wedding, not the honeymoon. I don't want to do it during teacher's convention because it's relatively crowded. I'm a little nervous about Halloween crowds, but we'd love to do Mickey's NSSHP one of the nights (just not before the wedding...don't want to get bloated on candy!) Hey maybe I can go as a bride...:bride: hehe. DF LOVES Halloween so he's excited. I'm sure he'd love to get married then. I'm excited about the decorations. And the Food and Wine Festival (mostly the food...and the wine) popcorn::

Thank you so much; I know my wedding would not have been half as nice without all the help of Disney brides who gave me inspiration during my planning process too :goodvibes The snowglobes were a huge hit with our guests; everyone loved going around looking at the different tables. I actually stole the idea when we were down for our PS. We went on a site visit to Ariel's and they were setting up for a reception. The bride had used snowglobes and I thought it was a great idea! I still have like 5 of the snowglobes in my house and a couple more that are still in the boxes. Maybe I need to sell the ones that aren't on display on eBay and save the money towards our next Disney trip :rotfl:

Well you know if you want to sell them, I'd love to take a look. I think I want to use them as favors additionally, so I want to buy ones I think my guests would like...Toy Story for my Nephew, A sorcerer Mickey for my mom, Eeyore for FMIL. etc...This way I don't have a ton of them. I REALLY want to buy the festival of Bacchus snowglobe on Disney Outlets. The Dis brides, including you, are definitely so helpful. I'm excited because a lot of us are going to be there during marathon weekend so we'll have to arrange a meet. You ladies are the best!!

Not many updates for now besides the OK on the date (BEST UPDATE OF ALL!) I'll try to post some pic ideas later. Anyone know of any good places (besides Etsy) to get customized garters? I want to totally geek mine out...I'm currently looking for microscope or DNA charms, haha. Mike would LOVE that.

Yay for getting the date okayed!! :banana: I love your ideas for the garter! I'm a major science nerd too!

Yay for getting the date okayed!! :banana: I love your ideas for the garter! I'm a major science nerd too!

Hhaha I'd love to get a ribbon with the DNA double helix and have that on there...it would be so awesome. Hooray for science geeks!! I have these funky microscope earrings, and a bracelet of amino acids. I'm a big biochem and evo/genetics geek. What about you?

Yay for 2010!!!

I am very excited Amanda! FMIL wasn't so thrilled, even though she was the one pushing it in the first place. I had pointed it, it would be FSIL first year teacher and how they'd frown her taking off, when I was arguing for 2011...well I argued a little too well. Plus money may be tight since they are helping out their princess: for her SIXTH year of college..to become a gym teacher! :eek: Forbid she'd get more loans...I'm not bitter. It's not like they didn't help DF, and make him pay his own way...and all his expenses...:sad2:

Sorry I'm in a pissy mood. This morning I was told by my supervisor there was not the position here next year...even though the woman is taking another year maternity leave because they needed a physics position more. But they are hiring a new earth science as well, because she hates my mentor, who is a chem teacher who wants to teach earth science so I'm not getting her job. But anyway, I'm ok with the physics since there's been a sub here forever who wants to teach physics...but they want her certified in chem....and I helped her study. And two seconds later I'm informed the higher ups don't appreciate rebuttals to observations, that they just want you to smile and say thank you and take the criticism. Which I did not do since my mentor (who she hates), as well as the union prez and the rep told me I had every right to rebut statements made...like expecting my students to look in a book at an example was unrealistic (I have a low track but NOT resource) and she told me I should treat these 16 yo as kindergartners because they were stupid. I stated I have high expectations and students will rise to the standards you set for them. Even though earlier my supervisor told me she did not want me looking elsewhere, that they wanted me. And our budget passed. Whatever...I'm not bitter...or angry...or cranky because I'm being shafted for supporting my students and not my supervisor.

END of RANT. :mad::mad::mad:
y

I'm so sorry to hear about all that mess, that is really horrible. With science teachers in such high demand, I am surprised they are being that way.

Hang in there here is a :grouphug:

Thank you!! I loved 6. Wow, I can't imagine dress 5 in red...so dramatic! Did you get it from Davids Bridals? Dress 5 was on sale when I tried it on...but all that lace! It was so beautiful, but just too much for me. I do love it though. It will be my #2. I'm looking forward to reading your VR!

Well, first, congrats on your date! :goodvibes And sorry about your work stress:(

And, in response to your question, yes, it's from DB. It was on sale then too (I bought it this winter), it was in red, white, and an off white shade (not sure what they called it, ivory or cream or something?). Anyway, there aren't many in the red, it was the only one and it was in my size, so felt like fate! I REALLY wanted a red dress for the VR, too:) I've not seen any like it anywhere, which is really odd considering it's from DB, but I've honestly not seen one anywhere, and I've searched all over the internet. It's easy to see on the pj, just go to page one and scroll down on the first post, no hard searching:) It's a different look than white, ofcourse, in the red, but might give you an idea of how the dress looks with a double slip (I am wearing two for a bigger 'poof') and you can see it from a few different angles, I've got maybe three or four pictures of it. Hope it helps you with ideas! :)

Sorry to hear about work...that stinks! I'm sure things will turn out okay though. Just think happy thoughts :)

I majored in forensic science, but have become more drawn to the molecular/genetics area. No jobs in this area for forensic scientists though, so I'm actually looking into teaching.

Oh Sorry to hear about work!! But it sounds like you are good at what you do and care about your kids...it sucks that it's not recognized.

And it's too bad about family drama...I haven't had TOO much yet but our dates aren't confirmed yet either, lol.

I'm so sorry to hear about all that mess, that is really horrible. With science teachers in such high demand, I am surprised they are being that way.

Hang in there here is a :grouphug:

Aw thank you. I'm not worried about getting a job for next year, and I really didn't want to be there anyway. I'm just upset that I was doing what my mentor told me to do and got punished for it. Oh well. I'm hoping to get a position at DF's school next year so hopefully everything will work out.

Well, first, congrats on your date! :goodvibes And sorry about your work stress:(

And, in response to your question, yes, it's from DB. It was on sale then too (I bought it this winter), it was in red, white, and an off white shade (not sure what they called it, ivory or cream or something?). Anyway, there aren't many in the red, it was the only one and it was in my size, so felt like fate! I REALLY wanted a red dress for the VR, too:) I've not seen any like it anywhere, which is really odd considering it's from DB, but I've honestly not seen one anywhere, and I've searched all over the internet. It's easy to see on the pj, just go to page one and scroll down on the first post, no hard searching:) It's a different look than white, ofcourse, in the red, but might give you an idea of how the dress looks with a double slip (I am wearing two for a bigger 'poof') and you can see it from a few different angles, I've got maybe three or four pictures of it. Hope it helps you with ideas! :)

Victoria, Your VR sounds awesome! And that dress is amazing. It really is a lovely dress, in both red and white, but the lacing and I really don't want the poofy slips, so not for me. But I love the red!! And thank you! DB is a pretty nice place, considering, and fairly priced

Sorry to hear about work...that stinks! I'm sure things will turn out okay though. Just think happy thoughts :)

I majored in forensic science, but have become more drawn to the molecular/genetics area. No jobs in this area for forensic scientists though, so I'm actually looking into teaching.

Thank you. I'm sure they will but it's pretty stinky. If you go into teaching, it definitely can be rewarding. But keep your head down until you have tenure! Don't listen to anyone!

Oh Sorry to hear about work!! But it sounds like you are good at what you do and care about your kids...it sucks that it's not recognized.

And it's too bad about family drama...I haven't had TOO much yet but our dates aren't confirmed yet either, lol.

Thanks Amanda. It really does stink because I was defending my students. My supervisor teaches the subject as well, and she's called them stupid. They are not stupid...some of them have learning disabilities and the other ones are not motivated, but they are NOT stupid. Even my students are like, we're dumb, and then they say how they don't study and I'm like maybe that's why you get low test scores!! :teacher: But I really try to emphasize just trying, and doing the homework, and paying attention instead of testing. It's a smaller % of their grades, because honestly they are not going to become chemists and I know that, and I'd rather have them become productive, responsible individuals so they CAN succeed at whatever career path they choose.

And thanks for the :hug: on the family drama. It's not really drama, just always there. Mike is the middle child and is definitely treated as such. So I try to make him feel as special and :love: as possible. And he said we're not allowed to have more than 2 kids, haha. :rotfl:

In addition to planning all the joy of a wishes reception and everything, we're also planning a ceremony as well. Df and I were raised different religions, and neither of us are particularly religious so we don't really want a traditional ceremony.

My brother also married interfaith, and they planned their whole ceremony and it was beautiful. Everyone was crying and it was wonderful...the reception was crap but they put all their effort into the ceremony, which I think is very important as well. I was raised Jewish and I do want some traditional things like a chuppah (with our siblings holding up the posts- we each have 2) and I want to get custom yarmuckles but only for the fun of it. I really want our mothers to run the ceremony, and only the "official" officiant say the part they have to say in order for it to be legal. I had originally wanted our moms to do the thing and have the legal part be done by a justice of the peace, but I don't want to be "official" before or after our Dis wedding. I want it to be official during. So since our mothers can be officiated for the day, this is the plan. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my brother, my mom and SIL's father ran the ceremony, because her father could be officiated in Mass)

My brother has offered to help out, but I want to make sure the Jewish undertones don't take over, but I really don't want any Jesus reference because it makes me uncomfortable. DF and his family only to church on Christmas Eve so they aren't very religious at all either. Df and I are both kinda agnostic so I don't really want a lot of reference to the guy (or whoever) upstairs either. (Although for some reason I'm totally ok with it in Hebrew...:confused3) Anyway, in Judaism during a wedding there are 7 wedding blessings so I want to incorporate something like that, one Jewish, one Irish (he's irish), A native american (he's partial...just barely), and I'm trying to think of others but its difficult to keep them non-denominational and without you know who. Any ideas? I was thinking whichever country we get married in Epcot in to incorporate a tradition from there perhaps.

I really want to put as much effort into the ceremony as I do into the reception, the dress, the flowers, etc... We want to write our own voes, and be creative. I like the sand, candles, wine ceremonies but I'm not sure. I love the hourglass idea (or being super geeks we could use Erlenmeyer flasks and beakers :rotfl: ) for the sand. I'm trying to gather lots of ideas. I want it to be memorable.

For after the reception, we'll have most of the afternoon. So I figure I'll wear a casual white dress. My mom's wedding dress to my father (her second marriage) was sort of casual and had a mexican flair. She thought it would be perfect and I'd love the specialness of wearing that dress. We'd have to alter it to fit me, and perhaps we could shorten it so I can wear it around disney.

Still trying to think of colors and catch up on other people's PJs...and avoiding writing lesson plans. :3dglasses

Good for u planning a nice ceremony. I am not a religious person either so I am trying to find different ideas as well. One thing i came across was instead of having the sand ceremony the couple planted a tree in a pot and will later plant it at their home. They both added dirt and water like you would the sand and added the seed for the tree. I thought it was a cool idea and then you can watch the tree grow over many years. I am an environmental educator so i really like trees lol so maybe this is not appealing for ever one but its an idea.

Good for u planning a nice ceremony. I am not a religious person either so I am trying to find different ideas as well. One thing i came across was instead of having the sand ceremony the couple planted a tree in a pot and will later plant it at their home. They both added dirt and water like you would the sand and added the seed for the tree. I thought it was a cool idea and then you can watch the tree grow over many years. I am an environmental educator so i really like trees lol so maybe this is not appealing for ever one but its an idea.

Thanks Ann. That sounds really awesome and up our alley (both bio teachers!) I googled it, I'm trying to find a cool ceremony.

So after reading Carye's PJ and seeing that pin, I totally want to order a large amount of pins of ebay and stick them into the welcome bags with info on pin trading. Kind of a starter kit (well 1 per person). I thought pin trading was so awesome last year and I'd buy new ones if I saw a CM with a snow white one so I could trade, haha.

Also I thought I'd post some wedding ring ideas. I found these a while back and I really like the design but they are $$ because they are from this hippy dippy :hippie: earth friendly site with recycled gold and fair trade diamonds. The rings are platinum, like my e-ring, and one has the design all the way, and one only on the front.

Any ideas on other ring sites???

I love your ideas for your ceremony! That is one thing I am most excited about. My brother is marrying us and we get to write the entire thing!

Oh and I love the ring! Very unique!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter