• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
smidgy, off the lobby there is a gift shop and it does have a soda machine.
and there are shops on the first floor on the walkway to the boat dock.

i always use car service and a grocery stop for my water/soda/etc.
so i don't always pay attention to what else is in the shop.

you could walk to walgreens that is close to PBH for the things you listed above.
take the boat taxi to pbh, walk about 3 minutes to that shopping strip center.

if you over buy, take a taxi back to rph.
the taxi will be close to $5.

I have a question. My wife and our 7 year old son are staying Club Level at Royal Pacific Hotel 8/23 - 8/27 and booked King Room. I did not notice a stated view. So, does anyone know what type of view we would have? Is it a toss up and you find out when you check in? Are we definitely going to be on the 7th floor or is it possible we might get assigned a 6th floor room (I read on this thread conflicting beliefs that club level is only 7th floor, and some others stated that 6th floor is part of club level also). We're very excited.

You could have pool/water view or garden view. You won't find out until you check in. It is possible you might get 6th floor if they are really really busy. With those dates, you should be fine.

not sure locations of all the king bed rooms are on 7th floor.

hopefully not to the left of the lounge.
a few of the rooms at the end of that corridor don't have a view.
some have posted about their view there being of the highway, convention center roof, or very little of nothing.

at one time, there were only 40 rooms on club level.
if those rooms are full, you could have a room on another floor, not necessarily 6th floor.

if you want a pool view and none are available on club level, you could request a different floor for your king room and still have club priveleges.

smidgy, off the lobby there is a gift shop and it does have a soda machine.
and there are shops on the first floor on the walkway to the boat dock.

i always use car service and a grocery stop for my water/soda/etc.
so i don't always pay attention to what else is in the shop.

you could walk to walgreens that is close to PBH for the things you listed above.
take the boat taxi to pbh, walk about 3 minutes to that shopping strip center.

if you over buy, take a taxi back to rph.
the taxi will be close to $5.

thanks so much!!!anyone else know if they sell larger bottles of soda and bread, snacks, donuts, etc (like they do in the disney resort gift shops)

thanks so much! (maybe if we hop over to the Portofino pool we could pick up some things.)

I wonder if they will let you bring "groceries" on the boat taxi? beer? they do let you bring beer and soda on the disney buses (we buy it at the Hess across from downtown disney)

The store by the lobby sells cokes and other drinks(not 2 liters). Also the sell chips, cereal & milk, general snacks.

I know you can not board a boat with any type of alcohol(at least open).
don't know about unopen.

The store by the lobby sells cokes and other drinks(not 2 liters). Also the sell chips, cereal & milk, general snacks.

I know you can not board a boat with any type of alcohol(at least open).
don't know about unopen.

thanks! that's good news!

you also cannot walk from RPR into citywalk with a drink.you can walk all around rpr with one,and sip on it along the canal and you can walk all around citywalk with one, but you can't "crossover" the boundary. you need to finish it before the entrance there by jimmy buffets.

this is because they are 2 separate liquor liscenses.

now I know, though , that I can buy some soda, snacks and such for the room for the 3 days!:thumbsup2

smidgy, call the hotel directly.

ask them where in the hotel can you buy the items you need.

i should have stated that earlier.

i usually call the concierge lobby desk for info.

Guess where I'll be sleeping tonight?:yay:

It sounds so weird to say that when I'm still sitting at my table in Canada! But we have a late check in at RPR tonight. So excited to be going back!!:)

Guess where I'll be sleeping tonight?:yay:

It sounds so weird to say that when I'm still sitting at my table in Canada! But we have a late check in at RPR tonight. So excited to be going back!!:)

:thumbsup2:cool1: yoo hoo for you!!! have tons of fun!!!

maccraven, thanks so much! we are used to driving down and flying only with the ddp and the mugs.. never flown down for universal before. we'll survive!!! (tee hee) I just know, for some reason, they make it SO expensive to eat at the resorts. we'll just grab a few snacks from city walk!

SO excited to go back to UNI!! andexperience the hary potter land fo rthe first time! (I'm a little nervous about forbidden journey .. afraid of heights... oh well..)

:thumbsup2:cool1: yoo hoo for you!!! have tons of fun!!!

maccraven, thanks so much! we are used to driving down and flying only with the ddp and the mugs.. never flown down for universal before. we'll survive!!! (tee hee) I just know, for some reason, they make it SO expensive to eat at the resorts. we'll just grab a few snacks from city walk!

SO excited to go back to UNI!! andexperience the hary potter land fo rthe first time! (I'm a little nervous about forbidden journey .. afraid of heights... oh well..)

Have a great trip! I hope you will post when you get back about the hotel and HP. We were supposed to go this summer but I had to postpone (not cancel!) until next summer due to my back not healing as quickly as I thought it would. Another year of planning and adding info to my files.
Anyone know when 2013 rates are coming out? Was able to keep my WDW res but not the RP.

Have a great trip! I hope you will post when you get back about the hotel and HP. We were supposed to go this summer but I had to postpone (not cancel!) until next summer due to my back not healing as quickly as I thought it would. Another year of planning and adding info to my files.
Anyone know when 2013 rates are coming out? Was able to keep my WDW res but not the RP.

You can book online now for 2013 but most of the special rates aren't out.

I will be there in 26 days:banana::banana::banana:We are guaranteed to all be on the same floor :worship::worship:. Will be sharing pix when we return !!!!!

I have a question. My wife and our 7 year old son are staying Club Level at Royal Pacific Hotel 8/23 - 8/27 and booked King Room. I did not notice a stated view. So, does anyone know what type of view we would have? Is it a toss up and you find out when you check in? Are we definitely going to be on the 7th floor or is it possible we might get assigned a 6th floor room (I read on this thread conflicting beliefs that club level is only 7th floor, and some others stated that 6th floor is part of club level also). We're very excited.

Here now. Checked in on 8/22 and despite being a slower part of the summer they are still booking 6th floor for club, since that's where we are at. Requested a view got one of the banquet hall and the highway.

Did you know that on Sat nights you can hear the music from the luau? Even caught a glimpse of the performers.

We stayed at RP at the same time. I called the morning of our check in day (8/23/2012) and requested 7th floor club level. We got a room on the 7th floor with city view. Club level was worth every penny we paid for the upgrade, in my opinion. It was so nice having breakfast ready right down your hallway, as well as cans of soda available anytime you get on your floor. We would stop in and request 1 or 2 bottles of water on our way to the park - very nice! We brought snacks with us but always had snacks in the club lounge because it was fun, easy, and tastier than what we brought. The club level staff are helpful, respectful, and kind. I would think they have repeat customers because of this. Thanks to everyone for your help on this forum.

We were in 1313, Tower One, 3rd floor. (Lobby level) We never heard noise from the elevators or whatnot, everything was absolutely perfect. I can say with 100% certainty that we will visit this hotel again.

2DFC7588-186B-4BAE-9EC1-845D4553850E-252-00000035D6522723.jpg
[/IMG]

1D8E5802-7C13-4E8A-89D5-2464FF4F66F2-252-00000035A5A61AD9.jpg
[/IMG]

C28878D0-08B1-4F49-B674-29E6EDD6E7E0-252-00000035D2CA8C4A.jpg

D83AB3CD-1348-4DFE-9364-B241258232FB-252-00000035AE1225B1.jpg

14A57DCE-94A0-49E5-90D0-ACE936F3B991-252-00000035A9ED9049.jpg

We were SO IMPRESSED with the pool area. It may sound silly, but the fact that they offered complimentary water stations, sunscreen, pool noodles and beach balls completely blew me away. It's just way more than we've ever gotten at at WDW resort pool. And the staff that runs the afternoon pool games daily from 12pm-6pm is fantastic. Prizes are ice cream, smoothies, and for the adults, cocktails! We were blown away by the RPH, I wish we were there right now!

3CD32A5A-A6FB-42E0-9F13-9C4027A3AAF8-252-00000035C04A34B2.jpg
[/IMG]

21E187F9-7880-4225-8858-C1C9EAB2C2F2-252-00000035B9630D22.jpg
[/IMG]

D5C789D7-61AD-4DFC-8E0B-214493D74EBF-252-00000035B17B5844.jpg

4B300ACE-656D-4D88-B744-451EA4D5CA3E-252-00000035801F4627.jpg

wait.. did you say cocktails are prizes for adults??? normally we dislike the afternoon "pool parties" (only cause at WDW the Dj music is very lous, and so are the mics)
but even nebo would play a game for a cocktail! (I think)

Does the hotel charge a fee if you used the Keurig, Fiji water, etc. on the sideboard with the tv? Or is it all complimentary and replaced each day? Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter