1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Run-Walk versus Slow-n-steady

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by Cruz91, Oct 16, 2012.

1. lerxst

lerxst Marathoner

I am same. Times are nearly identical for straight run vs 3/1 run/walk ratio....over the long run. I think its just a matter of a faster last half with run/walk that makes up for slower last half when running straight (I start to slow down).

I am able to keep at about 12mm with either.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. joan4mickey

joan4mickey DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info paxsarah
    I have a nike sports watch that I can put in intervals, just can't hear the beep, so the gymboss vibrates and would be nice, but I am a minimalist and can't carry another thing. I will bookmark the time calculator.

4. Rupert B Puppenstein

Rupert B Puppenstein DIS Veteran

I have the Nike+ GPS and the Gymboss. I just clip the Gymboss on my shirt or hold it in my hand when I run. People always think it is a pager. Do those even exist still? I don't listen to music when I run, and most apps tend to drain the phone battery more than I am comfortable with, so I dropped those options a long time ago. The vibration makes a bit more sense to me due to the sea of beeps you hear at the Disney races especially.

5. indygirl99

indygirl99 Choose Happiness

I have the Nike+ GPS watch and gymboss also and really like both of them. I am a slow run/walker and find these two together help me alot.

I had my gymboss on beep and ended up getting confused in one race with all the other beeps. Now I set it to vibrate. Was using the 2 second vibrate but think my next few runs I will try the 5 second vibrate and use that 5 seconds to slowly speed up or slow down.

I clip the gymboss on my waistband so that vibrate is felt. :goodvibes