• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Royal Me This, Royal Me That ~ Disney in December, How About That? *Update 6-1* P26

Well, of course we were going to go shopping! :lmao:

Actually, we had a goodly amount of time to kill before we were getting picked up to go to the airport, so we headed back to our hotel, and got our proverbial shop on.

Basically, we took turns watching DS watching the old school cartoons on the TV in the kiddie area at check in, and the other two would shop.

Now you all remember this little bag that I fell in love with in China, right?

DSCI0632-1.jpg

I do have to say, there was something I purchased in the Magic Kingdom. It was pirate-y and I think it was for my car, and I have no idea where it is. Which is so sad. I'm wondering if it got left in the suitcase or if it's with some of the paperwork from that trip. I'm almost positive it was something that needed to be kept flat.

And I can't find it. Which is sort of good, because that means this report ain't over yet! ;)

Now, I had a really good time shopping at the Yacht Club. We'd all been eyeing the store all week, and we'd gone through it briefly, but never actually shopped. We looked. We scoured. I tried things on. :scared1:

No, it wasn't bad.

I actually got some really cute stuff.

Some new pjs.

DSCI0633.jpg

And a new hoodie. Because I need another $50 hoodie like I need a hole in the head. No joke, with tax, they come to about $50. But you know what? They're SUCH good quality. And this was so cute. And matched the jams. I mean, really, it screamed at me.

And reminded me of someone.

DSCI0635.jpg

DSCI0636.jpg

Can't remember who though... ;)

And last but not least, who doesn't love a little purchase with purchase incentive?

DSCI0634.jpg

I do believe we spent so much we managed to snag one for each of us. Nana's we kept as as surprise (I bought it for her) and gave it to her for Christmas, so it was a nice little reminder of our trip. This bag has come in so handy, it's a great size for when we go on longer trips, and I like how sturdy it is. Unfortunately, the canvas material does get dirty, so I'll have to see how exactly I can clean it without harming the bag.

I have to tell you all, I was so happy while I was shopping. Funny, too, I'm not a big in store shopper, I'm more of an online girl, but give me a store in the World, and WOO HOO!!!

That, coupled with the relief of going home, HRH being in a good mood from having eaten a decent breakfast, well, it was overwhelmingly nice. Nice to relax and shop, and know that soon enough, I'd see my DH. And that I wouldn't have to do another bath at 500am for quite some time. :cloud9:

Also, there was one other thing I purchased at that store.

One other thing that I bought and saved for the plane ride home.

And you'll just have to wait and find out what that is...

A shopping cliffhanger?!?

Now that is a first! :lmao:

I love it! Love the update!

And I hope you drag this out till you get back from your next trip...:rolleyes1

Having said that...

popcorn::

Your shopping escapades were a HIT!!! Great loot!!!! (Aaarrrgggghhh....had to throw that in there!!!) ;)

Oh, you know I like the shopping pics! :thumbsup2 I really like that hoodie and tote bag -- adorable!

They're so cute. I just really loved the Tink stuff over everything else. :thumbsup2

There is really nothing like shopping in the World. :cloud9:

Indeed. Especially in the World Showcase. Ahhhhh.....

By the by, I love your new ticker!!! :goodvibes

Your shopping escapades were a HIT!!! Great loot!!!! (Aaarrrgggghhh....had to throw that in there!!!) ;)

Ha ha! I'm pirating you up!!! :lmao:

And a new hoodie. Because I need another $50 hoodie like I need a hole in the head. No joke, with tax, they come to about $50. But you know what? They're SUCH good quality. And this was so cute. And matched the jams. I mean, really, it screamed at me.

And reminded me of someone.

DSCI0635.jpg

DSCI0636.jpg

Can't remember who though... ;)

Dude.

DUDE.

I OWN this hoodie.

It will actually make it's first appearance in my next TR chapter.

The Force. It's scaring me.

I'm thinking you bought a yummy snack for the plane ride home. Love the tink hoodie. I live in my Mickey Mouse one that I got in 2007.

Dude.

DUDE.

I OWN this hoodie.

It will actually make it's first appearance in my next TR chapter.

The Force. It's scaring me.

:yoda:

The Force is strong with us. And eerie, as well.

I'm thinking you bought a yummy snack for the plane ride home.

How do you know me so well? Except it wasn't for me.;)

Love the tink hoodie. I live in my Mickey Mouse one that I got in 2007.

They really are good quality, and very comfy.

Lauren LOVES this...she saw it out of the corner of her eye as she was doing her homework last night (of course, I was on the DIS!) and she freaked!

I even logged onto the Disney online store and could not find it.

Do you remember where you got it? Have you seen it in other places?

And you guys...and The Force...is cracking me up!! :)

Lauren LOVES this...she saw it out of the corner of her eye as she was doing her homework last night (of course, I was on the DIS!) and she freaked!

Well, I got it in the store at the Yacht Club, and I'm pretty sure Tink got hers in a store at DHS. So, I'm guessing they were all over the World. Mom and Nana happen to be down there now, I could always ask them if they saw any, and then if anyone is going soon, we could try to get someone to pick one up?:goodvibes

And you guys...and The Force...is cracking me up!! :)

Much like Luke and Leia, Tink and I were obviously twins separated at birth. :lmao:

Well, I got it in the store at the Yacht Club, and I'm pretty sure Tink got hers in a store at DHS. So, I'm guessing they were all over the World. Mom and Nana happen to be down there now, I could always ask them if they saw any, and then if anyone is going soon, we could try to get someone to pick one up?:goodvibes

Much like Luke and Leia, Tink and I were obviously twins separated at birth. :lmao:

Your Mom and Nana are in the world?!?! So. Not. Fair!

I guess I can't talk. I will be there soon enough! Again and again. :rolleyes:

Lauren wears a TINY hoodie...So I should probably see it before anyone spends that much money on something. Lauren shares clothes with her 9 yr old brother (and they fight over them :confused3)...at least he would not probably steal her Tink hoodie! :rotfl:

I will certainly search one out, though, when I am there in Sept!!

Tell your mom and Nana that we are all jealous! :)

I first saw it at, maybe, Keystone Clothiers is it, in DHS? But later saw them all over the World. I can't remember if the smallest size was S or XS.

Only, no offense TK, I have no desire to make out with her.

Well, guys, this is it. I'm afraid this isn't going to be a big chapter, but in some ways I'm sure it will be profound.

I am for that, you know. Quality over quantity they say. :thumbsup2

So I got one last little thing in the shop before we left, and that's what HRH calls "Goofy Gummies." They are actually the Goofy's Candy Co Mickey Mouse head gummies, and they're not only adorable, but he's seriously in love with them. I let him eat as much of the bag as he wanted on the plane ride home, and I don't remember where, but I read a great idea online where you play a little game while they're having the snack. It was basically which color gummie do you think is going to come out of the bag next? It kept him totally occupied and it was great.

Getting on to the plane (I realize I'm jumping here) was a bit difficult because HRH was asleep. Mom and Nana went on first, and Mom took the car seat, which was nice, but it left me to take a sleeping HRH out of his stroller and try to fold his car seat one handed.

If you're a parent you know how hard that is. Thank God some people saw me and sort of gave me a hand, and I don't know how, but I managed to get me, carrying him, and all our gear onto the plane.

Of course, he woke up as I was putting him into his seat, and that was fine. Break out the Goofy gummies! We had a fairly uneventful flight with the exception of HRH needing to use the restroom while the fast seatbelt sign was on and the flight attendant tried to nice me to death.

Um, excuse me? I invented that. Okay, maybe not, but I'm the queen of nicing people. Catch more flies with honey and all that. The difference here is that my nicing is genuine.

This...was not.

I said, "Excuse me, he needs to use the bathroom. Is it okay to get up?"

Annoyingly fake perky nice voice, "I Just Need to Tell You the Fasten Seatbelt Sign IS On!!!!" Big fake perky smile.

Grrr.

I asked again nicely, explaining that he really needed to go.

She told me the exact same thing.

GRRR.

Okay. I just need to tell you that we can either get up and use the restroom or my four year old will pee all over his car seat and you can smell urine for the rest of the flight. Fortunately, the filter between my brain and my mouth was working, and I didn't say that, and I didn't get stopped by security when we landed for threatening a flight attendant with my rapier wit.

Thank goodness. I prefer flying to Florida, it's so much quicker than driving, you know. ;)

Anyway, other than that sad welcome back to reality...I always seem to have those on return flights, in regard to HRH the flight was totally uneventful. Went very well, even. We did use the restroom, he did make it in time, and all was well.

And when we landed and finally got to my mom's house I had never been so grateful to see my husband in my entire life.

Oh, thank god. Maybe one of my first thoughts was that he would give HRH a bath that night. :lmao: That I wouldn't be waking up at 500am. I had to work the next day, but still. I had my backup. My DH. My Jack Sparrow. My pirate lord, if you will. :rolleyes1

Anyhoo, I was happy to be home.

And I was relieved that the trip was over.

Don't get me wrong. I had some great moments. With just myself and HRH, with the whole clan. It was just fully exhausting in a way that I hadn't expected. And when we go with our whole big group, there's more of a buffer, and more people who are interested in keeping HRH entertained and it sort gives me a break. And I missed some of that one this trip. Missed it a lot actually. Missed DH and my FIL. They're so good at that.

And not that Mom and Nana aren't. I just think sometimes the expectations are unrealistic. Of me, and of HRH. And the pretty much continual undermining of parental authority wasn't helpful. And I'm sure if I brought it up, they wouldn't even see it that way. I'd sound ungrateful, and like I didn't appreciate anything, and like I didn't enjoy myself.

But I did, at certain points. And that's part of any trip. It's not Disney magic every step of the way. It's little moments that come together in your memory and make you think, you know, I may have had a hard time, but parts of that trip were soooo good.

And, all in all, I'm glad I went. We've had some health scares recently that have rocked me to my very core. And I won't go into it here, because it's personal. But at the time, all I could think was, I'm so glad I went on that trip. Even though I sometimes felt miserable, even though I was exhausted and cranky and expecting something different (why, I don't know, I've gone with Mom and Nana before), I was so glad I went.

Because you never know how much time you have with anyone who is important to you. And I'm reaching an age where that's becoming more and more obvious to me, and quite frankly, it scares me.

A lot.

So all I can do is live for today. To try to spend time with those people who are important to me.

Whether at the World or at home, it's important to remember that simple thing.

Life is nothing if you don't have people you love to share it with.

The End

which is really just a new beginning ;)

Very profound indeed, TK.

Words of wisdom for us all. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for sharing your trip and your life with us! :goodvibes

And I hope you drag this out till you get back from your next trip...:rolleyes1

Having said that...

popcorn::

Ok...I am so glad you dragged it out till your next TR!! :) You did it!!!!

I don't have to wait and wait for a new TK TR! :)

How cool is that?! :yay:

Your so much better than me. I would have probably snapped over the fake niceness and told her she was due for an accident then.

Really enjoyed the trip report and can't wait for the next one!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter