• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog **New 6/14** Day 8/9 The End p. 19

what a lovely day at the cabins! Outside of the migraine that is. Bummer that the Meadows pool was so crowded, we really liked the quiet pool as well. Really seems like you got to enjoy the day and the full use of the cabin and resort, I love that!

Great start to your morning at DHS, in early and knocking those rides out. Bummer that ToT didn't agree with tummies, that can be so frustrating when that happens.

Kudos to you for getting so many headline rides ticked off so painlessly in HS. Lovin the look of that beautiful blue sky :love:

what a lovely day at the cabins! Outside of the migraine that is. Bummer that the Meadows pool was so crowded, we really liked the quiet pool as well. Really seems like you got to enjoy the day and the full use of the cabin and resort, I love that!

Great start to your morning at DHS, in early and knocking those rides out. Bummer that ToT didn't agree with tummies, that can be so frustrating when that happens.

I knew when we stayed at the Fort that I really wanted to take the time to enjoy the resort. I'm glad we got the chance.

Kudos to you for getting so many headline rides ticked off so painlessly in HS. Lovin the look of that beautiful blue sky :love:

We had such beautiful weather on the trip!

Sorry Sully didn't like ToT. It's funny how big people sometimes don't like big rides, but little people love them. I could only take Everest one time, but I read about eight year olds who ride it 3-4 times in a row! :faint:

The pool looks refreshing. Down times are good. We are learning more and more to appreciate rest time, playground time, coloring time, etc. with the girls.

Happy Birthday to Owen!

We headed to Sci Fi for lunch. I believe this was our third time eating there. We just love the atmosphere and the food (burgers and fries) are very good. We were the first ones seated and our waitress was fabulous. Another great experience for us!

We knew we wanted to do the American Idol Experience (I'd done it for the first time on my last solo trip and wanted the family to do it. They weren't super excited for it.) and LMA, but we had to time to kill before they started so we headed to Great Movie Ride. Then we kind of hung around, watching some ducks and a show.

We took the opportunity for some Photopass pictures:

Then it was time for American Idol! We got there really early so were part of the pre-show (where they record "fans" of one of the performers). That was fun.

There were 4 performers, which I thought was odd, but figured maybe they'd changed the format of the show. We had some really good singers, but one was fantastic! She had an amazing voice. The last one up was a man and they ended up bringing his girlfriend up on stage. Up until this point, I still didn't have a clue what was going on. But next we knew, we were witnessing a proposal! Everyone in the audience was "awwwwing" and clapping. It was a really cool thing to be a part of. One of those magical moments at WDW.

As soon as that finished, we hoofed it over to LMA. I think it was Owen who really wanted to see this show even though we'd seen it a couple of times already. The Lightning McQueen part was new for us, but sadly, my boys do not like any reference to Cars. They feel it's for little kids, which of course, they most definitely are not. :(

A picture of all of us:

I think it was around 2 when the show finished and we were ready to leave. We got some popcorn on the way out in the cool container.

That's the hat I bought that morning, which I guess I forgot to mention. It was going to be a very sunny day and I didn't want a burnt scalp!

Before we went back to the cabin, we visited with Baxter. Then at the cabin, we saw this:

We relaxed at the cabin for a while and made tacos.

We'd told the younger two that we'd try to head back to MK one evening so they could do more of the Sorcerer card game. Sully didn't want to go along, so we let him stay at the cabin with Chuck's phone in case he needed us.

We headed to the boat.

Continued in next post...

When we arrived at MK, we were happy to see it wasn't super busy. There seemed to be a lull between many people leaving in the afternoon and before the others arrived for the evening.

We did the Main St. Adventure and Fantasyland for the cards. The boys had fun (but I found it very boring).

We did stop for some Photopass pictures:

And we watched Philharmagic. We decided to have some ice cream before heading out.

We made it back to the cabin and went to sleep after a great day.

Up Next -- Day 8 & 9 -- The End

Sorry Sully didn't like ToT. It's funny how big people sometimes don't like big rides, but little people love them. I could only take Everest one time, but I read about eight year olds who ride it 3-4 times in a row! :faint:

The pool looks refreshing. Down times are good. We are learning more and more to appreciate rest time, playground time, coloring time, etc. with the girls.

Happy Birthday to Owen!

I know I used to love thrill rides when I was a kid, but as I've gotten older, my stomach just can't handle them. And I get motion sickness. But I love ToT! I really thought Sully would like it once he gave it a chance.

Thanks! :)

Life update! Well, good and bad news today. The good news was that I got the job! :) I start my training on Monday. The bad news is Chuck didn't get the job. :(

I also decided to start a business (nothing like jumping in with both feet, eh?!) so things are very crazy at the moment. I am now the owner of a pet sitting business!

I will get back soon for an update. Hope everyone is well! :)

Life update! Well, good and bad news today. The good news was that I got the job! :) I start my training on Monday. The bad news is Chuck didn't get the job. :(

I also decided to start a business (nothing like jumping in with both feet, eh?!) so things are very crazy at the moment. I am now the owner of a pet sitting business!

I will get back soon for an update. Hope everyone is well! :)

Go for it Carissa :cheer2: Well done to you and commiserations to Chuck. I will keep my fingers crossed that something turns up for him soon :goodvibes

Relaxing days are always good.
Sounds like a good day at DHS.
Looks like it was also a fun evening at MK.
All caught up again.

Oooooh, Sully missed ice cream!!! :eek:

He probably enjoyed his evening of quiet, though. :goodvibes

Hoping for the perfect job situation for Chuck very soon. :thumbsup2

Did the boys end up liking American Idol? We've never taken the time to check it out, so just wondering.

Mmmmm....ice cream on Main Street. It doesn't get much better than that!

Go for it Carissa :cheer2: Well done to you and commiserations to Chuck. I will keep my fingers crossed that something turns up for him soon :goodvibes

Thanks :) I'm pretty excited. After being home with the boys for 13 years, it's a huge change for me jumping into two new jobs. I'm developing a deeper respect for moms who work out of the home. :thumbsup2

I booked my first client yesterday (I wasn't officially ready to be open, but my business got listed on pet sitters international locater even though it wasn't supposed to) so things are rolling even if I'm not ready. And I start my training with the WIC job on Monday.

Chuck went for an interview at Best Buy yesterday (not sure if you're familiar with them--big electronics store). It's not the type of job he was hoping to get, but it would be something bringing in some money for now. He should hear today whether or not he got it.

Relaxing days are always good.
Sounds like a good day at DHS.
Looks like it was also a fun evening at MK.
All caught up again.

Relaxing days are important to rest too. :thumbsup2

Oooooh, Sully missed ice cream!!! :eek:

He probably enjoyed his evening of quiet, though. :goodvibes

Hoping for the perfect job situation for Chuck very soon. :thumbsup2

He wasn't happy about it, but we told him it was his choice to stay behind.

Did the boys end up liking American Idol? We've never taken the time to check it out, so just wondering.

Mmmmm....ice cream on Main Street. It doesn't get much better than that!

Yes, everyone enjoyed it. You really should check it out! The stage is great. Both times I've had Cam as the host and he's really good. Very funny.

Hope all is going well for you and Chuck :) I've been thinking of you both. I had heard of Best Buy but we don't have them here as yet (prob only a matter of time). Even though it's not the ideal job for Chuck at least it will help pay the bills until something else shows up. You never know , he might find he enjoys it more than he expected (I'll keep my fingers crossed). My mum still lights that candle for you both so good things are bound to be around the corner. Keep you chin up and don't forget to breathe :goodvibes

Hope all is going well for you and Chuck :) I've been thinking of you both. I had heard of Best Buy but we don't have them here as yet (prob only a matter of time). Even though it's not the ideal job for Chuck at least it will help pay the bills until something else shows up. You never know , he might find he enjoys it more than he expected (I'll keep my fingers crossed). My mum still lights that candle for you both so good things are bound to be around the corner. Keep you chin up and don't forget to breathe :goodvibes

Awwww. Thank you. :hug: I've been super busy. I had my first week of training and I met my first client for my business. I have 3 days off now so hopefully I can get to another update. Chuck still hasn't heard from Best Buy so I don't know what's going on.

Hope things are good with you! :goodvibes

Just a word about picture size. I know these things are monstrous. But I am too lazy to resize them at this point. I want to finish my trip report and if I have to resize all the pictures (with all of the issues photobucket gives me), it'll never get done. So my apologies.

Our last day in WDW!

We woke up early because the guide I'd been given at check-in stated Animal Kingdom was opening at 7 a.m. for EMH. So we drove over in the dark. There was no one at the entrance booth. :confused3 So we drove on through! Then we spent some time driving around because I didn't know where to park and there was no one around. I started getting the feeling that we were too early.

Eventually we asked a CM in a truck and he showed us where to park. We headed to the entrance and finally discovered that our guide had been for the previous week (this was Monday) so they weren't opening until 8. They did let us through around 7:45.

These are the new ticket scanner things:

Waiting for them to let us past the ropes:

Our first ride was Dinosaur. Connor and Owen hadn't been on before. Connor is ducking between Chuck and I.

Then Sully and Owen did Primeval Whirl twice. (barf) After that we headed over to Expedition Everest so Sully could try it for the first time. He didn't want to at first, but I encouraged him, even though I didn't want to do it again. I tried to get Chuck to join him, but he declined.

You can see Sully close to the back. He's wearing a tourquoise sweatshirt.

Pretty bird:

Just a word about picture size. I know these things are monstrous. But I am too lazy to resize them at this point. I want to finish my trip report and if I have to resize all the pictures (with all of the issues photobucket gives me), it'll never get done. So my apologies.

Our last day in WDW!

We woke up early because the guide I'd been given at check-in stated Animal Kingdom was opening at 7 a.m. for EMH. So we drove over in the dark. There was no one at the entrance booth. :confused3 So we drove on through! Then we spent some time driving around because I didn't know where to park and there was no one around. I started getting the feeling that we were too early.

Eventually we asked a CM in a truck and he showed us where to park. We headed to the entrance and finally discovered that our guide had been for the previous week (this was Monday) so they weren't opening until 8. They did let us through around 7:45.

These are the new ticket scanner things:

Waiting for them to let us past the ropes:

Our first ride was Dinosaur. Connor and Owen hadn't been on before. Connor is ducking between Chuck and I.

Then Sully and Owen did Primeval Whirl twice. (barf) After that we headed over to Expedition Everest so Sully could try it for the first time. He didn't want to at first, but I encouraged him, even though I didn't want to do it again. I tried to get Chuck to join him, but he declined.

You can see Sully close to the back. He's wearing a tourquoise sweatshirt.

Pretty bird:

We decided to give the safari another go. I was glad there were some changes made to it as we were kinda bored with the old scenario.

continued in next post

After seeing some beautiful animals and scenery, we headed to ITTBAB and then the Boneyard. I guess my boys are getting too big/old for it because after just a few minutes they were ready to go.

The one thing I had yet to do at AK was Flights of Wonder. So we had that number one on our list. We were a bit early and Chuck got to participate in a little show beforehand.

We ended up with front row seats.

We all enjoyed the show. At one point, a bird from the back flies towards the stage and they warn you that they swoop really low. Well, the bird swooped so low, he touched my camera. LOL

That is all the pictures I have from our time at AK. After FOW, we headed to Flametree BBQ for some lunch. It was just okay. With our tummies full, we did our last ride of the day, Kali River Rapids. Chuck and Connor hadnt done it before. We were with another family and chatted with them during the ride. It was kind of less exciting than in previous trips. I think Owen got the most wet.

Oops! I do have some photopass pictures:

We left pretty early and had a short visit with Baxter. Connor wasnt feeling well. We went back to the cabin and rested as well as started to pack up. My notes stop here so Ill have to remember what we did based on pictures. I know we originally were going to eat our last meal at Kouzzina, but decided to cancel. We ended up having dinner at Planet Hollywood in DTD. Id been to the Planet Hollywood in NYC, but that was small compared to this place! Wow!

I was sucker for the group shot they took as we went in.

The service was very good. The food was mediocre. The atmosphere is very cool.

We went back to the cabin and I made a trip to the Meadows Trading Post for some snacks for the trip back home.

Day 9

Because we couldnt pick Baxter up until 7 a.m., that was the earliest wed be able to get on the road. But we were the first ones there so as soon as they opened, we got our puppy and headed home. He was exhausted. He slept for almost the entire trip (and was tired for a day or two after we got home). I dont think he slept well while there. So many dogs around to excite him.

Oh here is the report they gave us:

I dont remember any details of the drive back except it was long. I think we got home around 7-ish.

So there you have it! Probably our last family trip for a long time. I am going back in January for two races and will be staying with a friend at Old Key West. Im very excited for that!

Sounds like a nice end to your trip. I like Baxters little report card.

I hope you enjoy OKW. We are staying there in July for the first time- excited!

Did the boys enjoy the vacation? What was everyone's favorite?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter