ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
We find that about 2 hours is perfect. We don't always go through the gate right away, depending on the line. We grab something to eat, look in the shops, etc. But just in case the security line is long (and we've seen it crazy long at MCO), we make sure were are there 2 hours beforehand.

Sorry if this is a stupid questions but I am struggling to find the info scrolling on my phone!!

Can anyone tell me the cheapest place/s to book this hotel? Is there any discounts international visitors can take advantage of?

TIA

This will be our first time staying or even going to Universal. So I have a question... Are there shuttles anywhere, to wet n wild?! Or the outlet mall?!

This will be our first time staying or even going to Universal. So I have a question... Are there shuttles anywhere, to wet n wild?! Or the outlet mall?!

There is a free shuttle to wet n wild and Seaworld. You'd have to take a taxi to the mall.

Do the regular rooms have fridges?

no but they have the locked mini bars.

mini bars only keeps the items inside cool, not cold.

if you want to buy one of the candy bars in the mini bar, the chocolate will not be melted on it.

We find that about 2 hours is perfect. We don't always go through the gate right away, depending on the line. We grab something to eat, look in the shops, etc. But just in case the security line is long (and we've seen it crazy long at MCO), we make sure were are there 2 hours beforehand.

I agree. We always do 2 hours. We've never needed that long - 90 minutes would have always been about right, but I'm just not willing to take that chance. One thing we do is drop someone off with the luggage on that level and then make the loop to go back in to drop the car off. We find that simplifies things a great deal and saves time (don't have to worry about those elevators someone mentioned before).

We enjoy looking through the shops or getting a bite to eat before getting on the plane too. :thumbsup2

If you get the styrofoam, keep it in the tub! I've had two coolers leak so far. :scared:

Also, if you have a medical need for a fridge, the fee is waived.

Very true about the fridge for medical purposes. I have some medicine that needs refrigeration and they have never charged me a fee. I find that very classy of them. Loews is my favorite hotel chain for many reasons. This is one of them.

First time staying on site, we've chosen RPR because of themeing and how close it is to IoA. Just 297 days to go now!

I do have a few questions though:

I want to request tower one, higher floor, near the elevators. How do I do that when I have booked my vacation through Universal? Is there a fax number I can use or even an email?

How much a fridge is going for nowadays? We like to buy yogurt, water and have a place for leftovers so we'll need a fridge for sure.

How is the wifi at the lobby area?

Do they have computers and printers guests can use?

We will be taking our first trip to Universal the end of July with our 2 kids. I've been reading these boards and I'm overwhelmed with info - in a good way!

I would like to make my reservations at RPR this week. We would like to stay Club level, which I believe is floor 7? We are going to book a suite. Should I request a certain tower or room number or side of the tower/view?

Also, is it better to book online or call?

All this is new to me. Any advice is appreciated!

We will be taking our first trip to Universal the end of July with our 2 kids. I've been reading these boards and I'm overwhelmed with info - in a good way!

I would like to make my reservations at RPR this week. We would like to stay Club level, which I believe is floor 7? We are going to book a suite. Should I request a certain tower or room number or side of the tower/view?

Also, is it better to book online or call?

All this is new to me. Any advice is appreciated!

the club lounge at rph is in tower 3.
but, you can stay at any of the towers and still be eligible for the club.
all three elevators are in the rph lobby, easy to get to.

call and talk to the reservationist so you can find out which suites have the pool/park view.
that would be the easiest way to know which rooms have certain views.
if no suites are available in T3, you can ask about suites in T1.

your hotel card will be programmed to use the elevator for T3 floor 7.

all three elevators are in the rph lobby, easy to get to.

call and talk to the reservationist so you can find out which suites have the pool/park view.
that would be the easiest way to know which rooms have certain views.
if no suites are available in T3, you can ask about suites in T1.

your hotel card will be programmed to use the elevator for T3 floor 7.

Thanks for the info. I had no idea that there were 3 towers!

This is interesting information. So you can request and pay for club, but not be on the floor. Do they have a max number of rooms/people allowed for club? Otherwise I could see hundreds of rooms all being a part of it across multiple floors/towers.

Thanks.

I've just been reading some of the recent reviews for the RP on Tripadvisor and apparently a couple of weeks back there were large groups of teenagers staying who had block booked the restaurants so the reviewers couldn't eat there.

Is this common or does it rarely happen? I'm staying there in May and quite like being able to eat in the hotel (and breakfast) so I'm anxious that there could be another large party staying there when we go.

We were thinking of staying at RPR in August but changed our minds and booked HRH based on trip advisor reviews. I am also curious about what those of you in this board may have to say.

I recall reading about something called Voz Brasil that booked the restaurant so they could use the space. Anything can happen if a huge group needs something and can book it!

Hotels are a business and for a large event, money talks! I was there over MLK weekend, and Voz Brazil had booked the entire Islands dining room, somI never got a chance to eat in there.

I was bummed, but my earlier career was in the hotel business, so I just dealt with it.

I can't speak as to how often this happens at RPH, but to me, it's always a possibility no matter what hotel it may be. I still loved the hotel!

i was disappointed in Island Dining Room and Orchid being closed during my stay.

the brazilian Voz tv show had auditions at rph for 3 weeks in january.
they booked tower 1 for the contestants.
they had a sign-in section at the hotel lobby for the brazilian guests.

the tv company did buy out Islands Dining room and Orchid Court Lounge for that time period.
the only time i saw it being used by the contestants was in the morning.

conventions and companies do reserve many rooms and conference lounges way in advance.

it crowds the hotel but not the parks.

i was at rph in october for a stay at rph and no idea brazil voz was on of the groups staying in january.
i knew there were 3 conferences to be going on for my next stay (earlier this month) so i had booked far out in advance.

the only restaurant i have found to be closed when i arrived in the past visits has been Tchoup Chop.
this month was the first time 2 onsite eateries were closed to the public while i was there.

Island Dining Room made up for this inconvenience by doing their b. menu and breakfast buffet over at Jakes.
It covered from 7 to 11 weekdays and noon on weekends.
and, they lowered the prices for the breakfast during this period.
think i paid $16.99 for the b. buffet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter