Run Disney for DVC members

I have run the WDW Marathon in 2009, Princess Half Marathon in 2009 and 2010, and the Disneyland Half Marathon in 2009 and 2010! I love Disney running events. They are well run with plenty of entertainment all over the course!

My next race is the Princess Half Marathon in 2011! I will be watching a friend do the Goofy Challenge again this coming year... good thing I wasn't doing it last year... It was about 19 degrees (not exaggerating!).

Thank you for the dates....I just started running Oct 09 and look forward to running in and around Disney....5 ks for now hope to join me best friend on a half marathon relay by the end of 2011

Crazy question coming....can you "walk" in any of the Marathon's, or all they all "running"? :rotfl:Do you have to pay to participate? What exactly happens at the finish (I know I won't be coming in first!)

I "walked" the Wine&Dine Half!! Averaged abt a little over 13 min miles! Had to jog some to weave around people.....it was awesome....ok..mile 10 I was like, What am I doing?! lol
My goal was to finish, as this was my first Half...and to finish under 3 hours...I did both.
As far as the finish line....they announced your name...(someone told me that..I am not sure)...you receive your medal...goody bag...photo ops....
There is a registration fee as well.....Rivers'Rats posted the website in their first post I think ...www.runDisney.com

athenna!!!!

When is your next half?? Its addicting...who knew?!:yay:

My next half isn't on WDW property, but it is in Orlando! Its' the OUC Half Marathon, here's the link:
http://www.fcsports.com/Home/OUCHalfMarathonand5K.aspx
It'll be a blast, we'll be @ SSR for 8 days..My fiance and I and 3 other couples. Plans for race day, after the race is over:we are having lunch off site, later on in the evening we're going to grill @ the Treehouse where 2 of the other couples are staying. Really looking forward to this!

Crazy question coming....can you "walk" in any of the Marathon's, or all they all "running"? :rotfl:Do you have to pay to participate? What exactly happens at the finish (I know I won't be coming in first!)

You can totally walk the races. I walked the entire Princess Half. And a friend of mine walked the entire Princess in '09.
Oh, you totally have to pay:rotfl: like anything else in WDW, it's pricey, which reminds me, if you register after 11/1/10 the price goes up $10 more.
@ the finish, you get your medal, get your pic taken, etc.
My only goals where 1) finish 2)don't finish last 3) dont get hurt
I accomplished all 3 luckily.

I have run the WDW Marathon in 2009, Princess Half Marathon in 2009 and 2010, and the Disneyland Half Marathon in 2009 and 2010! I love Disney running events. They are well run with plenty of entertainment all over the course!

My next race is the Princess Half Marathon in 2011! I will be watching a friend do the Goofy Challenge again this coming year... good thing I wasn't doing it last year... It was about 19 degrees (not exaggerating!).

While we were at FW this past Jan. for Marathon Weekend our thermometer was around 35* for the 5K on Fri., and around 32* Sat. and Sun.

We will be back at FW in Jan. when DW and I will be in the 5K, 1/2M and I will also be in the Full Marathon. Heard that doing all 3 makes me Dopey. Stayed at OKW for the W&D. Pretty sure the problems we encountered this year will be solved for next year.

Let me add the Trek Women's Triathlon labor day weekend 2011 to the list of events. This is so inspiring! Go Team DVC!!

I replied...That is an awesome logo, I totally love it!:thumbsup2

Now onto the bad news, I am injured:headache: might be bad enough for me to drop out of December's race...I know I still have 5 weeks, but my leg has been sore for 3 weeks already, and not healed yet..It's pain in my right calf, and the side of the calf but not quite the shin, make sense? I really can't go get it looked at because I have awful health insurance and it would cost me hundreds that I just don't have right now. I've been told to use a foam roller, honestly I've only tried it once, I'll try it a few more times, see if it makes a difference, but I don't know..I'm just bummed, I've come so far!

Is anyone else interested in the Trek Tri? I've not done it, but hear its a great race, nice and flat. I did the IronGirl in Columbia, Maryland this past summer which is a very hilly course! Looking forward to the flat ground of FL.

DF and I ran the W&D half marathon earlier this month. It was the hardest race either of us have ever run, and we both felt really sick by the end. I know others who had the same experience too. Maybe due to the late start and bodies not being ready for that? Anyway, we're coming back for the F&W festival next year, but we're just going to run the 5K instead. More time for eating and drinking!

How's everyone's training coming along? Our whole family has been sick, so I took off a day and pushed my long run to yesterday instead of Sat. Still not feeling great but got 8m in yesterday. I'll taper a bit for my run this weekend to help speed my recovery in hopes that I'm not hacking during the entire run. Dh and I are doing the Run for Hot Chocolate this weekend in Chicago. I'll be doing the 15k and he's doing the 5k. Supposed to be a high of 42 that day. :scared1: That hot chocolate better be hot by the time I get to the finish line.
Hope everyone is having good runs.

Well, I'm injured and most likely will have to drop out of the OUC Half, I'm so upset about it.
My calf has been giving me a lot of trouble. And it's been this way for a few weeks. The race is in less than 5 weeks, if I can't train, I sure can't do the race:sad1: The usual, rest & ice isn't doing the trick for me.

How's everyone's training coming along? Our whole family has been sick, so I took off a day and pushed my long run to yesterday instead of Sat. Still not feeling great but got 8m in yesterday. I'll taper a bit for my run this weekend to help speed my recovery in hopes that I'm not hacking during the entire run. Dh and I are doing the Run for Hot Chocolate this weekend in Chicago. I'll be doing the 15k and he's doing the 5k. Supposed to be a high of 42 that day. :scared1: That hot chocolate better be hot by the time I get to the finish line.

DW and I got out yesterday at 1:20AM. We completed 13.1 miles for DW's training and I continued on until I got in 28 miles. We're both doing OK today with only a little soreness in our 60yo bodies.

Space Coast in less than 4 weeks and then Disney.:banana:

Hubby and I just did our first Disney event and did the Wine & Dine half. It was our first half marathon and we had a ton of fun!!

We are planning on the Princess and the DL half so we can get the coast to coast medal. I've slacked in my training and starting on week 5 of the C25K again, then doing a 6 week 10K program and building from there...

DH and I did 8 miles again this weekend. He struggled with it but did better on a 5 mile run/walk today. It was either the route--this weekend was on gravel roads with hills while today was asphalt and very few hills--or just the thought of a "long" run is psyching him out. :confused3 Going to get cold in Missouri later this week--highs in the 40s F and lows in the 20s F. Might be joining a nearby Y so we can run on their indoor track although I want to keep us somewhat acclimated to cold temps. I'm a hot weather runner at heart--loved the temps at the Wine and Dine Half!!!!!! :love:

Athenna-Sorry to hear you are still injured. Hope you can figure out what it is and get better soon. :flower3:

I have run a few Disney events and will be back at Disney this January to run the Goofy. My advise is in the form of two photos:

Get in your long runs (even when it is cold)

runnercold.jpg

And you will wind up collecting these (it can be addictive)

medals1.jpg

Good luck to all the Disney runners,

Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter