ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Just booked our first Universal trip!!! We are going the first week of December - staying 4 nights at RPR.

Few questions!

1) Is there a crowd calendar like I use for WDW?
2) What is the best way to get from MCO?
3) I don't care what section of the hotel our room is in, but I would prefer upper floor - how would I request that?
4) Our flight doesn't land until almost midnight....how is check in that late?

Hit me with anything and everything a Universal virgin needs to know!

Going beginning of December. Our plane won't get in till late and we may not make it to the hotel until midnight. Do I need to let them know?

Should I ask for a particular room? We booked standard but might see about an upgrade when we get there.

Thanks.

When you booked,did you include arrival date in the booking ?

Or a notation you will be doing a late check in as your flight will be around midnight

You can call and have items listed on your ressie such as midnight arrival so arriving at hotel at 1:00 am and prefer high floor

Doesn't Josh have a section for UO ?

I know one major site has a paid planning schedule but sometimes can be off slightly

I use private car service

Also available is taxi, and Star shuttle or rental car

UO hotels charge for parking so rental car could end up costing more

UT has decent ticket prices
Sign up for UO mailings on their website as they do special ticket sells at times

I'm at rpr now and using iPhone so excuse the typos...

For me rpr is my home away from home

We're back! While we confirmed we are Disney, not US, people on this trip, RPR was outstanding! Our room was lovely, beds comfortable, pool was great. We enjoyed the Orchid Cafe for a late dinner one night and the Islands character breakfast was a lot of fun - my kids LOVED seeing Gru and Kevin!

We're back! While we confirmed we are Disney, not US, people on this trip, RPR was outstanding! Our room was lovely, beds comfortable, pool was great. We enjoyed the Orchid Cafe for a late dinner one night and the Islands character breakfast was a lot of fun - my kids LOVED seeing Gru and Kevin!

Thanks for sharing with us

Nice to read it was a good darkside stay and fun for all!

We are staying in a standard room from Oct 23rd - Oct 27th. I guess my questions are what tower would you request? we do like the closeness of the pathway but we would also like to take the boat a few times since we never have. I was also looking in past threads do some standard rooms have park view not a priority though . I guess nothing is really that far away.

We are staying in a standard room from Oct 23rd - Oct 27th. I guess my questions are what tower would you request? we do like the closeness of the pathway but we would also like to take the boat a few times since we never have. I was also looking in past threads do some standard rooms have park view not a priority though . I guess nothing is really that far away.
Tower 1 or 3

To all who are at Universal stay safe.. hoping it won't impact me to much in 2 week.

Weather will be back to normal in two weeks

I expect wind and rain to begin strongly early Friday morning
Saturday would have rain

Sunday on wesh channel states rain at times and no mention of wind

But none of us will really know until Matthew makes an appearance

From what has been reported earlier, late Thursday night / early Friday morning, Matthew could hit ground and the weather will reflect it

Assume hard heavy rain/wind during that period

After it has happened, the clean up process will start

Would think you should be good when you arrive

I have been in Florida a week after some hurricanes and even with the clean up to be done, had a great vacation

Just booked our first Universal trip!!! We are going the first week of December - staying 4 nights at RPR.

Few questions!

4) Our flight doesn't land until almost midnight....how is check in that late?

Hit me with anything and everything a Universal virgin needs to know!

We checked in around 11pm on our trip last December and the check-in experience was outstanding. The lady at the desk did a great job as did bell services. The nice thing is there you have their full attention as they aren't busy at that time of night. :)

We checked in around 11pm on our trip last December and the check-in experience was outstanding. The lady at the desk did a great job as did bell services. The nice thing is there you have their full attention as they aren't busy at that time of night. :)

Perfect! How did you guys get from MCO to the hotel (if you flew in). I am looking up all options and....I am so spoiled by DME that I am balking at the $$$$ it costs to get 12 miles to USO!

Perfect! How did you guys get from MCO to the hotel (if you flew in). I am looking up all options and....I am so spoiled by DME that I am balking at the $$$$ it costs to get 12 miles to USO!

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this link here or not, so Mod remove if against the rules.

We use Gene Tau:

http://taxi-mco.com/Drivers/Eugene Tau.htm

Gene is a really nice older gentleman that owns his own SUV. We met him years ago and use him whenever we don't use DME. He's a great guy with lots of knowledge of the area and lots of stories to tell. I think he charges a flat rate of $55 from the airport to RPR. He drives a big Suburban so lots of room. Most importantly he is reliable and trustworthy.

We got a great deal on a car rental - total (with taxes, and everything) was $73 for 4 days, 3 nights of parking - $141 total. We didn't check any luggage, so from touch-down to room was under an hour!

We just checked in for two nights before we pop over to Disney. I have to tell you... the pictures don't do this place justice. It's lovely. (And don't tell Mickey, but it is far nicer than similar priced Disney hotels). And yes, we checked in at 2 am and check in was great. Complimentary back scratcher? Yes, please!

We just checked in for two nights before we pop over to Disney. I have to tell you... the pictures don't do this place justice. It's lovely. (And don't tell Mickey, but it is far nicer than similar priced Disney hotels). And yes, we checked in at 2 am and check in was great. Complimentary back scratcher? Yes, please!

Glad to hear you're enjoying RPR so much..........it is beautiful! Well, we may be a little biased but so nice to hear from folks.......

Yes, backscratcher is nice! Hope you enjoy your time there...........:thumbsup2

Just booked two nights 12/1-12/3 as a pre-cruise trip with the family. I booked a standard room and will be requesting an upper floor once paid in full. I see you guys said either Tower 1 or 3 is best. Can I ask what is the difference between the two? Thanks.

Not much really, everything is quite close together at RPR.

T1 is closer for the walking path, T3 is closer to boat dock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter