Run Now! It’s Wine 0’Clock in WDW…Cupcakes Gone W&D16

Its a toss up between the Banana Cabana and the Mango Margarita for me!
Sighing at the pool! Ok so will I be committing the big Disney faux pas if I come hang out seeing as POPs pool ain't as cool as this?

Pretty sure that you can't get into Stormalong without staying there. When I stayed there 2 years ago they had a person stationed at the entrance that scanned your band before letting you into the pool. So any peeps not at YC/BC will not be hanging at Stormalong. I can't remember if Hurricane Hanna's was inside Stormalong Bay (and therefore not accessible to non-BC/YC guests). I don't think it was...

Since I KNOW we will get our BC club choice & therefore spend lots of quality time at Hurricane Hannah's...I would be drinking a Banana Cabana, Category 5, maybe a Sunken Treasure

That pool :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

So many places to dine...so little time. With F&W not sure how we will make it to DS (so weird not to call it DTD)! This might have to go on our marathon trip list!

Not a fun of Art Smith...but Rick Bayless! :love:

Not sure why I have not been to Le Cellier...probably because I like hanging out at Rose & Crown in the evening for dinner so we have a spot for Illuminations! I love my steak, but a good portion of Fish & Chips with Malt Vinegar is hard to beat!

I know, I know...I want to spend lots of time at F&W too...we definitely need to put this one on our Marathon trip. Would you believe I have never eaten at Rose & Crown??

Pretty sure that you can't get into Stormalong without staying there. When I stayed there 2 years ago they had a person stationed at the entrance that scanned your band before letting you into the pool. So any peeps not at YC/BC will not be hanging at Stormalong. I can't remember if Hurricane Hanna's was inside Stormalong Bay (and therefore not accessible to non-BC/YC guests). I don't think it was...

You are correct. No entry to Stormalong Bay without staying at BC or YC.

That's only fair! I totally get it and totally understand!!
Debra, yes please to banana cabana!!

You can get to Hurricane Hannahs without staying at YC/BC!

I'm going for the Moscato Colada there :)

Sunday Stats: Tammie
November 8-14

I am officially not in training for any race at the moment. I have basically decided to keep the mileage up by WALKINGing, complete a couple of virtual half marathons to reach my goal of 12 for 2015 and then pick up the RUN training in early Spring. But in order to keep myself accountable, Sunday is a great day to update and put it out there...the good, the bad, the disappointing.

Okay, so I know it is technically not Sunday, but I just did not get on DIS yesterday to update and of course I am not ready for Memory Monday either. But I promise to get my act together soon! On a brighter side, a virtual mileage challenged that I completed back in July...well the medal finally arrived! The Road to Hogwarts was a virtual distance challenge where you logged in your mileage and had to complete 52 miles in a certain time period. The mileage you completed was from Aberdeen to Dufftown, Scotland (the actual location of Hogwarts, according to sources). I loved this event because each time you logged in your miles it gave you a google live picture of where you were at on the route...it was cool seeing different locations in Scotland in real time!

IMG_3630.JPG

2015 miles in 2015 Update

2015-medal.png

Personal Weekly Mileage: 31 miles (all walking)

Personal YTD Mileage: 804 miles…yay I reached the next mileage marker! Only 196 more miles to meet my goal of 1,000 miles! Ugh I have to continue stepping it up and not missing days…now I am really regretting those times when I got in my funk over the last year and just did not get out there.

IMG_3617.JPG

YTD Team Run DMC Mileage (Run for Disney, Moscato & Cupcakes-Kafi, Tammie, Buffy & Amy H): 1552.74 miles, not sure if my team is going to make it to 2015 by December 31. I remain hopeful though! We can do it!

Half Marathons

half.jpeg

YTD Half Marathons: 10 COMPLETED
  • Biggest Loser Las Cruces (January)
  • Disney Princess Half (February)
  • Rock & Roll Dallas (March)
  • Amarillo Half (April)
  • High Mountain Half (May)
  • Estes Park Half (June)
  • Angel Fire Half (July)
  • Eagle Nest State Park Half (July)
  • Hottest Half (August)
  • Plano Balloon Half (September)

A little disappointed in myself! I planned to complete #11 as a virtual this past weekend but it was a doomed plan. I woke late, arrived at the location to find a trail bike “marathon” about the start, drove to another place and the wind picked up, had to go to the bathroom (but none around), so I forced myself to complete 6 miles and just added it to my mileage. Maybe over Thanksgiving I will try again

Weight

scale.jpg

I am adding this to the mix as I really need to get this under control, so I am hoping that by posting I will give myself some kind of accountability! I say that all the time! But who knows, this might be the time I finally succeed!

Since I KNOW we will get our BC club choice & therefore spend lots of quality time at Hurricane Hannah's...I would be drinking a Banana Cabana, Category 5, maybe a Sunken Treasure

That pool :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

:banana:BANANA???? :sick::sick::sick: The only time I like a banana is pre or post race...other than that :scared::scared::scared:

I know, I know...I want to spend lots of time at F&W too...we definitely need to put this one on our Marathon trip. Would you believe I have never eaten at Rose & Crown??

I am not so sure that the only real reason we eat there is for the view of Illuminations without having to stake out a place hours in advance. I do enjoy the food...but you can get Fish & Chips next door at QS...Yorkshire House. I like R&C, always have great service and the food is good.

That's only fair! I totally get it and totally understand!!
Debra, yes please to banana cabana!!

We will figure out the pool thing...as for the banana...leaving that to you and Debra!

You can get to Hurricane Hannahs without staying at YC/BC!

I'm going for the Moscato Colada there :)

Hey drinking pool side drinks...that will work! :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Great job on your mileage for the year! Super proud of you!! :yay:

I shutter to think how pathetic my mileage is for the year. I need to figure out my plans for next year. I am looking at a half at the end of Feb (Cowtown) & then SW Dark Side & OKC halves in April, El Scorcho again (what can I say, I like that race), W&D & Rt 66 marathon & beyond that, I don't know what my plans are. I need to do some soul searching to get my mind wrapped around it all & really get some goals in place over the next few weeks.

Hi Tammie! I hope to make it to WnD in 2016 with you cupcakes! I'm not sure if I'll be able to escape away from here by myself or if DH will want to tag along. If he doesn't I'll be looking for a roomie ;) Just throwing that out there!

Great job on your mileage for the year! Super proud of you!! :yay:

I shutter to think how pathetic my mileage is for the year. I need to figure out my plans for next year. I am looking at a half at the end of Feb (Cowtown) & then SW Dark Side & OKC halves in April, El Scorcho again (what can I say, I like that race), W&D & Rt 66 marathon & beyond that, I don't know what my plans are. I need to do some soul searching to get my mind wrapped around it all & really get some goals in place over the next few weeks.

Thank you friend...I think I am about to kill myself trying to basically get 300 miles in 2 months! I know it is going to be close!

El Scorcho is on my list...I really do not have a lot of races on my list for next year! :( Not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

I really have not thought too much on 2016 goals, other than mileage.

Hi Tammie! I hope to make it to WnD in 2016 with you cupcakes! I'm not sure if I'll be able to escape away from here by myself or if DH will want to tag along. If he doesn't I'll be looking for a roomie ;) Just throwing that out there!

ROSIE!!!! So glad to see you back. I am sure we can find you a roomie. Make sure you write a bio so we can introduce you!

Whet Your Appetite Wednesday:
Favorite WDW Breakfast (Part 1)-Boma (or Tusker House)

1.jpg

Trying to find ways to pass the next 357 days, so Wednesday is going to be officially called “Whet Your Appetite Wednesday” because “Cupcakes” like eating and most of this trip will be focused around Wine & Dine. Since the menus are not up for next year until the midSpring, I figured we could pass the time away with some of our favorite dining experiences or foods from around WDW!

Normally, I am not a breakfast type of girl but on vacation it is a totally different…I LOVE BREAKFAST. My normal touring plans is to be up early for EMH and then as the park opens for everyone head off for a great meal that will last well until late afternoon. WDW has some great places and great menu items…so much so that I am going to have to go with Breakfast for a couple of weeks since I can’t pick just one place or one item.

Pap, Praline Bread Pudding & Jambo Juice

2.JPG

I love a little African flair to breakfast and Boma certainly does not disappoint. Several days on my last trip I was able to experience the native drum sounds opening the restaurant for service.

2a.jpg 4.JPG 6.JPG

My favorite foods there include Pap (creamy corn meal…an ethnic version of a staple of mine growing up-Cream of Wheat), Pecan Praline Bread Budding (my #1 comfort food because my grandmother used to make it for me as a child growing up) and Jambo Juice (or Jungle Juice).

All of these items can also be found at Tusker House, which is another favorite place for breakfast. This breakfast is certainly on my short list for wanted ADRs for this trip!

Share your favorite breakfast place & foods…remember we are going to be on breakfast for a couple of weeks so I am not making you just pick one!

Whet Your Appetite Wednesday (Debra's take)
One of my faves for breakfast is the Tonga Toast found at Kona. Sooo delightfully delicious, yet rich at the same time. I don't typically use the strawberry compote & I always order this with ham. My husband's choice however is the macadamia-pineapple pancakes, which I must admit are good, I can never order anything else but the Tonga Toast.

Tonga Toast - banana stuffed sourdough French toast rolled in cinnamon sugar & served with a strawberry compote & your choice of ham, bacon, or sausage.

059.jpg

Whet Your Appetite Wednesday:
Favorite WDW Breakfast (Part 1)-Boma (or Tusker House)

All of these items can also be found at Tusker House, which is another favorite place for breakfast. This breakfast is certainly on my short list for wanted ADRs for this trip!

I am good with either...Boma or Tusker for one of our ADR's ::yes::

Whet Your Appetite Wednesday

I'm not a huge breakfast eater. My favorite is Starbucks! I'm good with an iced coffee beverage to just go!

1I0d95H.jpg

Iced Caramel Macchiato

Boma & Kona are nice breakfast spots! We haven't done Kona in a few trips but we did do Boma during our long October trip on the last full day! It was very enjoyable :)

Hi and welcome!! Glad you jumped in and please follow along! These ladies are so nice and kind. I am so anxious 11 months ouT to meet them face to face!!

I am in serious running limbo. I don't know I trained at a necessary pace to try and get through wine and dine. When that crazy snafu of weather came and we only ran 1/2 the course. Of course I ate like I ran a 1/2 though.
Enough whining but I do need to schedule some races even if they are 5k and 10k. I think I kind of flounder if I don't have something to look forward to or if I don't have a deadline!
Ok so you ladies talk about restaurants and ADR's. I have visions of Karamel Kuche dancing in my head. Illuminations on the horizon and popcorn in hand:drinking:( can't find the popcorn eating emoticon so the drinking one will have to do)

So you totally ruined my next post...LOL! I know we have to put Kona on our short list...must have Tonga Toast and maybe they will have red velvet pancakes again just for Kafi! Every trip I have taken to WDW I go to Kona! Funny, I HATE BANANAS (other than forcing one down my throat pre and post races...but then again it is with peanut butter)....there is just something about Tonga Toast that is so comforting!

I'm not a huge breakfast eater. My favorite is Starbucks! I'm good with an iced coffee beverage to just go!

1I0d95H.jpg

Iced Caramel Macchiato

Most days it is just a Bullet Proof Chai Tea latte for me from home! But while on vacation I LOVE BREAKFAST!

Hi and welcome!! Glad you jumped in and please follow along! These ladies are so nice and kind. I am so anxious 11 months ouT to meet them face to face!!

I am in serious running limbo. I don't know I trained at a necessary pace to try and get through wine and dine. When that crazy snafu of weather came and we only ran 1/2 the course. Of course I ate like I ran a 1/2 though.
Enough whining but I do need to schedule some races even if they are 5k and 10k. I think I kind of flounder if I don't have something to look forward to or if I don't have a deadline!
Ok so you ladies talk about restaurants and ADR's. I have visions of Karamel Kuche dancing in my head. Illuminations on the horizon and popcorn in hand:drinking:( can't find the popcorn eating emoticon so the drinking one will have to do)

HAND THAT POPCORN OVER TO ME! That warm caramel popcorn is so YUMMY!

1I0d95H.jpg

Iced Caramel Macchiato
Yes, please!! Melissa this is my only drink from Starbucks. I am a pretty easygoing person and take most things in stride however some times I find barista can make this drink really really good or really really awful. I have to on numerous time ask for my drink to be remade. How are the Starbucks on property?I didn't get the chance to try the new on at Disney Springs but the one near the World of Disney store was pretty good.

Tammie and Debra BoTh of those breakfast looks so yummy. I have heard so many great things about Boma breakfast buffet.

So you totally ruined my next post...LOL! I know we have to put Kona on our short list...must have Tonga Toast and maybe they will have red velvet pancakes again just for Kafi! Every trip I have taken to WDW I go to Kona! Funny, I HATE BANANAS (other than forcing one down my throat pre and post races...but then again it is with peanut butter)....there is just something about Tonga Toast that is so comforting!

It is funny you don't like bananas, but like Tonga Toast. Sorry I ruined your next post...I should have waited on Kona since I assumed you were going to do that one too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter