ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just subscribed to the thread! So excited! Staying at RPH this November - seems like it is so far away but I know it will go by fast. This is a HUGE treat for me. It will just be my son (9 years old) and I for a "mother-son" trip. We are going to live it up! :cool1: Anyhow, no questions, just wanted to say how excited I am! :goodvibes

Reposting because I'd like some answers!

I want to request tower one, higher floor, near the elevators. How do I do that when I have booked my vacation through Universal? Is there a fax number I can use or even an email?

How much a fridge is going for nowadays? We like to buy yogurt, water and have a place for leftovers so we'll need a fridge for sure.

How is the wifi at the lobby area?

Do they have computers and printers guests can use?

Reposting because I'd like some answers!

I want to request tower one, higher floor, near the elevators. How do I do that when I have booked my vacation through Universal? Is there a fax number I can use or even an email?

How much a fridge is going for nowadays? We like to buy yogurt, water and have a place for leftovers so we'll need a fridge for sure.

How is the wifi at the lobby area?

Do they have computers and printers guests can use?

Answers to all of your questions are here: https://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/General-Information/Hotel-Services-Information.aspx#services

Planning to book a 2 bedroom Hospitality Suite for our girlfriend trip in November. The AP rate makes this a great option for us and it will be fun to all be in the same "room" and still have lots of space to spread out. Has anyone stayed in a Hospitality Suite? The pictures look amazing but curious to hear a first hand report.

I love RPR and am very excited to share it with some of my friends who have not been there.

Planning to book a 2 bedroom Hospitality Suite for our girlfriend trip in November. The AP rate makes this a great option for us and it will be fun to all be in the same "room" and still have lots of space to spread out. Has anyone stayed in a Hospitality Suite? The pictures look amazing but curious to hear a first hand report.

I love RPR and am very excited to share it with some of my friends who have not been there.

You won't regret it :thumbsup2

We stayed in a hospitality suite and genuinely didn't want to leave. The space is amazing, huge dining table, big tv, comfy sofas, fridge freezer which was used for ice.....wine and beer :rotfl:

There was a microwave too but we never cook anything on our trips so had no intention of using it, but it would be handy if you did want to.

Having the extra shower room was great too, as there are 3 of us......no having to wait on others.

They really are like self contained apartments........the feeling of space is wonderful........we really loved it I'm sure you will too :)

If they are starting to do the renovations now, each tower expected to take 3-4 months, and go floor by floor, does anyone know the order of the operation?

We are staying club level (therefore floor 7, tower 3) and want an idea of when they will get to it.

Thanks in advance!

Booked a std room for my family of 4 at RP for first week of June at $194/nt. Never been to Universal, did WDW last 2 yrs. in value and moderate hotels so we are pretty excited about getting a nice hotel on property for about 1/2 or 1/3 what a Disney deluxe would be. Or are we going to be disappointed in some things? My kids are 7(daughter) and 4 (son). My son is obsessed with Spider-Man, heroes, etc and my daughter is kind of over the whole princess thing so I think it will be just as good or better for us.

Or are we going to be disappointed in some things? My kids are 7(daughter) and 4 (son). My son is obsessed with Spider-Man, heroes, etc and my daughter is kind of over the whole princess thing so I think it will be just as good or better for us.

What are you worried about being disappointed in?

For Spidey, try to throw an extra $30 into the budget so you can buy the picture with special effects taken with Spiderman. Taking the picture is the ONLY way to meet him, it's on Marvel island off in a storefront. You CAN take your own picture with your own camera, but they will be in front of a greenscreen, and so your picture will have just a green background. If you buy the picture, you get it all done up so they look like they are shooting webs,etc. Since your guy is little I bet he will LOVE that picture. I avoid spending money on pictures, usually, but last year we bought the AP photoconnect card and I got a chance to get that picture, and I was shocked at how *worth it* that picture was. I would pay out of pocket for it, definitely.

(and the first time we had the photo done, when I did NOT pay for the actual picture, as I dithered and said "oh that's really expensive, I don't think so", they brought the price down by half...I still said "no", and maybe they don't have the ability to haggle anymore, but I figured I'd tell you, just in case they do...)

What are you worried about being disappointed in?
Thanks for the info on the Spider-Man pics. I guess the main thing my wife and I are worried about is that our kids are little and I've seen a lot of opinions that US/IOA is better for bigger kids/teens, and at WDW you have all the "magic." We are not huge Disney people but we did enjoy our 2 trips. Just don't really know what to expect or how it will compare in regards to our kids. I know my wife and I will probably enjoy it more(we both like thrill rides) and I really think the kids like it as much if not better.

I just checked on this today. The best rate is the Entertainment Rate $110 and next is the AP rate of $129 with an automatic upgrade to water view. The $99 rate ends on the 10th!

You may also want to try the internet web site for universal studios. I think they are running a special also.
How are you finding these "entertainment" rates for $110 for Royal Pacific? My current rate is $270+ per night.

lol, look at the date on that post.

They don't even offer entertainment rates anymore.
Oops - it would be helpful if I would actually look at the post date. My question still stands. How are some individuals getting great rates ($194 for June). Am I going at a terrible time of year (beginning of May)?

Oops - it would be helpful if I would actually look at the post date. My question still stands. How are some individuals getting great rates ($194 for June). Am I going at a terrible time of year (beginning of May)?

We are going May 11th and the rate with AP is $169.

There are lots of factors. The length of stay is a big one. Loews uses a stay more save more rate where the longer you stay, the bigger your discount. You can also get AAA rates and annual pass rates.

On Orbitz you can get 15% off the stay more rates. I had booked RP thru Loews for our dates (June 1-6) for a total of $1092, so I cancelled that and booked thru Orbitz (code: OUTTAHERE) and got the same room for about $950. You can only get the rate when entering 2 guests though, and we will have our 2 kids. I called the hotel and the lady said it would be no problem to add them to the room upon arrival.

Thanks for the info on the Spider-Man pics. I guess the main thing my wife and I are worried about is that our kids are little and I've seen a lot of opinions that US/IOA is better for bigger kids/teens, and at WDW you have all the "magic." We are not huge Disney people but we did enjoy our 2 trips. Just don't really know what to expect or how it will compare in regards to our kids. I know my wife and I will probably enjoy it more(we both like thrill rides) and I really think the kids like it as much if not better.

I think you'll be fine. It's a lovely hotel; take some time to look around, definitely! At WDW there's "pixie dust" and at Universal it's "mummy dust". The Team Members at Universal are often also Cast Members at WDW, and our own personal experience has been that the TMs are happier and more joyous than the CMs. We've never encountered one that we KNOW works at both, FWIW, so I can't tell you why that has been our experience, but it has.

Since you have the younger kids, you'll go looking for younger kid things! And you'll find them. Let the kids torture you guys with the Barney show, and be SURE to use the EP for the line. Why wait in that line any longer than necessary, LOL. Take them all the way back beyond the Curious George water play area to the ball play area. It's awesome amazing fun with the softest play-balls I've ever felt; you can get pummeled with them from a "gun" above and it doesn't hurt. Follow the footsteps while going through the Curious George section if you don't want to get wet, though!

Kids can go into lines even when they can't ride; you swap out near the seating area, and there's a nice place for the non-riders to wait. If it's a spooky line, like The Mummy, the EP makes it easy enough to swap (unofficially) like you do at WDW, though...both adults end up just using the EP line, no worries. My son is 9 and still won't set foot in the Mummy's line, let alone ride it!

But back to the hotel, it's really pretty. The pool is big and great (and you can pool hop), so I bet you will ALL have a terrific time.

Booked a std room for my family of 4 at RP for first week of June at $194/nt. Never been to Universal, did WDW last 2 yrs. in value and moderate hotels so we are pretty excited about getting a nice hotel on property for about 1/2 or 1/3 what a Disney deluxe would be. Or are we going to be disappointed in some things? My kids are 7(daughter) and 4 (son). My son is obsessed with Spider-Man, heroes, etc and my daughter is kind of over the whole princess thing so I think it will be just as good or better for us.

to be honest I don't think I would take kids that age. We took DD for the first time when potter opened she would have been 11. Had it not been for her love of potter I wouldn't have done it. She rode a fair bit but was coaster shy and we were done with both parks by noon the following day. I paid an early penalty to check out and checked back in at Disney yacht club where we were upgraded to the presidential suite!!!

We returned two years later and it just isn't me at all. DD enjoys it being a teen but I find it more of an amusement park than a themed park like Disney. Rides are super close, touring is quicker, front of the line is group. But an amusement park feel. NOTHING like Disney.

All that being said, we are returning AGAIN this summer with a friend for DD15. She can't wait to ride everything this time.

If your son is dying to meet spiderman and this is a hUGE deal for him then yes for sure! But if you can delay it for a few years I personally would...

Thanks for the input but after doing Disney the last couple years the thought of all that planning, dining res's, FP+.....just exhausting. Looking forward to a more relaxed vacation at Universal!

My little 4 year old niece went to WDW and Universal last year and her favourite was Universal. Each kid is different.

Thanks for the input but after doing Disney the last couple years the thought of all that planning, dining res's, FP+.....just exhausting. Looking forward to a more relaxed vacation at Universal!

I hear you on that..I really do!!! US/IOA I don't care for but DD sure does. In prior years I would count the days down to get out of there to hit Disney!! This summer we are doing Disney first and I think I too will view US IOA as a nice break after the new fp plus rule at Disney and I hope to actually ENJOY US IOA this time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter