Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

They sure are! Just about every day in October was switched to an 8 am open at MK last week!

Wow! I've never gone during a real "peek" week or holiday - more like moderate/high - is that the norm? So, does then any morning extra magic start at 7am?

For anyone that's ever done rope drop on a holiday week, is it still fairly "quiet" that first hour or so?

I'm sorry I've been away for so very long. We were in Orlando for almost a month and after a few day of getting adjusted to just being home our well pump gave out. Then school started back for my boys. Any way I hope to be around a bit more often. I'm pulling for all of you with up coming trips and hope the rumors of Rumors turns out to be true. Our TH dinner bill had ROL stamped on it:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:at least we liked the JB show.
Glad your back with us! Sorry about your well. What a way to get put back into reality!!

Skipper's Canteen not only is taking discounts BUT they finally got mugs again. They look completely different but I kinda like them better since they seem more appropriate to skippers .....

WDW News Today‏@WDWNT
The new Skipper Canteen souvenir cup has finally arrived

CtDQADoWgAAXZHj.jpg

CtDQADpWIAA5x7_.jpg

I watched the Blackish episode too - sign me up for a VIP tour! They certainly made good use of their park hoppers - they were like *magical* park hoppers! pixiedust:

Okay, first off topic question... are park hours/extra magic parks still changing fairly late in the game like they were last spring?

Going with my sister who hasn't been in like 17 years - she's practically a born again newbie! The one thing she really wants to do is rope drop or a PPO breakfast at MK. It's not about the rides so much, it's more about the atmosphere for her! It's going to be a crowded week for sure. Rope drop will be fairly easy for us - no kids and we're both early birds. But I'm wondering if I should even bother to try and get a PPO breakfast - last time they just switched the days really close to our trip and I'm thinking that would probably happen again. Thoughts? Insights?
I would ask her which she would prefer after you give the pros and cons of each. If she is satisfied with rope drop then that is less stress than relying on Disney not to change their hours on you

Yes, if that's not booking up in advance, it would be a good way to move those open spots. But Tusker House? I really doubt it.
I'm a little behind but when they released the packages for JB there really wasn't much availability at TH bc of already booked ADRs. But several people canceled their ADR and immediately rebooked as a package. I didn't want to risk that so when I checked in at TH, I asked and they converted ours to the package there.

...when I checked in at TH, I asked and they converted ours to the package there.
I remember hearing that a couple of people did this. They won't convert it in advance, but at the restaurant itself when checking in they might.

I wouldn't personally count on this being done, since I'm not aware of this being any kind of official policy -- is that right? But certainly nothing to lose to try it if you're already in that position, right?? :)

I remember hearing that a couple of people did this. They won't convert it in advance, but at the restaurant itself when checking in they might.

I wouldn't personally count on this being done, since I'm not aware of this being any kind of official policy -- is that right? But certainly nothing to lose to try it if you're already in that position, right?? :)
Yeh it was basically a last resort for us but I knew there shouldn't be a lot of packages booked that day so I figured we had a shot. The canceling and rebooking might be a better option if the major reason for the booking is the package but it wasn't necessarily for us so that's why I didn't risk it. But out of all the people that I read about doing it (canceling and rebooking), I saw none where it DIDNT work.

I'm a little behind but when they released the packages for JB there really wasn't much availability at TH bc of already booked ADRs. But several people canceled their ADR and immediately rebooked as a package. I didn't want to risk that so when I checked in at TH, I asked and they converted ours to the package there.

So with that: with a lot of the dinner packages, you can covert a regular ADR to the package ADR at the restaurant as long as there is availability. With the Fantasmic! package for instance, you can almost always get to the restaurant with a regular ADR and add on the show package because the theatre is huge. I'm guessing with the JB show that there was plenty of availability because the show sucked. But RoL is going to be crazy popular and the theatre is really not that big, so I'm guessing converting ADRs at the restaurant will be harder, if not impossible.

So with that: with a lot of the dinner packages, you can covert a regular ADR to the package ADR at the restaurant as long as there is availability. With the Fantasmic! package for instance, you can almost always get to the restaurant with a regular ADR and add on the show package because the theatre is huge. I'm guessing with the JB show that there was plenty of availability because the show sucked. But RoL is going to be crazy popular and the theatre is really not that big, so I'm guessing converting ADRs at the restaurant will be harder, if not impossible.
Not to say the show didn't suck...lol... but I really think I was able to convert bc by the time JB packages came about, my date was already booked up with regular ADRs, so no one was able to book the package meaning there were tons of "package" space available. That very thing could occur for ROL if the restaurant is already booked with regular ADRs, therefore limiting package bookings even though packages are available.

weird that the entire Dis website is still down....at least on my desktop - MDE still seems to work on my phone, but nothing new for hours for our trip date.

Hello Loungers!

Was chatting with a friend about our upcoming April trip, and he's going in January. (He really enjoyed the live musicians and dancers at JB.) He asked about Rivers of Light, and I almost laughed, but it seems that it's actually going to happen in October… or rather as the blogs might say… soon. :bored:

I'll need to find my button to celebrate with some hootenanny for opening week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter