RUMOR: Overhaul coming to Downtown Disney

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by andyman8, Feb 16, 2013.

1. dcibrando

dcibrando DIS Veteran

The Saratoga Springs bus (from the parks to SSR - or really to DTD) is insane at night. I have complained so many times having to wait for additional busses or having to stand with an infant while all the DTD travelers take up the SSR busses because Disney doesn't run a DTD bus from the parks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jason71

Jason71 Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Or walk to Saratoga Springs. There's a reason the Marketplace lot is largely full by 9:59 a.m. even though most DTD stores don't open until 10:00.

4. Shmily1

Shmily1 DIS Veteran

Because there are those that stay off property, park their cars at DTD, then ride the buses to the parks to avoid paying the $14 parking fee. This takes up parking spaces for those that are there to actually enjoy DTD but spend time circling the parking lots to find a spot to park.

5. beer dave

beer dave Master of the obvious

Of course any pass with any kind of a park hopper option has the right to use the bussing system-- it would be hard to park hop without it.

The point is that they don't necessarily have the right to park in parking lots that are not designated as "park" parking lots for the day and jump the bus to whichever park they want to go to. I would love to see the above system (paid parking at DTD after certain time alotments) inplememted for the new parking garage if it happens.

6. mamaprincess

mamaprincess DIS Veteran DVC Gold

That would be perfect especially since they already have it benchmarked.

7. Chuck S

Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

My comments were in response to suggestions that resort ID or encoded wristbands be required to board a resort bus. I was pointing out park hoppers and APs that they pay into the transportation system, and if those payments are reduced or eliminated based upon restricting access to the entire system, then the shortfall would be made up through a dues increase for DVC resort owners and an increase in room rates for the cash resorts. The costs associated with running the bus system to the resorts on a 20 to 30 minute schedule all day are fixed. The buses will run, empty or full and the resorts will be charged.

The best solution is not restricting bus access, but charging for parking at DtD. But there would still be those that walk to SSR from the DtD resort hotels because the Disney resort transportation is better.

8. lthiesfeld07

lthiesfeld07 Mouseketeer

I would like this much needed change!

As for me, I did enjoy the "key card" access to Pleasure Island. Maybe that is something they will reconsider?

9. beer dave

beer dave Master of the obvious

I wasn't suggesting restricting bus access-- I was suggesting restricting parking access.

Apparently we are in agreement.