sales person

Did anyone have James Thomas as a guide? He was our guide from 1993 until sometime in 1999. He handled our original purchase and all our add--ons. What a wonderful guide he was. We did get cards and messages from him which made us feel "wanted." He was a smart person and an asset to DVC sales. Wonder where he is now. Anyone know?

Phil and Mary Jo
dvclogo.gif

WDW--82,83,85,87,89,93,95,96, 97,98,99,00,01
DVC/OKW

and she was great. A real pro. She was reccommended to us by a good friend who was already a DVCer and we were not disappointed. We have mutual friends who have joined since then and once again she was great. Quick to return calls and answer our endless questions. Smooth closing and no problems. We haven't heard from her since but didn't expect to hear from her. We've never had any problems. And if we did have problems we'd take it up with MS.

Laura

We liked her... she called us several times(once while she had the flu) and answered all my little nit picky questions and never pushed... she was to the point and easy to deal with for us... :)

We had Celeste Chaffaut in 1997.She was great we toured okw and bwv with our 23 mounth old for 3 hours and she couldn't been nicer.

Did anyone have Linda Streetman? we closed in October 1999 and she was our DVC rep. I haven't heard from her since then.

We had Gib McCain, who was very low key and very helpful. We really enjoyed working with him. Not at all what I expected when we signed up to go on the BWV tour. My husband had scheduled the tour, and I was somewhat skeptical about a "timeshare." I ended up being very impressed. Even when Gib could have "sugar coated" answers, he did not and was absoltely honest. Since we have bought, when questions or problems have come up, he has returned phone calls immediately, sometimes from home, and has made sure that we got the help we needed.

I don't know if we have ever gotten a christmas card, but I do know that Gib has been a source of accurate and timely information and DVC has been everything we hoped it would be

When I purchased VWL in November 2000, I had Chris Mansour as a guide and thoroughly enjoyed his demeanor, attention to my questions, and time he took to explain it all to me and my family, he gave me some funding suggestions then left the room while I did the figuring. I took so much of his time (about 2 hours) that I was having low blood sugars, as I am a diabetic, and he went and even got lemonade for me. And when I had questions about the closing afterward, he promptly returned my call. I would highly recommend Chris.

Anyone dealt with Karen. I took the tour at BW back in Jan/Feb and she was my guide. Very friendly and helpful. Answered all my questions and said she would call in a few weeks to see how I was doing on my decision.

Well, I decided to go with a resale at OKW. I had asked her about the possibility of resales and she had told me that they were few and far between and that Disney bought up most of them for the waiting list that they had in their system.

I haven't heard from her and don't know if she would have had a way to find out that I've made and offer on a resale. I'm a little concerned about calling to tell her my direction after all the effort that she put in. Anyone had a similar situation? :rolleyes:

We used Celeste in November and she was very helpful and patient. Even though we only bought 150 points she compared a resale we were considering and based on banked points etc she showes how Disney was better for us in this particular instance. She even said that there have been some resales that she couldn't beat but appreciated the opportunity. Called MS to make first ressies.
Highly recommend

Tom Jenkins is our guide and he was great! He answered all our questions, never pushed and was prompt in returning phone calls. I would recommend him.

Dave

horizonssignsm.gif

Just wanted to put in a HUGE plug for our guide Michelle McAllister, We've had her for six years now & she is absolutely the best!!! We got so lucky when we were assigned to her! We took three years to decide, and during that time she was always wonderful, answering questions, etc.. never pushy at all!!!

Carol Anne DeAngelo has been our guide and contrary to what others may believe...you can be friends with your guide! We have never met, as all our negotiations and discussions were done via telephone, but I can tell you...she's helped us with far more than our purchase. We have exchanged uncountable e-mails regarding so many topics...from spending time with family, travel, to what's going on with the brush fires in Florida to helping me figure out where to purchase a bottle of Cristal for our anniversary! She's not only been our guide, but a true friend. Way above and beyond the call of duty. I hope our friendship lasts for a long time to come...kudos to you Carol Anne!!!

jimminy06.gif

"Give a little whistle" - Jiminy Cricket
WDW- '76(Poly) ,'77(Poly) ,'79(Poly),'81(Poly),'83(Poly),'85(Poly),
'87(Poly),'89(X2-Poly/GF),'90(CBR),'96(FW),'97(Cont),
'98(FW),'99(FW), 9/00(BWV), 2/01 (OKW) and 8/01 (BWV)

We had Chris Mansour when we joined BWV and he was fantastic! Never pushed us to join and answered all our questions, as a matter of fact he just called last week to see how we were enjoying DVC! So if you need a guide he's your man!!! :)

hades02.gif

[This message was edited by Master Grayson on 02-20-01 at 02:15 PM.]

Spiceycat - our guide is Judy too.

She has been really helpful and always returns calls very quickly although she has worried about the time difference a couple of times but she's always reached us at a convenient time of day (for us).

We are hoping to meet her in December when we come over for our holiday which has already been booked and so is 'off site', she suggested we give her a call when we arrive so I'm looking forward to it.

Denise

Our original guide was Greg Cootz. He was fine at the presentation and was very knowledgable.However, he told me he would call me in the first year to see if I had any questions about banking pts etc. He never called and I have always remembered that. We are thinking about an add on or a resale. When I called, I specifically did not ask for him. They look you up in the computer though. Celeste took the call and told me Greg had been PROMOTED!

Had Greg also, he was great during the presentation BUT never returned phone calls!! It drove me crazy! When we do our add on, I will specifically NOT ask for him. Wonder how he could be promoted and to WHAT?

When you wish upon a star...DVC will take you far...anything your heart desires....will come your way

Hmmmm....no one mentioned having Julie Hughes as a guide...is this for re-sale guides only??

Well--anyway, we have Julie as our guide (through Disney when we bought shares at VB) and let me just say--she is THE friendliest person I know! She is helpful, smart and always willing to chat with me. She remembered my DH's name right off the bat and always asks how he's doing when I call her. I feel like she is family! LOL! :D

One of the nicest things about her is that she is prompt with returning calls and never makes me feel silly for asking so many questions. That's always important to me because DVC stuff can be sooooo confusing.

If you are looking for a guide--she's the one! I cannot say enough good things about her.

Rima ;)

*** Biggest Aladdin Fan in the WORLD!!!***

12/79 Day Guest
7/84 Day Guest
7/88 Disneyland
7/95 Off Site
1996 Cast Member
2/97 CBR
9/00 GF-HONEYMOON
11/01 GF Concierge
DVC MEMBER/Vero Beach 2001

Our Guide is Byron Helgeson and he has been wonderful. He returns all calls promptly and has taken care of details we thought would be a problem. He is very nice and very knowledgeable about DVC. I would recommend him in a second. I am one who stresses about major purchases but he has made our buying experience a pleasant one! We are happy to have him as our Guide.

Greg was our guide also. He was great during the presentation. He answered all our questions honestly. He recommended buying where we wanted to stay; explained pool hopping was a perk, not a guarantee; explained all the rules fairly and honestly; never pressured us to commit to anything; called us to see if we had questions; answered the same questions a year after the first meeting; sent a postcard after we purchased.
He has not called since we purchased to see if we want an add-on. I appreciate this, I hate telemarketing. If I want to purchase more points, I will figure that out all on my own!
I would much rather have an honest, low pressure salesman than a salesman pressuring me into buying (I consider being called at home to see if I want to purchase more points pressure) with sugar coated facts.
:D

Thanks for the kind words regarding Julie Hughes.
She ended up being the "guide at the time" when I signed up yesterday and she seemed very nice. Since I have been hanging out on these boards so much I am not sure that I learned anything new but what she did have to say was essential and accurate. Also, thanks for the Welcome Home!
-Ron.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter