Running out of Elf on the Shelf ideas!

A couple favorites that haven't been mentioned yet:

He slam dunked himself in my son's doorway basketball hoop

Our elf printed up pictures of himself and replaced our framed family photos.

And...if anyone has Phineas and Ferb fans in their house Elfkerbot was giving a monkey a shower one night. My daughter told everyone in a 5 mile radius because she thought it was so funny.

We put our elf in front of the computer and pulled up a pic of santa on the screen. The kids thought he was missing home. Last night i made a fort with couch pillows and hid him inside.

A couple I haven't seen posted..our elf was caught one morning on the table with spilled cereal and milk and a half-eaten bowl full.

-Caught in the bathroom brushing his teeth with a q-tip, floss & toothpaste all in a mess on the counter, toothpaste in the sink!

Wal-Mart has a "Make Your Own Snow" kit in the craft section for $3.. I haven't made it up yet, but prob soon. Alabaster will make a little and leave the rest for dd to make.

I also bought some of the little debbie Christmas Tree cakes for him to get into one night!

Hope these help someone out.

I've done several of these ideas, but we also had "Buddy" open up our game cabinet, get out our Trouble game and he played it with another stuffed animal.

I love the undies on the tree idea....will definitely use that one!

We love this tradition.

I just took a silver makeup pencil and wrote MERRY CHRISTMAS From FRANKIE and drew a tree and a gift... I am going to put green food coloring in the pot as well as a few mini marshmellows... :)

when your elfs do all these trickster things, how to you handle the you cannot touch him part. I ususually put "Alvin" up high to avoid an accidental touching. My DS 6 is so afraid he will accidently touch him, when Alvin brought a copy of Santa Buddies he would not let me get it out of Alvins arms for fear I would accidently touch him and he would be wisked back to the North Pole. We had to wait til the next evening when luckly Alvin moved and left the movie behind.

I have never heard of this before. Sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to get our own little Elf!

Me too! My mom works at B&N... I had her pick up an elf for us today. It will show up here on Tuesday morning. I love all the great ideas!

Some things we've done this year with "Peppermint Joy"

She used a little pot from the toy kitchen set and it was her Potty - we put green and red jellybeans in it as "Elf Poop".

She had a beauty makeover with other dolls and left makeup all over.

We found Kooky pens (at Office Depot) that were of an Elf and Peppermint and gave them to the girls one morning.

We had her play checkers with a Santa stuffed toy and she used Christmas colored Peppermint Patties as the playing pieces.

At Books a Million they have those Japanese miniature erasers - we found a set that was a miniature toothbrush,toothpaste, etc - PJ was found near the sink with them.

At the dollar section in Target we found a Gingerbread pop-up tent (supposed to be used for pets) and Pj had a campout with other animals and gave a Gingerbread book. You could just do a smore night too.

We bought the Christmas Cap'n Crunch cereal and left PJ eating out of it.

We made a trail of candy canes that lead to a book of the legend of the candy cane.

She's taken bubble baths but used kisses and candy as her "soap"

She's been in the freezer...bought advent calanders, their ornament for the year, etc.

She's left money and a note that the money was to be used to put in the Salvation Army bucket.

She's been found kneeling down at the manger and left a Christmas story book (some of these ideas are from years past too).

Made a christmas tree by using stacked cans.

Walgreens has in the Christmas candy section (saw these at target as well)---elf shaped container that holds kisses.

And of course, last night she leaves Pj's from "PJ"

when your elfs do all these trickster things, how to you handle the you cannot touch him part. I ususually put "Alvin" up high to avoid an accidental touching. My DS 6 is so afraid he will accidently touch him, when Alvin brought a copy of Santa Buddies he would not let me get it out of Alvins arms for fear I would accidently touch him and he would be wisked back to the North Pole. We had to wait til the next evening when luckly Alvin moved and left the movie behind.

Oh man my DD Plays with our elf... he is like her best buddy... its awesoome!!! so no worries here

I make it a point Not to have Elfie actually touching anything like that my kids would be the same way!! so if Elfie brings things its usually just next to him or something!!!

Mine has hid in the freezer, bought a little Santa cake & was sitting on it when they got home from grandmas, make hot chocolate, snowball, was playing wii with 3 stuffed friends and left the super mario game. I'm running out of ideas too.

we don't have one, but i sure am enjoying all mischief these little elves get themselves into...:santa:

Well, mine made a parade of toys into my kids' rooms, and ended with Buzz Lightyear reading Prep and Landing.

They've tp'ed (toilet papered) the living room.

They've made a genuine elf breakfast -- spaghetti noodles with syrup and pixie stix -- and my kids ate it and LOVED it!

They've put all the stuffed animals in our house into a pyramid -- and hid in the bottom.

They've slid down the stairs in boxes.

They written notes on the bathroom mirrors in lipstick

Those are Lanny, Magee, and Waynes antics just this week...:banana:

Oh man my DD Plays with our elf... he is like her best buddy... its awesoome!!! so no worries here

Same here...I wrote my own letter and didnt put in anything about to touching the elf. They love their elves and they do get handled. No harm done...
I dont really get why they shouldnt touch them anyhow....

Ours recently ripped open a box of cookies, and ate a few, crumbs all over. They even had crumbs on their faces. They ripped right into the middle of the box, not the top where you would normally open...lol!

We have a bunch of elves. DD wrote a letter to one of them asking him if he could bring her letter to Santa to him. They all left to go to the North Pole, and disappeared for two days. Yesterday they reappeared on a sled in the family room each behind each other with lots of fake snow on them. DD really liked that and was so excited to find them. Of course her letter to Santa was gone.
All of you are so creative!:)

This is our first year and we've had so much fun!!!

Our Elfie has
*toilet papered our living room,
*stacked all of the couch/chair cushions in a huge tower on the couch,
*strewn around all of our dvds/wii games in the cases,
*put all of our kitchen chairs/barstools on top of the table/counter,
*made a trail from DD's bedroom to the living room with every pair of her underwear,
*stacked up all of DD's favorite board games in the middle of the room,
*covered the entire living room floor with legos
*got out all of the boxes of Mac n Cheese (DD's favorite)

And if she was/is bad, Elfie didn't do anything fun, bu instead brought a letter from Santa telling her to be good because she was getting close to the naughty list! :thumbsup2

We're having a BLAST with Elfie!! Thanks for all of the other ideas too, we can't wait to use them all!!!

Love our Elf!!!! Its tough to come up with ideas everyday though... AHHHH

Today Frankie decorated the Tree with her undies (I repeated this from last year and my DD said "MOM Frankie did this last year too")

Brought and Advent Calendar
Brought her new markers and drew her a note/picture
Caught Riding "vixen" a new stuffed rheindeer
Took a Bath in Cotton Balls in the Bathroom Sink
Decorated the outside of our house for Christmas

I have some other ideas too - but making it till the 23rd will be tough

I love doing it - but wow its a lot of work

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter