• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
We returned two years later and it just isn't me at all. DD enjoys it being a teen but I find it more of an amusement park than a themed park like Disney. Rides are super close, touring is quicker, front of the line is group. But an amusement park feel. NOTHING like Disney.

But not everyone feels that way. My family sure doesn't. We truly cannot comprehend how people think its not themed. Heck, new fantasyland and the new entrance to anaheims DCA are nearly copies of IOA. And IOA did it first and IMO better.

Only way to know where you fall is to do it and do it with an open mind. Our first trip to orlando we gave wdw 10 days and universal 4. Even with that trip we regretted the shortness of the uni stay.

And on that trip no one did the big rides at all! DS was too nervous or short, DH is still of a body size that does not work with the restraints, and I don't like the fear of death while on vacation so I only go on coasters to keep DS company (I used to love big scary coasters but now I have things I want to live for and don't want tragedy to befall me).

I actually recorded the music outside IOA because I love it so much. Sounds a lot like the background of a imagination dragons song so I love that song too. Just love it there. :)

But not everyone feels that way. My family sure doesn't. We truly cannot comprehend how people think its not themed. Heck, new fantasyland and the new entrance to anaheims DCA are nearly copies of IOA. And IOA did it first and IMO better.

Only way to know where you fall is to do it and do it with an open mind. Our first trip to orlando we gave wdw 10 days and universal 4. Even with that trip we regretted the shortness of the uni stay.

And on that trip no one did the big rides at all! DS was too nervous or short, DH is still of a body size that does not work with the restraints, and I don't like the fear of death while on vacation so I only go on coasters to keep DS company (I used to love big scary coasters but now I have things I want to live for and don't want tragedy to befall me).

I actually recorded the music outside IOA because I love it so much. Sounds a lot like the background of a imagination dragons song so I love that song too. Just love it there. :)

Universal/IOA doesn't feel in the least bit like an amusement park to us either. I've done a TON of Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks and not a single one can hold a candle to Universal and IOA. It is our happy place right along with Disneyland.

I love Imagine Dragons too.

Universal/IOA doesn't feel in the least bit like an amusement park to us either. I've done a TON of Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks and not a single one can hold a candle to Universal and IOA. It is our happy place right along with Disneyland.

I love Imagine Dragons too.

Same here. The theming of IoA in particular took my breath away, and I cannot WAIT to experience it again in May. Universal's theming is also wonderful, and IMO both are just as magical as Disney, just in a more grownup sort of way. My 13 year old has no interest in ever returning to Disney after our first trip to Universal last year. It was the perfect combination of gorgeous scenery, thrill rides, and fun shows/attractions.

I really am going to try harder this year to enjoy it and appreciate it for what it is...I agree that WWOHP is excellently themed!!! BEAUTIFUL. I just can't get excited about the rest of the park but it is worth a 4th try since potter part 2 will be open. And I think having it on the back end of the trip helps but I cheated and booked a final night BACK at Disney. DH hates luggage and this way he can hand it over at Disney whereas you can't do that at US/IOA. So we all win this trip!

Thanks for the info on the Spider-Man pics. I guess the main thing my wife and I are worried about is that our kids are little and I've seen a lot of opinions that US/IOA is better for bigger kids/teens, and at WDW you have all the "magic." We are not huge Disney people but we did enjoy our 2 trips. Just don't really know what to expect or how it will compare in regards to our kids. I know my wife and I will probably enjoy it more(we both like thrill rides) and I really think the kids like it as much if not better.

We have been taking our kids to Universal since they were 1 and 2 years old, and we have loved every trip at all ages! There is plenty to do. I'm really surprised when people say they are done by noon. We spend all day for 3 days each time, and I always wish we had more time. When the kids were younger they spent a lot of time in the play areas, which I think are really themed nice. We are huge Dr Seuss fans so we have spent hours just in that area. We have just always had a blast letting the kids play and take as much time as they want.

Things have changed now that they are 12 and 13. We spend more time on thrill rides. I really miss the early days. I'm so glad we experienced it when they were young, and still appreciated the kiddie areas.

We have been taking our kids to Universal since they were 1 and 2 years old, and we have loved every trip at all ages! There is plenty to do. I'm really surprised when people say they are done by noon. We spend all day for 3 days each time, and I always wish we had more time. When the kids were younger they spent a lot of time in the play areas, which I think are really themed nice. We are huge Dr Seuss fans so we have spent hours just in that area. We have just always had a blast letting the kids play and take as much time as they want.

Things have changed now that they are 12 and 13. We spend more time on thrill rides. I really miss the early days. I'm so glad we experienced it when they were young, and still appreciated the kiddie areas.

So true :thumbsup2

We see lots of posts over the years from people saying Universal has nothing for little kids and is only for coaster fans....they couldn`t be more wrong.

There are some great things for littlies in both parks and yep, very well themed. Nice post!

So true :thumbsup2

We see lots of posts over the years from people saying Universal has nothing for little kids and is only for coaster fans....they couldn`t be more wrong.

There are some great things for littlies in both parks and yep, very well themed. Nice post!

Thanks. This year will be our first time onsite at Universal. I'm so excited! We have 3 nights booked at Royal Pacific.

Getting excited, just a few more days til our first stay here and first visit to Universal. Been planning and reading everything I can get my hands on. Hope I have it all figured out. Calling them Monday to ask them to take all the snacks/water out. Will tell them at check in that I don't want the key to fridge.
Now all I'm worried about is parking. We will be a late check in as we have to wait til after DS baseball game to leave, won't get there til about midnight, so worried that getting there so late that there won't be any parking, I've read so many things about not much parking. We were also hoping to leave and go out to eat one night, worried about coming back to no parking then as well,lol...yes I know I'm a worry wart...:worried:
Planning on bringing a small cooler to keep our drinks cold. Got donuts and bringing homemade muffins for our breakfast. DH is difficult to get up, so to be on time it's best to let the kids eat in room before going to park, besides saving on that means more money to spend in the parks!!;)

Hi all - thanks for all the great info! We are traveling in April and will be staying for 2 nights/3 days at RPR at the start of our vacation then moving on to a Marriott condo resort for the next 5 nights.

We will have a car from the airport for the week. I am using the directions from MCO to RPR based from the Loews hotel website. Will we pass a grocery store along the way or do we have to go off of the main path? My husband is diabetic so we get a complementary fridge because of his diatery needs so we need to hit a grocery store on our way to the hotel.

Below are the directions from the hotel that we are planning on using:
From Orlando International Airport:

Take the North exit out the airport onto Beachline Expressway (SR528) West (International Drive, Convention Center)
Continue on Beachline and take I-4 East
Take Exit 75A (Universal Studios) and get in the left lane
At the end of the exit ramp, turn left onto Universal Blvd.
At the second traffic light, turn left (Hollywood Way)
Loews Royal Pacific Resort entrance is 1/3 mile on your left
NOTE: SR528 is a toll road

Thanks! 28 more sleeps!! :cheer2:

Hi all - thanks for all the great info! We are traveling in April and will be staying for 2 nights/3 days at RPR at the start of our vacation then moving on to a Marriott condo resort for the next 5 nights.

We will have a car from the airport for the week. I am using the directions from MCO to RPR based from the Loews hotel website. Will we pass a grocery store along the way or do we have to go off of the main path? My husband is diabetic so we get a complementary fridge because of his diatery needs so we need to hit a grocery store on our way to the hotel.

Below are the directions from the hotel that we are planning on using:
From Orlando International Airport:

Take the North exit out the airport onto Beachline Expressway (SR528) West (International Drive, Convention Center)
Continue on Beachline and take I-4 East
Take Exit 75A (Universal Studios) and get in the left lane
At the end of the exit ramp, turn left onto Universal Blvd.
At the second traffic light, turn left (Hollywood Way)
Loews Royal Pacific Resort entrance is 1/3 mile on your left
NOTE: SR528 is a toll road

Thanks! 28 more sleeps!! :cheer2:

This thread might help some - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=651038

Are all the hotels in walking distance of each other? (Including Cabana Bay) Staying at RP in June and want to take a day to take it easy and maybe walk to other pools, see the hotels. I know "walking distance" is subjective. I'm talking less than 15 min I guess.

Are all the hotels in walking distance of each other? (Including Cabana Bay) Staying at RP in June and want to take a day to take it easy and maybe walk to other pools, see the hotels. I know "walking distance" is subjective. I'm talking less than 15 min I guess.

Yup. You can walk to everything. It will be about a 5 minute walk for you to Cabana Bay. It will be about 15 to Hard Rock and about 25 to Portofino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter