Royal Me This, Royal Me That ~ Disney in December, How About That? *Update 6-1* P26

The one and ONLY reason I want to stay at the Y&BC. To swim in this pool. Legally. ;)

Me, too! And I missed it!

Which means I have to stay there again. Although after this stay, honestly, it was great to be close to Epcot, but I was more impressed with the cleanliness / service at the Wilderness Lodge. Given that resort is less expensive, you can imagine what wins in my world.

Now, now...did you actually think you would get away with that? :lmao:

Well, it was worth a shot. pirate:

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: It must have been bad. Doesn't she get 20% off? :confused3

It was bad. We may be food snobs when it comes to Citrico's, and expect a certain level of service there, but at a buffet, the needs are simple. Be friendly, clear the plates efficiently, and offer refills when needed. Honestly. We're not picky. We just would like to have seen our waiter more than three times. The intro, one time of clearing and refills, and when he dropped the check. Oy. Vey.:sad2:

Bless his heart!! He did do really well!

Cute pics!!!

Last meal?!?!?!? :scared1:

All right. It is time for you to go back! What are we going to do without a TK TR?? :confused3

I'm going in September!!!! :lmao:

I can say that I wasn't overly impressed with any of the service we recieved that fall. It was average at best.

I enjoyed Cape May for dinner a few trips back (no characters)....really good chicken.

I can say that I wasn't overly impressed with any of the service we recieved that fall. It was average at best.

I actually had some really good experiences. Least impressive on my list would have to have been this, obviously, and the Coral Reef. Our server there was nice, and he took care of us, but...I don't know, it just felt like we were just another tourist couple to him. Another tip, you know?

I enjoyed Cape May for dinner a few trips back (no characters)....really good chicken.

I've always wanted to try that! The big clambake, right? But my mom is horribly allergic to clams, so I have to avoid that place like the plague when she's travelling with us. We'll have to save that for another pirate's life for three trip. ;)

:lmao: that HRH covered his own face in the picture! :lmao:

Sorry your waiter wasn't great but glad you had fun nonetheless. And thank you for all the BC pics. That is my happy place and I cannot wait to go back!! :)

Minnie doesn't have a car? :scared1: That's not right!

And hurrah for speaking up for what you want/need on the September trip! :)

:lmao: that HRH covered his own face in the picture! :lmao:

I couldn't believe my good luck! Didn't even have to crop him out. :thumbsup2

Sorry your waiter wasn't great but glad you had fun nonetheless. And thank you for all the BC pics. That is my happy place and I cannot wait to go back!! :)

I do love the Beach Club. And despite my not being impressed with the service at the Yacht Club, I think I'd still like to try the Beach Club one more time. I remember once, Mom, DH, and I stayed there (he was DF then) and we were literally right near the bridge to the International Gateway. We could step out the patio and see it, it was so great.

Minnie doesn't have a car? :scared1: That's not right!

I never saw any! Maybe I missed them or maybe she doesn't have one yet, but we have a LOT of those cars. Mickey, Pluto, Donald, Goofy, Buzz, Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones, etc, etc, but there's no Minnie!

Disney, are you listening? Get on the female character cars! ;)

And hurrah for speaking up for what you want/need on the September trip! :)

Oh, I have to. One thing I've learned is that part of my frustration comes from not having a plan. There's a lot of what do you want to do...I don't know, what do you want to do...

We're not doing that this time. :thumbsup2

Well I am slowly catching up on my trs and I am so happy for you that you were able to ride some rides at the MK. Those castle pictures are so pretty. My dd loves those cars of your HRH. I am sure that I will be purchasing some in September.

Yuck on the bad waiter. Really how can you be so lazy you screw up at a buffet.

HRH is really doing well at those character meals isn't he? What a difference!

It's too bad you didn't get to play in the pool. Was it actually warm enough to hop in? I'm debating whether or not to leave some pool time in my schedule for next Dec. I'm at least planning on hitting the hot tub.

The decorations are gorgeous! I can't wait to see all the resort decorations!

Well I am slowly catching up on my trs and I am so happy for you that you were able to ride some rides at the MK. Those castle pictures are so pretty. My dd loves those cars of your HRH. I am sure that I will be purchasing some in September.

Happy to have you here, catching up! :goodvibes

Those cars were a godsend on my September trip. We already owned some, but I don't know if you remember, it's how I would get him through certain dinners. I would buy him one new car, and that was enough excitement to keep him entertained. On this trip, we just brough the whole motley crew. :lmao:

Yuck on the bad waiter. Really how can you be so lazy you screw up at a buffet.

All I can say is, maybe he was having a bad day. :sad2:

HRH is really doing well at those character meals isn't he? What a difference!

I know, right? And it didn't even occur to me to be worried, so that was pretty cool. Thanks for my DH and how he turned it all around in September!

It's too bad you didn't get to play in the pool. Was it actually warm enough to hop in? I'm debating whether or not to leave some pool time in my schedule for next Dec. I'm at least planning on hitting the hot tub.

I would definitely consider it. I'd have to say at least two of the days we were there, at some point, it was in the 70s. And on the day I "should" have gone swimming, I think it hit mid 70s. I remember walking around MK in short sleeves and being completely comfortable.

The decorations are gorgeous! I can't wait to see all the resort decorations!

You're going to love it! :goodvibes

I know, right? And it didn't even occur to me to be worried, so that was pretty cool. Thanks for my DH and how he turned it all around in September!

That's so great that you didn't even have to think about it! :cool1: for DH!

I would definitely consider it. I'd have to say at least two of the days we were there, at some point, it was in the 70s. And on the day I "should" have gone swimming, I think it hit mid 70s. I remember walking around MK in short sleeves and being completely comfortable.

70's I can defintely do in a pool. Us crazy New Englanders. My Florida relatives always laugh at us when they see us in the water when it's in the 70's. They are all putting their parkas on. :rotfl:

70's I can defintely do in a pool. Us crazy New Englanders. My Florida relatives always laugh at us when they see us in the water when it's in the 70's. They are all putting their parkas on. :rotfl:

You swim in the 70's?!?! Is the pool heated?

I am cold just thinking about that. It almost made me shudder! :goodvibes (that is me shivering!)

Ahhh, thanks for the gorgeous Beach Club pictures!!! :goodvibes We will be staying there one day, I hope! They have such beautiful Christmas decorations!

DS with his napkin cracked me up!!! That's a shame about the waiter being lousy! :(

TK, Long time reader, first time poster. lol

We should seriously hang out. I swear, if we lived closer to each other, we'd be like bffs, like you and Tink. :teeth:

So I had to post because I feel you! I went to WDW this December with my mom. It was my first December trip and the first without my DH (he's a teacher). I was 8 weeks pregnant. It was pretty darn horrible, and I didn't have a child with me. It was so hard for me to go at someone else's pace, and I missed DH soooo much!!

So in reading your report, I just understand where you were with the trip and I'm so glad you were able to have some magical moments.

Can't wait to read the rest!

I was amazed at the number of locals wearing sweatshirts when it was in the upper 60s to low 70s. That's like a heat wave up here. :lmao:

You swim in the 70's?!?! Is the pool heated?

I am cold just thinking about that. It almost made me shudder! :goodvibes (that is me shivering!)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

You're so cute! Please understand, I'm not laughing at you...persay...;)

Ahhh, thanks for the gorgeous Beach Club pictures!!! :goodvibes We will be staying there one day, I hope! They have such beautiful Christmas decorations!

And that's why I still posted all those, because I know you're going to stay there eventually. It's on the list, right? :goodvibes

TK, Long time reader, first time poster. lol

We should seriously hang out. I swear, if we lived closer to each other, we'd be like bffs, like you and Tink. :teeth:

:welcome:

Thank you for posting! :hug:

So I had to post because I feel you! I went to WDW this December with my mom. It was my first December trip and the first without my DH (he's a teacher). I was 8 weeks pregnant. It was pretty darn horrible, and I didn't have a child with me. It was so hard for me to go at someone else's pace, and I missed DH soooo much!!

So in reading your report, I just understand where you were with the trip and I'm so glad you were able to have some magical moments.

Can't wait to read the rest!

First off, congratulations on your little nugget. (That would be TK speak for the baby on the way.) How exciting!

The sad thing is, I used to be totally in tune to going at Mom and Nana's pace. But it's so different with DS, and the vibe is just different you know?

And by the by, I LOVE your Dis name! We are HUGE Batman fans in this house. Just wait until I tell my DH that Harley Quinn posted on my trip report. :thumbsup2

*tiptoes in from LL's PTR*
Hi! Sheesh, it has been awhile since I've been here--I think your winter trip was still sort of up in the air when last I prowled the Disboards regularly. Not sure I'll be able to catch up, but I'm glad you, the nugget, and female relations got to go, and I'm sure you had a fabby time!

*tiptoes out*

Hi! Sheesh, it has been awhile since I've been here--I think your winter trip was still sort of up in the air when last I prowled the Disboards regularly. Not sure I'll be able to catch up, but I'm glad you, the nugget, and female relations got to go, and I'm sure you had a fabby time!

*tiptoes out*

Jerri! Hi! :yay: Hope everything is going well with you. How is the novel going?

*tiptoes in from ll's ptr*
hi! Sheesh, it has been awhile since i've been here--i think your winter trip was still sort of up in the air when last i prowled the disboards regularly. Not sure i'll be able to catch up, but i'm glad you, the nugget, and female relations got to go, and i'm sure you had a fabby time!

*tiptoes out*

jiri!!!!!!!!

*tiptoes out*

JIRI!!!!! :welcome: back!

No tiptoe-ing necessary, my dear, I'm happy to have you here.:goodvibes

Hey TK!!! I'm back....sort of...but all caught up!!! What a wonderful night you had at MK---thank you Nana! So sorry about the crummy waiter at the buffet, but at least you had great character interactions to make up for it!!! Can't wait to hear about your shopping!!!! :)

Hey TK!!! I'm back....sort of...but all caught up!!! What a wonderful night you had at MK---thank you Nana! So sorry about the crummy waiter at the buffet, but at least you had great character interactions to make up for it!!! Can't wait to hear about your shopping!!!! :)

HI!!! :welcome: back, my dear!

I'm getting ready to post the shopping chapter, hopefully this weekend. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter