Sailing to the Yacht Club & Beach Club? ... 2008 FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so nice to see a new one of these up and running!!!!!
Great Pictures. You are all making it harder for us to decide on what resort to stay at. We LOVE the YC but have been thinking of staying at the Poly this time since we now have a toddler. But looking at all these pictures makes me long for the YC!!!!!!!!!!:love:

Great new Yacht & BC thread, the pictures are fantastic. Looking forward to reading all the info I can get. Can't wait to stay here next year for my anniversary! :love:

I will attempt through pics to take you on a ride around the lazy river of SAB...

The lazy river must be so called because there are jets that WILL propel you around this snake like area of SAB...but they aren't like whirlpool jets...the are more LAZY than that:rolleyes: ...the water is DEEP...up to 8' in places...with the shallowest areas at 4.5' in the places where the river flows under pedestrian bridges...there are times where you are closest to the jets when you really need some strength and skill to get over to those stairs! LOL! So beware if you have younger, more inexperienced swimmers. The river is roped off, so you consiously enter into it from the pool itself...or step down into it from stairs...

If you were looking at an aereal view of SAB, you would see that the lazy river is surrounded by the kiddie pool on the closer to YC side...Hurricane Hannah's on the lake side...swimming and volleyball area on the closer to BC side...and fun little inlets and swimming areas on the YC/BC common area side...let's try to get our bearings shall we?

Here is the aforementioned kiddie pool area...notice the hot tub in this area...the sand bar in the kiddie pool...there's the fun little "cove" that I mentioned before...the pool access stairs immediately below the hot tub in this pic drop down into the lazy river...
100_2494.jpg

If we continue in the direction of the flow of the river...we will pass by Hurricane Hannah's first...the sign is difficult to read...the patio tables with umbrellas are the seating area for that CS...notice the tubes...just lying around...
100_2492.jpg

Review note...at this time of day, many had abandoned their earlier tube rentals...and the life guards on duty said that they were fair game...if they were unoccupied and you could get one...then have at it! And enjoy! These tubes were WAY to big for DS6...his little rearend couldn't really touch the water when he was trying to float in one in a lounging style...FYI...

The river floats around...goes under this bridge...this view is looking back at the Hurricane Hannah section...use the life guard umbrella for reference...
100_2501.jpg

standing in the same spot looking downstream...
100_2499.jpg

100_2500.jpg

And here are those two bridges in context...notice the rope, separating the lazy river from one of the inlets on the common area side...
100_2503.jpg

And this pic brings us back around...you can just see the second bridge on the far right...and these pool access stairs are the ones that are near that hot tub and kiddie pool area stairs from the first pic...see the sand bar?
100_2498.jpg

So, the lazy river is a loop around that goes under two bridges...it's quite a bit of fun actually...it was handy that we packed DS's noodle...yes, we DID pack it...and it fit in our carry on luggage btw...because DS swims much better with it...and he doesn't hang on DH and I as much either when he has it!:thumbsup2 The noodle was perfect for the river...

Based on other posts, we had packed 36" clear tubes that we could have used in the lazy river...however...we found that it was quite enjoyable to just swim around...we captured some abandoned tubes...and we never blew ours up...

Evening swimming at SAB is FANTASTIC...the pool is generally shaded...no more worries of sunscreen...many have gone on to their park touring plans...so there are lounge chairs a-PLENTY...the air is warm...the pool is fairly warm as well...not bath water...but NO getting used to it...and quite comfortable to just LAZE around...you don't have to be constantly moving because you get a little cool if you don't...it is so relaxing...as the sun goes down...and before the bright lights turn on...soooo nice...

FYI...these pics were taken in August...around 6:00 pm give or take...

Thanks so much for this thread! Will be there next weekend and looking forward to bringing back pics/info!

What a great thread, can't wait to watch its progress:thumbsup2

This is my next resort I want to stay at- fingers crossed for a code for next year!
:thumbsup2

We'll be staying there (the villas) for the first time next month! This new info thread is great!

Good job!

these wonderful pics make me feel like I've already been to BC! I leave in 6 days and will take lots of pics, in case you all need some (I know you asked for some of SAB store, quiet pool)

getting more excited about YC in Nov

does anyone know if they are still goin to be doing the movies on the beach?

Great pictures! TY so much for posting them!!! Tell me, can you take your drink with you in the lazy river? And are you supposed to sit on top of the tube or through it (half in the water, half below)? And how much does it cost to rent the tubes?

Thanks for sharing the great pix!!

JULIE

Going to WDW 6/17/08-6/27/08

getting more excited about YC in Nov

does anyone know if they are still goin to be doing the movies on the beach?
I don't the answer to this one. Hopefully someone will know but I think the movies are fairly new?

Great pictures! TY so much for posting them!!! Tell me, can you take your drink with you in the lazy river? And are you supposed to sit on top of the tube or through it (half in the water, half below)? And how much does it cost to rent the tubes?

Thanks for sharing the great pix!!

JULIE

Going to WDW 6/17/08-6/27/08
No, you cannot take your drink in the pool but you can have it poolside. You can sit anyway you want in the lazy river. You don't even have to rent a tube. Sorry, I can't help with the cost of the rental. These are great questions I hope someone can answer. These are the types of things we will be putting in the FAQ section on the front page when we get answers.

What a great thread! Great Job so far! :thumbsup2 We love BCV & here's a couple of pics that show just some of the reasons why we love it!

Jeannie, Really great pictures! :goodvibes You should add the ones of the marketplace you had on your review. Those would be a great help to many!

( I have a few interior pics of a studio & a 1 BR. Not great shots but might be helpful to someone. PM me if you want them. )

The view of the quiet pool behind BCV.
100_08361.jpg

100_08351.jpg

Sunset view from 5th floor balcony.

100_08341.jpg

I know SAB is great for kids, but is there anyplace where adults can enjoy a swim?

I want to thank everybody who is contributing to this thread with pictures and details.

I will be posting more soon. I have been working way too much and going to the doctor as well - ick....but I will have more BC information posted soon.

This is a great new thread. I will be there in 10 days. Oh my! I am not a great photographer but I will see what I can do to add pictures.

Thanks again for all your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter